Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

19495969798100»

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

So was the $27.77 the cheapest price on the Pro Bundle? That's what I got it for. And like many of you, I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. Not that it wasn't a good deal in the upper 30 dollar range, but with several characters and a hair I liked, $27 was a "no excuses now" buy. 

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I'm still sad about them yanking the male base figures though, especially since they're in the graphic. Wishing I had stayed up to buy them when I first saw the sale...

Wouldn't have helped: I tried putting qualifying stuff into my cart within an hour of the midnight switchover, and none of the male items were getting the discount to $1. Fixing that and removing the base characters from the sale category seems to have happened at the same time.

It was weird though- I was getting characters at 78 cents, while everyone else was saying they couldn't even get them at a dollar. (It's in the previous posts, here on this thread.) How whacky is that?  And we were on at the same time, back and forth. Normally when something doesn't work, it doesn't work for everyone en masse. I even tested the dude that was specifically mentioned.

• IldanachIldanach Posts: 217

I wasn't going to buy him either, having no use for a centaur. But I couldn't pass up the lowered price. I'm still sad about them yanking the male base figures though, especially since they're in the graphic. Wishing I had stayed up to buy them when I first saw the sale...

Don't beat yourself up! smiley Even when the base males were there on the promo page when it first went up they didn't show the discount in the cart. So it was impossible to get them for $1 even before they were pulled.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Novica said:

So was the $27.77 the cheapest price on the Pro Bundle? That's what I got it for. And like many of you, I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. Not that it wasn't a good deal in the upper 30 dollar range, but with several characters and a hair I liked, $27 was a "no excuses now" buy. 

That's the cheapest I saw, and why I grabbed it. I decided it was worth it for the characters and the hair.

Ildanach said:

I wasn't going to buy him either, having no use for a centaur. But I couldn't pass up the lowered price. I'm still sad about them yanking the male base figures though, especially since they're in the graphic. Wishing I had stayed up to buy them when I first saw the sale...

Don't beat yourself up! smiley Even when the base males were there on the promo page when it first went up they didn't show the discount in the cart. So it was impossible to get them for $1 even before they were pulled.

Novica said:

It was weird though- I was getting characters at 78 cents, while everyone else was saying they couldn't even get them at a dollar. (It's in the previous posts, here on this thread.) How whacky is that?  And we were on at the same time, back and forth. Normally when something doesn't work, it doesn't work for everyone en masse. I even tested the dude that was specifically mentioned.

When I threw one in the cart - not knowing the sale would go away - it was less than $1. I can't recall the exact price, just recall thinking that there was some other discunt kicking in. It may have been the 78cents, because all I can recall is that it ended in "8," but I was thinking it was 48cents, which can't be right. I just was very tired/ill and decided I would go to bed and decide what items I would buy in the morning. I wasn't thrilled with the offerings, so thought I'd sleep on it before I chose. I was going to go for three of the bases, placing three different orders. The only item I was remotely interested in for some reason was the sandals.

While disappointed DAZ did not honor the graphic in their email and on their sales page (which they removed), I assume they had some overwhelming reason and I didn't bother trying to turn in a ticket with the graphic. It wasn't worth it. They'll be on sale again and will sit in my wishlist until then.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Wow, how did we reach page 100 already on this thread? Good work, everyone! LOL We sure can talk!

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Is 100 pages the limit?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305
    edited April 2017
    Toonces said:

Is 100 pages the limit?

Yes and no. When we fill 100 pages the mods will split it off and there will be a new continuation thread.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    Llynara said:

Wow, how did we reach page 100 already on this thread? Good work, everyone! LOL We sure can talk!

Holy crap, time for a new thread already. Well since I came up with the name of this one, tag, you're it Liynara, LOL

How about: "Keep Calm and Shop On...The Sales Adventures Continue!"

It is a nice reminder to keep calm...<cough> Not that I ever get grouchy when missing a bargain. <cough>

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    Llynara said:

Nice, how about "DAZ math 101, daily sales and confusion" laugh

Could always do, "Keep Calm: Adventures in Sales Math!" but I don't think the math part sounds that exciting, LOL. In fact, some days it's downright frightening before coffee! 

• nohiznguyennohiznguyen Posts: 262
    Llynara said:

How about: "Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There're always another Sales and Glitches!" devil

Ooh, I like that one!

Llynara said:

Nice, how about "DAZ math 101, daily sales and confusion" laugh

Llynara said:

Could always do, "Keep Calm: Adventures in Sales Math!" but I don't think the math part sounds that exciting, LOL. In fact, some days it's downright frightening before coffee! 

Both of those are great! :)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Toonces said:

Is 100 pages the limit?

The previous forum software came over all peculiar if a thread reached a variable point somewhere over 100 pages. The current offering doesn't seem to have that particular bug (although it does have plenty of new ones to keep us on our toes).

I personally like Keep Calm And Glitch On, It's Been This Way For Years So Why Stop Now. 

@firewarden   I hope you feel better. Get some rest!   smiley

• OK, Skin Builder 3 is available. Thank god I added a little store credit yesterday. Purchase unavoidable. Just have to make up my mind whether I get it with the beauty spots, the horse 2 iray or the morphing background to bring price down a bit. Decisions?!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Llynara said:

Holy crap, time for a new thread already. Well since I came up with the name of this one, tag, you're it Liynara, LOL

I kinda liked "Holy Crap! There's Always Another Sale"
    laugh

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I got it with the morphing background and the horsehair. And a bunch of backlist stuff. The closeup of the beauty spot props made me realize I would never use them.

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

Don't Panic: There's always another Sale. (Daily Sale Talk)

Or:
    Don't Talk Sales: There's always a DAZ bod watching.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

How about "Its not an addiction, It's a Hobby... just one more Sales Glitch and I'll stop. I mean it this time! Seriously... my wish list is down to triple digits.."

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Skin Builder and the morphing background here. I think that horse needs rebuilding more than it needs resurfacing, and there's nothing I've got already that can't iRay-ize it to it's original standard. As for the moles, I haven't got the words, really.

• The beauty spots are masterfully done and very realistic--that is, disgusting. I have wishlisted them, but I am hard-pressed to think when would I use them for something that Skin Builder doesn't already do. About the background, shaders aside, how does it compare to the previous background by the same artist?

edited April 2017

The beauty spots might be useful for villains, old people and variety. But yeah, the closeups make me shudder. Very realistic (I used to do IT for a dermatologist.) Some good work on that one! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

Ugggggh. Why did Skin Builder have to come out after the G2F sale :| I have no money left!

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    edited April 2017

Fast Grab doesn't show anything anymore... something coming soon??

edit: And it's updated!

THread continuation is here

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/163641/brace-yourself-my-dear-wallet-there-re-always-another-sales-and-glitches

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.