"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• galattgalatt Posts: 219
    I thought I was safe from wanting to buy anything for a while. None of the recent items caught my eye. Then the 7 sins showed up... Oh my they are beautiful. But must be good parent and buy daughter new glasses first, then buy sins, then after paying for all that eat instant ramen for the next month.
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714

My cart went from 56 to over 100 when I edited the content shortly before midnight, then I did a refresh and it went back to 56 again. So doing a refresh may fix it in some cases.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    Taozen said:

My cart went from 56 to over 100 when I edited the content shortly before midnight, then I did a refresh and it went back to 56 again. So doing a refresh may fix it in some cases.

Sadly,even though I tried refreshing several times, my cart went from $16 to $31 before midnight and then to $60 after midnight. I filed a ticket but I only had a screenshot of the $31 price that it had jumped to. So, I don't know if DAZ will honor my original price ($16.58)

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

My cart jumped up quite a bit a little while before midnight. Oh, well, emptied out the items that changed price.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    edited April 2017

Now's the time to get all those missing Terradome3 extensions. 60% off; 70% off with a new release. (Other items, too. We'll see the banner soon, I guess.)

Post edited by Ati on

And here it is: 8 featured artists: https://www.daz3d.com/flash-mob-featured-items

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

A new Platinum Club item will trigger the 70% discount on flashmob items, btw.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799
    Odaa said:

And also on DarkSeal items.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,695
    Taozen said:

Sadly,even though I tried refreshing several times, my cart went from $16 to $31 before midnight and then to $60 after midnight. I filed a ticket but I only had a screenshot of the $31 price that it had jumped to. So, I don't know if DAZ will honor my original price ($16.58)

I think I know what may have happened. The G2 sale made most things around $2.95 (or less) which I'm guessing they were originally fine with. But then after they added the free Daz Originals offer, they realized people could get 5 or 6 DOs instead of 1 or 2 at regular sale price so they probably pulled all DO G2 items so it wouldn't stack. That's the only thing I can think of that would explain it. Anyway I'm fine with it, didn't really need those things anyway.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142
    Odaa said:

Thank you, that was a great tip!

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

I assumed they pulled the G2 sale simply because all sales disappear around midnight-ish (after they've been around for a few days).

I figure that as midnight rolls over, the system is in the process of removing discounts for disappearing sales and adding new ones. Perhaps during that interem, the banner page doesn't get updated at the exact same time which might lead to some confusion.

So, shopping at midnight naturally can lead to...weirdness. :) Sometimes the weirdness causes discounts in favor of consumer, sometimes not.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,695
    Toonces said:

I assumed they pulled the G2 sale simply because all sales disappear around midnight-ish (after they've been around for a few days).

I figure that as midnight rolls over, the system is in the process of removing discounts for disappearing sales and adding new ones. Perhaps during that interem, the banner page doesn't get updated at the exact same time which might lead to some confusion.

So, shopping at midnight naturally can lead to...weirdness. :) Sometimes the weirdness causes discounts in favor of consumer, sometimes not.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Except it was 9 PM their time. That's pulling them way too early. They may have pulled it even earlier for all I know, I just checked it at 9 PM Daz time because I was out all day and the prices were correct in the morning.

Ah, got it. Didn't realize it was 9.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

Not all eight artists on the Flash Sale banner have items in the sale; nothing  I see from AbaloneLLC, MidvisionGDZ nor Fred Winkler...

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500
    Taozen said:

I think I know what may have happened. The G2 sale made most things around $2.95 (or less) which I'm guessing they were originally fine with. But then after they added the free Daz Originals offer, they realized people could get 5 or 6 DOs instead of 1 or 2 at regular sale price so they probably pulled all DO G2 items so it wouldn't stack. That's the only thing I can think of that would explain it. Anyway I'm fine with it, didn't really need those things anyway.

But that doesn't explain the G3 items malfunctioning either. I would have to say it's more of a scientific inquiry at this point, because it broke in the middle of the night o_o
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited April 2017

Here's something I've figured out regarding newly posted sale/free products with 'broken' add to cart buttons. 

When the 'add to cart' button isn't working on a product page I navigated to, sometimes I can click on the artist link, find the product there and click on the 'add to cart' button there, and it'll appear in the cart then.  Doesn't always work, but if you are looking to add it to your cart now, it works fairly often for me.

Someone should still let tech support know, though so they can fixed the linked page with the broken button.

Another tip:

Sometimes, if the price in the cart isn't correct, try hitting refresh to see if that fixes it.  I've had a couple of cases now where a free/sale product was showing up with some incorrect dollar amount, but when I hit refresh the price was then correctly shown.

What'd be really nice is if you could hover over the price in the cart and it gave you a breakdown of all the discounts that were being applied, to give you a better idea of how your discounts have 'stacked'.

Experimenting with adding items from concurrent sales is all fine and good, but it'd be nice to know where that 72% or whatever total discount is coming from...

And on that note of 'stacked' discounts...

I now own a bunch of centaurs thanks to the G2F sale.  One or more of the discounts were mutually beneficial between the two sales, and I ended up saving some additional cash by maximizing the Centaur 7 discounts, which dropped my G2F item prices enough to more than cover the additional costs of the Centaurs (This was an over $200 order).  I may have squeezed in other sales items from yet another concurrent offer to meet the 'when purchasing a newly released item' requirement as well, I don't remember that clearly now.  I now have waaaay too much G2F clothing to sort through... and I'm not sure what I'll use the Centaurs for, but what the heck!  I also have some dude I grabbed for 34 cents (discounted from a buck) that requires Leo 7, hopeully he shows up for real cheap someday (the $15.74 sale price is too rich for my needs, I have enough dudes already).  Yeah, my half off platinum club membership payed for itself a long time ago...

The downside of course, is now I find myself checking the Daz site several times daily for screaming deal opportunities... there is always another sale, but I've regretted missing more than one fast grab deal (wishlisted it for next time), and my wishlist has topped the 300 mark now...

Just call me a Daz 3DCrack addict...

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

It helped me SO much with my addiction to go through about six months of the Daz Sales, including PA Festival and PC Anniversary.... not only did I pick up stuff I felt I NEEDED, I also now know that unless I'm SURE I'm going to use something in the next month or two (or I've wanted it a long time) I can just... wait. And it'll be cheaper down the road. Unless it's in FastGrab. Then... not so much.

I'm always focused on specific multi-image projects though, so it might be a bit easier to limit myself. Also my income source is drying up and will stay dry unless I actually USE what I have....

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Oh I LOVE the name of this sale today- the Fast and the Furriest!   Kudos to marketing.

I was going to post something about orange banners, but then I remembered the first rule. ;)

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Toonces said:

I was going to post something about orange banners, but then I remembered the first rule. ;)

It doesn't seem to work anyway, so what would there be to mention ;)

edited April 2017
    Nath said:
    Toonces said:

It doesn't seem to work anyway, so what would there be to mention ;)

I wouldn't know because once again I didn't get one. crying

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    Novica said:

Oh I LOVE the name of this sale today- the Fast and the Furriest!   Kudos to marketing.

The sale needs more anime style furries though...  Lady Littlefox does have a few of those.

Not sure if there are any good Rocket Racoon inspired options for Daz, but this would be a good time to promote those...

laugh

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365
    Toonces said:

"If" I had an orrange banner, it would be broken, just like the last Orange banner I "might" have had, which also "might have" not gotten fixed before it dissapeared.

Since we're speaking hypothetically.

wink

• There are two different orange banners, one with several narrowly targeted offers each withmits own code and one with a single big offer on DOs. Which is not working, and are you sure your cart respects the terms of the offer?

• I had a lot of options appear today, but in the end none of them worked out.  Now if multiple coupon codes could be used on the same order, something might have worked there.

I'd like the big offer, please. laugh

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

No, doesn't work....says the code is invalid....and I have EXACT items added from the link in the offer.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

And the code is 'use once' so shop carefully. lol

Ati said:

I'd like the big offer, please. laugh

Me, too. Despite the large amounts I've been spending, yet again there are NONE for me. It's enough to encorage me to start doing more of my shopping elsewhere.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

There are two different orange banners, one with several narrowly targeted offers each withmits own code and one with a single big offer on DOs. Which is not working, and are you sure your cart respects the terms of the offer?

Making it rain: DO, no new items, no membership, no gc. Looks like the below test cart should qualify.

temp.jpg
    1081 x 883 - 178K
This discussion has been closed.