Babes on a Budget

Comments

• ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596

Awesome work, I just went through your whole thread. Thanks for sharing these! smiley

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Very welcome!  I need to go and grab them myself, I keep getting distracted lol.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Nice job on Aiko.  She does look pretty good despite how old she is.  I like working with the older models, too.  I think there is still a lot to be said for some of them and they do really well with a fresh eye and a little TLC.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Thank you for the lovely comments guys! You put a big smile on my face. I'm sorry I've been away so long. I've been away from the forum due to the increasing censorship I've been seeing and experiencing. Once a forum gets so heavy handed with the censoring, it's hard to enjoy posting there. But, I'm still doing art and enjoying getting a few goodies here and there. 

Here's one of the characters I've been working on improving the skin of. I really enjoy trying to reach a level of almost realism. I think I got pretty close with her. :) 

I think the skin looks pretty good and it's as far into realism as I've been able to get so far. So, I'm pretty happy with the work I've done on her skin. Click to enlarge (if you want). :)

• Glad to see you're back!

Great work on the skin and glad to see you back!

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

welcome back, and well done!

Glad to see you're back!

Thank you. :) I'll try to post more often.

Great work on the skin and glad to see you back!

Thank you, my friend! You're one of the reasons I come back! hehe You're always really supportive and kind. I enjoy our PM conversations too! heart

edited June 2017

welcome back, and well done!

Thank you, DM! Time to poke my head into your art thread and see what you've been creating while I was away! smiley

Post edited by 3Diva on

Aww thank you!   I have enjoyed our conversations as well.  How did you like the book links?

Aww thank you!   I have enjoyed our conversations as well.  How did you like the book links?

Honestly I haven't read anything from them yet. I've been wanting to do some reading again, I miss it, but haven't been able to yet. I have your recommendations (bookbub and instafreebie) bookmarked under my "books to read" folder. I just need to get around to looking for good stories to dive into. 

I'm really loving Genesis 8! Such a nice step forward toward photo-realism! I have been trying to create some morphs for the figure, it's been slow going and kind of frustrating. But I've managed to do some fun things so far. I'm definitely going to be getting V8 and probably the face and body morphs. I'm torn on weather to get the V8 pro bundle (so that I can get the free V5, V6, and V7 pro bundles with it) but that would mean I have to pass up on the face and body morphs as I can't afford both. But I REALLY want the face and body morphs, so I'm considering just getting V8 + the face and body morphs. It's a tough choice. I'm pretty torn.

For now I'm having a blast with the base Genesis 8 figure! 

I'm really loving this figure line! Genesis 8 has definitely made a fan of me! Bravo, Daz, Bravo! :D

• These are fun-looking renders, and exactly the kind that will help people decide if they want to start experimenting with G8 right away. Are these textures the skins that come with G8 out of the box?

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

So glad  I stumbled on your thread, Diva. The skin in your renders is just fantastic. 

These are fun-looking renders, and exactly the kind that will help people decide if they want to start experimenting with G8 right away. Are these textures the skins that come with G8 out of the box?

Thanks, MM! :) It's the skin G8F came with, but with my own shader settings. She doesn't look that good out of the box, imo. 

23Cascade said:

So glad  I stumbled on your thread, Diva. The skin in your renders is just fantastic. 

Thank you! :D That's really nice of you to say. I've been really focused on trying to get realistic looking skin, so I'm glad it's working! :)

More fun with G8F! :D 

I know. I know. I totally need to start rendering with some backgrounds too. But, bleh, it takes ages to set up backgrounds and the render times increase by massive amounts. I do need to do renders with background more often though. 

• Your skin work is always fabulous. As for the backgrounds (or lack of) . . . I don't miss the backgrounds at all in these because you're showing off what you can do with G8. The absence of a background kinda lets the figure herself tell a little story.

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Welcome back!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Welcome back, Diva!  Nice to see you.  I really like the new renders.  Awesome skin settings.

Thanks so much for the compliments on the skin settings, guys! That really means a lot to me! I work hard on trying to get realistic skin, so it tickles me pink to get compliments on the skin (yeah, I know, I'm a sucker for compliments. I'm lame. lol).

If anyone is interested in the settings I'd be happy to share them. Just let me know. 

And now on to, VICTORIA 8! Oh My Goodness! I love her. I don't get the few people I've seen saying she's "ugly". What? Ugly!? All I can think of is that maybe they're just used to the ULTRA unrealistic figures that barely look human and the extremely over-Photoshopped images of people in the media. Because the first time we get a lovely figure that actually looks a bit more like a realistic looking woman (relatively speaking) some people say she's "ugly". Yikes.

I like her, I think she's a great step forward toward more realistic characters!

• I am one who admires your skin shader.

So all the details you can share would be great but I think the lighting has to be part of it.

I'd love to understand your thinking behing it to create such a good shader (if I can enlightened).

I am one who admires your skin shader.

So all the details you can share would be great but I think the lighting has to be part of it.

I'd love to understand your thinking behing it to create such a good shader (if I can enlightened).

Yeah, you're right - lighting does play a big role. I'm going to see about setting up a scene with my shader settings and lighting settings in it and share that. Just need to figure out how to share a scene like that. I'll post it when I figure it out. :)

This is my new favorite character mix - Victoria 8 (100%) mixed with The Girl 7 (12%).

She's so adorable, imo. :) I think she might be my new muse. 

• Thank you divamakeup, take your time.

Wow! She looks so good, great combo.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

She looks great!  If I had to guess at her character traits, I'd say smart, curious and subtly challenges authority.  

edited July 2017

I set up some scenes and some shader settings for you guys if you want them. You can download it here: http://sta.sh/01hgve7g4h6y   -After downloading it, extract the file then drop the file in your My Library folder. You should then be able to find the scenes and the skin shader settings under "My Library" >> "Scenes" >> "Divamakeup - Skin and Light Settings"

Included in the file are three scenes with 3 different lighting settings and 3 different skin shader settings. I've also included just the skin shaders separately if you just want to load those instead of the full scene with the lighting settings. 

The first and second scene is of Genesis 8 Female and I've only included what everyone with G8F should already have. Scene 1 includes G8F Skin Settings 1 and lighting with a subtle hand painted HDR. Scene 1 looks like this:

Scene 2 includes different lighting and skin settings for G8F - it looks like this:

The third scene is of Victoria 8 and includes skin shader settings for Victoria 8 (so scene 3 requires Victoria 8 to work properly). It looks like this:

I hope you guys find these scenes, lighting, and skin shader settings helpful. Let me know if there are any issues loading the scenes.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

Those are so cool Diva! I'm going to try them tomorrow.I especially love all the subtle lavenders in the first one. Thank you for these!