Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

No idea about the progressive and your dirt problem, but that is strange.  I love your contest entry.  Very nicely done!  :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I agree wit hDarwin's Mishaps, the DOF in the impossible boxes render is very nicely done.  I don't have the dirt shader (although its in my wishlist) so I can't really help there.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

thanks you both!

I put my question up on the 3delight laboratory thread, probably somebody will find an answer there

Here is another one with the impossible objects, this time in 3delight with the reflective radiance as light setting and some postwork in Gimp 2.8 continuing my mission to use colour as composition tool (did as well with the other impossible objects one). I think I start to get  a bit of a feel for that but still not daring much... and experimenting with postwork additions some more, as well still not very daring.

edited May 2017

Story time: Aeric the Cloaked, away into a new life. Story can be see on my deviantArt page ( not that I#m much of a story teller.

Notes
    wearing a red cape on his journey might not have been Aerics brightest idea so far, but I really needed something to make him stand out in this render, so I applied my newest pet tool: colour composition. Then I really wanted to make one of these flat long formats which acutally works good with a story about leaving, I think. I was experimenting with lens distortion but I admit that I didn't understand how to use it. So something still to learn for me. In the end this was all made with frame wideth and lens thickness. Unfortunately Iray doesn't support motion blurr so I tried to convey some sense of motion with DOF.

Away.png
    2500 x 1064 - 3M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

That's beautiful! The panoramic view and the depth of field really do work great at giving that scene of motion. 

That's beautiful! The panoramic view and the depth of field really do work great at giving that scene of motion. 

Thanks you so much, I'm glad it worked out!

Totally agree.  This is very well done!

Totally agree.  This is very well done!

Yep, I agree, too.  Very nicely done!  I'm going to have to go over to your DA page and read the story.  :)

edited May 2017

Thanks a lot everybody, as that was rather experimental, I'm really glad it turned out like that

now Ahmad need some showtime 8https://www.daz3d.com/ahmad-for-genesis-3-male) he  is a really fun character and I like his face and the two skin settings a lot, Iray no postwork

bottled.png
    1061 x 1500 - 3M
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

XD Love this, again!  See- there's the grin. *Point*  

Linwelly said:

Thanks a lot everybody, as that was rather experimental, I'm really glad it turned out like that

now Ahmad need some showtime 8https://www.daz3d.com/ahmad-for-genesis-3-male) he  is a really fun character and I like his face and the two skin settings a lot, Iray no postwork

I might have already commented on this elsewhere (sometimes, I can't keep track of where I've been and what I've commented on lol) but just in case, I think you did a great job on their expressions.

edited May 2017

Im glad you like them Darwin and Sonja they seem to turn our the funny side to me,

this one is the original for Llolas render a month but I had to have them in full view as well so they are below, Iray, no postwork

epic_fail.png
    1500 x 1200 - 3M
    selfie2.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M

That is just awesome- concept and expressions and posing, well freakin' done!  Thank you for using him (them) for this idea. XD

Those are some really great renders, Linwelly.  I'm not sure which one I like better though the genie floating above the bottle does look really nice.  Great job!

Thanks a lot both of you! These two make me very happy, now I need to combine them with my female favorite character twins Ceridwen...

edited May 2017

here is my second entry for the SB3 render competition, this time I made a skin for 3deligt and I am delighted to say that works very nice. I was a bit surprised that it doesn't generate displacement maps and I added those to the face in this case because the bump alone didn't do it for me

dod a ton of morphing around with her, she started out as a g3f and I even used a dformer on the head to shift her features, which from this angle is hardly see but gave me some edge with the hair and a bit of a squishy eye at the beginning. there is a bit of postwork involved, mainly desaturating the image.

May_Sun.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Linwelly said:

Im glad you like them Darwin and Sonja they seem to turn our the funny side to me,

this one is the original for Llolas render a month but I had to have them in full view as well so they are below, Iray, no postwork

This is so fun! Love the concept, nicely executed. Well done!

edited May 2017

Thanks a lot Novica, I'm glad you like it! here is some more Ahmad in his djinn form, this time makin a promise : your sweetest nightmare           ( honit soit qui mal i pense)

as naughty as it goes for my, Iray render with postwork in Gimp

Your_sweetest_nightmare.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M

I love this render and idea. Very well executed, Linwelly!  Yeah, I can see Ahmad Djinn being very.......nightmarish at times. ;) 

Thanks a lot Darwin, the light setting was a nightmare in itself, I wanted it dark but not too dark, the original render is somewhere inbetween but I ended up using some tricks I collected to postworking it into what I wanted. The whole thing started because the djinn wanted to test the rune armor but it didn't have enough bling on it ...

Wow, looks great Linwelly!

Wow, looks great Linwelly!

Thanks a lot Sonja!

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    Linwelly said:

Thanks a lot Novica, I'm glad you like it! here is some more Ahmad in his djinn form, this time makin a promise : your sweetest nightmare           ( honit soit qui mal i pense)

The colours work very well here =) And now I know what situations this type of armour is for =D
    Linwelly said:

The colours work very well here =) And now I know what situations this type of armour is for =D

Thanks a lot Kettu, that rune armor is even a rather well made armor with a good protective system (see here https://www.daz3d.com/rune-bundle-for-genesis-2-female-s-and-genesis-3-female-s), but I took all the protective parts out and blinged the rest up so there was nothing of the original idea left ;) its reylly nice with the options it has.

Linwelly said:
    Linwelly said:

Thanks a lot Kettu, that rune armor is even a rather well made armor with a good protective system (see here https://www.daz3d.com/rune-bundle-for-genesis-2-female-s-and-genesis-3-female-s), but I took all the protective parts out and blinged the rest up so there was nothing of the original idea left ;) its reylly nice with the options it has.

Thanks for the link... Arki's work is artistically distinct, and this one does look more practical than many outfits out there. Not sure I'm keen on the way it still emphasises the breasts, though. Unless you're trying to intimidate the opponent (LOL), you definitely want them out of the way when fighting, and it means high compression that loses the "feminine" shape.

Linwelly said:
    Linwelly said:

Thanks for the link... Arki's work is artistically distinct, and this one does look more practical than many outfits out there. Not sure I'm keen on the way it still emphasises the breasts, though. Unless you're trying to intimidate the opponent (LOL), you definitely want them out of the way when fighting, and it means high compression that loses the "feminine" shape.

I know, it's a repeptitive discussion but I guess buyers want their women show the female shape even even in armor, so I say its a step forward from the chainmail bikini and the like. And the emphasis on the breast can be reduced by reducing the breast size ( which happens when bandaging or something of that sort), so that works for me.

edited May 2017

this one is a bit of an experiment and I#m not sure which direction I will go with it. Started out with the above the clouds and then I stumbled over that egyptian barque I never yet used and had that idea of moving the barqu in the clouds, which then lead to the egyptian god Nut ( for the sky and stars) and Chons who is responsibel for the moon, one of the rare cases where a male god is connected to the moon.

while I like the colours and the skale of the whole I'm not yet sure about  the rest. Its probably up for some postwork but which way to go I dont know

Nut-Chons.png
    3000 x 1125 - 4M
    Linwelly said:
     Its probably up for some postwork but which way to go I dont know

More wisp-y clouds maybe? As-is, they look more like some magic river.

Linwelly said:

I know, it's a repeptitive discussion but I guess buyers want their women show the female shape even even in armor, so I say its a step forward from the chainmail bikini and the like. And the emphasis on the breast can be reduced by reducing the breast size ( which happens when bandaging or something of that sort), so that works for me.

I know, and we won't change those customers who want either chainmail bikinis or those "bust enhancers", but I simply don't know if that design was made to cater for those customers, because it was "just fantasy", or because it was made by an artist who wanted to make the perfect suit but didn't fully grasp proper armour design. The problem isn't even the breast size but the "wedge" between them (the front not being a "flat" surface). I could explain why if necessary.

Linwelly said:
     Its probably up for some postwork but which way to go I dont know

More wisp-y clouds maybe? As-is, they look more like some magic river.

Thanks for the feedback that could be something to try. Right now it has some sort of story book appeal to me which is interesting to try as well but new terrain to me. I guess i should just leave the worries behind and to my worst in Gimp to it. The beauty of digital art.. there is always the orignal to start something else with.

Linwelly said:

I know, and we won't change those customers who want either chainmail bikinis or those "bust enhancers", but I simply don't know if that design was made to cater for those customers, because it was "just fantasy", or because it was made by an artist who wanted to make the perfect suit but didn't fully grasp proper armour design. The problem isn't even the breast size but the "wedge" between them (the front not being a "flat" surface). I could explain why if necessary.

I believe the strange design design has its origins in comic style and gaming and so they wouldn't bother to think about proper armor design. Funny thing, you'r kind of preachign to the choir, laugh there are some links to useful armor for females on the front page of my group on dA (well for now its mostly my group, the founder is mostly inactive) http://fightin-females.deviantart.com/

Linwelly said:

The beauty of digital art.. there is always the orignal to start something else with.

Unless you get distracted and save over =P Happened to me a couple of times.

Linwelly said:

Funny thing, you'r kind of preachign to the choir, laugh there are some links to useful armor for females on the front page of my group on dA (well for now its mostly my group, the founder is mostly inactive) http://fightin-females.deviantart.com/

I was just checking your and your thread visitors' general stance on the topic because I had no idea about your level of involvement either.

*sighs* For someone whose sole active social network is dA, I navigate it terribly. I managed to locate a number of links but they were either about drawing female anatomy or dead. Did you mean links to 3D stuff or something more generic?

Speaking of 3D, there is this one in the store here which makes sense in terms of the breastplate: https://www.daz3d.com/joan-of-arc-for-v3

Xurge has a couple of nice ones in his personal store, like Peacemaker for V4 and some sci-fi ones (not all sadly), but his fantasy ones are, well, very much fantasy save for Fantasy Knight and Battle Mage expansion to a lesser degree.

I don't know of any other sets =(