The OMG It is 2017 This thread's end is Nigh Complaint Thread.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

You do need to bear in mind that we do not generally allow GoFundMe and the like appeals on the forum - we made exceptions for Ikyoto and Jen but wouldn't normally.

Understood.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

..crikey, the site carded me.

I feel violated!  Personal info just to look at bottles?  WTF???  I won't be following any more of those links!   angry 

Dana

huh?  i just gave them a birthdate 2.20.63 

i heard macallan the good stuff.  hugh laurie said it so it must be true.
    funny hearing dr house talking proper british accent

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

What I like about having a PC built for me is I can specify just what I need,  don't get any fancy stuff, or bloat software I don't need. and as I already have monitors key boards, mouses etc, I just need the CPU box built. It can work out a lot cheaper than buying of the shelf.    Of course the company I use won't be any good to you, but there must be similar places around in the US.  I know Jeff (Jaderail) had his last system built/ He had it built twice in fact as the first one was on a cargo plane that crashed.  Frank (Mod team) also has his built for him.

ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:

well  blended wm is a bit worse than i imagined. >.< mytheries of jcms and pose controls

but, here she is, lil 120 second ani worth a few giggles, Aiko7 in carrara

http://orig01.deviantart.net/d8e9/f/2017/007/6/c/practice_aiko7_by_realmgal-daunf1d.mp4
    for 120 seconds, not gonna put on utoob

hey she looks good :)

ty 

i gave her like .8 heavy morph, make her look a bit healthier smiley

complaint - is COOOLD

The it's cold why am I eating ice cream Complaint Thread

feeling jipped, breyers butter pecan skimping on the puh-kahns

Special Weather Statement for Northwest Suffolk County, New York

... LOW WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES AND PATCHY ICE THROUGH MONDAY MORNING... TEMPERATURES FALLING TO AROUND 5 TO 15 DEGREES ABOVE ZERO COMBINED WITH WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH THAT WILL GRADUALLY DECREASE AFTER MIDNIGHT WILL CAUSE WIND CHILLS TO FALL TO... 0 TO 5 DEGREES BELOW ZERO ACROSS THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY AND SOUTHERN CT 0 TO 5 DEGREES ABOVE ZERO FROM NORTHEAST NJ EAST ACROSS NYC AND LONG ISLAND FOR SNOW THAT MELTED ON ROADS AND SIDEWALKS, THE WATER WILL QUICKLY REFREEZE THIS EVENING CREATING PATCHY ICE OVERNIGHT. TAKE EXTRA CAUTION WHILE VENTURING OUTDOORS OVERNIGHT.

• Issuing Office: New York City

Source: National.Weather.Service

2:47pm EST, Sun Jan 8

MOONPHASE  Waxing Gibbous

TIME DESCRIPTION TEMP FEELS PRECIP HUMIDITY WIND

6:15 PM 

partly cloudy night

SUN, JAN 8

Partly Cloudy

21°  0% 49% WNW 17 mph

partly cloudy night

SUN, JAN 8

Partly Cloudy

-6° -13°  0% 49% WNW 27 km/h

Ooops I acted stupid and I do not know what to do now.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited January 2017

..I built the system I am currently working on.  Took about 18 months to learn all the ins & outs of PC design and assembly in my spare time   Fortunately at the time I was still working time and, while not having a great income, still was earning enough to put money away.  Being retired now and on a very tight fixed income which barely makes it month to month, that is no longer the case.

The nice thing about being able to BIY is I can use slightly older components to save money over state of the art stuff. Those Sandy Bridge 8 core Xeons I am looking at go for about 250$ each today, basically 2 of them would cost me about as much as a present day 6 core i7.  For rendering purposes, there is little difference between DDR3 and DDR4 and I can get an MB that supports quad channel DDR3.

Yeah I've become pretty soured on GPU rendering because of the cost for high memory cards to handle the scenes I create, driver issues, and what I refer to as the "GPU arms race" (later this year the new Volta architecture cards are to be released).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

morning. hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot night and morning is getting hotter :)

And we're about to be buried.  Snowing for almost two hours already, and is expected to keep going until midnight or later.  Blizzard conditions, whiteouts, and expected totals of 8" to 12"!  Brrr.

Dana

...snow has been falling here for about the last hour but the real issue is the threat of 3/4" of ice predicted later on.  So far the radar map still just shows snow and as long as the temps stay cold enough we might luck out at least for today. I need to go somewhere a bit later and don't want to find the sidewalks and streets turned into a skating rink when I leave for home this evening.

wuh ohs:  Ice Storm Warning for Greater Portland Metro Area, Oregon

ICE STORM WARNING Until 10:00pm , Sun Jan 8

Ooops I acted stupid and I do not know what to do now.

...let it go and move on. 

Tjohn said:

Big Mac Kitties disagree.

those kittehs look familiar, yup, even still wearing the bell collars smiley

MistyMist said:
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

morning. hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot night and morning is getting hotter :)

And we're about to be buried.  Snowing for almost two hours already, and is expected to keep going until midnight or later.  Blizzard conditions, whiteouts, and expected totals of 8" to 12"!  Brrr.

Dana

...snow has been falling here for about the last hour but the real issue is the threat of 3/4" of ice predicted later on.  So far the radar map still just shows snow and as long as the temps stay cold enough we might luck out at least for today. I need to go somewhere a bit later and don't want to find the sidewalks and streets turned into a skating rink when I leave for home this evening.

wuh ohs:  Ice Storm Warning for Greater Portland Metro Area, Oregon

ICE STORM WARNING Until 10:00pm , Sun Jan 8

...yeah they just halted streetcar service again on the East Side becuase of ice.  Looking out my window, everything is coated in a glaze of ice. Don't need to go anywhere so I'm fine.

...The It's Too Slippery For The Streetcars Complaint Thread.

...The Only Ice I Like Is What Goes In My Drink Complaint Thread .

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited January 2017
    MistyMist said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

I feel violated!  Personal info just to look at bottles?  WTF???  I won't be following any more of those links!   angry 

Dana

Birth date is an important piece of personal identification!  If I knew it was just some photos of bottles, I would have just closed the page.  I should have anyway, but I ignored my instinct.  I have to stop doing that.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    Chohole said:

What I like about having a PC built for me is I can specify just what I need,  don't get any fancy stuff, or bloat software I don't need. and as I already have monitors key boards, mouses etc, I just need the CPU box built. It can work out a lot cheaper than buying of the shelf.    Of course the company I use won't be any good to you, but there must be similar places around in the US.  I know Jeff (Jaderail) had his last system built/ He had it built twice in fact as the first one was on a cargo plane that crashed.  Frank (Mod team) also has his built for him.

I had mine built by CyberPowerPC in California and shipped to me on the east coast. I've had it about a year and have been happy with it so far. Myy only regret was that I didn't get more GPU ram (I have a 4gb GTX 970).

DanaTA said:
    MistyMist said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

Dana

Birth date is an important piece of personal identification!  If I knew it was just some photos of bottles, I would have just closed the page.  I should have anyway, but I ignored my instinct.  I have to stop doing that.

Dana

just a bottle?  >.<  sorry. was trying to share fuzzy warmth spirit feeling. 

They Glued Gears to my Spirit Complaint Thread

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited January 2017
    MistyMist said:

complaint - is COOOLD

... LOW WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES AND PATCHY ICE THROUGH MONDAY MORNING... TEMPERATURES FALLING TO AROUND 5 TO 15 DEGREES ABOVE ZERO COMBINED WITH WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH THAT WILL GRADUALLY DECREASE AFTER MIDNIGHT WILL CAUSE WIND CHILLS TO FALL TO... 0 TO 5 DEGREES BELOW ZERO ACROSS THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY AND SOUTHERN CT 0 TO 5 DEGREES ABOVE ZERO FROM NORTHEAST NJ EAST ACROSS NYC AND LONG ISLAND FOR SNOW THAT MELTED ON ROADS AND SIDEWALKS, THE WATER WILL QUICKLY REFREEZE THIS EVENING CREATING PATCHY ICE OVERNIGHT. TAKE EXTRA CAUTION WHILE VENTURING OUTDOORS OVERNIGHT.

partly cloudy night

SUN, JAN 8

Partly Cloudy

21°  0% 49% WNW 17 mph

partly cloudy night

SUN, JAN 8

Partly Cloudy

quiet here today, the only alert near me iz a false alarm

falseAlarm.jpg
    740 x 657 - 60K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited January 2017
    Chohole said:

kyoto kid said:

..I built the system I am currently working on.  Took about 18 months to learn all the ins & outs of PC design and assembly in my spare time   Fortunately at the time I was still working time and, while not having a great income, still was earning enough to put money away.  Being retired now and on a very tight fixed income which barely makes it month to month, that is no longer the case.

The nice thing about being able to BIY is I can use slightly older components to save money over state of the art stuff. Those Sandy Bridge 8 core Xeons I am looking at go for about 250$ each today, basically 2 of them would cost me about as much as a present day 6 core i7.  For rendering purposes, there is little difference between DDR3 and DDR4 and I can get an MB that supports quad channel DDR3.

Yeah I've become pretty soured on GPU rendering because of the cost for high memory cards to handle the scenes I create, driver issues, and what I refer to as the "GPU arms race" (later this year the new Volta architecture cards are to be released).

I got a very short list more suited to a tractor rather than a roadster type machine

ss.png
    358 x 94 - 55K
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:

complaint - is COOOLD

partly cloudy night

SUN, JAN 8

Partly Cloudy

21°  0% 49% WNW 17 mph

partly cloudy night

SUN, JAN 8

Partly Cloudy

quiet here today, the only alert near me iz a false alarm

...could really use some of those 76° Fs you have there right now.

edited January 2017
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:

kyoto kid said:

I got a very short list more suited to a tractor rather than a roadster type machine

..yeah mine is more like a construction utility truck than a sportscar.  Have about three times that number on the bottom of my screen (yeah, one is the Daz Beta and the other Daz 3.1 so I can use some older content that doesn't play well in 4.8/.9).

Only recognise the very first and very last icons

Post edited by kyoto kid on

non-complaint, think i've overcome the heavier obstacles to my carrara movie.
    figured how to convert geografts to conforming with a few clicks
    got a g3f and g3m into carrara

next trick is learning how to make nla clips for the face rigging.  mimic isnt going to work them/
    want face rigging in my dragon, will be a study lol, while i resist shiny new xbox

2017 can officially start naos 

The Stop Snowing on my Positive Attitude Complaint Thread

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited January 2017

Complaint:  I don't like driving in snow and we've been having a lot lately.  During winter I try to limit myself to one trip a week weather permitting.  It's an advantage of being retired.   This past week I'd already used up my one day a week trip, then I had an emergency dentist appointment a couple days later, then unfortunately, I volunteered to take a relative to have some outpatient surgery, 30 miles away, early in the morning tomorrow and I have to stick around for about 4 hours to drive him home again.  So that pretty much shoots the day tomorrow sad

But I need to do it, so today about 11:00 AM I went out and dug my car for the third time this week to be ready for tomorrow morning.  Then my landlord came about noon and plowed the driveway of the 5 inches of snow we had yesterday.  Then right after he left, it started snowing again, another 2 inches. frown  Finally about 6:00 tonight it stopped.  I bundled up and trudged out to the car to sweep it off yet again.  I'm hoping it doesn't snow anymore tonight.  My heart does a Cha-cha just sweeping off my little porch.  One of these days the other tennant in the house is going to come home and find a tubby lump lying frozen with a broom in its hand next to a half cleaned off car. no

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

...going to need a flamethrower to clear the driveway and walkway here.

10 day forecast shows more ice for next weekend. This has to be one of the worst winters for ice and freezing rain I have seen since I moved here almost 30 years ago.

If I am reading the clock right midnight is fast approaching

edited January 2017

MistyMist said:

next trick is learning how to make nla clips for the face rigging.  mimic isnt going to work them/
    want face rigging in my dragon, will be a study lol, while i resist shiny new xbox

look into animator's dope sheets if Mimic is a lost cause, a timeline you read top to bottom as if you were going through a roll of film  :)

dopesheet.gif
    623 x 841 - 249K
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:

kyoto kid said:

..yeah mine is more like a construction utility truck than a sportscar.  Have about three times that number on the bottom of my screen (yeah, one is the Daz Beta and the other Daz 3.1 so I can use some older content that doesn't play well in 4.8/.9).

Only recognise the very first and very last icons

L 2 R: Poser, Apple Motion (kinda like a layer-cult Fusion), LW Chronosculpt, LW Modeller, LW Layout, Corel Painter, Apple Final Cut, a distro of GIMP for Mac

...ah, I should have recognised Corel Painter, I have an older version on my system.

kyoto kid said:

...ah, I should have recognised Corel Painter, I have an older version on my system.

There must have been a time before Painter, don' quite recall it now :)

ps1borg said:

MistyMist said:

look into animator's dope sheets if Mimic is a lost cause, a timeline you read top to bottom as if you were going through a roll of film  :)

ty  smiley

This discussion has been closed.