Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,254
    Mendoman said:

Maybe it's just me, but have those "buy any new item" deals completely vanished from promotions? I passionately hate it, when there's nice new items in different promotions, and extra discounts are separated. There's rarely enough items I'd like to buy in one promotion, and then I just lose my interest because 30% off is nothing in DAZland. Good example is MICK bundle sale, which only has 3 other items in the sale. I'd really love to have that bundle, but nothing else in that promotion interests me. Now if I could buy new stonemason set, or whatever other new release to get that 40% off deal, I'd be much more interested. As far as I understand, it should be pretty much the same for Faveral or Stonemason from which PA I buy that other item, and they are probably already aware of the possibility that customers might get 40% off instead 30% off from their new release. Now I just probably wait until their new items lose new status, and get them for 50-60% off later. I'm ok with those category related offers from old products being tied to single category, but why that 40% off from new releases is also? I understand that DAZ tries to milk some extra money with this kind of deals, and sell some not so hot products in the process, but I don't think this method is really any good for top selling PAs or us customers.

And there also seems to be a real upsurge in requiring buying 2 or more new reeleases from a particular sale to get any discount on the featured artists.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Mendoman said:

Maybe it's just me, but have those "buy any new item" deals completely vanished from promotions?

They come and go. But mostly, it seems to me, the additional offers on any given sale are triggered by products from that sale.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Having to pay two or three new releases I don't want or need just to get a discount, costs too much. So I'll wait for a better sale, or for an appearance in fastgrab.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I'll get Lola; kinda interested in the new bends, and a 6k texture is also interesting; a good price and uses references as opposed to yet another merchant resource: those I can easily do myself.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,754

It's a good plan though...the new character (a little Naomi Rampace [Sherlock Holmes and Prometheus] you know who I mean)

Might get passed over. I like her- especially the nose and slightly older look- nice too see age vary.

Most might not get her- if you're still collecting Dolls. so.....

It's great that- that artist might get a boost in sales because of the bundle.

The dude looks great to me (don't know why the ladies DON'T make threads for some figures and swoon over others.)

Seems pretty random.

This guy looks like a main character to me-  even though he's not an icon base figure.

So not a truly bad deal. Not too interested in all the free halloween stuff too much.

And I've cleaned out most of the other vendors catalogs already.

And I gotta be careful with Stonemason too. Some stuff I might own the bundle of, but the individual pieces might still show up.

Having to pay two or three new releases I don't want or need just to get a discount, costs too much. So I'll wait for a better sale, or for an appearance in fastgrab.

+1  

Same here.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

There's definitely something unique about Lola.  Deepsea really knows how to capture personality in a character. Lola has this subtle creepy, maybe even a little psychotic, on-edge look to her... without being over the top crazy looking. I think its the eyes. There's a hostility about the eyes. And I mean that in a good way. Its good to see real personality in a figure.

• Thanks for the heads up, L'Adair. Will finally skip that one though. First, have only one Stonemason left in the MM16-catchup. And to trigger the whole cart would again be nearly $50 bucks. Spent way to much with MM17 and even some of the recent promotions. So I need to play with old V3-stuff first thanks to the new Wear them all. And I should play with all the Stonemason stuff already purchased but not used. And finally need starting to save for Skin Builder 3, The Fallen One, Creech Evolution which might be a bigger bundle and Ophelia 7, who might also wait around the corner. 

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Allow me to +1 the idea that the "Buy X new releases to get a smaller than fantastic discount on OTHER artist catalogs," deals don't do if for me. 

Which is OK. I keep my money, DAZ and the PAs see less of it. 

I don't mind when it is "Buy ANY new release," and you can find some "new" release that is a dress or hair for $1.99... 

But when the cheapest new release is $11.99 and you need 3 of them to get a decent discount...

I also dislike it when they offer a bunch of things for 85% off that have been at $1.99 for months, and now they're $8.99 with the 85% off of that... I see your Jedi mind trick... :) 

Thanks for the heads up, L'Adair. Will finally skip that one though. First, have only one Stonemason left in the MM16-catchup. And to trigger the whole cart would again be nearly $50 bucks. Spent way to much with MM17 and even some of the recent promotions. So I need to play with old V3-stuff first thanks to the new Wear them all. And I should play with all the Stonemason stuff already purchased but not used. And finally need starting to save for Skin Builder 3, The Fallen One, Creech Evolution which might be a bigger bundle and Ophelia 7, who might also wait around the corner. 

Today's was my first purchase since MM17, mostly because of multi-purchase requirements to qualify for various offers. Either I couldn't find enough products I liked from a specific promo or the prices of what I did like were too high to take advantage of an offer after buying the qualifiers. So I put what I liked into my wishlist and moved on.

Today DAZ found my sweet spot, though I had to pass on the Stonemason new release. I love it, but can't really justify a run-down old house at this time, so I wishlisted it. Did pick up the two Stonemason products from the MM Flash sale that I didn't already have. That was nice, at 86% off. And I see DAZ hasn't yet removed Stonemason from the MM Flash Sale...

I also dislike it when they offer a bunch of things for 85% off that have been at $1.99 for months, and now they're $8.99 with the 85% off of that... I see your Jedi mind trick... :) 

I like the way you think. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,512
    nicstt said:

I'll get Lola; kinda interested in the new bends, and a 6k texture is also interesting; a good price and uses references as opposed to yet another merchant resource: those I can easily do myself.

I am tempted for just those reasons also, but I find the face very unattractive and I wonder if changing the morph will change that much or if it is more texture related. I do really like the figure morph though

As a PC+ member, I'm used to seeing my member discount applied to DOs and PC+ products, whether on a sales promo page, a catalog page, or the product page. However, sometime during the March Madness sale, (maybe right from the beginning,) those discounts disappeared from the product listings and product pages. If you put the product in your cart and you're a PC+ member, the discounts will be applied... And frequently, members aren't getting the 85% off the member price on PC+ items.

Frankly, I don't like that our additional discounts aren't being displayed.

L'Adair said:

As a PC+ member, I'm used to seeing my member discount applied to DOs and PC+ products, whether on a sales promo page, a catalog page, or the product page. However, sometime during the March Madness sale, (maybe right from the beginning,) those discounts disappeared from the product listings and product pages. If you put the product in your cart and you're a PC+ member, the discounts will be applied... And frequently, members aren't getting the 85% off the member price on PC+ items.

Odd. I'm still seeing the PC+ discounts on both the shop and product pages.

L'Adair said:

I've attached a screenshot of the Daz Originals catalog, first page, 60 per. This is how I'm seeing Daz Originals and PC+ products. I have to put them in my cart to see member discount.

Daz-Originals-missing-discounts.jpg
    1108 x 5432 - 1M
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,768
    edited April 2017
    L'Adair said:

Me too;  I haven't noticaed them missing unless I was logged out of the Store.  Ironically, making a purchace is usually what logs me out...

Post edited by WandW on

Interesting... I wonder if DAZ is doing A-B testing... seeing which produces the most sales... showing the discount or not showing the discount!

Probably a just another glitch, though. Odd that it would only affect some of us.

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

nicstt said:

I'll get Lola; kinda interested in the new bends, and a 6k texture is also interesting; a good price...

I can't tell whether it's a good price because the promo pages don't show me what benefits the bends and textures bring.

Daz is working on something. I am logged in and I have zero discounts on anything. Stonemason on sale- nothing on sale for me.

Added to cart, everything still full price.

Discounts only activate with 3 items in cart, not two or one....

Weird...

edited April 2017
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited April 2017
    L'Adair said:

There are three Stonemason items in the MM Flash Back sale and they are currently stacking with today's Featured Artist Catalog offers:

• Buy 2 “abandoned” New Releases to Get 50% OFF Featured Artist Catalogs*¥
    • Or buy 3 or more “abandoned” New Releases to Get 60% OFF Featured Artist Catalogs*¥

I'm guessing DAZ will remove them from the MM Flash Back sale soon, but if you hurry, you can get up to 86% off...

Yep, They are gone now. I wish DAZ would stop pulling stuff. It makes me a lot less interested in shopping here.

Oh wait, maybe that is good thing. I saves me money.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    nicstt said:

I am tempted for just those reasons also, but I find the face very unattractive and I wonder if changing the morph will change that much or if it is more texture related. I do really like the figure morph though

Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understand
    Why she walk like a woman and talk like a man
    Oh my Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

wink

Whatever. I do think we need characters who don't look like clippings from lad's mags.

nicstt said:

One of the reasons i did get the character; pretty and cute the runtime is groaning under the weight of.

There is character in the character. :) And toned down a little head-wise, then not so disturbing.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858

Lola seems like a life-experienced, not had it easy figure to me. I don't like the bottom eyelashes, they don't seem to show up very well, but she would be a fun character for a historical piece, like a gypsy, peasant, midwife, farmer's wife or daughter. Someone who has to work very hard just to survive. It's nice to see these character varieties. 

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    Novica said:

Lola seems like a life-experienced, not had it easy figure to me. I don't like the bottom eyelashes, they don't seem to show up very well, but she would be a fun character for a historical piece, like a gypsy, peasant, midwife, farmer's wife or daughter. Someone who has to work very hard just to survive. It's nice to see these character varieties. 

Dale is probably her son's father. :) 

A nice day today; no purchases.

I should manage to do a Lola render later.

Where do you go to show love, appreciation and at the same time, total FRUSTRATION with Daz.

I assume Daz is short for Mr. or Mrs. Dazschund and the other Dazschund made the Centaur 7 product- because, damn it's STILL a required purchase for today, whose theme is SCI-FI.

Science Fiction. Centaurs are FANTASY. Fan-ta-seeeeeeee!

WHY is THAT needed for my 30% discount?

Where is the SCI-FI bundle, where's the buy one, get, buy two, get, buy threeeeeeeee????!!!

You have MANY new releases...many.....

If anything, today is the day you break out the 'buy any three new, get one related item FREE'

Technically more NEW items than CENTAUR since those listed were almost ALL ADD-ONS.....    I repeat ALMOST all Add-ons to the main product being sold.

No so with Sci-fi they are all standalone with the exception of the predator. (he has textures and poses out on his release day. Good for him)

WHY NOT bundle Tesla - even his modern houses are closer fit to sci-fi.....lol

But enough....I want almost everything from today's releases....

1) New iray Machina skin thing - check (oohhh it's got a figure too)

2) Slime  - check (poses are a big plus, plus suppose I make that blood? whoa- gripping renders there, fer sure)

3) Other-wordly Striking with the full lips and rounded nose...look at the skin tattoos and she fits every demon dark fantasy scenario....and also hits the sci-fi mark.....all around winner.....

Glowing hands and Fane hair are just great products...someone doing superhero renders just lost their mind.

And the predator is a classic franchise..

I had to look at today's deal from an un-logged-in browser to see- and you have some GREAT stuff I already own as Sci-Fi related items..

So there's nothing there for me.....sad      I mean, how many sci-fi labs and hallways am I gonna own?

And then...and then...I went into those highlighted vendors catalogs and saw some great, great stuff(s).

I can't afford my cart today.....whiiiinnnnnneeee   angry crying     

And then you hit us (PC+) members with some great discounts, freebies and such- so it's all love.........

But dang- you couldn't give us Sci-Fi heads a bundle deal today? Really?

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,798
    avxp said:

So there's nothing there for me.....sad      I mean, how many sci-fi labs and hallways am I gonna own?

Uh ... if you're like me, all of them.

I think I have enough labs and hallways to outfit a battlecruiser. The sun will have collapsed into a white dwarf before I finish making scenes with them all. And you know how when you look at the latest sci-fi hallway, you always tell yourself "I could use that. It's just a little different from the other seventy-two I already have. See -- that handrail's sort of a polished brass color, instead of a gleaming silver? And look at the way those doorframe edges are just slightly rounded. That's all the justification I need -- into the cart it goes!"

Sorry. Maybe I'm the only one who has this particular problem. Never mind me. I'll be over here, rendering a scene featuring one of my seventy-three science-fiction hallways ...

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,768

They could have at least had a centaur spacesuit...

This discussion has been closed.