DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I, unfortunately, went against my gut feelings and went ahead anyways and did the update for Daz Studio 4.5 to 4.5.1.56, thinking it would be safe. What a HUGE MISTAKE! If you're a D|S person, DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT use the current update! It will screw your GENS up and you will NOT be able to work, conform or individualize them at all.
    Due to this, I've had to completely uninstall everything,program, content folder, everything and start all over fresh. This will take days to do and I now must begin the task of going through everything to see what I want to reinstall or have to, and what to leave out this time. This is NOT a task I look forward to.
    As the old saying goes, "If it's not broke, DON'T fix it"!
    Again, for your D|S users, DO NOT install the current update!

Sorry, not true here. Just did the update and tried to conform the gens. It works, with all the custom morphs I made for it.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Depending on what version of the Genesis Starter Essentials you have it might be possible that there are issues. The latest version of GSE is 1.6 I believe and I don't see to have issues using that version.

• scorerscorer Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

Is there an up to date explanation of the bone pinning system? It seems buggy and I have seen others say the same elsewhere but the issue doesn't seem to register in the forum much. I can't figure out a good way to animate without pinning the feet and once you get past basic up down movements it seems to fall apart. I am willing to admit I may be doing something wrong but can't find up to date info.

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Depending on what version of the Genesis Starter Essentials you have it might be possible that there are issues. The latest version of GSE is 1.6 I believe and I don't see to have issues using that version.

Actually the latest version of GSE is 1.11 (Thats one point eleven which is higher then one point six) that is the one shipping with the current version of DAZ Studio and the DSON Importer for Poser.
  • Tim NTim N Posts: 193
    edited December 1969

It depends on how far you want to go for a clean install. I usually perform the following:

Uninstall DS4. Make sure you uninstall all the plug-ins, etc. Once everything is uninstalled, make sure you have no DAZStudio4 directories in either or both:
    C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D

Also stop the Content Manager Service and uninstall. Goto
    %ProgramData%\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases

in Windows Explorer, and delete the database files.

Reboot. Before reinstalling, open Regedit. Do a search for Keys only, using this as the search string:
    Studio4

Do a search in HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    It should find the following:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DAZ\Studio4
    Right-click on Studio4 in the left pane, and select Delete.
    Reboot once again, and re-install. You will need to re-import your directories, Metadata, etc, in DS4 as all the settings are now gone.

ONLY DO REGISTRY PART IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

I just want to thank DoctorJellybean for the advice above. It completely fixed the crashing problems I was having with 4.5.1.56.

I had previously tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the extra steps above made all the difference.

• williamboswellwilliamboswell Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

The install file for Decimator (64-bit for PC) was caught by my Norton Anti-Virus saying it had a virus in it and promptly deleted the downloaded file. I didn't have any problems with the 32-bit version. I don't have any need for Decimator, but thought I'd mention it.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

whbos said:
    The install file for Decimator (64-bit for PC) was caught by my Norton Anti-Virus saying it had a virus in it and promptly deleted the downloaded file. I didn't have any problems with the 32-bit version. I don't have any need for Decimator, but thought I'd mention it.

If an .exe file is incomplete it can resemble a baddie so the AVs will delete them. So a reset, clear the cache and tell Norton's to ignore the download ... and hopefully you could download a full installer. Either one needs a key though to work. Doesn't come free with D/S4.Pro free although they give us those installers.

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

scorer said:
    Is there an up to date explanation of the bone pinning system? It seems buggy and I have seen others say the same elsewhere but the issue doesn't seem to register in the forum much. I can't figure out a good way to animate without pinning the feet and once you get past basic up down movements it seems to fall apart. I am willing to admit I may be doing something wrong but can't find up to date info.

i reported a bug report about this a while ago, it seems daz is working on this.
    but, think we se this working in dazstudio 5.

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=41253

• crafty66067crafty66067 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Can any one tell me how to get the transparent background when I save a render as a png, I had it before but I don't have it now and I know it has to be a setting I just can not find it! Thanks so much!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

I thought the PNG generated a transparent background automatically. If you have the scene filled with stuff your not going to get any transparency but if it's just a singular figure or prop it SHOULD save with transparency/no background fill.

edited December 1969

It is a single figure, no background but when I save it using the png format It has a grey background, it never used too, it used to be transparent.
    Pat

V4_imprisonment_hearts_5.png
    429 x 704 - 294K
    edited December 1969

Downloaded it and opened it up in Irfanview . It's got a totally transparent background!

edited December 1969

Sorry I sent the one I had tubed this is the way it saves

V4_imprisonment_hearts_5.png
    495 x 750 - 261K
    edited December 1969

Yup, that's got the default gray background. So when your render window is finished you use the side drop down and choose png after you name it and it's exporting like that? That's very odd.

edited December 1969

Yes that is the way it saves, I used to give me the transparent background but that was several updates ago. I have to tube each figure to use it for what I want to use it for. I was hoping it was a setting I had not found yet.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Yes that is the way it saves, I used to give me the transparent background but that was several updates ago. I have to tube each figure to use it for what I want to use it for. I was hoping it was a setting I had not found yet.

Do you render to a window and then save it after? I render directly to a png file. Try that.

Dana

edited December 1969

I tried it both ways and they both have the gray background on them.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I tried it both ways and they both have the gray background on them.
    One question, I've not read deep back in the thread so this could not be anything, are you rendering in FULL 3Delight render mode? I do all my final renders with only the 3Delight render engine and save as PNG. Not once have I had a none transpartent Background. I have loaded my PNG's in one 2D art program and the background color showed but it was still an Alpha Layer that just needed set to OFF. I could then work in layers just as if it loaded with the background transparent. If I saved as a PGN again without setting the Alpha layer transparent the second version of the PGN no longer had the Alpha channel.

Just trying to help. I could be 100% wrong.
    edited December 1969

Possibly resetting preferences to factory default would help.

I don't know where the option is to change it but my .png renders out with a clear background providing I open it in the right programs. Some programs will 'see' the background colour not the clear.

edited December 1969

I am only using Delight to render with and I reset my settings to default I rendered Genesis plain and it came out transparent and then I did a K4 dressed and it came out with a grey back ground. I really do not know what to do.

edited December 1969

I don't know why it's doing that either. Maybe it's picking up more background file info from somewhere.

However, what I have done from time to time is to intentionally render out a .jpg with a white background, and another with a black background. In an image editor, use the background eraser to eliminate the background and hopefully end up with a clear background or at least one that can look correct on either a black or white background. Technically could match the colour to the planned background if one knows what that would be. [and for others who may reading this and not know, the jpg then must be saved as .png as .jpgs do not keep a transparent background].

edited December 1969

thanks so much I just thought there was a setting I had messed up or something! I've been taking them into my PSP and using a tool I have in there to eliminate the grey but sometimes it will remove the grey from the image too! lol I might try uninstalling and then reinstalling everything again.

edited December 1969

Well you know, I thought there was a setting too but it's well hidden if it's still there. Maybe one day we'll find it again!

• 3D-GHDesign3D-GHDesign Posts: 669
    edited December 1969

for me, the new version crash when I render something with smaller parts and reflection :( And same item was rendered well in previous DS version. I didn't change anything. Installed new version and since it I can't render that item, only if I remove reflection. And funny part, there is another item with exactly same materials and I can render it well...maybe it is larger or what. But usually the new small window freezing where DS display what happen....in previous version when rendered, only one new window opened...where image rendered. Now we got this small window every time when make something...like adjust rigging or render or spot render. And this is what is always freezing.

• YofielYofiel Posts: 204
    edited December 1969

I didn't notice, on first install, that Norton Security felt the Decimator plugin to be a dangerous risk and deleted it. I thoought it was included in the big bundle, but then found it still had beta versions of Decimator and Dynamic Clothing which don't work. The Animate plugin entered demo mode, which I didn't want, and I've lost 10 days doing other stuff before I noted the evaluation clock was ticking.

On the Decimator product page, Decimator is shown as 'purchased.' Maybe I did buy it, I cant't find it in my order history. So I can't buy it anyway. On the other hand, I have Carrara and would rather purchase an 8.5 upgrade because I already know how to use the decimator in Carrara.

edited December 1969

On the other hand, the 'Send to Hexagon' isn't working, and that really is a problem for me. I purchased Hexagon 2.1 before it was free, and was given a free upgrade to 2.5.1.79. Daz Studio says I need Hexagon 2.5.1.52 or higher, and that is what I have installed.

'Send to Bryce' also is not working, it says I need Bryce 7.1, and I have the Bryce 7 PLE installed. I purchased Bryce 6, and replaced it with Bryce 7 PLE when it was made free to Daz customers.

I would really appreciate a 'Send to Carrara' option. I purchased Carrara 5.0 Pro, and the Carrara 8.1 Pro upgrade, for some $700 altogether. I would rather not upgrade Poser again, having paid for 4.0, 4.5, 6.0, 7.0, and 2010Pro, and I would rather spend the money at Dazm but if this is going to be an ongoing problem, I would rather get some more creative work done:)

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,812
    edited December 1969

emeyer said:
    On the other hand, the 'Send to Hexagon' isn't working, and that really is a problem for me. I purchased Hexagon 2.1 before it was free, and was given a free upgrade to 2.5.1.79. Daz Studio says I need Hexagon 2.5.1.52 or higher, and that is what I have installed.

'Send to Bryce' also is not working, it says I need Bryce 7.1, and I have the Bryce 7 PLE installed. I purchased Bryce 6, and replaced it with Bryce 7 PLE when it was made free to Daz customers.

I would really appreciate a 'Send to Carrara' option. I purchased Carrara 5.0 Pro, and the Carrara 8.1 Pro upgrade, for some $700 altogether. I would rather not upgrade Poser again, having paid for 4.0, 4.5, 6.0, 7.0, and 2010Pro, and I would rather spend the money at Dazm but if this is going to be an ongoing problem, I would rather get some more creative work done:)

Sending to Hex (2.5.1.79) works for me, as well as Bryce (7.1).

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

emeyer said:

If you are using DS 4.5 and Carrara 8.5, in most cases you just save a DUF and Carrara reads that natively.

Send to Bryce and to Hexagon from DS 4.5.1.56 to Hex 2.5.1.79 and Bryce 7.1 does work, if it doesn't I will need a bug report on it. :) http://bugs.daz3d.com

edited February 2013

Sir thank you very much. Before I set up a whole scene, please could you tell me does DUF support transfer of animation sequences, deformations, dynamic cloth, and hair? These are all things I couldn't get out of Poser into Carrara, and if it does support them, then I am happy to buy the DS4 plugins in good faith.

Post edited by Yofiel on
  • BTLProdBTLProd Posts: 114
    edited February 2013

emeyer said:
    Sir thank you very much. Before I set up a whole scene, please could you tell me does DUF support transfer of animation sequences, deformations, dynamic cloth, and hair? These are all things I couldn't get out of Poser into Carrara, and if it does support them, then I am happy to buy the DS4 plugins in good faith.
    DAZ Studio dynamics have to be frozen/baked before saving for transfer to Carrara. Dynamic Cloth from Poser to Carrara is the same. There is a script available called Dyn2morph and you can use that to bake your simulation.

Note that Poser Hair does not export. By DS hair, I presume you mean Optitex hair, which does work like the cloth does.

Note that Carrara has its own dynamic hair.

Post edited by BTLProd on