Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)

17810121346

Comments

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,719
    edited February 2017

    Ooh, that is very cool! I likey! It could be a country church or creepy church. 

    Post edited by Llynara on
  • SerumSerum Posts: 229
    Llynara said:

    Ooh, that is very cool! I likey!

    thanks it still needs some work and final detailing before i submit it theres some bits im not happy with i get back on it tomorrow though

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,719

    Can't wait to see what you do with it. I'm sure it'll look great!

  • SerumSerum Posts: 229

    i want it to have the same sort of feel to my asylum https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/the-asylum-wing/117082/

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,719

    I didn't realize you were over there too. I'll definitely check out your store!

  • SerumSerum Posts: 229
    Llynara said:

    I didn't realize you were over there too. I'll definitely check out your store!

    i try to be everywhere but rendo is dead these days. eventually my stuff on there will go up on my store

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,415

    I hope everyone feels better!  I love the church, or it could be a creepy schoolhouse as well.  I did find your website and signed up the other day.

    Llynara I am very much looking forward to your next book!

  • Serum said:

    Yep, they are insidious that way! It's like they can read our minds sometimes! :)

    as a PA myself all i can say to that is mwahahaha

    Hah! I knew it!  ;)

    Cool sneaky peak!  I like that! Looks good. 

  • SerumSerum Posts: 229

    I hope everyone feels better!  I love the church, or it could be a creepy schoolhouse as well.  I did find your website and signed up the other day.

    Llynara I am very much looking forward to your next book!

     

    Serum said:

    Yep, they are insidious that way! It's like they can read our minds sometimes! :)

    as a PA myself all i can say to that is mwahahaha

    Hah! I knew it!  ;)

    Cool sneaky peak!  I like that! Looks good. 

    thanks :)

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,719

    Llynara I am very much looking forward to your next book!

    Thanks- I should have a beta ready sometime next month. Very excited about it. The Supers are hilarious in this one, and Hugh is deliciously wicked at times. He's on the next cover, and today's purchases are going to really help a LOT. Can't wait! 

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,719
    edited February 2017

    Posted on FB, but thought I'd share here too: 

    I spent last night desperately searching for a mentally challenged chicken. I swear, I can't make this shit up. That's why I write comedy. Then the toddler decided that 3 am was a perfectly good time to get up and play. Bye bye writing time! Later, as we were leaving the house, we found the missing chicken. He was crossing the road- the driveway, actually. Apparently he had some all night party to attend, even though there are a bunch of ladies waiting in the hen house for him. There's something seriously wrong with that rooster! 

    I'll post a picture of him soon. I don't think I have any chickens in my runtime yet. Shocking, I know.

    Oh, and Hugh didn't like ANY of the stuff I bought yesterday for the book cover. Fickle illusionist! I tried different hairs on him, even tried giving him a makeover as a G3M. Nope, not gonna do it. He's stuck as a G2M with Fraser hair. Turned out the new stuff works great on his missing brother Dale. If the Supers can ever find him, he'll look downright smashing! 

    Post edited by Llynara on
  • Geez, Llynara, that reads just like your book!  Now, I'm wondering how much in the book actually came from real life! :)  Of course, as a writer, I probably already know the answer to that. ;)

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,719
    edited February 2017

    I can assure you that I will never, ever run out of book material. The truth is crazier than fiction, and so is my life! laugh 

    And yes, there are real things hidden in the books, plenty of them, with more to come. The chicken might have to go in!

    Post edited by Llynara on
  • LOL! Oh, definitely! yes

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,415

    I will be watching for the chicken to show up....

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 20,746
    edited February 2017

    Well.... at least they're crossing the road.

    roosterNoggins3DUniToonChick3.jpg
    999 x 1100 - 1010K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,719

    LOL, Novica! That's wonderful! Thank you so much for taking the time to make that. And the chicken in question is a rooster (a really stupid one at that!) The render is perfect!

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 20,746

    Yeah, reading what you wrote, I thought I'd cover both the chicken and rooster bases.  wink

  • DivamakeupDivamakeup Posts: 8,951
    Llynara said:

    Posted on FB, but thought I'd share here too: 

    I spent last night desperately searching for a mentally challenged chicken. I swear, I can't make this shit up. That's why I write comedy. Then the toddler decided that 3 am was a perfectly good time to get up and play. Bye bye writing time! Later, as we were leaving the house, we found the missing chicken. He was crossing the road- the driveway, actually. Apparently he had some all night party to attend, even though there are a bunch of ladies waiting in the hen house for him. There's something seriously wrong with that rooster! 

    I'll post a picture of him soon. I don't think I have any chickens in my runtime yet. Shocking, I know.

    Oh, and Hugh didn't like ANY of the stuff I bought yesterday for the book cover. Fickle illusionist! I tried different hairs on him, even tried giving him a makeover as a G3M. Nope, not gonna do it. He's stuck as a G2M with Fraser hair. Turned out the new stuff works great on his missing brother Dale. If the Supers can ever find him, he'll look downright smashing! 

    Not gonna lie, your chicken story made laugh out loud and pretty much made my night. Thanks, I needed that! :)

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,719
    edited February 2017

    Ha ha, I'm glad it did! My mission in life is to make others smile. laugh

    Post edited by Llynara on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,719
    edited February 2017

    Ok, so after seeing The Dudoir Photoshoot to End All Dudoir Photoshoots, I think I need to push back the food porn challenge to next month and do a 3D Dudoir! Lord help us all! 

    Post edited by Llynara on
  • SerumSerum Posts: 229

    soooo slight detour question i figured it would be best to ask here as we have spoken about my lens selection on here. (plus since you bought it i may feel guilty if i inact this)

    I am thinking about coding my site in such a way that all my products on there allow you to set your own price. thoughts?

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 31,153
    Serum said:
    Llynara said:

    I've got a ton too. I have to get my next superhero book to my editor next month. Very excited at how it's coming along. Going to be a ton of fun! And now I have what I need to finish the cover in 3D. Oh happy day!

    so here is a sneaky peak of my next 

    Should be chapel, with one P.    Loads of Chapels in this neck of the woods (Welsh Valleys)

  • SerumSerum Posts: 229
    Chohole said:
    Serum said:
    Llynara said:

    I've got a ton too. I have to get my next superhero book to my editor next month. Very excited at how it's coming along. Going to be a ton of fun! And now I have what I need to finish the cover in 3D. Oh happy day!

    so here is a sneaky peak of my next 

    Should be chapel, with one P.    Loads of Chapels in this neck of the woods (Welsh Valleys)

    probably 

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,719
    Serum said:

    soooo slight detour question i figured it would be best to ask here as we have spoken about my lens selection on here. (plus since you bought it i may feel guilty if i inact this)

    I am thinking about coding my site in such a way that all my products on there allow you to set your own price. thoughts?

    I think your products are fairly priced. You could do "name your price" with a minimum amount preprogrammed so that you get what you want out of your products and people can pay more if they like. Just don't let them set any price or they'll grab it all for a penny and run.

  • SerumSerum Posts: 229
    Llynara said:
    Serum said:

    soooo slight detour question i figured it would be best to ask here as we have spoken about my lens selection on here. (plus since you bought it i may feel guilty if i inact this)

    I am thinking about coding my site in such a way that all my products on there allow you to set your own price. thoughts?

    I think your products are fairly priced. You could do "name your price" with a minimum amount preprogrammed so that you get what you want out of your products and people can pay more if they like. Just don't let them set any price or they'll grab it all for a penny and run.

    thats a fair comment 

  • Yeah, you definitely don't want to price them too low.  And, while I wouldn't mind getting things at lower prices as I have my sights on those camera presets myself, I think they are fairly priced and I'll be getting those soon myself regardless of whether you change the pricing structure or not.  Maybe you should think about having a sale instead where pricing is a percentage off for a set time first instead and see how that goes.  I think Llynara is right in that  a lot of people would just put in the minimum amount and not even think about with a price your type of structure.  At least with a temporary percentage off sale, it's easier to go back to full price without any ruffled feathers from customers.

  • SerumSerum Posts: 229

    Yeah, you definitely don't want to price them too low.  And, while I wouldn't mind getting things at lower prices as I have my sights on those camera presets myself, I think they are fairly priced and I'll be getting those soon myself regardless of whether you change the pricing structure or not.  Maybe you should think about having a sale instead where pricing is a percentage off for a set time first instead and see how that goes.  I think Llynara is right in that  a lot of people would just put in the minimum amount and not even think about with a price your type of structure.  At least with a temporary percentage off sale, it's easier to go back to full price without any ruffled feathers from customers.

    i totally get that but i also have the mindset of any money is better than no money haha plus people who support me will actually pay what they think is worth paying. or at least thats the theory haha

  • Serum said:

    Yeah, you definitely don't want to price them too low.  And, while I wouldn't mind getting things at lower prices as I have my sights on those camera presets myself, I think they are fairly priced and I'll be getting those soon myself regardless of whether you change the pricing structure or not.  Maybe you should think about having a sale instead where pricing is a percentage off for a set time first instead and see how that goes.  I think Llynara is right in that  a lot of people would just put in the minimum amount and not even think about with a price your type of structure.  At least with a temporary percentage off sale, it's easier to go back to full price without any ruffled feathers from customers.

    i totally get that but i also have the mindset of any money is better than no money haha plus people who support me will actually pay what they think is worth paying. or at least thats the theory haha

    Yeah, I can totally understand that, too! :)

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,415

    I've got to agree with KM on this one, I think I would try the sale strategy first, and then if that isn't satisfactory you can always try the other way then.

Sign In or Register to comment.