Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

Thanks Norse! I love that hair, its so classic!!!! Is it a preset yet??? :P Seriously... i love classic and that one is awesome! And i am so bad at male hair styles!

• alanb11alanb11 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Question about moving LAMH to a newer PC. Do I just go throught the normal installation process with the same serial number and get the Installation and Activation Codes online or is there a different way to do this? Can I leave it on the old PC until I am sure everything is good on the new one? Or, can you have it installed on more than one PC, assuming you are only using one at a time. (For example, a laptop to be used when away from home) Some software licenses allows for that.

I just want to make sure I do it correctly.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

alanb11 said:
    Question about moving LAMH to a newer PC. Do I just go throught the normal installation process with the same serial number and get the Installation and Activation Codes online or is there a different way to do this? Can I leave it on the old PC until I am sure everything is good on the new one? Or, can you have it installed on more than one PC, assuming you are only using one at a time. (For example, a laptop to be used when away from home) Some software licenses allows for that.

I just want to make sure I do it correctly.

Contact me via email: krsears (at) trdc.biz

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Thanks Norse! I love that hair, its so classic!!!! Is it a preset yet??? :P Seriously... i love classic and that one is awesome! And i am so bad at male hair styles!

It's Alex' hairstyle preset (Clint short smooth hair) that I downloaded. The only difference is I shortened it a bit and applied a different hair-color.

URL: http://www.furrythings.com/presets/

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited January 2013

RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:
    LongFlow Hair.....

WOW!

Thanks Alex. It was not an easy endevour but totally worth it. :-)

You know another suggestion. This is really going out on a limb here. How about a way to maintain the style we have worked on but have the ability to shorten or lengthen the hair?

We are working hard to make the learning curve much easier, so that tools will be more immediate and efficient. If you scale the hair with the btush

Thanks for the compliment Alex. On my suggestion.... I was thinking that a slider to move the hair longer or shorter full style, not just a strand or two at a time. I use the Ctrl drag in and out all the time for around the hairline to make shorter hairs.

Another suggestion... is it at all possible to create a right click to bring up brush properties rather than the space bar? You could put a bunch of options in a pop up dialog. I keep, absentmindedly right clicking for some reason and nothing happens! LOL

Darn Daz forum has discontinued my forum update emails again I see... bah!

Anyway there IS a way to make ALL the hair longer, it is the "length" slider! It can be used in both directions to make shorter or longer hair. Control drag is for individual hairs. :)

Okay, so usually I do mostly hair styles (not as cool as you guys tho and RamWolff I LOVE that flow hair you did... think you'd ever want to share the preset?? *drool* WOW and i like the short hair too... I'm so bad at guy's hair styles. I dont' even know what kind of styles are "in" or anything. i love your work... you'd definitely be most in the know about best styles :D

So anyway, I finally played a bit with the animals... millennium big cat presets. Gave me the excuse to install and use big cat, finally! haha. ;) Anyway well i DID have a commission for it... so no complaints. I was just so excited to not have to paint lousy hair for once. (i'm sooooooo bad at painting fur). I am just thrilled how it came out. :)

Awesome work Alia, it's a great composition! Sorry if I've been a little absent these days on the thread :)

Me and Kendall are working extra hours to finish the 1.1 update, which will introduce an awesome load of new features and improve current ones.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • commorancycommorancy Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Here's Heather

HeatherHair.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 160K
    edited December 1969

Paleo-artist Luca allowed me to post two new renders of furred dinosaurs, create in LAMH, exported as OBJ and rendered in Vue.
    Here they come!

file_2406184.jpg
    1400 x 788 - 277K
    file_2404513.jpg
    1400 x 788 - 381K
    file_2400279.jpg
    1400 x 788 - 326K
  • edited December 1969

I bought my copy of Look at my Hair about two weeks ago. I am not an expert user, but with a little practice I was able to fur a couple of characters. This plugin is really very complete and there are still a lot of features I haven't tried out yet. I will post some images in the future, I really enjoy looking at the creations of other users.

Thank you Allesandro and Kendall for making this awesome piece of software! And for an awesome price as well. :)

edited December 1969

And since I don't recall if I ever posted also this render, it was done by Elle (visit her gallery at DeviantArt), furring a lioness in LAMH, exporting to OBJ and rendering in Reality!

lioness_by_elle_arden-d5rhe2o.jpg
    1100 x 726 - 332K
    edited December 1969

Here's Heather

Wow! That's a nice hair style! Very classic and delicately styled!! Wanna share? I love it! :D

• edited December 1969

My first experiment with LAMH

ShaggyGoat_(Medium).jpg
    1229 x 768 - 251K
  • edited December 1969

My first work done with Look at my Hair, a quick composition using the Genesis gorilla preset at furrythings.com (I worked on a morph previously created in ZBrush to give an angry look to Kong).

I adjusted the fur a little, styled some, made it a little longer and had some tilt effect applied; rendered 2 million hair and composited in photoshop adding some glow and other elements.

I must say that using this plugin is incredibly simple and I really enjoyed it. The number of features offered is amazing.
    I can't wait for new updates and as I have some presets I'll certainly share those (I got quite a collection of animal models that want to fur)!

Kong.jpg
    919 x 1337 - 392K
    edited December 1969

Awesome renders Daniel and Richard, thanks for sharing those! :)

edited January 2013

For those watching....

DAZ has put LAMH on 30% off promo for 2 days. This would be a good time to grab it.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Does this mean that 1.1 is close??

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Does this mean that 1.1 is close??

:-)

edited December 1969

Your a tease Mr. (I like that! :coolsmirk: )

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

LOL can't wait to see the update list.

edited December 1969

The work done on 1.1 is so vast, and the fixes and new features so important that you will be literally blown ay by it.
    Sorry I cant't unleash any detail yet...

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    edited January 2013

The work done on 1.1 is so vast, and the fixes and new features so important that you will be literally blown ay by it.

Sitting on the edge of my seat (even holding up a product submittion waiting LOL)

Post edited by RawArt on
    edited December 1969

Waiting with baited breath.

edited December 1969

Another awesome render done by paleo artist Luca. This image is named "Peekaboo!!!" and has been rendered in Vue after furring and exporting fur models as OBJ.

"South american cretaceous jokes. Raul austroraptor feathered with LAMH and a new colour scheme by me. Cronopius furred but not so visible here. Happy about the work on the dirty ground finally. Thanks for viewing!"

Be sure to visit Luca's gallery, lot of awesome images there... http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=56904

image.jpg
    1400 x 788 - 529K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

You're suppose to say something like "Its so awsome that you'll want to buy LAMH a second time!"

But since you didn't, I'll settle for the free upgrade! :D :D :D

This is timely. I have plans to use LAMH for an upcomming image I have already started on. I hope I can do the hair I am envisioning.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 619
    edited December 1969

Looks great, Alessandro!

Definitely WANTZ!!

But I'm betting that's going to be making for some beastly renderings, especially doing animations!

[pun is both intended & not ;) ]

I'll just have to get this & hold on to it until there are machines beefy & fast enough to handle oodles of figures using such Hair product--I know that my current machine will choke if I try to do more than 1 such creature rendered more than a still photo....

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 619
    edited December 1969

BTW, Has anyone done an interation with the LAMH product and other objects...Like how the fur would react to someone petting a lion's mane or something similar?

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

"Literally blown away"?

Hope the phrasing isn't a coincidence. Waiting eagerly no matter what.

edited December 1969

Looks great, Alessandro!

Definitely WANTZ!!

But I'm betting that's going to be making for some beastly renderings, especially doing animations!

[pun is both intended & not ;) ]

I'll just have to get this & hold on to it until there are machines beefy & fast enough to handle oodles of figures using such Hair product--I know that my current machine will choke if I try to do more than 1 such creature rendered more than a still photo....

Well, animation is something that has to be carefully planned. Rendering a movie at 25-30 fps, with one or more heavily furred models will certainly take its time and be highly dependant on lights number and quality settings, and of course the render engine used: 3Delight, Lux, Vue etc.

edited December 1969

"Literally blown away"?

Hope the phrasing isn't a coincidence. Waiting eagerly no matter what.

Eh eh... I have to keep my mouth sealed :) But you are going to like the new update and what is coming next.

edited January 2013

Well had some fun putting fur on M4.... horse head morph Amducias by Philosopher's Egg (fantastic characters, totally worth a look if not buy them all, love them!) with the zebra texture, fur and mane done through LAMH....
    What a distinguished zebra! :)

InBlackAndWhiteMD2b.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 646K
    Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

:lol: Nice one, belovedalia!!

Post edited by Norse Graphics on