Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    Llynara said:

Oh, they are cute! I shop there a lot too. Just got the new Fabiana Glitter shaders and DM's new set (it's BOGO, yay!) And I picked up Fabiana's AlterGlow products. They are a really neat emissive shader system. I've been working on a render with those, will post today.

Fabiana glitter shaders? Awesome! Oh, wait. I'm not going to spend any more money. Really I'm not. Those glitter shaders don't tempt me at all. Not at all. Ooh - presets for the Fabiana sheers shaders I bought there recently. Got to have! No. Not tempted. Not in the slightest. Wow - body glitter presets! I'm not in the least bit interested, honestly.

They are so going to on my hard drive by the end of the day. Sigh... :)

I'm playing with those next! Between her glitter shaders and Ron's glitter brushes, psds, etc, I'm going to have some major fun blinging things out! 

Here's a render with Fabiana's AlterGlow, AlterLove and AlterPlanets, plus Marshian's Body of Light and Iggy's Gemology Iray Shaders. I love how it turned out. Click for a bigger pic and zoom in to see the details. 

"Lifted"

May love lighten your burdens
    And wash the dust from your weary soul.

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Darnit. I was sure I was onto something with David. Side by side, their features are very close when looking at the one with no skin map. 

The emissives in that render eally set it apart, Llynara. Incredible work. I love the soft glow of the heart. 

Heh... here is the point I am at on this contest... 

Tween Julie 7? 

:D 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

@deathbycanon, no, it isn't even https://www.daz3d.com/llola-s-lovely-ladies. But you found something that looks very similar, so I see why you guessed that one.

Cute little animals, @Novica. I like the curvy shapes and nice sheen on them.

Wow, that is a gorgeous afterglow image, @Llynara!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

People of Earth: Faces of Europe?

Heh. So... NOT Tween Julie? 

I just went slowly through the entire G3F library. I thought Bethany 5 or one of her characters might be a good guess - but I didn't see anyone there with the rounded nose, smaller eyes, high cheekbones, and wide, hanging chin. You would think in a library full of female characters with pointy little chins, narrow angular noses and big, soft full cheeks and big round eyes that a character with this visage would stick out. 

Demora for Genesis 3 Female has a lot of the right features, chin, jawline, high cheeks, rounder nose... but I don't see the soft hanging underchin, and she has probably already been guessed. 

https://www.daz3d.com/demora-for-genesis-3-female

Her lips are too full and her jaw line doesn't droop enough... but I feel like her nose is spot on. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Llynara- quite stunning!

It can't be Demora, that's a character. She's already stated it isn't one. 

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    edited March 2017

@Novica thsoe are cute, they remind me of my dogs sqeeky toys. :) 

@Llynara that's beautiful, and I'm with Don, that glowing heart is fabtastic

​@Brabult darn it, I thought I had it, a whole pack full of older ladies with no skin textures! lol This is fun, and gives me a reason to NOT clean the house between test renders. laugh

Post edited by deathbycanon on

It is not People of Earth. Please check the list that Novica made of things that have already been guessed and are wrong. It will save you a lot of time and energy.

I have stated in a big clue, that it is not a character, so you can stop guessing those, too. The product is shaping only; no skin.

Please check back to the original contest announcement post or Novica's list for clues. Those will probably eliminate 95% of the Daz Store catalog.

edited March 2017

This is a Rendo car, I really want something that looks modern. This car is amazing, the hood opens and is fully loaded, the interior opens up and very detailed (haven't even STARTED on that yet.)  The trunk also opens.  If you put "car" in the search engine over there, you'll see a nice variety, including SUV's.

You may have to totally shader some of the older models (if it says Daz Studio 4.3, etc)  This is done from scratch, and hasn't been easy, there's so many small parts and things you just have to "catch." Meaning, the stupid tire front and the sides are two different zones, only one is listed in the Scene breakdown, so if you think you are shading the entire tire, you get a surprise (and not a good one.)  However, it's nice that the small details ALSO have their own material zone, even the discs in the interior wheel wells are separate. Those tires took a long time to get what I wanted. You can see how weird the interior is (never seen that before) as I haven't started on that yet. 

I do have a question- what glass shader would be recommended for car glass? This is just using the thin glass that comes with the studio (in the group with the Uber Base.) 

car.png
    950 x 675 - 575K
    car2.png
    950 x 675 - 814K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,693
    Llynara said:
    Llynara said:

Oh, they are cute! I shop there a lot too. Just got the new Fabiana Glitter shaders and DM's new set (it's BOGO, yay!) And I picked up Fabiana's AlterGlow products. They are a really neat emissive shader system. I've been working on a render with those, will post today.

Fabiana glitter shaders? Awesome! Oh, wait. I'm not going to spend any more money. Really I'm not. Those glitter shaders don't tempt me at all. Not at all. Ooh - presets for the Fabiana sheers shaders I bought there recently. Got to have! No. Not tempted. Not in the slightest. Wow - body glitter presets! I'm not in the least bit interested, honestly.

They are so going to on my hard drive by the end of the day. Sigh... :)

I'm playing with those next! Between her glitter shaders and Ron's glitter brushes, psds, etc, I'm going to have some major fun blinging things out! 

Here's a render with Fabiana's AlterGlow, AlterLove and AlterPlanets, plus Marshian's Body of Light and Iggy's Gemology Iray Shaders. I love how it turned out. Click for a bigger pic and zoom in to see the details. 

"Lifted"

May love lighten your burdens
    And wash the dust from your weary soul.

Wow, beautiful and great concept!

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Nice cherry red sports car! Can the stuff at Rendo be used in commercial renders? I like lots of their stuff, but I haven't bought much because of not knowing the TOU.

I did guess that it was G3 yesterday and looked twice through every G3 character! Unless for some reason this character is not showing up in search... So strange that none of us can find it! 

That car looks great - even the interior is coming along good. There are a lack of good every-day cars - and most of them require a lot of extra effort to get shaded just right. I've managed to build up a good collection including pickups, every day compacts, luxury vehicles like Bentleys and the Range Rover, old American muscle, even a camper van. Some are in worse repair than others, especially in regards to interiors. I'm doing some file maintenance on my content library right now - when it gets done, I'll do a render of my garage and see if I can remember where I found them all. 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thank you all! That one was challenging but so worth it. I love playing with shiny and glowy stuff, hee hee.

That sports car is really cool, Novica. Which vendor is that? 1971s, maybe? He's got some neat models. It's definitely worth checking both stores. There are so many new and innovative products coming out in both. It's murder to the pocketbook but so much fun in the runtime! 

I'll have to look again and see if I can figure out what barbult used for that older lady. I have no clue!

I did guess that it was G3 yesterday and looked twice through every G3 character! Unless for some reason this character is not showing up in search... So strange that none of us can find it! 

Clue 3 stated that it is NOT a character. The product is a shaping preset; there is no skin; it is NOT a character. This has been repeated several times. I added all the clues to the original contest posting, too, for people who come late to the party and are just now seeing that post. I'm sorry this important information is not being noticed. Please don't waste time looking at any characters, @Wonderland.

edited March 2017

Back to the contest: Fantasy Creature Creator morph pack does have a similar morph but I think it was mentioned before...

IMG_3882.JPG
    1000 x 1300 - 89K
    Post edited by Wonderland on

The outside of your car looks wonderful, @Novica. That is a nice looking vehicle.

The inside that you haven't worked on yet looks like it has some kind of error on the surfaces. Those grids that look like UV maps are strange.

I look forward to seeing how you finish it up.

edited March 2017

New clues to the mini contest for guessing which shaping preset I used on G3F.

Clue 4: The product contains more than one shaping preset. The main product promo shows a different one than the one I chose. You have to look at the additional product promo images to see the preset that I used. You can't just skim through the store pages and look at the main product thumbnail.

Clue 5: The first letter of both the vendor name and the product name are in the last half of the alphabet.

Edit to clue 5: Oops - there are multiple vendors listed. Not all are in the last half of the alphabet.

Post edited by barbult on

Back to the contest: Fantasy Creature Creator morph pack does have a similar morph but I think it was mentioned before...

Yes, it was mentioned and rejected. Please keep looking.

Was FaceGen mentioned? And thanks to this contest, I now have like $300 worth of more stuff added to my wishlist... Daz should really make this an official thing, much better than their hidden secret banner sales concept! 

Was FaceGen mentioned? And thanks to this contest, I now have like $300 worth of more stuff added to my wishlist... Daz should really make this an official thing, much better than their hidden secret banner sales concept! 

Yes it was guessed. Please check Novica's list before guessing.
    I'll be offline for a couple hours.
    edited March 2017

The car is Aster Meison  wink  I'm looking at the ReadMe and the files I installed. There is a folder called UV's but it doesn't say where to put it, I rather thought that went with the "OBJs" for other programs. For Daz it simply said to put such and such in the Runtime, which I did. Where would I put a folder labeled UVs that has jpgs? 

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

LLola's lovely ladies

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Ahh  this one : ULTRAGENESIS : Faces of G ? 

https://www.daz3d.com/ultragenesis-faces-of-g

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

You may be right, it looks like one of the Karen faces.

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited March 2017

Looks like you got it!

I own the product but the thumbnails as too small and even if I looked at it I didn't spot it (Gumdrop granny).

Congrats!

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
This discussion has been closed.