"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,944

Will it be coming back? Would like to know if we should keep an eye out for it, or if it will not be returning.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    edited April 2017
    DAZ_Steve said:

Apologies all, we had to disable the Saloon itesm that released today.  Enjoy the rest of the items on sale :) 

It's still showing up in the wishlist as free:

I can't actually add it to the cart though.

saloonfree.PNG
    342 x 232 - 30K
    Post edited by Ati on
  • Will it be coming back? Would like to know if we should keep an eye out for it, or if it will not be returning.

Likely not.  Sorry.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,944

Ok, thanks for the information.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Wow how very mysterious. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited April 2017

DAZ_Steve said:

Apologies all, we had to disable the Saloon itesm that released today.  Enjoy the rest of the items on sale :) 

Comments deleted as they were primarily directed at DAZ_Steve and he presumably has gone now

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Kinda negates the whole "wild west" theme of the sale too. 

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    DAZ_Steve said:

Will it be coming back? Would like to know if we should keep an eye out for it, or if it will not be returning.

Likely not.  Sorry.

Finally a nice interior set to go with Polish's Western Town and then..

Not happy. :(

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Well, it would depend on the reason it was taken down tho. Could be a good thing.  

bad4u said:
    DAZ_Steve said:

Likely not.  Sorry.

Finally a nice interior set to go with Polish's Western Town and then..

Not happy. :(

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344

Yeah, not cool at all — I'm super disappointed. crying

The Saloon Bundle was the #1 new item in my cart and P3D Nita HD was the #2 new item, along with 8 other PA items associated with this sale... but when I went to checkout after 5PM today, the Saloon Bundle went missing, apparently removed from the store, and pricing on everything in my cart shot up.

That was one of the best Saloon Interiors and Props I've ever seen, another beautiful work by Polish — I really hope whatever the issue is gets resolved, as I was really looking forward to doing some western animation renders with that.

Oh well, moved everything to wishlist — not interested in purchasing new items I don't want or need at this time to satisfy the requirements of this particular sale.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    L'Adair said:

If this is the new norm, DAZ will see even less money from me; 

Yeah, I've not spent nearlly as much here lately as I used to, and because of it I'm not around nearlly as much as I used to be. With the whole "you have to buy 2 (sometimes THREE) new items just to trigger a decent discount", to them killing any and all stacking as soon as someone posts about it, I'm kind of bummed with the way they're handing sales now. It was actually the great stacking that got me started buying content here a little over a year ago. That and the old way of only needing to buy ONE new release to trigger the discounts. 

Now with no stacking and having to buy 2, sometimes 3, new releases just to trigger the discounts. Nope. Not interested most days. It's a big difference from the way the sales where a year ago. Not liking it at all. But hey, at least I'm saving a lot of money now. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

Same here. I am rarely interested in more than one of the new items promoted, or, if there are two or more, the buy-in is too high to make it worthwhile without spending another $50-$100. The only time I ever take advantage is when there is another incentive working behind the scenes, like an extra discount from a coupon, DO discount, or banner promo. Preferably all three...

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    L'Adair said:

If this is the new norm, DAZ will see even less money from me; 

Yeah, I've not spent nearlly as much here lately as I used to, and because of it I'm not around nearlly as much as I used to be. With the whole "you have to buy 2 (sometimes THREE) new items just to trigger a decent discount", to them killing any and all stacking as soon as someone posts about it, I'm kind of bummed with the way they're handing sales now. It was actually the great stacking that got me started buying content here a little over a year ago. That and the old way of only needing to buy ONE new release to trigger the discounts. 

Now with no stacking and having to buy 2, sometimes 3, new releases just to trigger the discounts. Nope. Not interested most days. It's a big difference from the way the sales where a year ago. Not liking it at all. But hey, at least I'm saving a lot of money now. 

As a hobby, it's really expensive. As a business expense, DAZ content is a great value, even at full price, (compared to those sites that cater to the high end programs and the companies/professional artists using them.) When I was still working as a marketing consultant/website maintenance gal, I would sometimes need to find stock images for my clients. I spent as little time as possible to find something that fit their needs... time is money, and no client is going to pay me $75/hr for 40 hours of looking for an image they still have to pay for. Applying that logic to 3D content, if I were doing this for a living, I would locate the content I needed to get the job done, buy it when I found it, and pass the cost onto the client. I'd have no qualms about paying full price because I'd get that money back. It would be an investment.

But as a hobbiest, I have more time than money and most of the products in my wishlist are items I'd like to have someday, but don't need for a specific project. So I spend way too much time watching the sales at DAZ, waiting for those items to show up in a great sale, (even better, with stacking discounts,) And even when the prices are fantastic, I still have decide to which items I want the most and dump the rest from my cart as there is no way I can buy a couple hundred products in one go...!

In the meantime, my wishlist currently has 438 items, (437, if you don't count the soon-to-be-gone Saloon bundle,) and the list grows nearly every day... C'est la vie.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited April 2017

I've enjoyed the new releases very much lately. I think there's some great and innovative items being released. I can't begin to afford them all, but that's what I use my wishlist for, and yes, it's big. I use it to sort through the deep discount sales quicker, and I do purchase with an eye towards using items commercially. It's part business and part hobby for me, and all love. I really enjoy shopping at DAZ. The promos are incredible. It's great fun to see what they'll come up with next. I just need to win the lottery to buy out the store! In the meantime, I'm loving the Poser blowout and the DarkSeal sale. Those have been fun and very affordable. More toys is always a good thing! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Quite a shock.
    I remember when the Private May bundle came out, I really wanted it, especially the M1 Garand rifle, but couldn't justify spending the money. (I think the list price was $34.99, or something close.)
    I recently saw it for 70% off, and thought, "Cool! $10.00 for the set!"
    Nope. $20.00. The list price is now $69.99!
    It hasn't been that long! That's not keeping up with the cost of living, that's the little girl selling lemonade at a million dollars a glass.
    "You won't sell many at that price, little girl!"
    "I only have to sell one, and I'm set!"

I guess there are enough new buyers to make up for the older ones who are slowing down.

• msam921msam921 Posts: 141
    edited April 2017

I'm curious why the Western Saloon bundle was pulled. Anyone know?

Post edited by msam921 on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    DAZ_Steve said:

Likely not.  Sorry.

That's such a bummer.  It looked like an awesome set and was planning to get that.  :(

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited April 2017

I'm glad I jumped on my order when I did then (mid-morning).  I wanted to make sure I got the Hongyu items before they disappeared from fast grab, shortly before the Saloon went away.  I did my order early to make sure I'd get the Hongyu items, and I guess I lucked out.

Thank goodness things seem to have calmed down finally!  I don't think I could take another round of sales this week.  Since they seem to show up daily, though, yeah...

At least I got some good use out of Let It Rain!

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344

Was anyone lucky enough to buy the Saloon Bundle before it was pulled from the store able to install it? If so, did they get it for too low of a price somehow?

Maybe that will give us some clues... 

edited April 2017

I grabbed the Saloon bundle for around $25 (if I remember correctly).  It was showing 45% off.  I was thinking it should have been 50% off (extra 20% off when you bought 2 new releases, I grabbed the waterfall thingie as well).  It's in my Library/successfully installed, but I haven't tried using it yet.

Fortunately, this latest pair of sales (best of March Madness/50% off Daz Originals) looks quiet enough for me.  It's probaby because I already bought most of the stuff that would have been on sale that I wanted.  Gonna snag a few old school items only because they are so cheap to round out my hair collection a bit (several are less than a buck), but it'll be a small order (yay)!

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

I finally was able to finish my

Dante 7 Pro Bundle Review Video

Hope you enjoy it!

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

Looking for a silver lining to the dull sales clouds, hopefully this non-thrashing of the store means DAZ is doing well and will be able to invest more resouces in improving Studio (and maybe the other programs).

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

There are a number of Daz Originals in the Poser Mega Sale. They are 90% off in the cart, with a new release. At least, until DAZ decides to pull all the DOs from the Mega Sale...

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

@Divamakeup I'm with you, and you were the one that got me rolling with DAZ purchases. This time around, for whatever reason,I never even saw the orange banner, which I assume reflects MY rapid drop off in purchases. 

I'm considering not renewing my PC+ at this point. 

I agree with @L'Adair too - the prices make perfect sense if you're a professional generating revenue on DAZ. 

And I remember all 3 of us being very active in this forum a year ago, much less so now. 

There is always another chance to hold on to more of my money. :) 

• boisselazonboisselazon Posts: 458

you're right. since the end of last year with superb discounts on recents bundles (g2 at 11usd g3 at 12 and 17usd, and so many other amazing sales), i did not do big purchase since 2017. even march madness was a mehh for me.

But...

yes, but. to day, in a little hunt for stacking discount I found interesting thins. I for the M4V4 anatomy for 1usd, genesis morph bundle for 1  usd, many ( yes, older) things for few cents (like 11 cts).

Here is how:

stack of:

50% sales on daz

80% poser mega sale

and the best: OPEN the DARK SEAL (UP TO 70% OFF DARKSEAL ITEMS & $15 OFF A PURCHASE OF DAZ ORIGINALS!) For this one, jsut take the 3 cheapest (they are almost free in chart)

at the end, without coupon, i got many things at superb discouont

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Someone said, you pretty much make a budget and then get the 'must haves' until you just tip over your limit.

I do that now- pretty hard today as there sooo many people and hair products on deep dish discount. 

Cart is $77 and I'll be spending the day gutting it down to about $24.

Every dump hurts. It started at $256 with every impulse item added.

I also have to keep Daz running on the side and check for what I already own in every category so not to build up library redundancy and bloat.

-- Removed the awesome Japanese castle as there's already one in me runtime.

I know I have a bunch of western buildings or facades already so I did dump the saloon bundle.
    Wanted the props though.....

Circle around the fast grab a lot. That is a problematic area.

I got snagged by the demin jacket ensemble.

Soem of the vendors are very clever in looking at the days bundle and fast-grabbing items that fit in with the theme.

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Today's sales do have some pretty insane purchases. 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

The more time I have to spend trying to find the deals, the more expensive the items are; my time is very valuable to me.

you're right. since the end of last year with superb discounts on recents bundles (g2 at 11usd g3 at 12 and 17usd, and so many other amazing sales), i did not do big purchase since 2017. even march madness was a mehh for me.

But...

yes, but. to day, in a little hunt for stacking discount I found interesting thins. I for the M4V4 anatomy for 1usd, genesis morph bundle for 1  usd, many ( yes, older) things for few cents (like 11 cts).

Here is how:

stack of:

50% sales on daz

80% poser mega sale

and the best: OPEN the DARK SEAL (UP TO 70% OFF DARKSEAL ITEMS & $15 OFF A PURCHASE OF DAZ ORIGINALS!) For this one, jsut take the 3 cheapest (they are almost free in chart)

at the end, without coupon, i got many things at superb discouont

Quick note here (just tried it).  If you've ALREADY redeemed the $15 off on Daz Originals using the Darkseal promo once, you don't get to use it a second time in a different transaction if you 'stack' the Darkseal stuff again.  The $15 off apparently is once per customer, not per sale (see the fine print).

I already grabbed pretty much all of the Darkseal items I wanted on the first go round, but a a couple of them are showing really nice prices right now...

If you HAVEN'T used the $15 off yet, yes this is an awesome time to take advantage of it!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I played all week in the G2, DarkSeal and Poser Blowouts. I think I'm done for a while, barring any more major blowouts. Time to render some of this stuff. 

This discussion has been closed.