The They Stuck Gears on my Convoy Whinging Complaint Thread

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    kyoto kid said:
    Tjohn said:

I think this may be KK as a child. wink

...close.

When I was a teenager I didn't lust after a car as much as a certain aeroplane.  I wanted a 1968 Turbocharged Cessna 210 Centurion.  6 place single engine cantilever wing (no wing struts) with a 1,200 NM range 240 knot cruise and capability to cruise above 25,000 ft (as long as you were on oxygen). It was basically the high performance "sportscar" of single engine aircraft of the time. Price in 1968, 18,000$.

A 1977 210M with ~5600 hours on the airframe and ~900 hours on the engine will set you back around $140,000 today. Collect from Florida . . . (I see some with glass panels going for ~180K) Bit rich for my blood (by about 180K!), but lovely aeroplanes

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

cant remember if i showed this,

Converted Aiko7 to blended wm, and a lil node tweaking to stop her from crashing,
    Aiko7 in carrara smiley. have to convert all my g3 clothes to blended, but hey it works.  Aikoheart

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    edited January 2017

Complaint:  I don't have one of these little guys at home.  I do, however, have this: http://www.daz3d.com/fennec-for-foxes-by-am

laugh

Fennec Fox.jpg
    960 x 639 - 52K
    Post edited by Stryder87 on
    kyoto kid said:

When I was a teenager I didn't lust after a car as much as a certain aeroplane.  I wanted a 1968 Turbocharged Cessna 210 Centurion.  6 place single engine cantilever wing (no wing struts) with a 1,200 NM range 240 knot cruise and capability to cruise above 25,000 ft (as long as you were on oxygen). It was basically the high performance "sportscar" of single engine aircraft of the time. Price in 1968, 18,000$.

I don't know what it is about it, but I absolutely LOVE the Icon A5.  I'd sell my kids to own one!  Good thing I don't have any kids.... (furtively eyeballing the neighbor's kids...) laugh

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    Stryder87 said:

Complaint:  I don't have one of these little guys at home.  I do, however, have this: http://www.daz3d.com/fennec-for-foxes-by-am ; laugh

That is coming up with a 404 error for me.  broken heart

Stryder87 said:

Complaint:  I don't have one of these little guys at home.  I do, however, have this: http://www.daz3d.com/fennec-for-foxes-by-am ; laugh

That is coming up with a 404 error for me.  broken heart

Fixed.  yes

wuh woes shaggy

Storm Watch for Long Island Sound West of New Haven CT/Port Jefferson NY

... STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT. * WINDS AND SEAS... NORTHEAST WINDS 40 TO 45 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 60 KT ON OCEAN... 35 TO 40 KT WITH GUSTS TO 50 KT ON THE NEARSHORE WATERS. SEAS 16 TO 21 FEET ON THE OCEAN... AND 5 TO 10 FT ON LONG ISLAND SOUND. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A STORM WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN THE RISK OF STORM FORCE WINDS OF 48 TO 63 KT HAS SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASED... BUT THE SPECIFIC TIMING AND/OR LOCATION IS STILL UNCERTAIN. IT IS INTENDED TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL LEAD TIME FOR MARINERS WHO MAY WISH TO CONSIDER ALTERING THEIR PLANS.

• Issuing Office: New York City

Source: National.Weather.Service

3:08pm EST, Fri Jan 20

20 minutes til i can scamper home 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501

...interestingly the sun's been poking out from time to time today in spite of the map on the previous page. The worst weather is in the western Columbia Gorge not the city.  Yesterday hit 51° here. Felt like spring (was nice not having to "layer up" like I had to last week).  Mid 40s today.

who had the 3rd elf ring in LOTR?

where did gandalf's ring, in the end , come from?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,254
    edited January 2017
    MistyMist said:

Gil-Galad and then Elrond. From Wikipedia:

"The third ring, Vilya, was made of gold and adorned with a "great blue stone", probably a sapphire. The name is derived from the Quenya vilya meaning air. It is also called, Ring of Air, Ring of Firmament, or Blue Ring.

It is generally considered that Vilya was the mightiest of these three bands (as mentioned in the ending chapter in The Return of the King). The exact power of Vilya is not mentioned. However, it is reasonable to speculate that it also possesses the power to heal and to preserve (it is mentioned in The Silmarillion that Celebrimbor had forged the Three in order to heal and to preserve, rather than to enhance the strengths of each individual bearer as the Seven, Nine, and the lesser rings did). Its power of healing may be particularly strong, as Elrond seems to be the greatest healer in Middle-Earth at the time of the Quest.[3] There is some speculation that the ring controlled minor elements, considering the event where Elrond had summoned a torrent of water as the Nazgûl attempted to capture Frodo and the One Ring.

When Sauron laid waste to Eregion, Vilya was sent to the Elven-king Gil-galad far away in Lindon, where it was later given to Elrond, who bore it through the later years of the Second Age and all of the Third. As Gil-galad was the High King of the Noldor elves at the time of the rings' distribution it was thought that he was best fit to care for the most powerful of the three Elven rings."

MistyMist said:

Cirdan. From WikiPedia:

"The first ring, Narya, was adorned with a red gemstone, probably a ruby. The name is derived from the Quenya nár meaning fire. It was also called Narya the Great, Ring of Fire, and Red Ring.

According to Unfinished Tales, at the start of the War of the Elves and Sauron, Celebrimbor gave Narya together with the Ring Vilya to Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor. Gil-galad entrusted Narya to his lieutenant Círdan, Lord of the Havens of Mithlond, who kept it after Gil-galad's death. According to The Lord of the Rings, Gil-galad received only Vilya, while Círdan received Narya from the very beginning along with Galadriel receiving Nenya from the start.

In the Third Age, Círdan, recognizing Gandalf's true nature as one of the Maiar from Valinor, gave him the ring to aid him in his labours. It is described as having the power to inspire others to resist tyranny, domination, and despair (in other words, evoking hope in others around the wielder), as well as giving resistance to the weariness of time."

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    MistyMist said:

Gil-Galad and then Elrond. From Wikipedia:

"The third ring, Vilya, was made of gold and adorned with a "great blue stone", probably a sapphire. The name is derived from the Quenya vilya meaning air. It is also called, Ring of Air, Ring of Firmament, or Blue Ring.

It is generally considered that Vilya was the mightiest of these three bands (as mentioned in the ending chapter in The Return of the King). The exact power of Vilya is not mentioned. However, it is reasonable to speculate that it also possesses the power to heal and to preserve (it is mentioned in The Silmarillion that Celebrimbor had forged the Three in order to heal and to preserve, rather than to enhance the strengths of each individual bearer as the Seven, Nine, and the lesser rings did). Its power of healing may be particularly strong, as Elrond seems to be the greatest healer in Middle-Earth at the time of the Quest.[3] There is some speculation that the ring controlled minor elements, considering the event where Elrond had summoned a torrent of water as the Nazgûl attempted to capture Frodo and the One Ring.

When Sauron laid waste to Eregion, Vilya was sent to the Elven-king Gil-galad far away in Lindon, where it was later given to Elrond, who bore it through the later years of the Second Age and all of the Third. As Gil-galad was the High King of the Noldor elves at the time of the rings' distribution it was thought that he was best fit to care for the most powerful of the three Elven rings."

MistyMist said:

Cirdan. From WikiPedia:

"The first ring, Narya, was adorned with a red gemstone, probably a ruby. The name is derived from the Quenya nár meaning fire. It was also called Narya the Great, Ring of Fire, and Red Ring.

According to Unfinished Tales, at the start of the War of the Elves and Sauron, Celebrimbor gave Narya together with the Ring Vilya to Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor. Gil-galad entrusted Narya to his lieutenant Círdan, Lord of the Havens of Mithlond, who kept it after Gil-galad's death. According to The Lord of the Rings, Gil-galad received only Vilya, while Círdan received Narya from the very beginning along with Galadriel receiving Nenya from the start.

In the Third Age, Círdan, recognizing Gandalf's true nature as one of the Maiar from Valinor, gave him the ring to aid him in his labours. It is described as having the power to inspire others to resist tyranny, domination, and despair (in other words, evoking hope in others around the wielder), as well as giving resistance to the weariness of time."

tysmiley

makin snacks preparing for lotr marathon weekend

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

I did not know that socks with ruffles are popular.  I wanted to buy some socks at a local store but the store ran out of socks.  Maybe I should buy some from the Daz 3D store instead.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501

...had a meeting today with a fellow involved in a startup who was impressed with my background in inventory and shipping which went very good.  However, that is not the main reason for my post.  Afterwards I stopped at the neighbourhood pub for a couple pints.  While I was sitting at one end of the bar this strangely familiar looking young lady came in and sat near the other end.  After she took her coat and hat off, I had to do a double take.  Save for the colour of her hair (which was dark brown instead of ginger), she looked like an exact identical twin of my character Leela, even down to her hair style (Paxton Hair by AprilYSH).

One of those odd rare instances.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Having seen the movie Ruby Sparks, she's out there. Somewhere. She's definitely out there . . .

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited January 2017
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Iz a dramatic start to the day here...

...seemed to have cleared up later as I was watching the "Open" at a pub this evening.

Was that Friday? A lot happened here since...

Post edited by ps1borg on
    Stryder87 said:

Complaint:  I don't have one of these little guys at home.  I do, however, have this: http://www.daz3d.com/fennec-for-foxes-by-am

laugh

aw too cute :)

I did not know that socks with ruffles are popular.  I wanted to buy some socks at a local store but the store ran out of socks.  Maybe I should buy some from the Daz 3D store instead.

At least you wouldn't have to make space in your sock drwers that way :)

kyoto kid said:

...interestingly the sun's been poking out from time to time today in spite of the map on the previous page. The worst weather is in the western Columbia Gorge not the city.  Yesterday hit 51° here. Felt like spring (was nice not having to "layer up" like I had to last week).  Mid 40s today.

too hot to sleep tonight

89.png
    218 x 178 - 14K
    MistyMist said:

Converted Aiko7 to blended wm, and a lil node tweaking to stop her from crashing,
    Aiko7 in carrara smiley. have to convert all my g3 clothes to blended, but hey it works.  Aikoheart

there is an animated version ?

edited January 2017
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:

there is an animated version ?

a very short mp4, think i posted that bit 

examining her toes after seeing the thread with toes question, is a bit wonky posed

oh yeah, posted end of last complaint thread  http://orig01.deviantart.net/d8e9/f/2017/007/6/c/practice_aiko7_by_realmgal-daunf1d.mp4

playing with her face rigging today. and her toes smiley

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586

I got next week's schedule but I am only scheduled 4 days.  Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  I am not seeing any hours for Saturday.  How strange?

craving peanutbutter and ice cream.

can shortbread be made chocolatey?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    MistyMist said:

Dipped in melted chocolate and l;eft to cool.   

Morning. Cool breeze stirring treetops against a big bright blue sky promising heat later on, meanwhile a mob of sparrows swooping in on the flies that seem to be everywhere the past few days :)

I got next week's schedule but I am only scheduled 4 days.  Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  I am not seeing any hours for Saturday.  How strange?

next few days off for me,  don't think there is any energy left in achey body anyhow :)

Chohole said:
    MistyMist said:

gots to get me some of that :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    Chohole said:
    MistyMist said:

That would improve almost anything. smiley

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

dipping chocolate and peanutbutter heart

last 5 hours converting g3 clothes wmapping  ... need more zen de chocolate

This discussion has been closed.