"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Toonces said:

Wow, i'm surprised the last word in the thread title hasn't been changed to something like 'gifts' or 'gift cards' or something more politically correct than 'glitches'.

And so the debate in my head continues -- are glitches intentional or not?

They certainly keep us on our toes.    (and some poor Daz_Peeps out of their beds.)

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Haha, I can only imagine the conversation.

*Ring ring ring.*

Daz_Peep: Uh. Hello?

Caller: Centuar 7 is going for $27. Quick, fix it!

Daz_Peep: Um, it's three in the morning.

Caller: FIX IT!

Daz_Peep: But...this happens every other day.

Caller: Orders are pouring in. Stop it. NOW!!!

Daz_Peep: OK. (click click) Done.

Caller: Thanks. You saved the day.

(Daz_Peep sleeps for another hour)

*Ring ring ring.*

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Toonces said:

Haha, I can only imagine the conversation.

*Ring ring ring.*

Daz_Peep: Uh. Hello?

Caller: Centuar 7 is going for $27. Quick, fix it!

Daz_Peep: Um, it's three in the morning.

Caller: FIX IT!

Daz_Peep: But...this happens every other day.

Caller: Orders are pouring in. Stop it. NOW!!!

Daz_Peep: OK. (click click) Done.

Caller: Thanks. You saved the day.

(Daz_Peep sleeps for another hour)

*Ring ring ring.*

Haha.

... Actually, that is a good analogy for many a company.

True. I used to work tech support for a hospital. Of course, the ER is 24/7.

Needless to say, I dreaded the weeks when I carried the 'pager' phone. It was like winning the lottery if I managed to get a full night of sleep. :)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    Toonces said:

True. I used to work tech support for a hospital. Of course, the ER is 24/7.

Needless to say, I dreaded the weeks when I carried the 'pager' phone. It was like winning the lottery if I managed to get a full night of sleep. :)

Feeling your pain on that one. I worked in Health Care IT for a while and was on call for seven years. I got a lot of calls early Saturday morning when things wouldn't work,

And I remember arguing with my brother over whether wrestling was fake or not in the 80s! I remember going to see Hulk Hogan, Superfly, the British Bulldogs and Randy "Macho Man" Savage at a WWF event once. That was a lot of fun.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Yeah, I did computer tech support for a while. Long distance -  Regular people troubleshooting our computer system.

I remember a call where the person couldn't find anything on the screen and the mouse did nothing. I did hard reboots- everything.

They kept saying "I don't see nuffin'" "yep, I can hear the fan" "Nope, no change"

After about 30 mins and total mental exhaustion (both of us) - I'm like what color is the light on the bottom left of the... "TV" in front of you?.

They were like "orange". Someone turned off the monitor (even though there's a note that says "NEVER TURN OFF THIS MONITOR" and that person was staring at a blank screen the whole time.

No, I don't miss it.

-----------------

This is one crazy-azz passion. It's a slow siphoning (sometimes), but I'm sinking so many resources into this...

Today's sale came out of no where...EVERY DAY - there's something new to grab.

Grabbed some wicked poses yesterday.....now this dang DARKSEED.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,314

Heads up on the $15 off DAZ originals with purchase of 3 Darkseal items and a new release offer -- It is only good for one use. Shop wisely.

avxp said:

This is one crazy-azz passion. It's a slow siphoning (sometimes), but I'm sinking so many resources into this...

Today's sale came out of no where...EVERY DAY - there's something new to grab.

Grabbed some wicked poses yesterday.....now this dang DARKSEED.

Yep, I can't believe how much I've spent on 3D stuff since I found this place. it's definitely a passion/addiction. I love it, not giving it up! 

Heads up on the $15 off DAZ originals with purchase of 3 Darkseal items and a new release offer -- It is only good for one use. Shop wisely.

I was really hoping to use it a second time. There are plenty of great things on sale today.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735
    edited April 2017

Now I see my problem! So many of you came from tech/IT backgrounds while mine was in the entertainment industry & arts and that's why the tech parts of DS are still eluding me, whereas  postwork is much easier and more enjoyable to me... 

And I used Poser for over 5 years before even knowing what a polygon was (in terms of 3D.) I realize now why Poser was so much easier to learn, because you don't have to know or understand anything going on behind the scenes, you just pose, light, dress, render. DS has forced me to learn more of the nuts and bolts of what I'm doing. But I  still really have no idea what I'm doing and have to figure out so much more, including subD and geographs and LIE, oh my...

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • I added the Darkseal items to cart but they somehow not on the sale price like advertise. Please can someone tell me what could be the problem?!

I come from tech. Daz, Blender, Scripting...with a little effort, they all make sense. Geoshells, LIE, lighting, subd, verticies, d-formers, surfaces, maps, etc are all pieces of the puzzle that are fun to learn about and use.

Postwork, however, is a nightmare. I am on the verge of cancelling my photoshop subscription. I can't stand the application because it simply does WAY too much. I feel like it has 20+ years of functionality embedded, and it would take about that long to learn it all. Great for the long time photoshop peeps, not so great for someone who just started with CG a few months ago. Plus it's very...artsy. What? You mean I have to paint, blend, select or do something that relies on my ability to express art through a mouse? Lol. I'll paint a weight map in Daz or Blender, but I don't want to paint a texture!

I admire you photoshop and postwork experts out there. You have real artistic skill that I'll aspire to (though perhaps with a cheaper solution like Gimp). I stumbled across this guy's stuff the other day:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/153221/old-dog-new-tricks/p1

I thought -- wow, that's what a postwork/photoshop expert can do with Daz help. One day, perhaps, but for now I'm focusing on the more 'techy' tools like Daz and Blender. Physics next on my 5 year list. Postwork...that's a ways off. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

We have reported this.   I am told give it 10 minutes or so and try again

edited April 2017
    Chohole said:

We have reported this.   I am told give it 10 minutes or so and try again

It looked like it was fixed and all the discounts were back for a few minutes. Then BubbleZ suddenly went way back up in price again before I could check out.

ETA: Seems to be fixed again.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

Wow, great deals today when using the Darkseal Special to take advantage of the Genesis 2 Mega Sale - 5 free G2 outifts, 91% off total order.

On a side note, I wonder if DAZ will transfer licenses for those of us that have bought Darkseal items from a previous vendor. I already own 5 of their products listed here now, and it would be nice to have the ownership transfer so I can get possible future updates to the products.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

Hmm. I think something broke: Anna Benjamin and Mada items are no longer receiving their PC+ discounts for Daz Originals...? Could be a hiccup on the backend or something. I haven't had time to check more PAs.

Even weirder: Hamani Outfit is receiving ONLY the DO discount but not the Centaur 7 sale discount... o_o? Perhaps Sarsa being tagged for that product allowed for the backend to take notice?

Well, 3 G2 sale items jumped up in price in my cart since this morning, first noticed at about 9pm Daz time. Weird, because they were Daz Originals. So out of the cart they went, for like the millionth time, because I've put those same items in my cart before at a good price and they suddenly changed, so they keep going back in my wishlist... I do have a screenshot of my previous cart, but I don't really NEED those items, I can wait till they are on sale again for that price, or just give up and never get them... Perfect title for this new thread...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

This should be fixed.

Well, 3 G2 sale items jumped up in price in my cart since this morning, first noticed at about 9pm Daz time. Weird, because they were Daz Originals. So out of the cart they went, for like the millionth time, because I've put those same items in my cart before at a good price and they suddenly changed, so they keep going back in my wishlist... I do have a screenshot of my previous cart, but I don't really NEED those items, I can wait till they are on sale again for that price, or just give up and never get them... Perfect title for this new thread...

Yeah, it seems like any product which has two or more PAs from the Centaur 7 sale will no longer receive its DO discount... It'll still receive its PA discount though. Odd.
    edited April 2017

This should be fixed.

Not fixed yet, unfortunately. Screenshot from a couple of minutes ago attached. PA discount is given from Centaur sale, but DO discount is not triggered. Seems to happen when one or more PAs from the Centaur sale are on an item, but is negated when a not-included PA not from that sale is on the item as well. Edit: or maybe not, as that one item in the screenshot with the proper discount has all three PAs from that sale???
    Screenshot_20170423-235501.png
    1080 x 1920 - 1M
    Post edited by mtl1 on

My cart wen from $16 to $31. Originally I thought it was a loss of the Darkseal discount but it well may be bcause of the loss of the Genesis 2 Megasale pricing on the four DAZ Originals. Attached screenshot shows the increased price and was taken about a half hour before DAZ midnight

Cart_Darkseal1.jpg
    1553 x 849 - 108K
    edited April 2017

And now after midnight the price has gone up again and my total is now over $60. Ring up NO SALE for me. angryangryangry

ETA: Right now I'm very angry and don't feel like buying here anymore. I hope DAZ will honor the original price I had even though I only have a screen shot of the $31 cart and not the $16 cart. But, if not, I can shop somwhere else as soon as my last remaining store credit is used up.

mtl1 said:

Yeah, it seems like any product which has two or more PAs from the Centaur 7 sale will no longer receive its DO discount... It'll still receive its PA discount though. Odd.

This is weird, because it happened at some point on a Sunday. It was fine Sunday morning. How did they CREATE a glitch when they weren't even in the office! And this isn't a matter of a PA complaining the price was too low, these were Daz Originals...

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

My cart with G2 items jumped from about 30 to 85 - emptied. There's always another sale laugh

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

You folks definitely have a LOT of patience. These sales got so glitched it wasn't even worth putting things in the cart. And todays sale with the new releases staying at 30% off no matter how many of them are purchased- not my type of sale. Sales that don't give incentive for a discount on the NEW items, well, I can wait. 30% isn't going to prompt buying because the stores were on sale during MM and recently before that. (And related items- I see a lot of boots. Got enough of those.)

My cart wen from $16 to $31. Originally I thought it was a loss of the Darkseal discount but it well may be bcause of the loss of the Genesis 2 Megasale pricing on the four DAZ Originals. Attached screenshot shows the increased price and was taken about a half hour before DAZ midnight

What were your prices before? The Daz Originals I had were originally $2.95 in cart, then shot up to almost $7.00. Yours still seem in the right price range...

edited April 2017

What were your prices before? The Daz Originals I had were originally $2.95 in cart, then shot up to almost $7.00. Yours still seem in the right price range...

The Darkseal items were the same price as shown and with the G2 sale the DO's were free with the purchase of the Darkseal items

mtl1 said:

This is weird, because it happened at some point on a Sunday. It was fine Sunday morning. How did they CREATE a glitch when they weren't even in the office! And this isn't a matter of a PA complaining the price was too low, these were Daz Originals...

The oddest part? The problem fixed itself when the Centaur sale expired... And the problem had nothing to do with PA discounts! @_@
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    Toonces said:

I come from tech. Daz, Blender, Scripting...with a little effort, they all make sense. Geoshells, LIE, lighting, subd, verticies, d-formers, surfaces, maps, etc are all pieces of the puzzle that are fun to learn about and use.

Postwork, however, is a nightmare. I am on the verge of cancelling my photoshop subscription. I can't stand the application because it simply does WAY too much. I feel like it has 20+ years of functionality embedded, and it would take about that long to learn it all. Great for the long time photoshop peeps, not so great for someone who just started with CG a few months ago. Plus it's very...artsy. What? You mean I have to paint, blend, select or do something that relies on my ability to express art through a mouse? Lol. I'll paint a weight map in Daz or Blender, but I don't want to paint a texture!

I admire you photoshop and postwork experts out there. You have real artistic skill that I'll aspire to (though perhaps with a cheaper solution like Gimp). I stumbled across this guy's stuff the other day:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/153221/old-dog-new-tricks/p1

I thought -- wow, that's what a postwork/photoshop expert can do with Daz help. One day, perhaps, but for now I'm focusing on the more 'techy' tools like Daz and Blender. Physics next on my 5 year list. Postwork...that's a ways off. :)

Awww, thanks Toonces, that's my art thread. I'm with @Wonderland though, the postwork is much easier for me then the 3D stuff. Even asking for help and getting an explanation is sometimes over my head because I don't understand the techno speak. lol  As for learning Photoshop you can learn a ton by following along with photo manipulation or photo composite videos that are all over you tube as renders are pretty much computer generated photos and you will use the same skills. BTW I'm a gal, I probably should have mentioned that in my thread.. lol   

Toonces said:

BTW I'm a gal, I probably should have mentioned that in my thread.. lol   

Doh! Sorry about that.

Thanks for the tips and love your work!

This discussion has been closed.