Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    dHandle said:

HI Sonja,

I had the same problem, and here's what worked for me.  I looked in my Photoshop CC 2015.5  folder on my main hard drive.

Adobe Photoshop CC 2015>Plug-ins>filters>Filter Forge 5

I just copied the entire Filter Forge 5 folder (ctrl c on a Windows PC) or you can right click and pick "copy"

I then went looking for Photoshop CC 2017 and pasted the entire folder in the same place.

Adobe Photoshop CC 2015>Plug-ins>filters> [paste it here]

Then I launched Photoshop CC 2017 and there it was!

Hope this helps.

Worked like a charm thank you so much!

Great! 

Now I have to give myself some good advice, and figure out how to get Portrait Professional into Photoshop CC 2017.  I can't find it in my previous version  (Photoshop 5.1), but it shows up in the filter menu when I run it.

Weird...

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I wasn't happy with the new update to Photoshop at all.  I actually ended up having to uninstall and re install because every time I loaded it after I updated it would crash to desktop.  Its working fine now with both sets of filters loaded but I wasted several hours of my precious art time trying to fix everything.

So if anyone wants to get a good look at MY CATEGORIES and how I organize my stuff I have screen shots posted in a thread in the Commons.

So someone had recently mentioned pixabay and the great quality stock photos they were offering for free.  I was reading a journal from someone who submitted her stuff to them and had a (and still is having) a bad experience.  For anyone that is interested you can read about it here.

I don't know this person personally I was actually browsing her stock and happened to run across this journal, and Pixabay caught my eye. I guess I am mostly just saying, be careful.

edited January 2017

Finally had a chance to do a quick render with First Bastions Halfway up the mountain.  Its a Huge piece with lots of nifty angles.

READY TO POUNCE.png
    1920 x 1920 - 8M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,229

Finally had a chance to do a quick render with First Bastions Halfway up the mountain.  Its a Huge piece with lots of nifty angles.

This is great dragon! Are you going to expand on it or is it just a play render? smiley

Kind of a rough draft and a test to see how big things were and to see how well it rendered.  Not that I had any doubts about First Bastions stuff lol.  This thing is huge, going to get a lot of render out of this one.

edited February 2017

Forest Daphni V4

)Daphne V4 by IceDragonArt

edited January 2017

Princess Leila - I need to let this one go a bit longer, the shadows are still too grainy.

Princess Leila .png
    1236 x 2000 - 4M
    edited January 2017

I think this one is better.  Teen Princess Leila with Mada Hair and Artemis Moon Outfit.  I'm very pleased with the way this turned out.

Princess Leila In Blue.png
    1236 x 2000 - 3M
  • KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,229

I think this one is better.  Teen Princess Leila with Mada Hair and Artemis Moon Outfit.  I'm very pleased with the way this turned out.

Turned out great, love the hair smiley

Turned out great, love the hair smiley

Me too!  Its Mada hair for anyone who wants to know.  Really nice long hair. And the flower crown is separate so you don't have to use it.  Nice movement morphs as well.

edited January 2017

DarwinsMishaps Damen for G3M with the fey skin.  Love those cheekbones!

Damen.png
    1040 x 832 - 823K
  • Love the Daphne render.  Great job on the skin and the posing.

Thank you!  The Anagennesis does some good stuff with the older skins

• Nice work on those images.  I think I like the second one of Leila best too.  I love the colors.  Damen looks pretty good, too.  :)

Thanks!  I'm back to trying to catalogue my vast array of characters and hope to get some of them fleshed out for my world building project.

edited January 2017

Creature Creatr G3F Willow

Creature Creator G3F Willow.png
    1264 x 2045 - 3M
  • Love the Damen render- his expression is great. Like cranky mischief making. XD

Thanks!  He is definitely contemplating mischief!

edited January 2017

So, I wanted to check with PAPhilospher before I said anything but all of the renders from Daphne on down were done with his new light set (BOSS) that is coming out soon.  I have to say this is one of the easiest portrait light set up I have ever used.  Lots of camera angles are provided, he has included a bunch of helper items like where to place your subject, color card, and arrow on the floor to help show where your camera angles should be for the best shot.  And they are easy to fiddle with, you can make a lot of changes by changing the color or the intensity of particular lights.  In the Damen render, I changed the lights to a more yellow color because Damen's skin is so blue.   I have one that I will load later this afternoon when I get home using an outside scene, with a night time Iray sky dome and then lit the character using the BOSS portrait lights.  It turned out very well I think and was way easier than any of the other night scenes I have done.

I really struggle with lighting and these have made my life very much easier while significantly improving my renders. 

edited January 2017

Apatosaurus at Dusk.  This one is slated for some postwork but I'm pretty happy wit hte way the skin turned out on the dinosaur

Apotasaurus.png
    2040 x 2040 - 6M
    edited January 2017

-The first postwork one is just a bit of dodge and burn tool and nothing else.

The second one is with a bit of fog added

The third I can't for the life of me remember the filter I used but so far this one is my favorite

This last one is more saturated.  I like this one too.

Apotasaurus Postwork 1.png
    2040 x 2040 - 6M
    Apotasaurus Postwork 2.png
    2040 x 2040 - 5M
    Apotasaurus Postwork 3.png
    2040 x 2040 - 7M
    Apotasaurus Postwork 4.png
    2040 x 2040 - 7M
  • Those last two are great!  Good job on the postwork!

Thanks!  I'm trying to make the postwork a more integral part of my workflow, now that I at least have the basics down in Studio.  One of the reasons I wanted to learn 3d art was to improve my 2d art lol.  Now it seems I am moving to the opposite end of that spectrum, wanting to improve my 3d art with 2d techniques.  I guess whatever works lol.

• That last one that's a little oversaturated reminds me of the Land Before Time dragon series.  Very nicely done, Sonja!

• Thanks!  I'm trying to make the postwork a more integral part of my workflow, now that I at least have the basics down in Studio.  One of the reasons I wanted to learn 3d art was to improve my 2d art lol.  Now it seems I am moving to the opposite end of that spectrum, wanting to improve my 3d art with 2d techniques.  I guess whatever works lol.

Whatever works.......smiley

That last one that's a little oversaturated reminds me of the Land Before Time dragon series.  Very nicely done, Sonja!

Thanks! It defintely has that vibe. I thought the Anagennesis did a great job on the dino's skin.  It looks far less plasticy than when I first started.

Thanks!  I'm trying to make the postwork a more integral part of my workflow, now that I at least have the basics down in Studio.  One of the reasons I wanted to learn 3d art was to improve my 2d art lol.  Now it seems I am moving to the opposite end of that spectrum, wanting to improve my 3d art with 2d techniques.  I guess whatever works lol.

Yes, that's a good motto to have lol!  I've always wondered why some people felt that postwork was not acceptable.  Not judging, just genuinely curious as to why some people feel that way. 

• Thanks!  I'm trying to make the postwork a more integral part of my workflow, now that I at least have the basics down in Studio.  One of the reasons I wanted to learn 3d art was to improve my 2d art lol.  Now it seems I am moving to the opposite end of that spectrum, wanting to improve my 3d art with 2d techniques.  I guess whatever works lol.

Yes, that's a good motto to have lol!  I've always wondered why some people felt that postwork was not acceptable.  Not judging, just genuinely curious as to why some people feel that way. 

I'm not sure.  

My question is: "Why do they feel a need to judge what is 'acceptable' in the first place?"   If it's judging for a contest/competition, then yeah, you want to have a consistent set of rules.  But if it's just artwork for the sake of art, why do they care?

When I started, I didn't do postwork.  Not because I didn't think it added value; but I was still learning the ins and outs of Daz Studio and hadn't yet delved into postwork.  But I always saw the benefit.  Why would you limit the tools at your disposal?  Professional photographers don't rely solely on what comes out of their cameras.  They use postwork all the time.  Why should digital 3d art be different?

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

I must have missed something.  Who is judging any artwork because it has postwork?

To date the only postwork some of my Carrara renders have is for my signature. I even later incorporated my signature within Carrara as a font object.  In any Carrara Challenge that I've been in Postwork is allowed if anyone chooses to use it, many do, and sometimes win.  I don't... why?... reason 1 is that I wish anyone seeing it knows it can be done in Carrara... reason 2 it's a rush for me to get a project done so I've run out of time... I can take quite awhile tweaking it further.  I never vote for any Carrara render with or without postwork.

I do appreciate those who indicate any entry or render if postwork was used however it was created.

This discussion has been closed.