Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2017

If you get a chance, please visit AVXP's thread to see the covers/books which have been released for sale, at a very reasonable price. Wonderful artwork on the covers and it looks like a fun series. Of course I like the western with the "cowboy" and guns blazing.

OT:  (Skip if you don't want to read horse-stuff. :)  ) Speaking of which, I had fun yesterday- and Stetson was SUCH a good boy. I rode with a bareback pad and bitless! (not bad for someone going on 61 years old in June.) Last time I did that, I was in my twenties. The bareback pad is the same as going bareback except you don't get totally sopping wet from sweat from the horse's back/where you sat. That is the epitome of "ugh" when you dismount, like wearing a wet swimsuit.

And it weights a pound, instead of 34! Stetson loved it, and it takes literally a minute to put it on. Want a great barebad pad? It's Statelinetack(dotcom) Best Friend Deluxe Trail Bareback Pad  or item  E004873. It's got pockets for a cell phone, and one that includes the water bottle! Has padding for the cantle (the back of the seat, it rolls up to help form a seat) and padding for the withers (neckbone area)  Two other people in the barn ordered it last week after they saw it. 

And I love the Nurtural bridle from Canada, there's no pressure on the poll (top of head) unless you really, really have to pull hard. It's delicate pressure underneath, with a huge, soft circle that the reins run through, that disperses the pressure. And it's underneath (like for us, where a chinstrap would go, and in the dead center) so it's very mild. I just barely lifted the reins (barely any pressure, everything is a loose fit with two fingers to four fingers underneath the straps) and Stetson stopped on a dime. He really enjoyed no bit, no saddle, it was obvious he was a much happier horse (even though I have a very gentle bit, double jointed with roller, and D-rings. No shanks.) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • genarisgenaris Posts: 313

Hi All!   Re: the FAVORITE WATER product conversation, and ?s about this one.... iReal Animated Ocean Water System is my favorite for large-scale outdoor water.  I haven't done animation with it, only still for now, but I love it for having the ability to have nice-looking foam, the water and sea-floor comes with various textures to suit differing types of locales and looks, and what's also real handy is the ability to use as many or few (seamlessly tiling) segments of ocean as you need for your scene which allows you the coverage you need and some resource efficiency.  Also, it looks beautiful.  Beautiful.  It's not a real cheap product but even just for still imagery (thus far) I am very happy to have bought it.

Here's a render I did with iReal a while back for an example: (Best seen by clicking through to Full Size)

preview img -click through for FULLSIZE

I'm in agreement with Serene Night (as often seems to be the case :) that wakes and ripples etc, where something or someone is in the water and/or moving is a real weak point presently, product-wise.  I've seen fluid, airflow and other physical simulations used to create various 3d products and it would be super if someone out there could do some physically correct simulation-based props that have the correct forms and scale of details to make accurate interactions with water. Hint hint! :)

-Gen

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited May 2017

@Serene Night, by any chance have you tried the iREAL Animated Ocean Water System?

No the price point is high and I don't animate so I passed on that one. I have bought a ton of water products just not that one

Edit: your render is cool though. 

Many ocean water products look to have such clear tropical water. Where I live the water is dark and a green gray color. Ocean is rough due to winds and spray an fog with rippleses and scummy foam. It is a place for experienced sailors who ply the bay for fish.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited May 2017

Breaking Waves on top of Terradome 3 Water.

Click on image for full size.

Breaking Waves and clouds from Stonemason.

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

@Serene Night, by any chance have you tried the iREAL Animated Ocean Water System?

No the price point is high and I don't animate so I passed on that one. I have bought a ton of water products just not that one

Many ocean water products look to have such clear tropical water. Where I live the water is dark and a green gray color. Ocean is rough due to winds and spray an fog with rippleses and scummy foam. It is a place for experienced sailors who ply the bay for fish.

I don't animate either, but I recommend getting the Water System just for still shots if it ever hits the right price point for you.

edited May 2017

@fishtales   I like the second one- it's got a variety of breaking tops.  And dolphins are adorable!

One we haven't mentioned for water is also Fern Lake. These were some doodles with the water at default, and making it a bit muddier.

Post edited by Novica on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    edited May 2017
    genaris said:

Hi All!   Re: the FAVORITE WATER product conversation, and ?s about this one.... iReal Animated Ocean Water System is my favorite for large-scale outdoor water.  I haven't done animation with it, only still for now, but I love it for having the ability to have nice-looking foam, the water and sea-floor comes with various textures to suit differing types of locales and looks, and what's also real handy is the ability to use as many or few (seamlessly tiling) segments of ocean as you need for your scene which allows you the coverage you need and some resource efficiency.  Also, it looks beautiful.  Beautiful.  It's not a real cheap product but even just for still imagery (thus far) I am very happy to have bought it.

Here's a render I did with iReal a while back for an example: (Best seen by clicking through to Full Size)

preview img -click through for FULLSIZE

I'm in agreement with Serene Night (as often seems to be the case :) that wakes and ripples etc, where something or someone is in the water and/or moving is a real weak point presently, product-wise.  I've seen fluid, airflow and other physical simulations used to create various 3d products and it would be super if someone out there could do some physically correct simulation-based props that have the correct forms and scale of details to make accurate interactions with water. Hint hint! :)

-Gen

Thank you for the info and render! I've almost bought that multiple times. I think it's going to get a higher priority now. I take it that you animate it until you get the look you want then freeze it for a render - so it works as if it were a still prop?

Edit: Answered by @Nath - yes it does.

Post edited by firewarden on
    edited May 2017
    Nath said:

I don't animate either, but I recommend getting the Water System just for still shots if it ever hits the right price point for you.

Cool! I had thought that was the case but wasn't sure. So many of us need good water!!!

Edited... Lots of good info and products jumping onto my wishlist!

Post edited by firewarden on

Is it sad when you run to recommended items and find you own some of them already and totally forgot about them? :/  I have the Fern Lake Bundle and derped. I wish these products were searchable by keywords. The search function in Studio has never been helpful for me, and I only started having better luck with DAZ when I started using the Content Library instead of the "smart" stuff.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited May 2017

This isn't finished, I'm not sure where it is going yet. I'm posting it here because it is Fern Lake with the water swapped out for one of the Terradome 3 Waters, rough waves or something like that :)

tranquility-001.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 2M
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,645

May I ask if anyone has Lady Blaze for Genesis and could try that jacket on a male figure? Its in fast grab and I kind of like it, but would like to see how it fits the boys. Thanks so much. :)

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited May 2017

The water shaders from fern lake were made by Cath @Mec4D and there were many others in her PBS Shaders Vol.2 which are excellent as well.

Post edited by greymouser69 on

Here's Lady Blaze on Deacon for Genesis, Aiko as well for comparison. There's something going on with the texturing around the breast area in Deacon. Those stripes are supposed to run straight, and do in the female version. You may or may not find this a problem - I've included a retextured version to show it a bit clearer.

deacon.png
    898 x 1056 - 856K
    aiko.png
    898 x 1056 - 914K
    edited May 2017

Here's the retexture. The shape of the jacket itself holds up well, but the texturing is less than ideal on a male shape (probably on a less endowed woman as well)

deacon_retextured.png
    898 x 1056 - 1M
    Post edited by Nath on
  • cismiccismic Posts: 629

As I started to develop this I saw the water postings, still learning about many things. These are two different renders, just changing up the sky and adding/hiding other things in image. 

This is in terradome3 with the "B" part and water. I added "Tropical Elements" by submerging it in the water some. Around the shore If grass is added can look a little more

realistic. Going to change up for both dragon scene and Egyptian themed waterway.

Josie on island Three.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Josie on island two.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,645

@Nath Thank you so much! I really appreciate the renders. yes

cismic said:

This is in terradome3 with the "B" part and water. I added "Tropical Elements" by submerging it in the water some. Around the shore If grass is added can look a little more

Thanks for showing those! smiley Interesting little island setup too. 

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Really cool water posts going on here. Thanks to everyone who has shared renders. 

One thing that helps get a less clear kind of water is to add a second plane under the first water plane to make water opaque. I have found this helpful with shader products recently released

I appreciate all the adviice on the water. :-) Very good info.

edited May 2017

Was trying to find my Alsace render, it's my favorite. I had to do a search of my external hard drive. 

I have it as my Desktop image. So now here's the question- and I asked this in Commons last year and it was quite fun to see the responses- what's your Desktop image? The first Alsace image with the boat is my Desktop, then thought you'd like to see the Alsace ones again as it's been awhile.

And love that boat! Yes, you can go inside and it's furnished. I featured it when I did the renders.  Here's RGcincy's posts with the sailboat and more water examples, from these threads.

These are huge, click to enlarge.

alsace3.png
    1200 x 1100 - 2M
    alsace1.png
    1284 x 720 - 1M
    alsace2.png
    809 x 859 - 1M
    alsace4.png
    573 x 700 - 620K
    alsace5.png
    800 x 629 - 965K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2017

I bought KindredArts Glassworx, that looks awesome!  And take a look at Nikisatez's store for outfits that are 83% off. They're not my style but you may be able to use them. Also, some PC items are dropping down to a dollar+ (That is with a new release)

The Dark Fairy Wings is in both sales and even without a purchase it's 83% off. Same for Wish Granter and Bad Boy Outfit. (And there's more. Just use these links to pop into the store.) 

Post edited by Novica on

I agree Glassworxs looks excellent. I will certainly pick that up.

Novica said:

I bought KindredArts Glassworx, that looks awesome!

floral glass: Is this for stained glass windows? Can't really tell from promo shots. 

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    edited May 2017
    Novica said:

Was trying to find my Alsace render, it's my favorite. I had to do a search of my external hard drive. 

I have it as my Desktop image. So now here's the question- and I asked this in Commons last year and it was quite fun to see the responses- what's your Desktop image? The first Alsace image with the boat is my Desktop, then thought you'd like to see the Alsace ones again as it's been awhile.

Here's my desktop image (click for fullsize):

HomecomingLarge.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 951K
    Post edited by TabascoJack on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

The Alsace renders are beautiful, and your desktop wallpaper is very relaxing @novica

Love your desktop image too @TabascoJack  You've inspired me to attempt a sci fi themed wallpaper!

edited May 2017

My desktop has one of my Boyd and Sarge renders on it. It is one I like best for some reason. I like the rim lights on Boyd's face. https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/233111/

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited May 2017
    cismic said:
    Novica said:

floral glass: Is this for stained glass windows? Can't really tell from promo shots. 

I believe the floral glass can be seen in this promo pic if you look closely here (its the 2nd image):

Post edited by FrankTheTank on

Has anyone used or have renders with this product? https://www.daz3d.com/easy-liquid-custom-liquid-shader-and-presets-for-iray . Looking for something

that can enhance or replace water with some products.

DSDT said:
    cismic said:
    Novica said:

I believe the floral glass can be see in this promo pic if you look closely here (its the 2nd image):

So, it's more frosty and swirls. I suppose the colors could be set differently and still have the patterns.

This discussion has been closed.