Iray Ghost Light Kit 2: Render and Support Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 827

Snagged this first thing.  Looking forward to seeing what I can do with it later on today!

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    Daikatana said:

Snagged this first thing.  Looking forward to seeing what I can do with it later on today!

+1

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2017

Here's with one ceiling light and one light ball. It's Cailin and Dragon Queen Outfit. I changed her skin tone, changed the White Point, etc. The Ghost Lights render very quickly, this is 800px and took about three minutes to render. 

ghostLiteEXTCailinDragonQueen.png
    615 x 800 - 738K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,228

Hey guys!

Sorry i've not been very interactive, i've been away for my dads birthday, back now though! Thank you to everyone who has been popping in and commenting, and an obvious thank you to those of you who have already picked up the set. Remember, if you have any issues, both myself and a lot of wonderful forum regulars would be happy to help you out. @Ati spotted that i'm not featured for some reason, no idea why, but i am investigating. I'll come back with an update when i've sorted all my emails.

• MartialMartial Posts: 404

bonjour

I just dezip the product  but i don't see where is the documentation Where?

I have used and l like the first one

Thanks

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,311
    edited May 2017

There's a link on the readme page to the pdf.

One thing that has just really confused me is that the 'Apply before Presets' icon for the ModBox is the last thing in the folder, it took me a while to find it as I expected it to be first, and thought as it wasn't I needed to apply the other one in the GLK materials folder - which of course did nothing.

Post edited by scorpio on
    Martial said:

bonjour

Thanks

Oh dear, i have no clue where they've put it. I had a separate documentation folder but it seems to have vanished, i will investigate! In the mean time, here's a link to the PDF. I will update the main post with a link.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

scorpio said:

One thing that has just really confused me is that the 'Apply before Presets' icon for the ModBox is the last thing in the folder, it took me a while to find it as I expected it to be first, and thought as it wasn't I needed to apply the other one in the GLK materials folder - which of course did nothing.

That's why I pointed it out in my post  wink because you're not alone!  I looked for it too when I first started piddling with the box, so I made a note to mention it when the thread got going.

scorpio said:

I know, i apologize, there wasn't really an elegant way around this as far as i know. Daz don't really like odd characters injected into titles to force file position, so i pretty much have to let it sit wherever it lands in the file structure.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,311
    scorpio said:

I know, i apologize, there wasn't really an elegant way around this as far as i know. Daz don't really like odd characters injected into titles to force file position, so i pretty much have to let it sit wherever it lands in the file structure.

Perhaps next time you could pop the info into the PDF - might help. And although I realise Daz may not like it there are times it needs to be done so that users don't get frustrated with a product.

scorpio said:
    scorpio said:

Perhaps next time you could pop the info into the PDF - might help. And although I realise Daz may not like it there are times it needs to be done so that users don't get frustrated with a product.

Duly noted, thank you scorpio.

• billyben_0077a25354billyben_0077a25354 Posts: 771
    edited May 2017

@Ati spotted that i'm not featured for some reason, no idea why, but i am investigating. I'll come back with an update when i've sorted all my emails.

I think part of the problem is they stuck your Iray Ghost Lights Kit 2 in the middle of the M4/V4 Summer Blowout Sale.  I was looking at the Features Artists Catalogs they have up and it is all older V4/M4 era stuff or specific V4/M4 content.  Hopefully DAZ will get it sorted out soon.

Post edited by billyben_0077a25354 on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,078

@Ati spotted that i'm not featured for some reason, no idea why, but i am investigating. I'll come back with an update when i've sorted all my emails.

I think part of the problem is they stuck your Iray Ghost Lifhts Kit 2 in the middle of the M4/V4 Summer Blowout Sale.  I was looking at the Features Artists catalogs they have up and it is all older V4/M4 era stuff or specific V4/M4 content.  Hopefully DAZ will get it sorted out soon.

Yeah. I'm not hoping for an 80% off sale on KindredArts products, I'd be happy with a 50% off. Actually, I'll make you a deal. ;) If you can make it 60% off, I'll buy 2 older items, plus the new one. ;)

• MartialMartial Posts: 404
    Martial said:

bonjour

Thanks I got it now

Thanks

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    scorpio said:
    scorpio said:

Here is my tiny tip for the day. They don't like non traditional characters at the start of a file name, because it can mess with the metadata (I think is the reason), but they are OK in the middle of a file name, when used appropriately. A work around is to start all of the presets in a product with the same prefix. Example: KAGL2 ! Use First, KAGL2 Material 1, etc.This has the added bonus of keeping all presets for any product clumped together in the smart content.

Anyway, sorry for the divergence. Congrats on the release KA!

I think part of the problem is they stuck your Iray Ghost Lights Kit 2 in the middle of the M4/V4 Summer Blowout Sale.  I was looking at the Features Artists Catalogs they have up and it is all older V4/M4 era stuff or specific V4/M4 content.  Hopefully DAZ will get it sorted out soon.

Ati said:

I think part of the problem is they stuck your Iray Ghost Lifhts Kit 2 in the middle of the M4/V4 Summer Blowout Sale.  I was looking at the Features Artists catalogs they have up and it is all older V4/M4 era stuff or specific V4/M4 content.  Hopefully DAZ will get it sorted out soon.

Yeah. I'm not hoping for an 80% off sale on KindredArts products, I'd be happy with a 50% off. Actually, I'll make you a deal. ;) If you can make it 60% off, I'll buy 2 older items, plus the new one. ;)

Yes, billyben pretty much hit the nail here. I've spoken to the team and it seems there was a bit of a mix up that's all, my store should be featured and on sale from tomorrow onwards.

scorpio said:
    scorpio said:

Here is my tiny tip for the day. They don't like non traditional characters at the start of a file name, because it can mess with the metadata (I think is the reason), but they are OK in the middle of a file name, when used appropriately. A work around is to start all of the presets in a product with the same prefix. Example: KAGL2 ! Use First, KAGL2 Material 1, etc.This has the added bonus of keeping all presets for any product clumped together in the smart content.

Anyway, sorry for the divergence. Congrats on the release KA!

Ooooh hot tip DG, thank you very much. All i got was "random characters are a no-no", it must be meta-data as you say. I'll definately keep this in mind moving forward wink

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Oh dear, I already purchased but if there's also going to be a vendor sale I wonder if I'll have to engage in ticket shenanigans...

• For clarification:

A file with a name like !Material inside your own product's Material/Shaping etc folders is OK. They are often used to signify the importance to "see this first". It wil not mess up any metadata.  

It is totally discouraged in Folder names. No one wasnt to see people trying to get their product listed "first" in the Library lists by adding 20 "!" in front of its name. !!!!!!!My Product

It will mess up installs if it is in an actual asset name. (i.e. your dsf file located in "data" has any special characters or is in a folder with a special chearacter within data.)

Oh dear, I already purchased but if there's also going to be a vendor sale I wonder if I'll have to engage in ticket shenanigans...

It won't effect IGLK2 if that's all you bought, that's already on discount. It's my back-catalog that didn't go on sale, the same with any other released artist today including joequick and C3d etc. It won't matter much for most people (except myself obviously), but some customers wanted to buy IGLK and IGLK2 together, but the first set is currently full price which it shouldn't be. Marketing knows of the issue and they will fix it before mid-day tomorrow, which i'm very pleased about. smiley

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726

Purchased!

I ran across a preset for the mesh lights that dosent seem to be working. The "Apply before..." dosent seem to do anything. Sorry I cant be more helpful or specific right now, Mothers Day beckons.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

It won't effect IGLK2 if that's all you bought, that's already on discount. It's my back-catalog that didn't go on sale, the same with any other released artist today including joequick and C3d etc. It won't matter much for most people (except myself obviously), but some customers wanted to buy IGLK and IGLK2 together, but the first set is currently full price which it shouldn't be. Marketing knows of the issue and they will fix it before mid-day tomorrow, which i'm very pleased about. smiley

Just thinking about whether there's going to be a 'buy a  new release to get a bigger discount on backlist' thing going on.

• pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506
    edited May 2017

What I really miss in this version, is the description for the movements

in the 1st version  it had  Move forward / Backup    Move Up/ Down.

I don't see those descriptions anymore.  it's just the standard stuff from Daz.

2nd.  in the 1st version,  I just had  Horizontal and vertical ghost light.  Are those replaced in this version?

3rd.  The Apply settings,  what is the difference for  IGL-K2 Ghost  and IGL-K2 MB Ghost ?

4th   The dome, can you use it like over your whole scene?  or is it just for small areas?

5th, a bug?    when using the Fluresent light prop, and you set the lights etc.   it shows ??  in the properties, until you move the slider a little bit.

Post edited by pkappetein on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

i'd love to see a render featuring the flashlight in action.  the lantern looks so good...

j

• jardine said:

i'd love to see a render featuring the flashlight in action.  the lantern looks so good...

j

As soon as I get back from vacation, one of the first renders I plan to do is a Lara Croft type character with a flashlight and a drawn condition 0 1911 in some reraly dark catacombs with some creepy critters around.

Purchased!

I ran across a preset for the mesh lights that dosent seem to be working. The "Apply before..." dosent seem to do anything. Sorry I cant be more helpful or specific right now, Mothers Day beckons.

Hmm, you might have to give me a bit more information. Remember that there is a set of materials and a set of shaders, the shaders are for the modbox. If you let me know some specifics when you're back, i'd be happy to help.

Just thinking about whether there's going to be a 'buy a  new release to get a bigger discount on backlist' thing going on.

I'm not sure sure really. it could be worth waiting if you're interested in that type of deal, it may will happen, steve didn't give any specifics. It will be in place before mid day tomorrow though, so it might be worth hanging on until then.

2nd.  in the 1st version,  I just had  Horizontal and vertical ghost light.  Are those replaced in this version?

3rd.  The Apply settings,  what is the difference for  IGL-K2 Ghost  and IGL-K2 MB Ghost ?

4th   The dome, can you use it like over your whole scene?  or is it just for small areas?

5th, a bug?    when using the Fluresent light prop, and you set the lights etc.   it shows ??  in the properties, until you move the slider a little bit.

1, I really liked the named labels too! The funny thing is, i got really mixed responses on them, some people found them a bit confusing, so i left them out of this set. I'm glad someone agrees with me though, i found them quite handy. I'll probably put them back in if i do an extension of some sort.

2. The horizontal/vertical ghost lights are only available in the base pack, there is no equivalent in this version. You could load a modbox and simply turn off visibility in the scene panel to all but one of the panes. The materials are backwards compatible between sets though.

3. IGL-K2 MB Ghost is strictly for the modbox, it's the only prop that doesn't have the standard ghost light material setup.

4. You can use it over the whole scene if needs be, there's no problem with that as far as i know. Simply scale it up as much as you require.

5. I'm not sure about that, i'm having trouble replicating the bug on my end. I'll investigate further, thank you for letting me know. smiley

• pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506

Maybe you can add a toggle for changing the text?

and the MB  I did figure it out  :)   lot's of new toys to play with.

here is an image on how I get it

Load the item, hide it, apply both settings and see the result on the right

bug.PNG
    1915 x 940 - 249K
  • billyben_0077a25354billyben_0077a25354 Posts: 771
    edited May 2017

1, I really liked the named labels too! The funny thing is, i got really mixed responses on them, some people found them a bit confusing, so i left them out of this set. I'm glad someone agrees with me though, i found them quite handy. I'll probably put them back in if i do an extension of some sort.

I'll second that.  It was very nice to not have to think aobut the X/Y/Z axis and just move the surfaces up, down, or sideways, or spin it whichever way based on the move labels.  Hopefully you can add them in at a future date.

Post edited by billyben_0077a25354 on

Maybe you can add a toggle for changing the text?

and the MB  I did figure it out  :)   lot's of new toys to play with.

here is an image on how I get it

Load the item, hide it, apply both settings and see the result on the right

Ah ok, i see the issue now. It's because you have the  master material selected, not the materials under the master material. If you click the little arrow next to the Fluorescent light master material, more materials will drop down. The reason there are question marks is because each sub material (like the bulb, base, ghost light, arrow etc) all have differing values, but if you were to click just one of the sub materials, it would have a value.

I'll second that.  It was very nice to not have to think aobut the X/Y/Z axis and just move the surfaces up, down, or sideways, or spin it whichever way based on the move labels.  Hopefully you can add them in at a future date.

Well it's nice to know folks appreciated it! smiley I will more than likely update the set with updated labels if that's the case, just not in the very near future because it requires a fresh round of QA. I've made a note though, thanks for the input guys!