Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:
    Novica said:
    ETA: Not all featured artist catalogs are showing the extra discount. Hopefully DAZ will get it all straightened out soon.

Can you give me examples of which stores so I can check and report please?  Thanks.

Most of the featured Artists, actually. After you asked, I went back and put several items in the cart from each artist's linked catalog, along with a new release, and products from the following artists did not apply the extra 20%... even when I put the Dante 7 Starter Pack in the cart:

Jack Tomalin, Fred Winkler Art, 3DCelebrity, Nikisatez, Umblefugly, Mada, Anna Benjamin, Capsces Digital Ink, Sabby, AprilYSH, Bobbie25, Design Anvil, Zeddicuss, Neikdian, Stonemason, Lyoness, Hinky Punk, Alessandro_AM, OziChick, EmmaAndJordi.

I'm seeing the same thing, 20% extra not applied to Allessandro_AM and EmmaAndJordi.

• -Reported the missing discounts - it appears to me to be the stores which have Still Mad items but not Newly Mad.

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365

Am I the only one who's on the fence about the Warthog, sorry I mean Spartech Jumper in today's sale?

I love the Halo universe, and I have been taking the time to update some old M4 sci-fi armors to Iray. It's an awesome vehicle but I feel like it's SO close to the Warthog that I couldn't use it for anything other than Halo fan art.

Anyone have it already? Does it have modifications to make it less "warthoggy"?

Opinions?

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    Brugan said:

Am I the only one who's on the fence about the Warthog, sorry I mean Spartech Jumper in today's sale?

I love the Halo universe, and I have been taking the time to update some old M4 sci-fi armors to Iray. It's an awesome vehicle but I feel like it's SO close to the Warthog that I couldn't use it for anything other than Halo fan art.

Opinions?

I'm a huge Halo fan, and how close it is to the warthog is one reason I've got it in my cart to buy today.  To me it's just enough different to be inspired by Halo, without coming accross as straight fan art.  Even when bundled with the Spartantech armor (which is an awesome set if you don't have it yet).

• lx said:

Twilight Hair...

The hair costs ($19.95) $3.49. Perfectly fine. Only 3 hair colours, but sure.

If you'd like more than 3 hair colours (9 more!) Pay an extra  ($12.95) $3.49.

Now if you want some more bones with 4 more morphs, pay an extra ($16.95) $2.79.

That's a base price of $49 for a hair with 12 colours and some morphs (~$10 at PC+ pricing.)

I agree...doesn't seem like much of a PC discount if it ends up costing the same as a PA new release.  The color thing is normal.  Besides, I have lots of hair color packs that will work.  That didn't really bug me.  But, I thought having to buy extra bones was really a bit much.  On top of that, PC+ hairs usually don't have many good renders to see what the extra styles are.  As far as I can tell, all the addon bones do is let the back hair be drawn together to a point.  Is there more to it?

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Anyone else has problems with @Ati s Show all Features artist Bookmarklet?

It is not really working for me, was fine yesterday. and yes i started from the https page.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    Renomista said:

Anyone else has problems with @Ati s Show all Features artist Bookmarklet?

It is not really working for me, was fine yesterday. and yes i started from the https page.

The format of the promo page keeps changing, so it needs constant updating. I usually make the necessary corrections in the morning (EU time), but to actually get the new version of the bookmarklet, you need to delete the one you have, and save it again. It's not the best solution, but March Madness ends soon anyway, so I'll keep updating it till the end of it.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Thanks @ati!

Beside that: This are the rebates I'm waiting for the complete March. I think I'm going a bit Mad today.... 19 items already in the Cart,,,

• lx said:

Twilight Hair...

Now if you want some more bones with 4 more morphs, pay an extra ($16.95) $2.79.

That's a base price of $49 for a hair with 12 colours and some morphs (~$10 at PC+ pricing.)

I agree...doesn't seem like much of a PC discount if it ends up costing the same as a PA new release.  The color thing is normal.  Besides, I have lots of hair color packs that will work.  That didn't really bug me.  But, I thought having to buy extra bones was really a bit much.  On top of that, PC+ hairs usually don't have many good renders to see what the extra styles are.  As far as I can tell, all the addon bones do is let the back hair be drawn together to a point.  Is there more to it?

It's not extra bones, it's an additional hairpiece that can be added to the basic hair (that, apparently, is what a fall is).

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    lx said:

Twilight Hair...

It's not extra bones, it's an additional hairpiece that can be added to the basic hair (that, apparently, is what a fall is).

So its a virtual weave. That must be a first for Daz. 

But what does it do? I honestly can't tell from the promo art. Does it make it fuller?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

It's impossible to tell from the promos of Twilight Hair, but I'm guessing all the hair is pulled into the tie on top of the head, leaving the back smooth, like a ponytail. If so, the fall would fit under the tail. Do you know, @Richard_Haseltine, if that is the case?

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

So basically like real world clip-on hair extensions...

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

So its a virtual weave. That must be a first for Daz. 

I feel like I have several items of hair, many of them V4, that has additions like pony tails that can be removed or added.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

Ok, where the heck did this come from? It shows as new in the store (not marked "new", but showing up first if you sort by new items), and I've never seen it before, but its got an old SKU 21732. has this been in the store and I just missed it?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    DSDT said:

Ok, where the heck did this come from? It shows as new in the store (not marked "new", but showing up first if you sort by new items), and I've never seen it before, but its got an old SKU 21732. has this been in the store and I just missed it?

That's been in the store for quite some time. Not sure why it's showing up at first place when sorting by new arrivals, but it's definitely not new.

Thanks Richard!

Anyone know if it can be added to other hair as well or just Twilight?

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 790
    edited April 2017

Anyone know what the best deal is for https://www.daz3d.com/anneka-pro-bundle ? I don't really want Dante, but that seems to be the only way to get an extra 20% off. With some other items, I basically get Dante for free. I also buy one Newly Mad item to get the 20%. With the Bonus Buyer discount, that's another 10%. 

With a coupon, Dante is down to $12.95. Anneka pro bundle is $47.34. 

This doesn't seem right to me.

With a DAZ membership, Daz products are 30% off. So 134.95 * .70 = 94.47.

Current discount is 40% off featured artists catalogs. So 94.47 * .60 = 56.68 and this is indeed the listed price on the bundle page.

So... with the 10% bonus buyer discount, I should get 56.68 * .90 = 51.01

And with the extra 20% from Dante 7 and a newly mad item, that's 51.01 * .80 = 40.81. I removed the coupon and 51.01 is the price I'm getting. So this item is not getting the 20% discount.

Other items ARE getting an extra discount when I add Dante, but not Annika pro bundle. Weird.

edit: Discount should be even more than that. Featured artist catolog discount is 50% when you buy 2 or more qualifying items.

Post edited by AlienRenders on
    edited April 2017

Anyone know what the best deal is for https://www.daz3d.com/anneka-pro-bundle ? I don't really want Dante, but that seems to be the only way to get an extra 20% off. With some other items, I basically get Dante for free. I also buy one Newly Mad item to get the 20%. With the Bonus Buyer discount, that's another 10%. 

With a coupon, Dante is down to $12.95. Anneka pro bundle is $47.34. 

This doesn't seem right to me.

With a DAZ membership, Daz products are 30% off. So 134.95 * .70 = 94.47.

Current discount is 40% off featured artists catalogs. So 94.47 * .60 = 56.68 and this is indeed the listed price on the bundle page.

So... with the 10% bonus buyer discount, I should get 56.68 * .90 = 51.01

And with the extra 20% from Dante 7 and a newly mad item, that's 51.01 * .80 = 40.81. I removed the coupon and 51.01 is the price I'm getting. So this item is not getting the 20% discount.

Other items ARE getting an extra discount when I add Dante, but not Annika pro bundle. Weird.

edit: Discount should be even more than that. Featured artist catolog discount is 50% when you buy 2 or more qualifying items.

The extra 20% off with the purchase of Dante is only for Newly Mad and Featured Artist Catalog items.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 790
    edited April 2017

Oh, it's a Daz Original not in any artist catalog. My bad.

edit: Wait, so why is there an extra 40% off on it then?

Post edited by AlienRenders on
  • lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    lx said:

Twilight Hair...

I thought it was an additional hairpiece initially (as you're saying it is) but the description literally says it is extra bones for the main hair item. I feel like product descriptions not explaining what is actually included in said product is not too uncommon an issue, which is a shame when they often lose sales by selling themselves short. There have been a number of times for me alone that I was going to pass on a product until I noticed someone posting about it on the forums and realising there was more to the product than they bothered to explain.

I still think charging an extra 75% to add another ponytail to one hairstyle is ridiculous (hopefully you can use it across other hairs too but that isn't what it's being sold as.)

edited April 2017

Not sure, but my guess is it's because the bundle contains DO's made by some of the Featured Artists, and since their catalogs are 40% off these DO's are 40% also, which makes the bundle they belong to discounted also, maybe because of some technical limitations in the store as to what can be included/excluded from the discount.  But since the bundle itself doesn't belong to any of these stores, it doesn't get the extra 20% off.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Taozen said:

Not sure, but my guess is it's because the bundle contains DO's made by some of the Featured Artists, and since their catalogs are 40% off these DO's are 40% also, which makes the bundle they belong to discounted also, maybe because of some technical limitations in the store as to what can be included/excluded from the discount.  But since the bundle itself doesn't belong to any of these stores, it doesn't get the extra 20% off.

Makes sense. The extra 40% off is what threw me off. I'm used to just looking in my wishlist for what's at 40% or more on discount and assumed those were part of the catalog discount. I'll have to be more careful in the future. After trying out a few things, the pro bundles are separate. They have 30% + 40% + 10% BB and that's it. It is 62% off, so not bad. But it's still $51.

Now I'm not sure what to do. Wondering if there'll be a DO sale soon. Not sure it would be better than the current offering though.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

It can be added to other hairs as it's a separate piece. It doesn't have any textures, and when using it if you don't have the original hair installed, it asks for that. It also relies on the transparency/opacity map from the original hair - I tried some iray hair shaders on it, but it looks crap without that transmap. It has a scale adjustment, and also left, right, flip, forward - back. And if you drill down ot the head of it, there are more (volume, short/long etc)

I didn't know what it was either. I have no idea what a 'fall' is - I thought it was just a play on the title on the original base hair. I'm still not sure whether it really should have been an "extra" product - perhaps if it was packaged with its own textures/transmap then ok. Although it CAN be used on its own, but not purchasable on its own, if you know what i mean. I'm hoping this won't become a standard thing for PC products - I already have my reservations about the whole "include one outfit texture/only 3 hair colours" with a product and then the rest as a separate product - so I'm not sure I'd be happy if we started seeing this sort of thing regularly. 

This is a super quick test where I paired it with the Buzzed Hair for Genesis/G2/G3 to see how it would manage on its own.   

Brugan said:

Thanks Richard!

twilightfalltest.jpg
    789 x 903 - 448K
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
    edited April 2017

@Brugan     

Am I the only one who's on the fence about the Warthog, sorry I mean Spartech Jumper in today's sale?

Opinions?

or

Too similar for my tastes, but I already grabbed it. Don't thinmk I'll return it. I always have that fear that something I use from Daz will be a prop form a known series and somebody will not be able to differentiate. Once, I had in my cart some white zombie- but someone said it was a character from Game of Thrones and sent me image links. Yeah, and the name was similar too. So I would have had to flip him in some way. Still kinda wanted that figure though..This is a tough one...

I do say his Spartech version is WAYYYYYYY better. He took every detail from theirs and extended the feature.

Now that you compare, you wish the new flip did more. Where's the guns? Or something -- or a closed canopy....

It does have the closed/open back option so maybe you out something back there yourself.

Probably could have lengthened it made it a longer vehicle for the full flip. 

-----------------

I also remember the commercial thread when it was being worked on and I googled the store and there was a similar-role vehicle. Can't find it now, but I do remember seeing it.

(Please limit image widths to 800 pixels. ~Mod)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
    edited April 2017

Ahhh this was it and it was on sale before

https://www.daz3d.com/mosv-medium-open-scout-vehicle

And it comes with the extra hitch

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • lx said:

Twilight Hair...

Oh...I didn't get that from the description.  I'm not really seeing the difference.  Thanks for letting me know.  I had no idea what a "fall" was....learn something new everyday. ;)

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Here's a perfect example to my complaint about the PC+ falls hair:

http://www.daz3d.com/dolly-changeable-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

Same artist, more features, MUCH more useful product description, cheaper price.

• jakiblue said:

It can be added to other hairs as it's a separate piece. It doesn't have any textures, and when using it if you don't have the original hair installed, it asks for that. It also relies on the transparency/opacity map from the original hair - I tried some iray hair shaders on it, but it looks crap without that transmap. It has a scale adjustment, and also left, right, flip, forward - back. And if you drill down ot the head of it, there are more (volume, short/long etc)

I didn't know what it was either. I have no idea what a 'fall' is - I thought it was just a play on the title on the original base hair. I'm still not sure whether it really should have been an "extra" product - perhaps if it was packaged with its own textures/transmap then ok. Although it CAN be used on its own, but not purchasable on its own, if you know what i mean. I'm hoping this won't become a standard thing for PC products - I already have my reservations about the whole "include one outfit texture/only 3 hair colours" with a product and then the rest as a separate product - so I'm not sure I'd be happy if we started seeing this sort of thing regularly. 

This is a super quick test where I paired it with the Buzzed Hair for Genesis/G2/G3 to see how it would manage on its own.   

Brugan said:

Thanks Richard!

It looks kinda cool as a separate hairpiece.  But, I still don't see it adding much to the original Twilight hair.  I've looked at the two products about 5 times, and I'm just not seeing much difference.  

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Goldtassel hair models.  But, I think this product could use some renders that show off a bit more of why I'd want to buy it.  The only thing I'm seeing in the current renders is that it makes the original hair slightly fuller.

It's not very expensive.  I might still pick it up just to add to other hairstyles.

This discussion has been closed.