Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited March 2017

It's that time again! Posting the top favs of the month. and I'm surprised I didn't post more renders in February. It really turned out to be a crazy one for me. 

Llynara's Top 5 DAZ Products: 

1. Mariposa for Genevieve 7Renders 1 & 2 Easily one of my favorite gals to work with. Genevieve 7 brings some interesting looks and morphs to the gene pool and so does Darwin's latest female character. Great combo! 
    2. First Light Skydome and HDRIRender 1 This is a stunning set, limited only by your imagination. Mariposa is in this render too, as well as Diesel for Elijah 7,
    3. Elijah 7 : Render 1 : 2 This is actually Darwin's Diesel for Elijah 7, who isn't out yet, so I'll just say Elijah 7. Like Genevieve, he brings some interesting new shapes and morphs to Genesis 3. 
    4. FWSA Taia for V7 Renders1 Renders 2-4  I hadn't gotten around to rendering her till this month, and wow! She really is a knockout! Lots of incredible makeup options too. Her skin looks different under different lights as well. A gorgeous and versatile character, she'll be starring as my trouble maker Karma in my Black Kat series- a Super with luck powers. Here she is painting the town in a blingy Elvis suit!
    5. The Shader Plan: Satin TextilesRenders 1 & 2 Just beginning to play with these. They are very beautiful and can totally change the look of an outfit. Here Hugh is wearing Casual Styles for G3M dressed up with the shaders to look more formal. Barbult has done some very nice renders with these shaders too. 

Llynara's Top 5 Non-DAZ Products: 

1. Sveva Lumiere Lights: Wow, are these ever beautiful. I used them in the hot tub render and in the FWSA Taia renders mentioned above.
    2. Lil Flame Heart Bath for DAZ: A beautiful and versatile set that I used in the hot tub render (along with textures and poses listed here.) This is a complete romantic photo studio with bath tub. I got it for $4 and it's now on Prime Flash again for the same price. Great deal! While you're at it, grab Sveva's astounding Passion for Heart bath texture set and Zeddicuss' Sensual Bathtime Poses to go with it. All are on Prime right now for cheapie cheap! 
    3. EVGA GeForce 1050Ti 4GB DDR5 Graphics Card: Can't say enough great things about this card. Just upgraded from a 750Ti 2GB card, which served me well. Probably the most painless upgrade I've ever done. Being a bargain queen, I used Amazon gift cards from Christmas and paid less than $100 to upgrade to this great, affordable card. I highly recommend it if you're on a slower card and have an older computer like I do.  
    4. Huion New 1060 PLUS Graphics Tablet- An early birthday present to myself, bought on recommedations by other artists in the Create Amazing 3D Art FB Group. I love it! Still getting used to it, but nice, large tablet with lots of programmable buttons. The wireless, rechargeable pen holds its charge for a long time. Loving the results in photoshop! My first efforts with pressure sensitive brushes are below. 
    5. Rebelle Painting Program: A friend in one of the DAZ FB Groups told me about this groundbreaking program, which allows you to paint watercolor, acrylics, and other mediums in traditional ways on the computer. He created some beautiful backgrounds he made with this program for a rendering challenge. My renders are posted below. Grab it with this Smith Micro coupon for just $19 (offer still works, though it says it expired.)
    Post edited by Llynara on
    edited March 2017

Some renders I am playing with against the Rebelle backgrounds that Robert Ellis made in Val Cameron's Create Amazing 3D Art FB Group. Great group, and it's free. Almost 2000 talented members there.

Narcissus and Echo against the "Bridge of Ellis" background (stole them from my genie cover, still working on reflections):

"I've Got the Rum!" WIP with "Ellis Island" background (yeah, my avatar had a bad day and took Capt Jack's rum or rather, whisky!)

Note: Click for massively huge pics. 

Rob Ellis Challenge5.jpg
    1880 x 1057 - 1019K
    Ive Got the Rum.jpg
    2071 x 914 - 1M
    edited March 2017

"Remembrance" (WIP)

Inspired by "The Eternal Rest of Ronin

Remembrance2.jpg
    2400 x 2676 - 791K
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Very lovely, Llynara.  Very emotive. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

That's beautiful!  Very evocative!

edited March 2017

Thank you! This one took me by surprise- both at where I started and where I ended up. Almost nothing I planned to use was in the final render except Anna for V7 by Anagord (Rendo.) Such a beautiful and versatile character. There is a sadness about her features that works well here.

I only meant to do a render, but got inspired by music and now I have a name and a story...sigh. And I'm still stuck in Superhero Land and trying to get that book written! I need to be an immortal to write everything I want to write. 

So this character is talking to me (yes, they do that!) Her name is Na'ime (nigh-eem), which means "pleasant" or "peaceful" in Turkish. She is the songstress for the dead, serenading them to ease their transition to the next realm. Except she's got a stubborn one that doesn't want to go. That would be the hero. Of course...

I may have to do a render of him soon. I swear, I never know where the creative process is going to take me, but it's always a fun ride.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Really beautiful Llynara!

edited March 2017

Thanks!

Here's a quick test render of Raj, Redz's new character over at Rendo. He's got some great options and is half price right now. Wanted to do a desert sunset, but half of my desert sets are in 3Delight and the others aren't cooperating. Tried Terradome and the render took forever. I really need to learn how to use it properly! Raj rendered by himself in 2 minutes and looks great. I used the Dry Mud Desert here in 3Delight and put it behind him in Photoshop. Click for full pic, and click again to zoom in.

Farran.jpg
    1132 x 1324 - 535K
    edited March 2017

Here he is showing off his tats. Gorgeous! I'll put him in more of an Egyptian setting soon. 

Click for more hunkaliciousness.

Raj2.jpg
    1558 x 1376 - 257K
    edited March 2017

One more of Raj, this time in the BOSS studiio:

Raj3.jpg
    1138 x 1178 - 394K
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Fabulous renders Llynara. I'm delighted you're enjoying Raj :D 

edited March 2017

@Redz - I'm loving your guys! You do such wonderful work. Raj and Shadowborn are my favs so far. I still need to play with Luca and Byron, plus your hair system. My pesky day job keeps getting in the way of my rendering time, LOL. But I have to pay for my 3D addiction somehow! 

PS. I made sure to put them up in my Rendo gallery since I can link them there. I'll tweak the lighting a bit more (they seem a bit dark to me) and post them in the galleries here too.

I've got to stay away from the RDNA blowout. Wow, I am blowing out my bank account on that one. Picked up lots of great, older stuff, and will start rendering it soon. The problem for me is finding it. OMG, some of that old stuff gets stuck all over the place, and then I forget I have it, and since I have the "hide stuff I own" box checked, I forget it exists. Time to go shopping in my runtime and start rendering these puppies!

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

I just wiped myself out on the utilities sale. I hadn't spent much at all so far, but today wiped out my Gift Card. 

Headshop Oneclick, NGS anagenessis 2, Brow Remover, Hand Knights, Filghty Dirty IRay Shaders, Carrara Modelling Tutorials and the big one, Hexagon Revisted, for $54... 

And earlier today the Genesis Starter Kit and Classic Bikini kit, which are both Hexagon tutorials, for $8.38. 

I think it is time to stop building and start learning how to make more than plank benches. :) 

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

I just read that last post again, and found myself asking, "what the heck is Hand Knights and why did I buy that?!?" 

Hand Knits. 

I've had a long day. 

LOL Mine was long too. Here's hoping for a better one for both of us! 

I just read that last post again, and found myself asking, "what the heck is Hand Knights and why did I buy that?!?" 

Hand Knits. 

I've had a long day. 

Laughed out loud when I read this!  I do that all the time. 

Looking through older clothing, and this is in the store as a required product for some other products, but there's no option to buy or wishlist it: http://www.daz3d.com/v3-morphing-starlet-dress

I find that really strange!

Llynara said:

Looking through older clothing, and this is in the store as a required product for some other products, but there's no option to buy or wishlist it: http://www.daz3d.com/v3-morphing-starlet-dress

I find that really strange!

That is probably a glitch.  I just reported it for you. Hopefully, it shouldn't take long to fix it.

• This is fixed, thanks to Jen

Thanks, Knittingmommy, Richard and Jen!

edited March 2017

This month's challenge is "What's Old is New Again" and boy am I going to have fun with that. I've been coveting some of the older clothes for a while, trying to figure out how to get them on newer figures, because I really didn't care for how the older models looked when they loaded up in their default modes. V3 looks like some kind of space alien with crazy big, pointy nipples when you load her up. But then I discovered some wonderful older textures and characters to go on them, and I'll admit, I'm hooked. Working with the older characters isn't bad, it's just difficult to find stuff. But I already have that issue every freaking time I work with anything in DAZ or Poser, so nothing new there. 

Here is Vega for V3 wearing Princess of Atlantis for the Morphing Fantasy Dress (should work on all versions.) She loaded up and rendered in Iray beautifully even without shaders: 

Here I added Anagenesis for the skin, OOT for the hair and DA Fabric shader for the dress. The differences are very subtle. I'm not sure the Anagenesis shaders took to the skin, since it's an older model, but the skin looks very good. The dress also looked great as is. Will render it in an few minutes on a G3F.

Vega V3b.png
    944 x 910 - 751K
    Vega V3c.png
    944 x 910 - 753K
    edited March 2017

Ooh, lookie! V7 has joined her in her own MFD with the same textures. They are both so gorgeous! 

Vega and V7.png
    944 x 910 - 1M
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    Llynara said:

Ooh, lookie! V7 has joined her in her own MFD with the same textures. They are both so gorgeous! 

Wow that dress texture looks amazing!! 

edited March 2017

Can you believe these textures are over a decade old? I'm not exactly sure how old they are, but the product page looks ancient. The promo pictures for many of the older sets don't do them justice. It would be great to see some newer promo pics for these old sets. I bet they'd sell a lot more of them.

It's going to be fun this month exploring how they render in Iray. I'm already pleasantly surprised at the results!

PS. I'm going to put Raj in some M3 warrior stuff and see how that turns out. laugh

I just picked up Vicky3 the other day.  I also have aiko 3.  Not much clothing for either one but, the morphing fantasy dresses will take all of the textures across generations.  So if you have other textures for say G2F MFD it will work on all of them.  And there are a TON of textures out for that.  I'm currently playing with Sickleyields dress rig product, now that I'm a bit more comfortable with it I am going to see if I can go backwards as well.

I agree there a lot of older outfits that just need a little TLC to look great.  You did a great job with this outfit and Vega!

edited March 2017

Thanks! I really love Vega. She's classically beautiful. I also picked up Shahara, one of Sydd's lovely characters. Many of them are in the RDNA/DAZ Original Deal and can be bought for pennies on the dollar today! Shahara also has an aged skin and an overlay set for many more options. Got them for around 20 cents each today! I'm downloading a bunch of stuff now and will post more renders soon.

Feel free to join in the fun here. Dig up your oldies but goodies and let's have a V3 party! (Or any golden oldies will do!) 

Have you seen the beautiful monster characters from Sydd Raven?  They are a for V4 but are very cool.  And pretty creepy too lol.

• NathNath Posts: 2,712

Here's a quickie to kick off the party :-). V3, character Earwyn (rendo), Anemone Hair, Forest Songs top/skirt; light is the Hi-Key set. Character and clothes converted to Iray Uber

20170309_V3_iray_hikey.jpg
    893 x 1056 - 470K