JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,493
    edited December 1969

That made me think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIutgtzwhAc

edited December 1969

Used some of Akhbour's tricks (thanks mate). Gents Club Color version.

gents-club-ccpw.jpg
    1200 x 848 - 176K
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969
    8446957917_bb732713fa_b.jpg
    819 x 1024 - 340K
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,114
    edited December 1969

lol Norse.. nice render!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Yay! So, here I was trying for "shine" -- not sure I managed it, but it was sure fun! DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP.

The Great and Powerful Tomalin

OMG, too funny for words! I love it Beth, well done!! :-)
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

lol Norse.. nice render!

Well, to truly capture your likeness I need to scan your face, Jack... :lol:

Applying it to Genesis should be a breeze.

3d_scanner.jpg
    800 x 615 - 27K
  • AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And an "ugly" shot:

Scene of crime

SceneOfCrime.jpg
    1000 x 707 - 136K
    edited December 1969

Nice Akhbour! Those stains in the rug are going to be a bugger to get out ;)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited February 2013

Pops in, runs around shouting crazy stuff...stops and stays "hello" to Peter and then runs off to hide again.

"the're coming to take me away"

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Pops is runs around shouting crazy stuff...stops and stays "hello" to Peter and then runs off to hide again.

"the're coming to take me away"

No, that would be the little green men, scaring the Pops...

edited December 1969

:P

Now be nice, you are now a CV. :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:

So are you ;-)

edited December 1969

Oh yeah I forgot... well I am on a break for a bit until I can get a new desktop.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Yay! So, here I was trying for "shine" -- not sure I managed it, but it was sure fun! DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP.

The Great and Powerful Tomalin

OMG, too funny for words! I love it Beth, well done!! :-)
    Thanks! :coolsmile: After I masked Jack's face in GIMP I mapped it (and the mask) onto a sphere primitive, scaled it long, and used the surface tile and offset controls to get it the right width again -- that's why it's reacting to the sidelights the way a face would. It turned out to be a pretty subtle effect in this, I probably could've mapped it onto a plane primitive or just postworked it in and it wouldn't've made much difference.

This set's turned out to be pretty popular -- lovely renders, people!

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Szark said:

So are you ;-)

Oh I never noticed that, nice one! well deserved too :)

edited February 2013

Totte said:
    Szark said:

So are you ;-)

Thank you, I was promoted yesterday ;-)

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:
    Szark said:

So are you ;-)

Thank you, I was promoted yesterday ;-)

Sounds like a reason to celebrate.. gentleman, get your whiskey glasses ready ;) will meet you on the floor shortly !

edited December 1969

LOL you bunch of drunken so and sos.

(spoken with a broad scottish accent) I'll have two pints of heavy

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

(spoken with a bad scottish accent) I'll have two pints of heavy

I corrected your post in my quote, you had added an extra couple of letters.. How can someone who spent many years in New Zee, now lives in sunny Yorkshire ever have anything else. :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Szark said:

(spoken with a bad scottish accent) I'll have two pints of heavy

I corrected your post in my quote, you had added an extra couple of letters.. How can someone who spent many years in New Zee, now lives in sunny Yorkshire ever have anything else. :coolgrin:

And that's why we Swedes just love the Brits ;-)

edited December 1969

LOL Well true chohole but it is like this you see...I have this dialogue in my head from years ago when Billy Connolly did a peice about two Two Scotsmen in Rome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKMQKgSnGy8

edited February 2013

This whole discussion made me remember when I was in Edinburgh a couple of years ago, and we took a guided bus tour around.
    The guide asked at the end if someone had experienced troubles understanding his accent. Then he told a story when he was in London for a wedding, and he had taken some photos and rushed to a quick-photo place to get them developed (the episode was some years back before everyone had digital cameras).

He stood at the desk and the girl behind the desk made this weird sound, Noim! And then again, Noim! and again Noim!
    After a while the gent behind him said - "She's asking for your name you silly Scotsman!"

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

ROFLOL Totte love it.....I got the same when I first came home with a broad Kiwi accent which I still have but a little quieter and muted but still noticable. Did wonders for the sex life. Humm too much info perhaps but it is the truth. ;)

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

an old one in monochrome-style

dx_schooldays.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 344K
    edited February 2013

Totte said:
    This whole discussion made me remember when I was in Edinburgh a couple of years ago, and we took a guided bus tour around.
    The guide asked at the end if someone had experienced troubles understanding his accent. Then he told a story when he was in London for a wedding, and he had taken some photos and rushed to a quick-photo place to get them developed (the episode was some years back before everyone had digital cameras).

He stood at the desk and the girl behind the desk made this weird sound, Noim! And then again, Noim! and again Noim!
    After a while the gent behind him said - "She's asking for your name you silly Scotsman!"

My ex sister-in-law has a definite North West Kent riverside accent, by which I mean similar to but not quite SE London with a tiny bit of Romany cant adding to it it, as we had quite a thriving Gypsy community on the Thames marshes. She was "going out with" a friend of ours from Texas who took her to the US on holiday. She came home quite upset because no one in Texas could understand her,, and kept asking Carl to translate.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

Hey Cosmo! Nice to see you back in around these parts.

Nice render.. hope you're well :)

edited February 2013

chohole said:
    Totte said:

My ex sister-in-law has a definite North West Kent riverside accent, by which I mean similar to but not quite SE London with a tiny bit of Romany cant adding to it it, as we had quite a thriving Gypsy community on the Thames marshes. She was "going out with" a friend of ours from Texas who took her to the US on holiday. She came home quite upset because no one in Texas could understand her,, and kept asking Carl to translate.

lol.. that sounds familiar.. where abouts in NW Kent?

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

Hey Cosmo! Nice to see you back in around these parts.

Nice render.. hope you're well :)

right now not so much time to render and I also have a gallery at renderosity where I post some of my stuff that can`t be posted here at daz because of forum rules :)

edited December 1969

other thing why I post more at renderosity is the feedback, here are many visitin my threat but without any comments, so I moved on to rendo

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Totte said:

lol.. that sounds familiar.. where abouts in NW Kent?

A Town called Erith, just a couple of stops up towards London from Dartford, where the tunnels and QE bridge are.

This discussion has been closed.