SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited May 2017

The new 2LT and West Point Grad, all of 20 years old Advises Sarge on how to change the tire, while Owen actually is changing the tire. And by the way, he is absolutely NOT lost. Fortunately for him, Owen will soon have the tire fixed.

I made Owen's pose myself since I couldn't find anything that really worked for a tire changing scene. Had to extend bend parameters on the feet, because apparenly they can't bend in this crouchy way. Lots of issues with this picture. Couldn't find a jack to save my lfie. Used the robot arm instead.  Had to download and re-texture a tire iron from Sharecg, and the plant I thought looked cool was too much like a tail from this angle.  Don't look too close, because I couldn't find a spare tire for the electrocar that matched the electrocar.... An I'm not re-rendering it. It is what it is. NEXT!

not-lost.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,647

You always do such amazingly detailed renders Serene!!!!

Thanks! I try to add stuff to the scenes, since I like to challenge myself sometimes. =-)

edited May 2017

Here is Boyd at the Tubo Hotel. I filed this one away as one I liked but never posted it. I still sort of like it. The Tubo hotel takes iray textures really nicely and I like the reflections in the glass. The eyes were from: Sci-Fi Eyes for Genesis 2 & 3 Female by Eva1. Great set!

Boyd is a pilot so his eyes are enhanced for targeting and accuracy. I usually only manifest the eyes as looking sci-fi-like  when he is using them, most often when he's angry or upset. The rest of the time, they look normal.

boyd.jpg
    1600 x 1400 - 2M
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited May 2017

I don't post much nowaday's, but alway's enjoy viewing your fantastic renderssmileyyes

Post edited by AJ2112 on

Thanks for the nice comments! Glad you like it!

edited May 2017

Owen and Boyd enjoy a nice walk in the country, with millenium puppy. 

One of the most dificult things about this piece was the hand holding position. I had to spend a lot of time making sure the fingers didn't clip. Millenium puppy is what it is... Had to take its lifeless eyes into photoshop to give it some realism.

Autumnday.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Very cute scene and well done!  The pups are awesome.  I know what you mean about laced fingers, I have trouble wrapping them around a weapon let alone trying to put two hands together that way, lol.  I tried a couples dancing scene and it was so bad that I didn't even render it.  The leaves in the bottom right give the whole thing a nice dreamy quality.

You are exactly right!

I spend a ton of time adjusting and making handgrips for pistols and weapons. There tends to be a ton of clipping on the trigger and in areas on the grips that drive me batty. I wish there was a soft flesh collision factor too. Hard to do any poses with characters touching or pressing close when hands, fingers, arms, and biceps don't distort in a way that is natural without just poking through.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I hate posing hands.  You've done a great job on these. I rather like the robotic arm as a jack I think it fits very well with the time/world they are in.

Not sure I would approach Boyd with that look on his face and a gun in his hand!

Love the pups, they definitely add to the scenes and they really look pretty good in this.

edited May 2017

Thanls for the nice comments! Yeah, hands are tough. But there is nothing more appealing than a couple holding hands. Too bad there aren't more simple poses like that.

edited May 2017

Sarge fights an alien Siren.

This was a lucky kitbash. I wanted to use the Scifi Medusa, but didn't know what to make the character wear with it. My first outfit was typical skimwear and it looked blah. I also don't have many fight poses for men and women together and it was neccessary to get up close to show all the flying tentacles on the helmet. To make it more interesting I  recolored the tentacles silver, yawed the camera dramatically and took it into photoshop to enhance the lighting effects and colors.

I found the tentacles rather tough to pose. The claws on the end also don't seem to open as much as I wanted and I wanted the tencales to move and coil a bit easier.

I'm probably going to do another image with this character, because she is so interesting. 

Owen-Vs-medusa.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Very dynamic image- Love the posing, you've done excellent with them and I would be interested in another render of the woman.  Very unique character there.   Well done!

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

......nevermind I'm more than slightly distracted by his shiney backside. >.> 

edited May 2017

LOL. Yes that is one thing about the Scifi bodysuit . It does have a smooth morph but it is for genesis 2 but the result is somewhat negligble. Owen doesn't wear the suit too often. But I like the way it fits everywhere else except maybe the groin clamp. It is rare for me to like the way anything genesis 2 fits on genesis 3.

I have a few more renders cooking with the siren in them. She is an interesting figure.

Very interesting character indeed.  Look forward to seeing what else you come up with for her.

Thanks! I've messed around further with that helmet, and I find it... Frustrating. Tentacles aren't easypose, which they reallly need to be, and movement of the tentacles by hand and the tentacle grippers is cumbersome.

edited June 2017

I've always been fascinated by umbrellas and the idea of making a rainbow one was kinda fun. This is my image for Pride month. May try a different pose. It was kind fo fun to see how the light goes through the umbrella's transparency.

pride-1.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited June 2017

This is one I worked on over the weekend. I own a number of cryo sleep sets and this is Stonemason's. It turned out grainy, but this may be the extent of what I can do with interior scenes on my current machine in iray. I may give the cryo sleeep scene a go in 3DL. Yes, Boyd has his long hair. I wanted to indicate that Owen has been in there a while! I did try some glass effects to try to make the glass look cold or perhaps wet. But even the new shaders just didn't help me there. May revisit this one at a nother time.

Asleep.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 3M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Millenium puppy is what it is... Had to take its lifeless eyes into photoshop to give it some realism.

I actually really like the dogs!

Ah yes, I remember your tutorial on how to make the lifeless eyes pop- I think you used millenium puppy. It was pretty good too.

This is one I worked on over the weekend. I own a number of cryo sleep sets and this is Stonemason's. It turned out grainy, but this may be the extent of what I can do with interior scenes on my current machine in iray. I may give the cryo sleeep scene a go in 3DL. Yes, Boyd has his long hair. I wanted to indicate that Owen has been in there a while!

I really like this one too. The blue glow really draws in the crowd standing around and the posing is wonderful. I feel like I am there.

• FabeFabe Posts: 207

This is one I worked on over the weekend. I own a number of cryo sleep sets and this is Stonemason's. It turned out grainy, but this may be the extent of what I can do with interior scenes on my current machine in iray. I may give the cryo sleeep scene a go in 3DL. Yes, Boyd has his long hair. I wanted to indicate that Owen has been in there a while! I did try some glass effects to try to make the glass look cold or perhaps wet. But even the new shaders just didn't help me there. May revisit this one at a nother time.

Very nice. Although I  am curious as to who the two young woman are. Cyrotechnicians who take care of Owen while he sleeps or maybe his and and Boyds adoptive or possibly biological daughters? It's sometimes hard to look some of the renders here and not start to make up my own stories to go wtih them.

edited June 2017

Thank you! That's such a nice compliment. Hmm! You are giving me ideas!  =-) Yeah, Owen and Boyd do adopt at some point in their lives.. Reproductive technology of the the future is pretty unlimited and the technology is available for gay couples to have children born in tubes with their dna or to clone themselves, or have surrogate children....  With earth's population devastated after the war government encourages repopulation, and there are likely plenty of oprhans if they prefer to adopt. Designer children are quite common, as Boyd is one of them. 

As far as who the girls are. You are right, could be techs. Could be members of Owen's former all-female unit. Could be children, or clones. 

I'm not sure it's canon, but I envisioned Owen waking up to discover Boyd had been promoted in rank to a high level officer.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

I love the cryo sleep unit render.  Great composition as always.  A very believable scene.  The grainyness is not noticeable or doesn't detract.  Could be fog/condensation from the unit even. 

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401

You definitely do some nice work, but why can't we see some heterosexual pairings for a change. 

You definitely do some nice work, but why can't we see some heterosexual pairings for a change. 

Probably because she's featuring her characters that have evolved throughout the years, with a lot of hard work. I remember her very first render of "Sarge" years and years ago. I certainly don't want him to go poof! The thread also has a lot of great action scenes, and I adore the bots.

Each thread has it's own niche, and each artist needs to do what they like to do- or what's the fun in doing it?

Novica said:

Probably because she's featuring her characters that have evolved throughout the years, with a lot of hard work. I remember her very first render of "Sarge" years and years ago. I certainly don't want him to go poof! The thread also has a lot of great action scenes, and I adore the bots.

Each thread has it's own niche, and each artist needs to do what they like to do- or what's the fun in doing it?

Yes, this is story she has been working on far longer than I have been around.  So the reason you mostly see these two is because she isn't done with the story I would guess.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

It really isn't relevant most of the time. Most of the pictures are people helping one another, even if it is the same two most of the time, and the renders make no mention of the sexuality of those being helped when it isn't one of the two, which is like real life for everybody. You don't interview somebody in distress about matters not relevant to the problem at hand before you help them, and for most problems sexuality isn't relevant to the problem at hand. You just help them.

• FabeFabe Posts: 207

Thank you! That's such a nice compliment. Hmm! You are giving me ideas!  =-) Yeah, Owen and Boyd do adopt at some point in their lives.. Reproductive technology of the the future is pretty unlimited and the technology is available for gay couples to have children born in tubes with their dna or to clone themselves, or have surrogate children....  With earth's population devastated after the war government encourages repopulation, and there are likely plenty of oprhans if they prefer to adopt. Designer children are quite common, as Boyd is one of them. 

As far as who the girls are. You are right, could be techs. Could be members of Owen's former all-female unit. Could be children, or clones. 

I'm not sure it's canon, but I envisioned Owen waking up to discover Boyd had been promoted in rank to a high level officer.

How about this; The two Women are Boyds subordinates .they were born with conditions similar to his and now have the same ablity to control drones and the three of them are now part of special drone unit with boyd in command The idea is that they stay behind in a comand and control center and remotly control a large unit of cobmbat  drones. Each of them can plug directly into one unit while still being able to command about a half a dozen others.

This discussion has been closed.