Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited February 2017

Just in time for Valentine's Day, our first "Dudeoir!" DarwinMishap's Diesel for Elijah 7 invites you to take a swim...

He'll be floating into the DAZ store very soon. Click for much larger pic.

Diesel bath3.jpg
    1500 x 1433 - 376K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • This is awesome, thank you, Llynara!  Looks fantastic. :) 

You're welcome! He was a lot of fun in that tub. Guys just wanna have fun too!

• Darn right!  You need a collective in there.  Wonder how many would fit?

Hmm, we shall find out! Probably 4 or 5 of your guys, or 1 George, LOL. Don't think I won't try! 

• LOL  dare ya. HA.

Ooh, you've thrown down the gauntlet now. Watch out! devil

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459

What a cool mash up of products- I didn't think of that!

There is a chance you could render the 

Llynara said:

Playing with GK Dantas' "Frozen Sisters" ice shaders, along with Marshian's Body of Light. Using the BOSS Portrait Light Set for a nice black background. This is for an idea I have called "Frozen-hearted." Wanted to see how the BOL set looks shining through the ice shaders. I may have to play to get the look I want. This is the chakra preset from BOL and the crystal preset from Frozen Sisters. Model is just basic G3F.

@Marshian I need to get back to that render! I started it and got distracted by shiny objects or hot men or something...not sure. Could've been both! Maybe I'll make a hot looking shiny ice guy with light coming out of him. Gotta cover all the bases!

• SerumSerum Posts: 256
    edited February 2017

just letting you know ive just put the wing up on my site :) Off Site Commercial:- Link removed

Post edited by Chohole on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270
    Llynara said:

Just in time for Valetine's Day, our first "Dudeoir!" DarwinMishap's Diesel for Elijah 7 invites you to take a swim...

He'll be floating into the DAZ store very soon. Click for much larger pic.

Niiiice! :D

Happy Valentine's Day, Llynara!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Its hard not to get distracted around here lol.  Serum, nice job on that Asylum wing, looks very creepy!

edited February 2017

Yes, it is, LOL!

Great job on the Asylum Wing. I feel like I live in one in real life some days. Valentine's Day was one of those days. Posted this on Facebook, but too funny not to share here: 

Thank you, dysfunctional family, for keeping yet another holiday effing bizarre. I will never, EVER run out of #$@!ing writing material. 

And then the details, since people wanted to know: 

You just know it's not going well when you get about $1500 in unexpected bills AND a visit from the cops, all within about an hour or so. On freaking Valentine's Day.  It's like the universe sent me a big  "EFF YOU!" Go me!

And the update today:

-The $1000+ dental bill was wrong. THANK GOD. I guess they just love me THAT MUCH.
    -The State's Attorney wants to raise the level of the charges against the person who attacked my son last fall. That's good, just wish they wouldn't send the cops to my house on Valentine's Day. If I had a heart condition, this would've been a serious problem.
    -Now I have to fight the trash company, who wants to charge me $300 for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Yay! 
    -Then it's on to the school. My son somehow managed to blow up his Chromebook and it'll cost $140 to replace the motherboard. 

I really CAN'T make this shit up! Please keep the prayers coming! 

I. Just. Really. Can't.

If you read my books, remember that not everything in there is fiction! Ha!  

edited February 2017

Solution: I will send Karma after them! She has luck powers and likes to hex people. Maybe she can hit the garbage guys with a bus! 

EDIT: Apparently I don't have to send Karma. I just need someone to hit me over the head with a two by four occasionally and remind me to pay the damned garbage bill every 3 months. If they had a DAZ ad on the side of the truck, or the website, I wouldn't have a problem remembering! They really need to slap one of Darwin's Hotties on there!

edited February 2017

Preparing Hugh for the Kat & Mouse book cover:

It has taken over a year to build this character, tweak him, and then move him into G3M and Iray. Originally he was a G2M- a tweaked FW Sebastian HD for Michael 6. I tried other characters, skins, morphs. No one else looks like Sebastian and few handle the lighter hair colors as well as he does. He's a fantastic character, probably one of the best made for any generation, but has no Iray skins. I keep hoping FW will update him someday, but until then, I've got shaders.

So I started with the Anagenesis shaders, which took some tweaking. Then I decided to see what he looked like as a G3M via GenX for the morphs and Cayman's UV products for the skin. Had some weird issues with the G2M eyes coming over. Replaced with Paris' Macro Eyes. They're a bit bright but will be fine on the cover. I like how the Sebastian base and HD morphs look on G3M. The face is a little longer, but fits Hugh perfectly. 

Still working on lighting, background, clothing and pose. Hoping to have a working cover next month. Unlucky Charm took forever and many renders, but was so worth it. I'm sure the next cover will be too. 

Original 3Delight version in G2M: really desaturated, can't remember why

Iray and G2M- many issues with shaders, his skin looked sunburned until I figured out that he uses Michael 5 UVs and needed the Genesis preset for Anagenesis, not the G2.

Final version: Iray and G3M, with Fabiana's beautiful silk shaders on Casual Styles for G3M. Changed the hair slightly. White hair is challenging. If it's too tidy, it makes him look old, so I tried tousling it, but I think for him it looks better at the default. His face is very expressive. I don't like to cover it up. Click for bigger pics.

Hugh_G6M_mixed.jpg
    916 x 881 - 324K
    Hugh supersuit_400.png
    400 x 442 - 205K
    Hugh G3M Final1.png
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    Hugh G3M Final3.png
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858

The white hair looks good, no worries there!  Very nice silk shaders, perfect touch. Well done!

edited February 2017

Thanks, Novica! I used OOT's shaders on the hair, and I'm loving Fabiana's shaders. They are gorgeous!

• Very nice, I like his update a great deal.  I agree with Fabiana's shaders-those were the first I purchased for Iray.

edited February 2017

Thanks, Darwin!

It's been a while since I rendered and posted. Just a crazy week or so! Here's a new one, with two of Darwin's wonderful characters: Diesel for Elijah 7 (coming soon!) and Mariposa for Genevieve 7. I used @flipmode 's wonderful First Light Skydome and HDRI. The lighting and the backdrop were perfect for the Highlands!

Click for really big pic (and then click again to zoom in.)

"Carry My Heart with You"

"I will stay until first light, then I must go."
    "When will you return?"
    "I... don't know."
    "Then carry my heart with you."

Carry My Heart With You2.jpg
    1852 x 1267 - 1M

Beautiful Llynara!

• Really beautiful, Llynara!  :)

Thank you both! I had this one in my heart this month. I wanted to capture the emotion of someone saying goodbye as he leaves for war, possibly never to return. I think it would make a really good book cover. I may try making it into one, or maybe a movie poster. Might be fun.

• Llynara said:

Thank you both! I had this one in my heart this month. I wanted to capture the emotion of someone saying goodbye as he leaves for war, possibly never to return. I think it would make a really good book cover. I may try making it into one, or maybe a movie poster. Might be fun.

My first thought was that it could be on a book cover!  I think if you worked on it and changed the dimensions for an e-cover, you'd have a great cover.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    Llynara said:

Thanks, Darwin!

It's been a while since I rendered and posted. Just a crazy week or so! Here's a new one, with two of Darwin's wonderful characters: Diesel for Elijah 7 (coming soon!) and Mariposa for Genevieve 7. I used @flipmode 's wonderful First Light Skydome and HDRI. The lighting and the backdrop were perfect for the Highlands!

Click for really big pic (and then click again to zoom in.)

"Carry My Heart with You"

"I will stay until first light, then I must go."
    "When will you return?"
    "I... don't know."
    "Then carry my heart with you."

Romance novel cover... or maybe a scene from a movie. 

Nice dramatic lighting and dreamy look on the girl.

edited February 2017

Thanks! I think I'm going to try both for fun- book cover and movie poster laugh

• I really do like the interactions between them, and the lighting suits perfectly!  well done!

They're fun to work with, Darwin. You did a great job on both of them. 

edited February 2017

Notes from a skin lightening trick Darwin showed me. I used this on Mariposa for the above render, because she looked too dark in the the rather dark lighting, and Highland women tend to be pasty. I thought the results were very good and stilled looked like her. 

1. Go to Surfaces tab and choose any of the major skin maps for the character.

2. Click on the image map and go to the Image Editor (right above the LIE editor, which I keep losing track of!)

3. Adjust the gamma (usually defaulted to 0) until you have the shade you like. Too low of a setting gives a strange china doll/porcelain look, which might be handy in some renders.

4. Repeat for all major surfaces that will be seen in the render. It's actually not that many because so much stuff is grouped together. I did her face, torso and arms here. Just depends on how much skin is showing.

gamma skin settings1.JPG
    1310 x 939 - 122K
    gamma skin settings2.JPG
    746 x 493 - 39K
    gamma skin settings3.JPG
    588 x 412 - 40K

That will be useful thanks!

• Thanks!  I haven't done anything in the Image editor much yet.  I'll have to check it out.