Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

12357101

Comments

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,507

    Woody is now on my wishlist - 1 off, 1 on today.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,489

    Ah, I remember rendering Jackson's Field, and where the grass cut off suddenly. The vendor came on the thread (TangoAlpha) but I don't know if an update was done or not, so just look for that grass. Oh wow, I just googled myself and Jackson's Field and found the render. Hope the link works.  I left some pallet boards in the outdoor stall area, so this isn't out of the box (be sure and read what I did in the posts. That grass is definitely my changes.) 

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,507

    Thanks. I already looked it up earlier in the afternoon and saw that issue. 

    And the link worked! I had that link problem for the first time yesterday on my city thread. One link consistently went to the post after the one I wanted; if I changed it to the post above, it consistently worked and went to the post above. I never could get it to go to the right one. 

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,489

    So which other ones are you debating? If I can return the favor and get YOU to spend money...(wicked cackle.)

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,507

    I have 5 of the 12 already (including the 2 I got earlier today). I was eyeing Esprit d'Autrefois but am thinking it's too reminiscent of Harpsburg which I have, but the streetcar in it looked cool. I'd be interested in the  muscle car if I could hide the air intakes and close the hole in the hood to make a more general purpose car but the promos and what's included don't indicate that's possible. Then SC Laurana or SC Joy. 

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,489
    RGcincy said:

    I have 5 of the 12 already (including the 2 I got earlier today). I was eyeing Esprit d'Autrefois but am thinking it's too reminiscent of Harpsburg which I have, but the streetcar in it looked cool. I'd be interested in the  muscle car if I could hide the air intakes and close the hole in the hood to make a more general purpose car but the promos and what's included don't indicate that's possible. Then SC Laurana or SC Joy. 

    I just got those two SC's so will show them shortly.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 15,223
    RGcincy said:

    I decided to render something different than buildings for a change. I picked up SC Alice for Genesis 3 Female in fast grab today. This is her with her daughter "Alicia" who was created using the growing up morphs. I used the 9-10 year old preset because I noticed that Alice is shorter than Genesis 3 and the 5-6 year old preset made for a very tiny child. The clothing is two different textures of the dress Summer Kiss for Genesis 3 Females. The sandals are from Casual Summer for Genesis 3 Females. The mom has Christina Hair while the daughter has BlueBell Hair. The poses are from Oreschnick Poses: Mothers and their Daughters Poses with a small amount of arm and hand tweaking for the girl's right hand. The girl's expression is a combination of Amazing ME! 25 Expressions for Tween Julie 7 and Smile Delight. The setting is The Neighbour's Yard with Novica's BOO! light preset applied to Iray Ghost Lights. The default Iray dome is active, so there's also light from the sky.

    I didn't like the look of that character's nose in the promo images, but she looks great in your render. Thanks for showing her off.

    (Did you notice that your girls are floating above the ground a little bit.)

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,489

    Looking at Harpsburg, the buildings have more sections/ledges and broken up, also the tudor striping. A lot of variety on the upper walls/roofs. Esprit d'Autrefois has more scrolls/elegant, one facade walls. Straight up and down. Also has more windows with curtains. To me the feel/emphasis is on a clean, elegant town, whereas Harpsburg is eclectic and casual. And yeah, that streetcar rocks!!!

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,489
    barbult said:

    (Did you notice that your girls are floating above the ground a little bit.)

    They're just happy.  wink

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,507
    edited February 2017
    barbult said:

    I didn't like the look of that character's nose in the promo images, but she looks great in your render. Thanks for showing her off.

    (Did you notice that your girls are floating above the ground a little bit.)

    I wondered that too about the nose in the promos - but figured I'd take a chance. I'm not sure the promo dress does the character justice either - I like it but I think a couple more conventional dresses or two would have been good additions.

    Thanks about the floating. I had checked the heels but I see what I did - they're on the ground plane but the concrete is slightly low. I'll have to rerender that. 

    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,507
    Novica said:
    barbult said:

    (Did you notice that your girls are floating above the ground a little bit.)

    They're just happy.  wink

    Until Woody comes around the corner...

  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 6,948

    One of our dogs, the little one, is called Woody, so I keep getting the giggles when I see you guys writing stuff like this. laughcheeky 

    RGcincy said:

    Woody is now on my wishlist - 1 off, 1 on today.

     

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,489
    edited February 2017

    Heads up- I am quite sure it's the Wedding Dress- that will REALLY slow you down doing an Iray view out in the viewport. Not sure how those of you with slow render times will fare on it, but mine was done in five minutes and that's not much more than the usual ones. SC Laurana is not a typical botox babe, I like that she is unique. Hair has been featured numerous times- it's Galene Hair.

     

    laurana.png
    460 x 600 - 455K
    laurana2.png
    470 x 575 - 404K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,730
    edited February 2017
    RGcincy said:

    I decided to render something different than buildings for a change. I picked up SC Alice for Genesis 3 Female in fast grab today. This is her with her daughter "Alicia" who was created using the growing up morphs. I used the 9-10 year old preset because I noticed that Alice is shorter than Genesis 3 and the 5-6 year old preset made for a very tiny child. The clothing is two different textures of the dress Summer Kiss for Genesis 3 Females. The sandals are from Casual Summer for Genesis 3 Females. The mom has Christina Hair while the daughter has BlueBell Hair. The poses are from Oreschnick Poses: Mothers and their Daughters Poses with a small amount of arm and hand tweaking for the girl's right hand. The girl's expression is a combination of Amazing ME! 25 Expressions for Tween Julie 7 and Smile Delight. The setting is The Neighbour's Yard with Novica's BOO! light preset applied to Iray Ghost Lights. The default Iray dome is active, so there's also light from the sky.

    Wow, you packed a lot of products in there! Looks great!

    And I have been spending money at Rendo today. Somehow got lost over there after looking at the pants thread here, and then there were these amazing sales that end at midnight, and...well, now I have a lot more clothes and characters (and they were cheap cheap!)

    Post edited by Llynara on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,507
    Novica said:

    Heads up- I am quite sure it's the Wedding Dress- that will REALLY slow you down doing an Iray view out in the viewport. Not sure how those of you with slow render times will fare on it, but mine was done in five minutes and that's not much more than the usual ones. SC Laurana is not a typical botox babe, I like that she is unique. Hair has been featured numerous times- it's Galene Hair.

     

    I like how her face looks. That bodice is really good too. Are there any morphs to slim down the poofing out around the hips? 

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,489
    edited February 2017

    More of SC Laurana, this time with Lani Hair (Gen3F)  and Monokini (Gen3F) . She has adorable dimples that weren't evident in the first renders. This is with the Painter's Lights. Closeup coming with Kylan Hair, that shows the dimples.

     

     

    laurana3.png
    370 x 575 - 332K
    laurana4.png
    370 x 575 - 426K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 15,223
    Novica said:

    More of SC Laurana, this time with Lani Hair (Gen3F)  and Monokini (Gen3F) . She has adorable dimples that weren't evident in the first renders. This is with the Painter's Lights. Closeup coming with Kylan Hair, that shows the dimples.

    I miss ytour large images where I could click and click again to see the details.

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,507

    thanks to barbult, I replaced the render with floating figures. Now they are well grounded I hope.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 15,223
    RGcincy said:

    thanks to barbult, I replaced the render with floating figures. Now they are well grounded I hope.

    That looks better!

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,489

     

    barbult said:

    I miss ytour large images where I could click and click again to see the details.

    It depends- if I'm trying to get things posted prior to Fast Grab changing, or trying to head to bed, it just depends on what I'm doing. I'll try  wink  

  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 10,840

    Novica, I've noticed that you know a lot about many of the Daz Studio products, so I'm wondering if you know much about N.G.S. 2?  In the product description it says "N.G.S. 2 appeals to both amateurs and professionals, since it can be used as a Merchant Resource" - do you know if there have been any characters released yet that use N.G.S. 2?

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,457

    Novica, I've noticed that you know a lot about many of the Daz Studio products, so I'm wondering if you know much about N.G.S. 2?  In the product description it says "N.G.S. 2 appeals to both amateurs and professionals, since it can be used as a Merchant Resource" - do you know if there have been any characters released yet that use N.G.S. 2?

    Yes there is one that I know of.  Let me see if I can track it down.  I think its one of Gypsy Angels latest men.

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,457

    Its her latest Mace he is here.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,489

    Novica, I've noticed that you know a lot about many of the Daz Studio products, so I'm wondering if you know much about N.G.S. 2?  In the product description it says "N.G.S. 2 appeals to both amateurs and professionals, since it can be used as a Merchant Resource" - do you know if there have been any characters released yet that use N.G.S. 2?

    I don't know, actually. 

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,489

    Rich- no, the wedding dress really is disappointing in that there are no morphs for that. It does well with sitting morphs, and to slim down the bottom parts of the dress, but you are indeed stuck with poofy abdomen. I even went into the Scene to try abdomen or hip, no luck. 

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,489

    I'm doing SC Alice at the moment. And a large render for Barbult.  smiley

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 15,223
    Novica said:

    I'm doing SC Alice at the moment. And a large render for Barbult.  smiley

    Very much looking forward to it!! Thanks, Novica.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,489
    edited February 2017

    So here's SC Alice (Gen3F)  with Flashy Hair. Pearl of the Night outfit.  BTW, for newbies (and possibly others) if you get crinkles in hair, with the hair selected, then go up to the top where the little drop down menu is (above the word Scene) and select Edit. Then go to Geometry and you can create a Smoothing Modifier. This was on 14 to get rid of the bang crinkles, which are really noticeable. 

    I like the knobby nose! (And eyebrows of course.)   STILL 70% OFF IN FAST GRAB! (So is Laurana)  Next up is Joy.

     

    alice.png
    643 x 1000 - 1M
    alice2.png
    643 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,338
    RGcincy said:

    ...and you're spending money!

    It changed around 11:30 this morning but I didn't see it until mid-afternoon. I got Jackson's Field which has been on my wishlist for a long time and I'm debating a few others. I only bought about 8 items in January and 6 were from fast grab. Got 3 in the past two days. They've been having some better items recently.

    Wow, Jackson's Field! I grabbed it and I bought the Rustic Theater and Medieval Hall and Garden too. Using the $6.00 PC coupon it was only $20. Did I need them? LOL. Jackson's Field renders much faster than I expected. Turning the vegetation on slows everything way down so I turned it off until ready to render. 

This discussion has been closed.