DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Spit. you said it was like other stores don't exist. If that is true it is the responsibility of the content creators at the other stores to do the metadata and DAZ has absolutely no way of controlling if or how it is done. So the other stores not seeming to exist lays squarly at the feet of the content producers at other stores.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited January 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...could you post a sceenshot of how this looks in windows? I'm sort of following it but still have a few questions.

Let's see if I can do this without screwing up big time.

The first image is the list of the directories I created; the second shows how the directories are defined to studio; and the third is the way the gen5 directory looks after content is installed to it. Please note that I did NOT create any of the structure under gen5 myself.

gen5-subdir.jpg
    840 x 525 - 130K
    s4-my-dir.jpg
    832 x 524 - 120K
    S4-dir.jpg
    468 x 452 - 66K
    Post edited by namffuak on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Spit. you said it was like other stores don't exist. If that is true it is the responsibility of the content creators at the other stores to do the metadata and DAZ has absolutely no way of controlling if or how it is done. So the other stores not seeming to exist lays squarly at the feet of the content producers at other stores.

You're right, Khory, but I didn't explain myself very well. DAZ should know there's a strong possibility that vendors in other stores won't bother with the metadata so DAZ should have given us a way to work around it. I appreciate that DAZ went to the trouble of putting metadata in much of the older stuff. We only have to reset and download. And that makes the lack of it from other vendors even more glaring. Oh well, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Well - I still don't use CMS and I am still using my many external runtimes sorted by me and things inside renamed and sorted by me.
    In Dazstudio I just use the Tree view and all is well.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Well - I still don't use CMS and I am still using my many external runtimes sorted by me and things inside renamed and sorted by me.

Thanks, Kerya. Sounds good to me. Instead of fretting about it I think I'll just dig in. :-)

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Kerya said:

Thanks, Kerya. Sounds good to me. Instead of fretting about it I think I'll just dig in. :-)

That's the spirit!!!

I gave up on the whole Smart Content thing pretty early on, realising that trying to adapt everything to it, changing categories, editing all the dsx files etc, would be a full time, and thankless task! So I still use my current system of multiple runtimes across multiple drives, organised the way I want it, which therefore means I can find anything I want to in no time. (Figuratively, not literally that is. To manage doing anything in no time at all would at the very least require me to move faster than the speed of light, which at my age is pushing it!)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...could you post a sceenshot of how this looks in windows? I'm sort of following it but still have a few questions.

The first image is the list of the directories I created; the second shows how the directories are defined to studio; and the third is the way the gen5 directory looks after content is installed to it. Please note that I did NOT create any of the structure under gen5 myself.

...thank you, that helps.

So basically, when you install Genesis/Gen5 content, you just direct it to the Gen5 folder and let it go through the normal install routine where it creates/populates the various subfolders.

Also did you just map the "S4 Stuff" folder or do each one of the individual folders need to be mapped separately?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    namffuak said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...thank you, that helps.

So basically, when you install Genesis/Gen5 content, you just direct it to the Gen5 folder and let it go through the normal install routine where it creates/populates the various subfolders.

Yup. And I put all the Generation 4 items in the Gen4 folder, and so forth.

Also did you just map the "S4 Stuff" folder or do each one of the individual folders need to be mapped separately?

I map all the individual folders. Each is effectively a separate content or runtime folder. My layout represents a total re-install I started after studio 4 came out. You might want to set up a folder for genesis and then add all your studio 3 folders into the studio 4 list.

One other item. That 'mydata' folder at the top of the DAZ Studio directory list - Studio stores scene data and other such in the data folder of the FIRST studio format folder in the list - so I set that one up specifically for the scenes to make backups easier.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...thanks again.

If I add the Studio3 folders to the Studio4 list, will I be able to access them with Studio3Advanced?

The reason this concerns me is I will still be running 3Advanced (64 bit) so I can use LDP2/Azure Skies and Reality2 (LDP2 doesn't work in 4.5 and I can't afford to upgrade to Reality 2.5 or the forthcoming Reality3). As I understand, I can set up and pose Genesis characters in 4.5 and save them as .objs to be imported in 3Advanced. I know this may sound odd considering the workstation should have little trouble rendering the newer UE light sets, but I still like the look that LDP2 gives to certain types of scenes.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Dr Stupid said:
    Spit said:
    Kerya said:

That's the spirit!!!

I gave up on the whole Smart Content thing pretty early on, realising that trying to adapt everything to it, changing categories, editing all the dsx files etc, would be a full time, and thankless task! So I still use my current system of multiple runtimes across multiple drives, organised the way I want it, which therefore means I can find anything I want to in no time. (Figuratively, not literally that is. To manage doing anything in no time at all would at the very least require me to move faster than the speed of light, which at my age is pushing it!)
    I do the same. Also because I use Poser as well as DS so I don't bother with metadata and support files at all. :-)
    The only thing that may be not so easy to do is just because of all my external runtimes I sometimes want to use something that's not in one I'm added already :-P but then again, I'm used to it and adding one when I want to use it after-all is very easy nowadays.

Love, Jeanne :)

edited January 2013

JeanneM said:
    Dr Stupid said:
    Spit said:
    Kerya said:

That's the spirit!!!

I do the same. Also because I use Poser as well as DS so I don't bother with metadata and support files at all. :-)
    The only thing that may be not so easy to do is just because of all my external runtimes I sometimes want to use something that's not in one I'm added already :-P but then again, I'm used to it and adding one when I want to use it after-all is very easy nowadays.

Love, Jeanne :)

And another comes out of the closet! Thanks for adding your voice, Jeanne

The only thing I'm doing that is a little extra beyond install, organize, and forget is eliminating metadata from being processed after installing exe's into my temp install folder for Poser stuff. I just don't like to clutter up a db with records that are invalid from the gitgo. Probably not even necessary if I periodically go into database management and select 'remove orphaned file references'.

I haven't used Poser for years so have had almost total flexibility in organizing my 212 gigs of runtimes and I'm satisfied with that.

Post edited by Spit on
  • MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Follow up: Not that anybody cares but here I go...

So I followed DoctorJellyBean's uninstall and reinstall formula down to the letter and installed 4.5.1.56.
    No difference... scene bloat is a very real issue! It takes anywhere from 7 to 16 minutes or more for a scene to load.
    Mind you these scenes are heavy with autofit and mesh smoothing in place and a bunch of other things like fitted hair and so forth.
    Still it is so unbelievavbly slow and very frustrating when you wanna just in there and get going... oh well! (:(
    I may look into trying the raid system as my new setup is ready for it; install programs on a fast hdd or ssd drive and everything else on a 1 tb hdd or hybrid.
    But I'll have to reinstall again... waaaahhhh! {:O

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited December 1969

just a simple question

on announce i read DAZStudio_4.5.1.56

after reset on my account i have DAZStudio_4.5.1.49_Win64_Bundle.zip - PC

does that version is same as annouced?

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

cm152335 said:
    just a simple question

I may be wrong, but I think that's what you get when you reset the beta. If you do a reset on, or "purchase", the current release candidate you should get 4.5.1.56.

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited December 1969

Dr Stupid said:
    cm152335 said:
    just a simple question

I may be wrong, but I think that's what you get when you reset the beta. If you do a reset on, or "purchase", the current release candidate you should get 4.5.1.56.

how many days i must do RESET?

before it was the 19 and after reset the 49 is comin, but not the 56!

anyway, as usual they will fix ,,
    thx.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I have in my Itemized Order History:
    Daz Studio 4 Pro
    Daz Studio Pro Beta
    Resetting the Daz Studio 4 Pro gave me the correct files.

• BraincellsBraincells Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Hi, just to be clear and on the safe side: I want to update from 4.5.0.114 to DAZStudio_4.5.1.56_Mac64.
    Do I have to uninstall 4.5.0.114 (by simply trashing the application), then uninstall the CMS separately or is it enough to just run the 4.5.1.56_Mac64 installer and the new Genesis Content installer so it will just override the default installation?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,235
    edited December 1969

mardook said:
    Follow up: Not that anybody cares but here I go...

So I followed DoctorJellyBean's uninstall and reinstall formula down to the letter and installed 4.5.1.56.
    No difference... scene bloat is a very real issue! It takes anywhere from 7 to 16 minutes or more for a scene to load.
    Mind you these scenes are heavy with autofit and mesh smoothing in place and a bunch of other things like fitted hair and so forth.
    Still it is so unbelievavbly slow and very frustrating when you wanna just in there and get going... oh well! (:(
    I may look into trying the raid system as my new setup is ready for it; install programs on a fast hdd or ssd drive and everything else on a 1 tb hdd or hybrid.
    But I'll have to reinstall again... waaaahhhh! {:O

Autofitted content, and legacy content (Poser-format items) will push the size of scene files as they don't have saved assets they can refer to, unless you save them as assets yourself.

• stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

As I normally would only post issues this time I thought it necessary to post a satisfactory experience. everything seems to work as intended, the OpenGL problems are gone, Files open new and old or previous with no problems(except where I have moved runtimes, not a DAZ issue, just my own forgetfulness).

I can say now at least for me that I can rely more on 4.5 although I still use version 3 more because of my plugins.

For those having issues, hopefully they get them ironed out with the next update, I know what your going through, been there. For those that are having the same experience(or similar), thumbs up on this update.

edited December 1969

stumpc said:
    As I normally would only post issues this time I thought it necessary to post a satisfactory experience. everything seems to work as intended, the OpenGL problems are gone, Files open new and old or previous with no problems(except where I have moved runtimes, not a DAZ issue, just my own forgetfulness).

I can say now at least for me that I can rely more on 4.5 although I still use version 3 more because of my plugins.

For those having issues, hopefully they get them ironed out with the next update, I know what your going through, been there. For those that are having the same experience(or similar), thumbs up on this update.

I totally agree with the thumbs up on this release. Absolutely.

• Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited January 2013

Finally getting around to trying to install ...56 (32-bit).

Usually I let the program do it's think and have no problems. This time around I am getting the error message(see image) as it tries to uninstall existing version.

Please advise what I need to do.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

EDIT ADD: Forgot to mention, when I go to DAZ uninstall directly I get:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers\Remove-DAZStudio4_32Bit.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Error_Message_during_Uninstall_step.jpg
    502 x 148 - 25K
    Post edited by Robert952 on
  • TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Wow. I see I'm WAY behind.

Oops, not many Megabytes left. Better wait till February.

edited December 1969

robert952 said:

Usually I let the program do it's think and have no problems. This time around I am getting the error message(see image) as it tries to uninstall existing version.

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers\Remove-DAZStudio4_32Bit.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Is your anitvirus running? Some are very agressive about not allowing one program to execute another. Did you change AV programs/setting since your last install?

• stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited January 2013

robert952 said:

Had the same problem with the 64bit install, had to delete the previous uninstaller(it was somehow corrupted, hence the error) located in the program folder which in your case would be in:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers

Just delete that file and it should allow the new install and place a new uninstaller to that folder.

Hope that helps.

Post edited by stump3point1 on
  • borgtrekkerborgtrekker Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Question regarding DAZ updates.
    Will DAZ ever come out with an auto-updater option instead of us having to re-download every time? Seems like it would be a really good thing to do instead of the way we are doing it now... After all this process works for most other programs we use. I am not speaking of version updates just bug fixing updates.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

I am having issues with DS 4.5.1.56.

edited December 1969

I recently updated Daz Studio from 4.5.1.49 to 4.5.1.56 due to the dreaded scene bloat.
    While that did not solve the issue, a new problem has arisen. I regret having installed
    this newest update as it resolved nothing but created more issues. 4.5.1.49 was stable enough
    but the saved files were massive and took quite a long time to open. Anyway, I finally had
    time this evening to tinker around with 4.5.1.56 when DS crashed. I was actually trying to
    reconstruct a scene that I had done before. I went to save and then crash. I opened DS and got
    this error after clicking away the annoying lesson strip yada yada. I tried to click the link to
    report the bug/error and the login did not work.

Here is the error below for those technically savvy with DAZ.

I really don't know what any of this means.

Error_02.jpg
    1213 x 960 - 262K
    edited December 1969

Here's a follow-up image!

Error_03.jpg
    1209 x 960 - 244K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited January 2013

mardook said:
    I was actually trying to
    reconstruct a scene that I had done before. I went to save and then crash. I opened DS and got
    this error after clicking away the annoying lesson strip yada yada. I tried to click the link to
    report the bug/error and the login did not work.

Here is the error below for those technically savvy with DAZ.

I really don't know what any of this means.

Update your video card drivers...

Which Nvidia card do you have?

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    When DAZ uses .6 I think that they mean .06 which is earlier than .56.

Yes, read the change log linked to in the first post...

They aren't decimals - if they were they would have only one point. They are integers separated by full stops, 56 is bigger than 6.

Doesn't matter how many dots in the equation ... software companies have long trained their customers that anything after the dot is counted as decimals would be ... and hence yes this is a confusion here. The update from .6 would be .7 [and .6 would have been an upgrade from .5 and .56 would have been an upgrade from .5] And upgrades were to involve minor detail changes so that most if not all of the plugins and content would work in "any" of the main number. For eg. anything made for 3, would work in all versions starting with 3. If a major change was made to a program, the main number was to be changed. So no, one would go from 4.0 to 4.5 ; one would go from 4.0 to 5.anything
    And honestly making it so that one has to have a computer for every version of a program is a rather cumbersome concept. The worse case scenario should be workable under another user name.
    Every extra loop created for whatever reason well ...

So as 4.5.1.6 hasn't been working all that smoothly on my laptop, time out to uninstall and reinstall yet again ...
    And ... maybe for the next upgrade some dear coder will enable this series to work on the same computer as 4.0 "just because".
    Thank you.