JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited February 2013

Seeing as this is the JAS thread, some of you might know the answer to my question. Does anyone know what textures are used for the classroom in the Skool Daze promo? It's a lovely clean classroom, but clearly different to the East Park High set which I have. I thought the textures for the room might have been included with the bundle, but it was textures for the classroom props. All very lovely indeed, but still no warm classroom interior.

Currently trying to populate the classroom with a whopping 30 Genesis characters. I dare not even imagine how my poor PC is going to struggle when it comes to render time. The hardest part so far is ensuring they're all uniquely posed and interacting. It's a gorgeous set though.

On another note, has anyone had issues using the East Park High preload set? When I loaded it into Daz there's a significant gap between the classroom and the corridor. So much so that the doors aren't even fitted into the doorway. The rest works fine though, so I've taken to using the Jacks original preload set and applying the East Park materials afterwards.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,125
    edited December 1969

I've asked Jen - and she tells me that the promo artwork was done by DAZ - so she doesn't know. However, she'll see if she can get hold of the artist to ask them :)

I haven't used the East Park set, but if there is an issue, drop support a ticket and I'm sure they will get it sorted. In the meantime, glad to hear my preload works.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

Actually, the classroom, to me, looks like Maclean's. Or even one of Greenpots's.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited February 2013

JOdel said:
    Actually, the classroom, to me, looks like Maclean's. Or even one of Greenpots's.

It's not Macleans and it's not Greenpots, though I can see why you might think them similar. The flooring on both of those is wood grain, but the flooring in the promo is tiled. The wallpaper is distinctly different as well, It is indeed puzzling though, as I've checked a lot of products (Even those from other sites) and can't seem to match it up.

Since the focus is on the props, however, it's difficult to tell if it is indeed Parkside High or another set used. Oh well... only another 20 more students to sit in place.

Edit: Well, in a twist of irony it's not actually Parkside being used in the promo. I haven't yet identified what set it is exactly, but since it's not a texture set as I originally thought, my interest has waned a little. If I see it, I'll probably grab it, but for now it's an interesting curio.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,508
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Jack - reports says you got great weather btw. Neither rain nor fog, weird.

Yea, it's quite cold - but I guess for them it's 'normal' lol..

She just returned home with the words: "Baah, show, we have such warm and nice weather in London!"

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:
    Jack - reports says you got great weather btw. Neither rain nor fog, weird.

Yea, it's quite cold - but I guess for them it's 'normal' lol..

She just returned home with the words: "Baah, show, we have such warm and nice weather in London!"

lol! Glad to hear shes home safe.

• AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And a bit of West Park Ward, "Forgotten" and "The last inmate":

LastInmate.jpg
    1240 x 1753 - 313K
    Forgotten.jpg
    1218 x 1753 - 381K
    edited December 1969

Love them!

I just have to post an old DS 3 render with the same set, you inspired me (did it for a Serenity adventure)

Inside_Asylum.jpg
    1600 x 899 - 187K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Akhbour said:

Cracking....so the rat is the "Last inmate" humm....LOL Love both Peter.
    edited December 1969

Akhbour said:

Nice work mate!

The second one is actually quite poignant :)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Love them!

I just have to post an old DS 3 render with the same set, you inspired me (did it for a Serenity adventure)

Nice.. :)

Did they surrender?

edited December 1969

JOdel said:

Think you're right - Jen tells me that Room Creator 2 was used apparently - hope that helps :)

edited December 1969

Hope everyone is having fun!

There is a ton of new PC content on the way.. I've been able to get back to normality now I've got my next brokered set squared away. It's all passed testing too, so a huge relief. As mentioned on my FB page, there will be 3 products: Base set, texture and low-res addon, and a big epic bundle for people wanting everything. So hopefully that covers most of the bases.

Not going to go too mad on the pre-release teasers.. but you can have a little peek at a random prop from the set... ;)

PNG.jpg
    500 x 650 - 129K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

It's a BIRDBATH !!! oh that is so cool !! (grin Big!!)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

It's been a while, but the GIS Skyway provides a nice setting ...

Spell_Maiden.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 931K
    edited February 2013

Nice work.. is there a back-story to the image?

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Nice teaser... But I still have no idea how the complete set will look like... *hmmmm*

And this is another one I've done with "Classic Deco":

Alysa Rabbit

2013-02-14_Jessica_Rabbit_Alysa_red_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 301K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Nice work.. is there a back-story to the image?

Er ... not really! :) Just done in a sort of 3D art swap at deviantART. My swapee did a picture with a mage, so I felt obliged to do so ... and it started there and snw-balled .. ;)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Love them!

Nice.. :)

Did they surrender?

No, but they went around like scared rabbits mumbling reaver-reaver-reaver-reaver-reaver-reaver-reaver

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Back in May last year, I posted this:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/1168/

I said then that it had gotten the most views ever on my Flickr-account, and it still leads with 993 views...

The best picture IMHO, depending on the present, however - is this one using Jack's Morgue. (maybe a bit too much ambience on the surgical gown....). I think I used LAMH too. For those who don't know, it's Albert and an early 'test-subject' of the T-virus lies on the slab. (hoping I'm not rehashing something I've posted earlier). Time for Chris to enter the scene, methinks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8310677498/

8310677498_844dc93c90_c.jpg
    800 x 640 - 254K
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    Nice teaser... But I still have no idea how the complete set will look like... *hmmmm*

And this is another one I've done with "Classic Deco":

Alysa Rabbit

Love the tone of the image, the blue/red works really well :)

edited December 1969

Back in May last year, I posted this:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/1168/

I said then that it had gotten the most views ever on my Flickr-account, and it still leads with 993 views...

The best picture IMHO, depending on the present, however - is this one using Jack's Morgue. (maybe a bit too much ambience on the surgical gown....). I think I used LAMH too. For those who don't know, it's Albert and an early 'test-subject' of the T-virus lies on the slab. (hoping I'm not rehashing something I've posted earlier). Time for Chris to enter the scene, methinks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8310677498/

Nice!.. yea the gown is a little over-powering, but.. :)

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Thanks Chohole for alerting me to this thread. Here is my contribution. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Deco_Interior_Scene.jpg
    1280 x 840 - 556K
    edited December 1969

Well the only feedback from me Rashad is WOW great Brycing there, really great stuff.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Well, I guess I'll have to rework the renders I was going to post. ;-) BTW, what desk is that, I like it!!! :-)

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

This thread always gets the most excellent renders . . . I think it's Jack's fault. :-P Well, my quirky little offering uses Jack's West Park Ablutions and the Victorian Desk from Parkside High Recess (using the Vintage for and Skool Daze for texture sets). DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Gazing into a Strange Future

PCI20130221-GazingFutureStrange-x2000.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    edited December 1969

So, now to the big, huge, almost epic question:
    Will Jack's new set open or close the Mars Madness?

edited December 1969

Mid Mars Maddness

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

In the middle Pete? Why do you think in the middle? If I were to guess, and assuming Stefan's not coming out with something huge for "March" Madness, I'd say it would start it off. Historically, DAZ likes to start their big sales with something big from one of their bigger, more popular, PAs.

Of course I could be wrong, but that's my story, and I'm stickin' tuit. ~ROFLMAO~

edited December 1969

My guess is MM will start & end with items from the following PAs...

Jack Tomalin, Stonemason, Favarel & Predatorn. (Not knowing who will start and who will end.

This discussion has been closed.