Easy Environments: Snowy Mountains (Daz Studio & Poser) [Commercial]

Comments

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    I still owe you the previews for Greenlands, ...

Heheh... first thing I thought when I read "Greenlands" was ... "Arctic Circle? icebergs, fjords and stuff? ..." <(^_^)</p>
  • FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 881
    edited December 1969

Ops, now that you say it...not the most fortunate name I chose there. :blank:
    Actually an iceberg set might be fun, somewhat limited use though, nah.

Thanks ColemanRugh, glad you like the mountain!

Australian bushland sounds doable. I was considering an american canyon for later sets, maybe I could do something that would pass for both.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited December 1969

Sea floor, in an underwater environment?

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:

Slartibartfast had fun with them... ;-)
    edited December 1969

M F M said:

Slartibartfast had fun with them... ;-)

I`ve read the book, I`ve watched the movie...still I had to google that character, shame on me! :red:

Hm, underwater/seafloor sounds like a cool idea. I have no clue at all how to do that though. ;)
    I`ll learn about water for another set though, so when I get there I can as well look into under-water to see if it would work properly.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:

Australian bushland sounds doable. I was considering an american canyon for later sets, maybe I could do something that would pass for both.

Look forward to it...

In regards the name isn't it a character from Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy...off to google and check.

• ColemanRughColemanRugh Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Mountain path expansion sets might sell well. Like the path leading to a mouth of a cave...

or a rope bridge crossing a mountain valley

http://www.masterfile.com/stock-photography/image/625-01753431/Low-angle-view-of-a-rope-bridge-across-a-mountain-Queswachaca-Peru

or Chinese Huangshan type mountains

http://www.filmapia.com/sites/default/files/filmapia/pub/place/huangshan-mountains-avatar-mtns-are-based-on.jpg

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Winter was great, used it several times, I still have to use mountain trail but I think that is easy too.
    Greenlands (you do know Greenland was named Greenland by the Vikings just because it was green), the Ice came back during the "little ice age" ca. 1550-1700

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    ... (you do know Greenland was named Greenland by the Vikings just because it was green), the Ice came back during the "little ice age" ca. 1550-1700...

Actually, I haven`t been aware. I thought whoever named it just had a good sense of humor. ;)
    (Never gave it much thought though, since in my mother tonque it doesn`t claim to be green anyway)

Thanks for the links ColemanRugh!
    I actually considered a rope bridge when I did the set, it should fit in well. I`d wager there are rope-bridge props available somewhere, gotta check that later.
    Is that chinese mountains pic real? It looks like some cool Wuxia CGI !

edited December 1969

Hi guys!

Greenlands is finally released
    Link: Greenlands Daz Store

Took a bit longer than planned due to some misunderstandings, but better late than never ;)

greenlands_promo07.jpg
    998 x 768 - 259K
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Hi guys!

Greenlands is finally released
    Link: Greenlands Daz Store

Took a bit longer than planned due to some misunderstandings, but better late than never ;)

In my cart at the moment I love your environments.
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Carted-downloaded-installed.

Will play when time permits, but these sets are great when I need to toss up a scene for a handout.

If I really need epic landscapes, I'll use Vue, but I still can't get Vue to render figures as good as DS, and overlays always makes shadows and light look a bit inconsistent ;-)

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited January 2013

These look really good. The videos are what sold me on wanting to get them, especially the Mountain Trail video. Just need to refigure my budget now :)

I understand what you were getting at with not wanting to do a swamp scene, but you may want to Google images of wetlands. They might be a good compromise and are similar to swamps, just with fewer trees.

I would really love to see a couple of farmland sets, with freshly plowed fields and crops/wheat growing on them. Perhaps one set with two settings or a grass/wheat prop? Another idea might be Asian rice paddies?

Finally, thanks for the tutorial on depth of field.

Edit: If you made a wetlands set with water, SuperGJ may be able to convert it into a swamp by adding trees...

Post edited by Zylox on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Excellent. Wishlisted and definitely to be bought this week sometime. I'm looking forward to seeing what other landscapes you bring out.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

In my cart and checking out ...

edited December 1969

Just bought and am downloading Mountain Trail and Greenlands. I will need to wait to buy Winter as well as any others you release. I like the fact that they are inexpensive while also being high quality.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Another incredible set! Grabbed it the instant I saw it in the store. Thank you.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:

An Aussie bushland would be fabulous! (especially as I'm an Aussie *laughs*) Are you thinking more desert type, like WA or the Nullabor or Ayers Rock type? Or like the Melaleuca Scrub type? (We have both rainforest and melaleuca scrub around us - sometimes quite close together, believe it or not)

edited December 1969

Or...what about an apocolyptic wasteland type? Barren, reddish sand/dirt maybe....we could add ruined buildings etc to it. Reddish, possibly greyish sky?

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Or...what about an apocolyptic wasteland type? Barren, reddish sand/dirt maybe....we could add ruined buildings etc to it. Reddish, possibly greyish sky?

With the right sky color that could be a Martian landscape, which opens up the possibility of other planets.

edited December 1969

Zylox said:
    jakiblue said:

With the right sky color that could be a Martian landscape, which opens up the possibility of other planets.

And there's the versatility of these products! :D

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Flipmode said:

An Aussie bushland would be fabulous! (especially as I'm an Aussie *laughs*) Are you thinking more desert type, like WA or the Nullabor or Ayers Rock type? Or like the Melaleuca Scrub type? (We have both rainforest and melaleuca scrub around us - sometimes quite close together, believe it or not) I'd buy any of those...

edited December 1969

Thanks for all the kind comments, glad to see the interest in the series is still up. :)
    Zylox` comment on the pricing/quality ratio made me particularly happy, I dare say I am a little proud I can offer the sets at this price without much sacrifice.

Aussie bushland >
    I don`t know half the regions you have mentioned jaki, but I was looking at pics like this http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/4965877765_25c0d5221b.jpg when I said I think it might work. Some red-ish rock/sand/gravel thing that could pass for any stone desert.

Wetlands >
    Agreed Zylox, that could be a working compromise, still quite tricky though. Tbh., still not high up for me.

Farmland >
    Also tricky, doable, something I might want to do, simply because I can imagine it would look really nice.

Asian rice paddies>
    I am a sucker for asian stuff, thus I like those...for a set it may be a bit too specialized.

jakiblue said:

Now I am soooo tempted to preview the set that comes after the desert! (But it`s a bit too early for that)
    It`s not exactly apocalyptic...but barren, desolate, grey skybox, and a red "bonus" skybox.
    Named "Road to Hell" ;)
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:

jakiblue said:

Now I am soooo tempted to preview the set that comes after the desert! (But it`s a bit too early for that)
    It`s not exactly apocalyptic...but barren, desolate, grey skybox, and a red "bonus" skybox.
    Named "Road to Hell" ;)

ok, I'm excited again. *grin* That one sounds FANTASTIC and exactly what I'd love. :D

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:

Aussie bushland >
    I don`t know half the regions you have mentioned jaki, but I was looking at pics like this http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/4965877765_25c0d5221b.jpg when I said I think it might work. Some red-ish rock/sand/gravel thing that could pass for any stone desert.

yep, that looks quite Outback-y. Very much so. *grin* Aussie Rainforest is just rainforest, same as other rainforests. One weekend, we'll go for another of our drives, and I'll snap some piccies - it's pretty much just up the road. The melaluca type scrub - I honestly don't know the correct "term" for it.....it's kinda scrubby....I'll try and find some pics, dig through my photos, cos you might know exactly what I mean if you see pictures.

I picked up the Grasslands one tonight - I was tossing up between that and the mountain one, and ended up putting the mountain one on my wishlist for later. Couldn't resist the Grasslands.

edited December 1969

Oops, I mean Greenlands. LOL

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Flipmode said:

Aussie bushland >

yep, that looks quite Outback-y. Very much so. *grin* Aussie Rainforest is just rainforest, same as other rainforests. One weekend, we'll go for another of our drives, and I'll snap some piccies - it's pretty much just up the road. The melaluca type scrub - I honestly don't know the correct "term" for it.....it's kinda scrubby....I'll try and find some pics, dig through my photos, cos you might know exactly what I mean if you see pictures.

I picked up the Grasslands one tonight - I was tossing up between that and the mountain one, and ended up putting the mountain one on my wishlist for later. Couldn't resist the Grasslands.agreed...I don't live close enough to that sort of scrub it's more grasslands around here.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply Flipmode. Of the ideas I mentioned, the farmland is the one I am the most interested in. Your Road to Hell set sounds intriguing...

Have you considered doing any sets with night time skyboxes? Having the moon and stars might be nice for some renders. I realize that you have been getting a lot of suggestions and you can't do them all. Hopefully some of them will intrigue you like the Australian ones have.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Instabuy. Love these sets.

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

ok, I'm excited again. *grin* That one sounds FANTASTIC and exactly what I'd love. :D
    Hehe, good, I am already scared of the "...but it`s dark and I can`t see **** there" comments, so every positive voice will be appreciated ;)

Have you considered doing any sets with night time skyboxes? Having the moon and stars might be nice for some renders. I realize that you have been getting a lot of suggestions and you can’t do them all. Hopefully some of them will intrigue you like the Australian ones have.

Kinda yes & no. A real night time thing would be a bit outside the "production pipeline" I use for those sets, but not by far. I`d like it though.
    It`s something I`ll keep in mind for possible addons later down the road.
    Thanks for understanding that I won`t be able to follow up on each and every suggestion made here. I am really grateful for all the input though, some of it will certainly shape future sets.

@canberra_boy > Thanks :red: