TabascoJack's House of Hot Sauce and Art

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Nice, TJ!  I really like the sunlight and the reflection in the water and how it highlights the ship.  Yeah, I love that vendor's spacecraft.  I own several of them myself.   How did you do the thruster lights?  I've been having the worst problem getting that effect in any of my pictures.  Your thruster lights look awesome!

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Thanks everyone!

@Knittingmommy, I cheated a bit on the thruster lights.   The model comes with a plane behind the turbine fans that you can make emissive - but it just didn't have enough oomph to do what I wanted.   I dropped a point light in each engine nozzle, and let Vue handle the glow and blue lens streak. 

Thanks everyone!

@Knittingmommy, I cheated a bit on the thruster lights.   The model comes with a plane behind the turbine fans that you can make emissive - but it just didn't have enough oomph to do what I wanted.   I dropped a point light in each engine nozzle, and let Vue handle the glow and blue lens streak. 

Thanks!  I  might try that in DS and see what happens.  I just haven't been happy with any of my attempts to date, but I haven't actually put a point light in there yet.  

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Great renders TJack, very impressive art yes

Thanks!  I appreciate the feedback!

I've been away from creating things for a while - kind of got burned out working on a large modeling project in blender in which I had to go back and rework a lot things that I had already done.   That kind of took the joy out of it and it became more like work.  And then real life work kicked in hard.   Anyway, lots of excuses but no art coming out of it.  I'm starting to get back into it now.  I've got a lot of stuff I picked up in the various sales and now I need to start using it.

Perhaps I need to set a render per week goal to work toward regardless of the other projects I have in my head.

edited June 2017

Picked up a lot of old content in the recent sales before Vicky 8.

This is Beka wearing Purple Rain, a V4 outfit, in the Spanish Rose - Chalet de Sevilla set.

Minor tweaks to the shaders (PBR glass in the wall sconce, parrotdolphin's Iray Shader Kit to update the fabrics).

Iray 4.9, Photoshop.

Spanish Rose

SpanishRosePS.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 993K
    Post edited by TabascoJack on

Spanish Rose looks very nice.  I love seeing the older content get new life.  :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Beautiful TJ!

Thanks, Knittingmommy and Sonja!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Spanish Rose has that Casablanca setting feel to it, very nostalgic, moody. So well done! I particularly like the lighting in the door, really sets the mood.

edited August 2017

Oh my, it has been a while.....I missed the whole month of July.   Work's been a challenge recently and I haven't really felt like doing much with Daz or blender.

I started back up on a project that had been stalled, and I think I'm fairly happy with it now.

Modeled in blender, textures in Substance Painter, rendered in Iray

CrossingUp.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 322K
    CrossingDown.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 325K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

WOW TJ I just love the railway crossing excellent work!!!!

Are you possibly going to share it with us or you going to make a railway set with it?

Looks really good!  Sorry work has been such a pain!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

yes  Guess you will start modeling the train cars themselves. :)

That's a cool little railroad crossing thing.  So what's next?  The tracks or the cars?

edited August 2017

I've got some tracks done - and one car.   I need to build out a crossing now that I have the signal.

Rails.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 404K
    edited August 2017

And in the meantime, I'm still experimenting with my workflow.

This is something I whipped up today in blender, ran through substance and rigged in Daz.  My goal is to get enough practice with the workflow that I can get things done in a reasonable amount of time.

Clock.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 529K

Loving the tracks and the clock is amazing, I know I for one would love to use that clock!!!

• Loving the tracks and the clock is amazing, I know I for one would love to use that clock!!!

Saphire, I just posted it up in the Freebies section!

Enjoy!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Wow I admire your lates expeditions into blender! I've started some learning in blender as well but then I had withdrawal from rendering as it will take a lot of time before I come up with something usable with blender.

So really well done and keep going!

Nice, Jack!  Love the tracks and the clock.  So, you rigged the clock hands?  Cool.   I really need to get into Blender.  I have a project that I need to try and make.  I should be simple enough with mostly straight lines.  It's just finding the time to block out to start work on it.

So, what does your workflow look like?

Loving the tracks and the clock is amazing, I know I for one would love to use that clock!!!

Saphire, I just posted it up in the Freebies section!

Enjoy!

oh you are so generious Jack thanks so much!!!!

• oh you are so generious Jack thanks so much!!!!

You're very welcome!

Nice, Jack!  Love the tracks and the clock.  So, you rigged the clock hands?  Cool.   I really need to get into Blender.  I have a project that I need to try and make.  I should be simple enough with mostly straight lines.  It's just finding the time to block out to start work on it.

So, what does your workflow look like?

Thanks @Knittingmommy!   Right now my workflow is kind of like this (ASCII art for the win!):  

+-----------------------------------------------------    Daz Studio ----> render
                                 | (OBJ file)                                                         |
    blender--------------+                                                                        |
                                 | (fbx file                                        (materials)   |
                                 +------------- Substance Painter --------------------+

From blender, I export the .obj file which is imported into DAZ.  I also export the project as an .fbx file for Substance Painter, for reasons I'll explain later.  

I started writing up a description of the workflow, and realized that it got very confusing very quickly, so I think I'm going to have to walk through it with screenshots.  Or maybe I'll do a video.

Great job on the tracks, if I didn't know any better I would have thought they were real.  And thanks for the clock!  I too, need to get back into learning to model. In my abundant spare time of course.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Kewl,  Thanks for the clock.  Does it have an alarm?... kidding :)  Substance Painter is supposed to be quite good... too bad that it is per month or year.

Keep honing that workflow... can't wait to see you becom a PA so I will have the option to buy some of your models.

• Thanks!

I've pretty much accepted the fact that lots of software is moving to the subscription model.  While I'm not fond of it, I realize that I never would have bought Photoshop at $699, which was the retail price of CS5.  Add to that an upgrade cost of $199, and the $10/month for the current Photoshop/Lightroom package is tolerable.

Substance is more, but if I'm going to go down the path of becoming a PA, then it really becomes a necessary business expense.

• So I've been away for a bit - changed jobs and don't have nearly the amount of free time that I had before.

Also have been getting more into modeling in blender as well, which has taken away from my Daz time.

That said, the introduction of dForce has made be fire Studio back up.  I've played with the cloth sim in blender and the fact that dForce leverages openCL so that the video card can drive the simulation is an amazing difference.  I started playing with it tonight and it's a very welcome addition.

Here's Beka in the Seductive Silk Dress for G3:

Nice to see you!  Congrats on the new job!  I think we are all really glad they added DForce.  She looks lovely!  Can't wait to see what you have been modelling as welel.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    Looks great, Jack. Congrats on the new job as well. I know what you mean about being busy.
    edited April 2018

Coming back up for some air.....Here's a quick tease of what I've been working on the past number of months.

SLR-Promo-6PS.jpg
    1300 x 731 - 798K