The They Stuck Gears on my Convoy Whinging Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    Tjohn said:
    Chohole said:
    MistyMist said:

craving peanutbutter and ice cream.

can shortbread be made chocolatey?

Dipped in melted chocolate and l;eft to cool.   

That would improve almost anything. smiley

Maybe even Irish soda bread.

Maybe.

(that's a big maybe)

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited January 2017
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Iz a dramatic start to the day here...

...seemed to have cleared up later as I was watching the "Open" at a pub this evening.

Was that Friday? A lot happened here since...

..yeah, Friday here in the US although it was a live broadcast.

French goy beat hte AMerican guy while that Serbian player who had been bunrning things up last year was defeated in extra sets by some guy from Switzerland.  I don't think there are any American men players who made the next round.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

been playing carrara and ds over 12 hours straight.   after 4am.

brought g3m into rara.  put the nudes on my da  tweaked g3m geograft to fix uvs

needs a good sss shader.  tomorrow, later today

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

No signal again... dang Verizon™!

Tjohn said:

a lil too much LDS in the 60s 

ruhroes shaggy

High Wind Warning for Northwest Suffolk County, New York

... HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM MONDAY TO 1 AM EST TUESDAY... * WINDS... NORTHEAST 30 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS 60 TO 70 MPH. * TIMING... WINDS COULD BEGIN GUSTING AS HIGH AS 45 MPH JUST BEFORE DAYBREAK MONDAY. THE STRONGEST WINDS ARE EXPECTED MONDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. * HIGH WIND IMPACTS... DAMAGING WINDS WILL BLOW DOWN TREES AND POWER LINES. NUMEROUS POWER OUTAGES ARE EXPECTED. TRAVEL WILL BE DIFFICULT... ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES AND ON ELEVATED ROADWAY AND BRIDGES. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A HIGH WIND WARNING MEANS A HAZARDOUS HIGH WIND EVENT IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS OF AT LEAST 40 MPH OR GUSTS OF 58 MPH OR MORE CAN LEAD TO PROPERTY DAMAGE. &&

More Information

... STRONG EAST WINDS LATE TONIGHT INTO MONDAY NIGHT...

• Issuing Office: New York City

Source: National.Weather.Service

11:23am EST, Sun Jan 22

Other Alerts in the Vicinity

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    MistyMist said:
    Tjohn said:

Huh?  

MistyMist said:
    Tjohn said:

Huh?  

reference to the star trek movie with the whales.

showing my geekness cool

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    MistyMist said:
    Tjohn said:

Huh?  

You'd have to have seen Star Trek: The Voyage Home (the one with the whales) to get the joke.

Dana

DanaTA said:
    MistyMist said:
    Tjohn said:

Huh?  

You'd have to have seen Star Trek: The Voyage Home (the one with the whales) to get the joke.

Dana

I forgot but I have seen it but I forgot it.

batten down the hatches  and lawn gnomes

DANGEROUS, DESTRUCTIVE STORMS INCOMING

DAY DESCRIPTION HIGH/LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET
    TONIGHT 

wind

JAN 22

Cloudy/Wind

--  39°  20% ENE 24 mph 80% 0 of 10  7:11 am  4:59 pm  2:29 am  12:57 pm
    MON 

rain

JAN 23

Rain/Wind

40°  38°  90% ENE 32 mph 80% 0 of 10  7:11 am  5:00 pm  3:23 am  1:36 pm

I think I like my bed right now.  It is comfy and has all my blankets.  I do not understand why I have four pillows but they are all good.  I wonder what I used before I got these four pillows and what happened to the old pillows.  Maybe I got four so that they will last longer than if I got one one.  No clue but I miss my computer and playing with my 3d figures.

Some things on Netflix are boring like this certain show about a fan.  Watched a bit of it but it was just a fan bowling while roating back and forth.  Not much to it other than a household fan being a boring household fan.

• MistyMist said:
    MistyMist said:
    Tjohn said:

Huh?  

reference to the star trek movie with the whales.

showing my geekness cool

YouTube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgHxFNFWlZc

My mum is thinking of dropping direct tv as she has Netflix and Amazon prime.  The only thing she wants from Netflix is packers but I am trying to figure out a way around it.  Maybe through Amazon fire stick.

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    MistyMist said:
    Tjohn said:

a lil too much LDS in the 60s reference to the star trek movie with the whales.

MistyMist said:

showing my geekness cool

Was a great line.  Funny thing is, it wasn't just a "LSD" reference, there was another take on it, considering where the actress was from.  I never knew this:

http://www.ldsfilm.com/movies/StarTrekIV.html

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501

...well LDS is popular in Utah.

saved subdrggy as duf, made him(her?) subd

all kinds of weather warnings, high winds and rain,  

I wish I could get back to sleep.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Bit of a breeze blowing off the bay a while after sunrise cooling everything down enough to get some sleep :)

windeeeeeeee

4:00am render  lol.  was up to 5am, woke at 14:00  

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    MistyMist said:

Sleep deprivation + imagination. laugh

Found my old Dell box but I have no OS that works with it.  It has a 32 bit processor but my OS thumb drives are for 64 bit.

I have several hdd but nothing seems to get it to boot.  Probably because of the OS 32/64 problem \

Tjohn said:
    MistyMist said:

Sleep deprivation + imagination. laugh

hey is looking good :)

Found my old Dell box but I have no OS that works with it.  It has a 32 bit processor but my OS thumb drives are for 64 bit.

I have several hdd but nothing seems to get it to boot.  Probably because of the OS 32/64 problem \

a few bits short of an OS complaint :)

• ps1borg said:

I think I have several Windows98SE installation disks with legal serial numbers for Dell machines.  If you think that will help. devil  (However, I may actually have trashed them a year or so ago sad)  How about a Windows2000 installation disk & key?  I even have a few WindowsXP installation disks if you have an activation key.  But newer than that ... you're on your own. indecision  All my other OS's are tied to my own machines.

ps1borg said:

I think I have several Windows98SE installation disks with legal serial numbers for Dell machines.  If you think that will help. devil  (However, I may actually have trashed them a year or so ago sad)  How about a Windows2000 installation disk & key?  I even have a few WindowsXP installation disks if you have an activation key.  But newer than that ... you're on your own. indecision  All my other OS's are tied to my own machines.

Hmmmm I might have an XP product key which might work.

It is an old old Dell computer still with the Windows XP pro sticker on it

Every attemp to instal Ubuntu fails

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,123
    edited January 2017

It is an old old Dell computer still with the Windows XP pro sticker on it

Every attemp to instal Ubuntu fails

Well, I've got good news and bad news.  I found several Win98SE installation disks  smiley but none are for Dell machines and besides Win98 is museum fodder.  frown  Unfortunately, I have no available WinXP generic install disks either. sad But I do have several WinXP reinstall CD sets (OS CD and driver CDs and app CDs) for various Dell model machines (eg: Dell Dimension 4300S, Inspiron 4000, Dimension 3000, Dimension 4550, Inspiron 8200, Dimension 2350, Dimension C521)  The problem with this is that some of the CD sets are incomplete and don't have all the drivers or apps for the particular machines.  And the OS CD may or may not be compatible with your particular machine.  Rebuilding an old Dell from incomplete sets can be done if you have the compatible OS CD and download the required drivers and apps from the Dell website but it's sometimes tricky, and the Dell website may no longer provide the downloads for the drivers & apps for obsolete machines.

Which Dell do you have?  Laptop or Desktop? And which model?

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
This discussion has been closed.