Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@Novica-you'll like the thing I've got going. For some stupid reason this texture artist decided that the mane (tail, fetlocks) for the Daz Horse 2 were totally unsatisfactory, so she accidentally modeled a mane (don't tell her she doesn't know how to model, she forgot that part and did it anyway) and is rigging (also a first) and texturing it now.

LOL, ah, gotta love rigging. Yes, it sounds absolutely exciting!!!!! 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

@Novica-you'll like the thing I've got going. For some stupid reason this texture artist decided that the mane (tail, fetlocks) for the Daz Horse 2 were totally unsatisfactory, so she accidentally modeled a mane (don't tell her she doesn't know how to model, she forgot that part and did it anyway) and is rigging (also a first) and texturing it now.

Oh, my goodness! That's fantastic! Happy dance! <cough> Sorry... got carried away for a minute.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

for real?? omg awesome!!!  

edited April 2017

Nvm. Removing questions until I either find the answers or know enough to ask them better.

Post edited by firewarden on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039
    Novica said:

No, the bundle, new release! And the items separately (the props, the poses, the building.)  By Polish. (Edit- and obviously, wasn't free.) 

I passed on the bundle but bought the Saloon and interior. I added it to a scene I have been working on and it took forever to load and slowed everything down to near unusable but it got there in the end :) I pulled the camera round to get the outside in view, which took forever too, and I am now trying to render it :)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Yay! You know I wuvs your schtuffs, DG! Maybe Elvis can ride the horse with the new mane and I can use Bling It on the saddle. Electric cowboys, here we come! LOL

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Every now and then I come across some DAZ content that just leaves me scratching my head... 

https://www.daz3d.com/taurette-for-genesis-2-female-hd

edited April 2017

Every now and then I come across some DAZ content that just leaves me scratching my head... 

LOL, and I can assure you, that's ONE thing I DO NOT OWN.

Good morning folks. I thought I'd share an OT video I found a couple years ago. As artists, you can appreciate the creativity. I'm surprised they didn't have to bleep out the reactions. I found it funny that no one grabbed for the handrail. Like going into a corner is going to do you any good!

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2017

Nvm. Removing questions until I either find the answers or know enough to ask them better.

Novica said:

Glad I'm not the only one that finds that disturbing. Every time it comes up in a search, I wonder. I love most of RawArt's stuff, but that cow person...

Novica said:

Glad I'm not the only one that finds that disturbing. Every time it comes up in a search, I wonder. I love most of RawArt's stuff, but that cow person...

My first thought was...  Nah...never mind... the less said...

It is just good to know that there are other people who are equally uncomfortable with this figure. It is the first time I came across it. Just when you thought the market didn't hold any more surprises for you... 

edited April 2017

You think the elevator one was good... watch this one... reactions did have to be censored. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uorrl64vIoQ

Post edited by donovancolbert on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

I actually think the skin of Taurette is pretty good as is the hair. Yes the full udder is a touch disconcerting especially when it defies gravity like that.... but It is removable. The brown tiger striped one might be useful for other critters.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    L'Adair said:
    Odaa said:
    As for the centaur itself, I found it easy to work with and the couple of centaur poses that I tried (from Capsces's set) worked fine. I didn't explore Daz's Hides options very thoroughly, just tried the materials from Raw's Rogan on it, mostly because all the griping about Rogan being an "all or nothing" option made it sound like not even the materials would work.

I think the "all or nothing" complaint with Rogan comes from the fact the Rogan morph and his materials do not support G3M without the centaur body.

I haven't played with the character yet, but I assume you can use the Rogan morph on any centaur. And the Rogan materials can be used on any centaur regardless of which G3M figure/character you've dialed in. But what you can't do, and I'm sure is part of the griping, is use the Rogan "horse" materials with just any G3M materials. RawArt has overlapped the human skin onto the horse materials, and the horse transition onto the human torso material.

Although, if you're covering up the transition with wardrobe anyway, I see no reason you can't use just the horse materials from Rogan... And they are so much better than the included Horse 2 materials!

Shoot, I totally misread ppl's comments in the other thread. I'm sorry :(
  • cismiccismic Posts: 629

Wow that was utterly funny! 

• @cismic You mean udderly funny, right?  ;)

edited April 2017

I actually think the skin of Taurette is pretty good as is the hair. Yes the full udder is a touch disconcerting especially when it defies gravity like that.... but It is removable. The brown tiger striped one might be useful for other critters.

The brindle skin would be good on the right character. It's quite like skins you see on certain cows and dogs; we had a brindle Charolais-Jersey (Angus-Jersey? can't remember which one) cross with a very similar hide, just slightly redder. But "disconcerting" is a good term to use to describe Taurette. Gravity defying udder, double mammary glands... Didn't realize the udder could be removed, but the face isn't quite cow-like either. Not trying to dis RawArt, 'cause I think 99.9% of his stuff is awesome. 

yeah, there is a promo art image of the brown brindle taurette sans udder. She looks nice.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

I recently picked up the @Design Anvil DA Emissive Softbox Light Set. I didn't do a large amount of pixels in this image and the only lights are the DA's. 

One of the lights can kind of be made into a snoot and direct the beam of light as I did lightly on the face. I think this image works and tonight I bump up the pixel count 

A Walk In Wisteria.jpg
    1200 x 1560 - 2M
    DAEmissiveLights.png
    1573 x 883 - 2M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Novica said:

My first thought was...  Nah...never mind... the less said...

It is just good to know that there are other people who are equally uncomfortable with this figure. It is the first time I came across it. Just when you thought the market didn't hold any more surprises for you... 

I shake my head every time I see this as well.  Its very well done, just....completely wrong lol.

Novica said:

Good morning folks. I thought I'd share an OT video I found a couple years ago. As artists, you can appreciate the creativity. I'm surprised they didn't have to bleep out the reactions. I found it funny that no one grabbed for the handrail. Like going into a corner is going to do you any good!

They would have had to carry me out screaming.  I am NOT that fond of elevators to begin with and that would just put me way over the edge.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    cismic said:

I recently picked up the @Design Anvil DA Emissive Softbox Light Set. I didn't do a large amount of pixels in this image and the only lights are the DA's. 

One of the lights can kind of be made into a snoot and direct the beam of light as I did lightly on the face. I think this image works and tonight I bump up the pixel count 

This is lovely. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited April 2017

Has anyone shown TangoAlpha's new Country Ford set yet? I'm loving it already. There are many different areas and angles you can render from - here are a couple of views. The product comes with Iray, 3Delight and Carrara versions - and I much appreciate the 3Delight version as Iray for large scenes is pretty much out for me (puny GPU, slow CPU renders). These are 3Delight renders. There are masses of instances in the scene, but they are setup well so that moving around the viewport is not slowed down at all for me.

ETA: Ah and here is one Iray view - it took me four times as long to get this far (still showing 0% complete but not too grainy really) as it took either of the 3Delight ones above.

Post edited by MelanieL on

Nice! :)

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    MelanieL said:

Has anyone shown TangoAlpha's new Country Ford set yet? I'm loving it already. There are many different areas and angles you can render from - here are a couple of views. The product comes with Iray, 3Delight and Carrara versions - and I much appreciate the 3Delight version as Iray for large scenes is pretty much out for me (puny GPU, slow CPU renders). These are 3Delight renders. There are masses of instances in the scene, but they are setup well so that moving around the viewport is not slowed down at all for me.

Excellent, like the heron and horses, they add just the right touch.

I likd your iray image better than the promo image. For some reason the sign on the ford with the medievally dressed people just doesn't look right to me. I think the greenary looks great and looks real!

Very nice MelanieL! The Iray one is particularly surprising at 0%, it looks just fine!

edited April 2017

Thank you, firewarden and RGcincy.

Serene - yes I'm really pleased with the greenery - I wondered whether the flowers would look bad up close but they hold up quite well. Incidentally the signage (and indeed the ford hardware) can be removed quite easily for a less modern look - they are separate objects. The product only comes with whole-scene loads (three versions: one for 3Delight and two for Iray with/without SSS) not individual props, but once loaded there are lots of individual components that can be hidden and/or deleted.

ETA: The lighting in the Iray version seems quite a bit "sunnier" than the 3Delight - all the renders above are out-of-the-box as far as lighting is concerned. The 3Delight version comes with a skydome, a distant (sun) light and a UberEnv one - I'm sure a few extra lights (or increased intensities) would brighten things up, I just haven't tried yet.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    MelanieL said:

Thank you, firewarden and RGcincy.

Serene - yes I'm really pleased with the greenery - I wondered whether the flowers would look bad up close but they hold up quite well. Incidentally the signage (and indeed the ford hardware) can be removed quite easily for a less modern look - they are separate objects. The product only comes with whole-scene loads (three versions: one for 3Delight and two for Iray with/without SSS) not individual props, but once loaded there are lots of individual components that can be hidden and/or deleted.

Very good to know parts can be removed. I love the lines of trees on the hills and indeed, the greenery. Wishlisting for now :)

Good morning, Novica, (or are you still up from yesterday?!) The nice thing about foliage is the speckles aren't so obvious as in some other scenes. The 3Delight renders above both took less than 5 minutes (not including the texture loading that happens on the first run). It was already well after midnight so I didn't want to stay up much longer last night. I plan to kick off a render in Iray today and leave it, just to see how long it takes.

MelanieL said:

Good morning, Novica, (or are you still up from yesterday?!) 

LOL, I'm trying to get on a schedule where I get to sleep anytime around 10pm- to 2am then up by sometime from 4am to 7am. With summer coming, and riding the horse now a 2-3x a week, I have to get a better schedule to take advantage of the cool (LOL 75-85 degree) mornings. And that's at 7:30 or 8am on some days in the summer!  So today, been up since 4am.

This discussion has been closed.