Easy Environments: Snowy Mountains (Daz Studio & Poser) [Commercial]

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I would but some bloody Flipmode beat me to it!

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 881
    edited December 1969

:ohh: (pitty, no weird smiley available)
    lol, well said

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Link: Depth of Field (DS) Tutorial

Here you go ;)
    I tried to write it for DS beginners, explaining the most basic things.

Well, it`s the first tutorial I ever wrote, and I am no native speaker, so I hope it`s readable.

thanks for that tutorial ..Every bit of info I can get is awesome, I finally understand DOF, also checked out your galleries the renders of the roman bath are fantastic!!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

thanks for the DOF tutorial!
    For some reason, info on DOF just REFUSES to stick in my head. LOL. I usually just use some settings theSea posted once, and turn on the dof - comes out good. But to do it myself, I just can't grasp it.

I didn't know that bit about "framing" the bit I wanted in focus! That was valuable info in itself!!!

And I cannot wait till Mountail Trail hits the store cos that one I will be definitely getting. :D

edited December 1969

Hehe, the short version would have been "frame it and turn DoF on" ;)
    Well, glad it helped you guys a bit!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,790
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    these look brilliant! I'm not interested in the winter one as I don't do winter scenes at all - having never seen snow in my life, it just doesn't grab me to render it. LOL. However, the mountain trail one grabbed me completely and I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wake me when the mountain trail is released - I'll be jumping on that for sure!!!

same.. waiting :coolsmile:

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:

Pendraia, looks great already, I like how the wheels of the cart are sunken deeply into the snow. And it`s nice how it kinda tells a story, I mean, the set pieces make sense. Please update with the final version when you have it !

Thanks...I want to change what the man on the horse is wearing and a couple of other fiddly bits like turning on shadows for the trees.

I'll be sure to post it when it's finished.

Thanks for the tutorial on depth of field!

Pen

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The new Coming set (MT) is SO going to be in my Primitives Project, I'm setting up Snow for it right now. Much needed sets for what I have planed.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tute. Finally someone mentioned F-Stop as in smaller number means smaller focus area, larger number means more is blurred. Thank you especially for that. Usually we're told "this is the slider for F-Stop if you're a photog you know what it means". LOL

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    ...Finally someone mentioned F-Stop as in smaller number means smaller focus area, larger number means more is blurred...

hehe, almost ;)
    smaller F/Stop value = smaller focus area = more blur

What primitives project Jade? Got me curious, any link?

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Spit said:
    ...Finally someone mentioned F-Stop as in smaller number means smaller focus area, larger number means more is blurred...

hehe, almost ;)
    smaller F/Stop value = smaller focus area = more blur

What primitives project Jade? Got me curious, any link?

Doh! :red:

edited December 2012

Pfew, I`ve been a bit worried Daz might have forgotten about the release and went home for Christmas...but no, it`s
    released now ;)
    Link: Mountain Trail Daz Store

mtrail_promo06.jpg
    998 x 768 - 329K
    Post edited by Flipmode on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

Now we just need a pack saddle for the DAZ Horse 2.

edited December 1969

You made me think of a mass scene there, caravan with pack mules and all ;) Could look pretty cool.

edited December 1969

Hot diggity, my folks now have away to get over that pass to the Hunting grounds on the other side.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Whow... Just got the Winter Scene and did my first render with it, it's really great! (Just added the Shelter and some snow, all rendered with DAZ)

2012-12-21_Winter_Day_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 747K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for posting sedor, great render!
    I am not sure if you did something with contrast or used different lights from the scratch, but it gives it a whole new look.
    The Santa coat really shines on this pic imo (sorry, forgot the name).

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Thanks!

Yes, I used own lights and did some editing - adjusting contrast...

edited December 1969

Well, not Christmas, but I've been dying to use Antfarm's Vista Viewer but never had a set to use it with. This is perfect for that.

Mtn-Trail-VistaViewer.jpg
    800 x 640 - 118K
    edited December 1969

Nice one Spit, thanks for posting! Gives a great sense of scale imo.
    Glad to see the skybox being used like that :)

And Merry Christmas to everyone!
    Previews for the next set will be here in a day or two ;)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

That's an excellent point about being able to use the skybox as background for other foreground scenes — I just found out myself the other day just how many very nice camera angles I can have looking around in the skybox itself.

Hey, maybe I can use them for this scene...

• PVGamesPVGames Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

I just bought the mountain scene and I gotta say... this is easily one of the best environments I have ever purchased for DAZ. I really do hope you keep making more environments in this vein, these are wonderful!

edited December 1969

Lazy Kitty, didn`t you read the info page? ;)
    (Ok, I admit it, I rarely read about products either, mostly buying by preview images)
    Anyway, yes, I think the skyboxes alone are a big point to the sets, they should really serve you well as backgrounds for other scenes than the included terrains as well.

Thanks SuperGJ, glad you like it!

edited December 1969

I got this render by mail, and thought it was really great, so i asked permission to post it here.
    Other used items are from Merlin, LittleFox and DM.

Sonnwend1024.jpg
    656 x 1024 - 339K
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    I got this render by mail, and thought it was really great, so i asked permission to post it here.
    Other used items are from Merlin, LittleFox and DM.
    Great Render, but OOOOooo... some very cold toes I see. Brrr...
  • PVGamesPVGames Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

I saw that Greenlands is coming soon, and the Desert is being worked on - do you have plans for other environments as well? I was hoping that maybe we could finally get a good swampland or marsh or something!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Yes, thought the same thing there, but may be she worships R`hllor and has the fire within ;)

SuperGJ, after Greenlands and Desert there are two more -already defined- environments planned, after that I hope to go on with the series (depends on sales a bit), and will certainly look at the feedback to see what you guys are interested in.
    Swamp/Marsh is a bit unlikely though, because as far as I can tell it`s not really technically in line with the series.
    I aim for open environments, with wide views to make good use of the skybox, and rather sparse vegetation...a swamp doesn`t seem to fit in there unfortunately.

edited December 2012

I still owe you the previews for Greenlands, so here they are. ;)

Link: Greenlands Gallery

Link: Easy Environments video page

greenlands_promo05.jpg
    998 x 768 - 324K
    greenlands_promo04.jpg
    998 x 768 - 305K
    greenlands_promo02.jpg
    998 x 768 - 285K
    Post edited by Flipmode on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Jaderail said:

Yes, thought the same thing there, but may be she worships R`hllor and has the fire within ;)

SuperGJ, after Greenlands and Desert there are two more -already defined- environments planned, after that I hope to go on with the series (depends on sales a bit), and will certainly look at the feedback to see what you guys are interested in.
    Swamp/Marsh is a bit unlikely though, because as far as I can tell it`s not really technically in line with the series.
    I aim for open environments, with wide views to make good use of the skybox, and rather sparse vegetation...a swamp doesn`t seem to fit in there unfortunately.

What about some australian bushland with very dry grass and Eucalypt trees?

• ColemanRughColemanRugh Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

I picked up the Mountain Trail set - looks fantastic. The Greenlands looks great too! Hope to see more sets like these.