Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    WandW said:

There is one Newly Mad item that doesn't show up for me; left column, middle row.  A page glitch?

No, same here.

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365

Is it just me or does there appear to be one item in the newly mad that wont load?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    Taozen said:
    WandW said:

There is one Newly Mad item that doesn't show up for me; left column, middle row.  A page glitch?

No, same here.

Maybe it is a glitch in the sense that it shouldn't be there, it seems that it's one item to many compared to the number of new items.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

It's supposed to be sku 38567, but if you search for this sku in the shop, there's no such active item.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

Still no Bonus Buyer freebie... sad

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I guess that means freebies are done! Makes sense since I believe this is the last 'new release' day of the sale.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

So is this it is for March Madness 2017?

This thread, this ,oh most popular thread has dipped to second page status! No way!

Does Daz have one more big trick up it's sleeve for the final weekend?

Or is this a slow decline, like how the start was a slow growth in inensity?

What have they done in the past?

One more massive "last chance, we really mean it - this time - catch up weekend?"

Something new and crazy coming?

Everything on sale again?

IS   THIS     IT???????

Last few days??//

Suppose Daz 5.01.03 drops this weekend?

Suppose it's a bundle bonanza- get any two bundles, get third free.....

Pick any two...

Stonemason's home address?

What are they going to do?
    Who has a guess?

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Wait, that modular castle NEVER CAME OUT....

That could be it........medieval theme on the last day....related items....Armor...Swords...Dragons! Yeah Dragons have been very quiet...

No new dragon in a while.....

A new male figure...maybe a knight bundle....

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,484
    edited April 2017

oops my mistake

Post edited by ArtAngel on

Catch up weekend. Monday there will be a Spring Break sale.  After Easter, it'll go back to stacking up daily sales 3-5 on the banner at a time.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    jakiblue said:

I thought the same when I saw it. I still don't understand the Twilight hair being split into 2 main products (not to mention the additional hair colours, which all come with a NORMAL PA/DO hair) 

lx said:

Here's a perfect example to my complaint about the PC+ falls hair:

http://www.daz3d.com/dolly-changeable-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

Same artist, more features, MUCH more useful product description, cheaper price.

Couldn't agree more. I ended up getting the hair and the extension since it was only around $5, but I am still wondering about the mindset of having seperate products, especially when all the extension does is thicken the back a bit WTF?!. I usually look at vendors that sell textures seperately as being greedy which is why I don't purchase extra textures, plus I can make them myself in PSD

Dolly changeable hair looks too much like the other ponytails i have which is why I passed on it.

edited April 2017

oops my mistake

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    avxp said:

So is this it is for March Madness 2017?

This thread, this ,oh most popular thread has dipped to second page status! No way!

Does Daz have one more big trick up it's sleeve for the final weekend?

Or is this a slow decline, like how the start was a slow growth in inensity?

What have they done in the past?

One more massive "last chance, we really mean it - this time - catch up weekend?"

Something new and crazy coming?

Everything on sale again?

IS   THIS     IT???????

Last few days??//

Suppose Daz 5.01.03 drops this weekend?

Suppose it's a bundle bonanza- get any two bundles, get third free.....

Pick any two...

Stonemason's home address?

What are they going to do?
    Who has a guess?

haven't you bought everything they put up already? LOL i figured you or your wallet would be releived by now, LOL

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    ArtAngel said:

Compared to xmas 2016 this sale feels lame.

Every sale is going to feel lame compared to that one sale because it was the best in two years. Probably best not to expect every day to be Christmas.

edited April 2017

oops my mistake

I'm pretty sure Tamara is the finale. Other than a catchup sale, I mean.  This was a nice little sale. Reminds me of the 2016 PA Festival? Which seems fair given they're about six months apart. I AM looking forward to the next PC+ Anniversary sale though.... the number of PC+ items I passed on buying so I could get One More non-PC+ Deal has been stacking up. And I didn't properly appreciate the last one.....

edited April 2017
    oops my mistake
    3duniverse.JPG
    639 x 128 - 18K

Sorry that earlier shot could be anyone lol 

3d universe.JPG
    849 x 234 - 29K

I did not do much with the Christmas sale myself, because I was tapped out from the PA and PC+ sales. I mostly remember it as The Time of Great Freebies.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    ArtAngel said:

Compared to xmas 2016 this sale feels lame.

LOL

Compared to xmas 2016, all sales feel lame!

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

This sale pales compared to all of the sales from 2016. Last March Madness I was buying V4, A4, M4, SP4, G4, F4, all pro bundles, all 4 dollars each. I got a 1 year PC+ membership for $15. Carrara 8.5 for $20.

​And it went on all year.

​I waited up until Daz Midnight for almost every sale last year.

This March Madness... I wake up at 6, take care of a few things, come in, look at today's sale - and except for 3 days out of the month, I went, "Mmm... nothing big here today."

​I'm wondering if they're going to recognize people who kept up their bonus buyer all month long.

edited April 2017

Well... that *was* mad...

​I had i13's Dreams and the V3/M3 head and body morph's bundle in my cart... and I added the Tamara Bundle and Dale for G3M.

​I wasn't happy with the discounts... so I pulled out the V3/M3 morphs... and the price on Tamara and Dale both dropped.

So then I pulled out i13 Dream's content, and the price on both of them dropped AGAIN.

So I bought them.

​Weirdest Shopping Cart Jenga reverse stacking deal I've seen so far at DAZ. "The less you buy, the more you save! The more you buy, the more it costs!"

​@Novica I just realized I should have just dropped you a note about it... but I didn't think about the fact that it seems to be some kind of glitch until just now.

Post edited by donovancolbert on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited April 2017

LOL, thanks- but I had already shopped and checked out within minutes. I didn't do the one thing at a time, didn't feel right as those free prices were just too disconcerting. My cart was full so the prices were about right. When I was shopping, prices were yo-yoing up and down so I didn't assume they would stay that way for long. It changed twice in just three minutes.

Post edited by Novica on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Did you notice the disclaimer about not returning things from yesterday to buy them at a cheaper price today? Glad I held off buying yesterday. I really don't understand those practices though, discouraging people from impulse buying. 

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

There seems to be set sum of just below $12 being subtracted from the order total. So if you only buy 1 thing you get it really cheap, or even free if is listed price is below $12. Someone completely lacking morals would take advantage of it and only buy one thing at a time...devil

I've missed so many great glitches since October-November - I'm kinda glad I was finally awake at Daz Midnight to catch one! I was always travelling, staying in a trailer at some KOA with horrible Internet - and the next morning I'd see everyone celebrating their great deals and I'd have the sads. 

:) 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

This sale pales compared to all of the sales from 2016. Last March Madness I was buying V4, A4, M4, SP4, G4, F4, all pro bundles, all 4 dollars each. I got a 1 year PC+ membership for $15. Carrara 8.5 for $20.

​And it went on all year.

​I waited up until Daz Midnight for almost every sale last year.

This March Madness... I wake up at 6, take care of a few things, come in, look at today's sale - and except for 3 days out of the month, I went, "Mmm... nothing big here today."

​I'm wondering if they're going to recognize people who kept up their bonus buyer all month long.

I agree. I started here nearly exactly a year ago (about a month and a year) and the sales last year where, imo, vastly superior to this year's. A lot of it was due to the stacking that we could get last year. But you also mentioned a few good ones too like all the 4 dollar V4 and M4 sales, the $17 pro bundles, etc. And, of course, the best part, the Ah-may-zing stacking sales. I think this year, compared to last year, has been a bit disappointing. 

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

Not so exciting sales are good.

They make it easier to stay in budget. :)

This discussion has been closed.