"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481
    Ati said:
    Greybro said:

Am I the only one who breaths a sign of relief when the daily offerings don't included must have items. My debit card is smoldering from all the friction of the past month.

No must-haves, but the three new DO items at 92% off do look inviting.

"DO" items you say? %92 off you say? Please explain what these are and where I can find them. Addiction rearing it's ugly head.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,080
    Greybro said:
    Ati said:
    Greybro said:

Am I the only one who breaths a sign of relief when the daily offerings don't included must have items. My debit card is smoldering from all the friction of the past month.

"DO" items you say? %92 off you say? Please explain what these are and where I can find them. Addiction rearing it's ugly head.

https://www.daz3d.com/05-01-may-day

3 of the 4 new items are DO items. Along with 4 items from Aave Nainen and Sedor, they become 92% off.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557
    edited May 2017

Not a bad way to wake up, thanks DAZ.

deal4.jpg
    1360 x 827 - 354K
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481
    Ati said:
    Greybro said:
    Ati said:
    Greybro said:

3 of the 4 new items are DO items. Along with 4 items from Aave Nainen and Sedor, they become 92% off.

Oh, now I see what you mean!

• cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430

I gotta tell ya, I spent hours playing Jenga with the cart to get the best deals.  Now, I'm looking at my cart and wondering if I really want or need any of it.  Good deals for sure.  But, I'm wondering if I'll use the stuff.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

I gotta tell ya, I spent hours playing Jenga with the cart to get the best deals.  Now, I'm looking at my cart and wondering if I really want or need any of it.  Good deals for sure.  But, I'm wondering if I'll use the stuff.

That's always the risk with playing cart Jenga.

I try to remind myself that I'm buying the stuff to render it, not for getting a 'good deal'. Sometimes it even helps...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557

I did the same thing yesterday for about an hour, soo many items in and out of the cart trying to get the best deal before the end of the weekend (knowing full well the sales would probably be over). I finally just emptied my cart and went to bed. Thanks to this thread, todays sale was a no brainer, picked the items, saw the expected discount and checked out

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

I created a new Review Video for SkinBuilder 3 for G3F

Hope some of you find it helpful

Greybro said:
    Ati said:
    Greybro said:
    Ati said:
    Greybro said:

Oh, now I see what you mean!

And now you can even use the coupons to achieve better discounts on the other items as well.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Thank you @Ati, I couldn't figure out how to trigger the discounts.  On the other hand, I may now have bought too many things, lol

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Ati said:
    Greybro said:

They caught me. But then again, I didn't spend much in April, and most of what I did buy was paid for with store credit left over from March.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Hmmm... what about the "Best Sellers Blowout" - https://www.daz3d.com/04-29-best-sellers-blowout. Is this one over?

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Roman_K2 said:

Hmmm... what about the "Best Sellers Blowout" - https://www.daz3d.com/04-29-best-sellers-blowout. Is this one over?

Yep. That's the one that made me sad. No indication it was weekend-only sale.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited May 2017

Tempting with a coupon, although I hate to use coupons on day 1.

coupon.JPG
    1688 x 888 - 122K
    Post edited by FrankTheTank on
  • Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Yep. That's the one that made me sad. No indication it was weekend-only sale.

!!!

Missed that.  I just read the e-mail and clicked the link and... hey, no discount. sad

Thanks, Roman

DSDT said:

My "rule of thumb" is to use the coupons early in the month. No problem with using them on day 1... but the qualifying items in my cart have to be products I'd buy if I didn't have the coupon. If I have to think about it, if I vacilate back and forth on whether or not to buy it...? Then I don't want the product bad enough to waste a coupon on it!

And using the coupons early, on somethig I was going to buy anyway, means time saved and the "end-of-the-month-OMG-what-can-I-get-with-my-coupons" stress is avoided... Especially with the Save6 PA coupon with it's $18 minimum purchase requirement.

If the items is your cart are things you've been waiting to get a good deal on, then I recommend you go ahead and use the coupon. The $6 you don't spend today is $6 you have for another purchase later in the month...

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

LOL, I already have most of Aave's stuff. Love it. Glad you all are getting such a great price on it! 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Renomista said:

I created a new Review Video for SkinBuilder 3 for G3F

Hope some of you find it helpful

Cool! Thank you!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Yikes. Crappy deals today. Only 30% off the new releases? No matter how many you buy? And only 58% off the old stuff? Nah. A couple of items wishlisted, but not going to buy at only 30% off.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Yikes. Crappy deals today. Only 30% off the new releases? No matter how many you buy? And only 58% off the old stuff? Nah. A couple of items wishlisted, but not going to buy at only 30% off.

Funny. :) I think the same, but im at the 60% boundary... Or more.

There are many items in fastgrab at 70% off, and some other items at 75% and 79% off. (If you already have them, then, of course, there aren't for you... :))

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

The problem is that using the coupons with steep discounts hardly ever seems to give the entire coupon face value off the price. 

It adds one more level of Shopping cart Jenga to the whole ordeal. 

I guess it is better than other places where coupons often simply don't apply to discounts at all. 

edited May 2017

The problem is that using the coupons with steep discounts hardly ever seems to give the entire coupon face value off the price. 

It adds one more level of Shopping cart Jenga to the whole ordeal. 

I guess it is better than other places where coupons often simply don't apply to discounts at all. 

That's part of the game. Yesterday I got a $6.01 discount, so I call that a win! laughlaughlaugh But seriously, there was a time when I got close to 7 bucks off. Yeah, not that big of a deal, but it shows that it can go both ways.

Post edited by Ati on

Dear Daz, I'm saving for a 1080 ti card. Please don't take all my money away. laugh

The main links for current flash sales for Shaders and Lights go to their respective 2016-2017 page. Look to the banner on those pages and you'll find links to the older shaders, which have deeper discounts. But look closer on all those pages... some of the items are stacking with other promos. Act fast, as I suspect DAZ will soon pull them from the flash sale...

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Are there any freebies in your cart with the rest? One very irritating thing about the current incarnation of the DAZ store is that it divides the value of a coupon among the qualifying items in your cart — then it looks for freebies and reduces their price to $0.00. We've complained about it for years, but nothing ever gets done about it.

(For the morbidly curious, IIRC the previous store software had a separate item at the bottom of the cart, which subtracted coupons from a sub-total, so it didn't have this problem. But it did have lots of other problems, so it ended up being replaced...)

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Maybe sometimes, but not always. It always just seems like the mystery of DAZ math to me. Pull an item out, the coupon gets applied fully, but everything goes up in price for a total more than the full $6 savings on the coupon...

Well... that didn't quite work out the way I was hoping... 

:)  

• cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430
    DSDT said:

Boho is one of my favorite outfits...easy to modify for different looks.  The rest of this is nice as well.  I'd say go for it...;)

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited May 2017

Yeah, some interesting glitch made the deal even sweeter this morning. I had to pull the trigger this time.

glitch.JPG
    1652 x 803 - 118K
    Post edited by FrankTheTank on

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the quantity of products in today's promo... I know I complained about promos where multiple products were required to trigger the best discounts, but buying the bundle left one with only 3 or so other products to choose from. And today, if you buy the bundle, you still have nine other products to choose from.

Thank you, DAZ, for listening.

Now if I could only afford to take them up on the offer! Oh, well...

This discussion has been closed.