The OMG It is 2017 This thread's end is Nigh Complaint Thread.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609
    Tjohn said:

Big Mac Kitties disagree.

okay but kitties think that napping at any time of the day is a good idea.

I am thinking it will be best to get off the floor next and go to bed.  Even if I do not sleep I will feel more comfy.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Very hot gusting north wind blowing holes in a storm tossed sky not helping to cool us down at all after what seems like days of intense brain-sucking heat :)

ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

...The It Feels like Absolute Zero Out Complaint Thread.

...The My Bottle Of Absolut Has Zero Vodka Left In It Complaint Thread

I love this quote from the article in my last post. "Yet the gas is not colder than zero Kelvin, but hotter. It is even hotter than at any positive temperature – the temperature scale simply does not end at infinity, but jumps to negative values instead."  Don't you just love swimming in the quantum ocean? surprise

So how about The Colder than Cold is Hotter than Hot, complaint thread

thanks for the link I get the positional stuff but it all seems to break thermodynamics 0 thru 2 at least, make head asplode :)

I should be an expert on Thermodynamics I took it twice back in the '60s. smiley Unfortunately I failed both times.sad  It was a required course but on the third try I went to my advisor and told him that "I just don't grasp thermo", and asked for a replacement course.  I forgot what he substituted but I did finally graduate.  Many years later I finally understood why I failed thermodynamics.  For me, thermo was all guess work.  Complex formulas that worked but made no sense.  It was like astronomy before Copernicus and Newton, just add circles and epicircles as needed.  It wasn't science, it was hoo-doo.  It wasn't logical it wasn't simple.  I got this epiphany sometime after I learned of chaos theory and how it affected physical systems that otherwise seemed too complex.  I felt vindicated.  I still don't know thermo in any detail but I never needed it so, no problem because I never designed rocket engines or semiconductor chips.

Dont think you were alone there, the rocket engine guys who developed the F1 motor for the Saturn V vehicle introduced chaos into the engines' test firings by detonating small explosive charges during burns that gave them enough of an insight into what was happening to make the combustion chamber self-regulate to the extent that it became the most powerful engine ever made, all by brute force rather than math.

kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

morning. hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot night and morning is getting hotter :)

...yup according to the weather service I use already 80° at 08:45 on the way to a high ot 97°, three times than what it is here right now (32° after a low of 21° and as I mentioned above, snow and ice on the way this weekend).  

Sure is hot here right now :)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    Chohole said:

laugh  laugh  laugh  laugh  laugh  cheeky

Dana

ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

morning. hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot night and morning is getting hotter :)

...yup according to the weather service I use already 80° at 08:45 on the way to a high ot 97°, three times than what it is here right now (32° after a low of 21° and as I mentioned above, snow and ice on the way this weekend).  

20F here right now...still snowing, windy...  brrrrrrrrr.  The plow just came by again.  It will be a lot of work clearing that out.  Tomorrow.  I hope.

Dana

• ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

I love this quote from the article in my last post. "Yet the gas is not colder than zero Kelvin, but hotter. It is even hotter than at any positive temperature – the temperature scale simply does not end at infinity, but jumps to negative values instead."  Don't you just love swimming in the quantum ocean? surprise

thanks for the link I get the positional stuff but it all seems to break thermodynamics 0 thru 2 at least, make head asplode :)

I should be an expert on Thermodynamics I took it twice back in the '60s. smiley Unfortunately I failed both times.sad  It was a required course but on the third try I went to my advisor and told him that "I just don't grasp thermo", and asked for a replacement course.  I forgot what he substituted but I did finally graduate.  Many years later I finally understood why I failed thermodynamics.  For me, thermo was all guess work.  Complex formulas that worked but made no sense.  It was like astronomy before Copernicus and Newton, just add circles and epicircles as needed.  It wasn't science, it was hoo-doo.  It wasn't logical it wasn't simple.  I got this epiphany sometime after I learned of chaos theory and how it affected physical systems that otherwise seemed too complex.  I felt vindicated.  I still don't know thermo in any detail but I never needed it so, no problem because I never designed rocket engines or semiconductor chips.

Dont think you were alone there, the rocket engine guys who developed the F1 motor for the Saturn V vehicle introduced chaos into the engines' test firings by detonating small explosive charges during burns that gave them enough of an insight into what was happening to make the combustion chamber self-regulate to the extent that it became the most powerful engine ever made, all by brute force rather than math.

Brute force is math.  Just because those guys didn't measure it, that doesn't mean it wasn't measurable.  Actually, they probably did measure it.  You'd be surprised just how nerdy the rocket guys were/are.  And really, that's a good thing, especially if you're the one sitting in a chair on top of a Roman Candle.  laugh

ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

20F here right now...still snowing, windy...  brrrrrrrrr.  The plow just came by again.  It will be a lot of work clearing that out.  Tomorrow.  I hope.

Dana

In 40s F here tonight.  Inside temp fell to 70, so I finally had to turn on the heat.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited January 2017

well  blended wm is a bit worse than i imagined. >.< mytheries of jcms and pose controls

but, here she is, lil 120 second ani worth a few giggles, Aiko7 in carrara

http://orig01.deviantart.net/d8e9/f/2017/007/6/c/practice_aiko7_by_realmgal-daunf1d.mp4
    for 120 seconds, not gonna put on utoob

Post edited by Chohole on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

doh, forgot about my cart, all the sales pose sets had in lost magic percents off

3:30am

a lotta snow outside, stopped snowing atleast helps

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    MistyMist said:

..crikey, the site carded me.

...well the snow began to give way to freezing rain on my way home tonight.  Fortunately got back to the 'hood before everything began to be covered in ice.  Don't need to go anywhere Sunday when it is really supposed to get bad.  27° at the surface and the ground is really cold after several days of below freezing temperatures, but the air aloft is warmer which creates the freezing rain.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

Page 98... Can Page 99 be far behind?

I cannot sleep but I barelycould sleep last night.  So tired

kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

..crikey, the site carded me.

I feel violated!  Personal info just to look at bottles?  WTF???  I won't be following any more of those links!   angry 

Dana

Tjohn said:

Page 98... Can Page 99 be far behind?

Ummm...what else would be on the road?  Or does the rain normally not hit the road in some locales?  laugh 

Dana

Morning. Orange- necked gulls flying lazy circles and swooping by twos and threes on overstuffed and heat-festered trash bins lining up by the freeway like tottering green drunks waiting for an after-party cab; a sea-change breeze blowing some cool down overheated and still mostly deserted and heat-stricken streets :)

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:

Brute force is math.  Just because those guys didn't measure it, that doesn't mean it wasn't measurable.  Actually, they probably did measure it.  You'd be surprised just how nerdy the rocket guys were/are.  And really, that's a good thing, especially if you're the one sitting in a chair on top of a Roman Candle.  laugh

ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

In 40s F here tonight.  Inside temp fell to 70, so I finally had to turn on the heat.

best I.remember is the high-temp fluid dynamics they needed weren't rediscovered (if thats the right word) until the 1970's, making the F1 team an even more remarkable crew :)

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Cool stiff breeze from the bay saved us I think, temp went down to low 60s overnight and doesn't seem to be going up again :)

kyoto kid said:

...well the snow began to give way to freezing rain on my way home tonight.  Fortunately got back to the 'hood before everything began to be covered in ice.  Don't need to go anywhere Sunday when it is really supposed to get bad.  27° at the surface and the ground is really cold after several days of below freezing temperatures, but the air aloft is warmer which creates the freezing rain.

no wonder all the sharks have headed here, all our local beaches have been closed :)

MistyMist said:

well  blended wm is a bit worse than i imagined. >.< mytheries of jcms and pose controls

but, here she is, lil 120 second ani worth a few giggles, Aiko7 in carrara

http://orig01.deviantart.net/d8e9/f/2017/007/6/c/practice_aiko7_by_realmgal-daunf1d.mp4
    for 120 seconds, not gonna put on utoob

hey she looks good :)

How does gofundme work?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

How does gofundme work?

You could ask Jen  (J,Greenlees) as her Daughter has a gofund me account going; to try and raise some money towrds all the stuff Jen needs to make it possible for her to live at home after her surgery

Chohole said:

How does gofundme work?

You could ask Jen  (J,Greenlees) as her Daughter has a gofund me account going; to try and raise some money towrds all the stuff Jen needs to make it possible for her to live at home after her surgery

Okay

edited January 2017
    Chohole said:

How does gofundme work?

Okay

However a gofundme set up the buy yourself a new computer is not in the same league as that one,  so probably not a good idea to ask her after all. Click on the link in my signature bar, and see why Jen needs help.

Post edited by Chohole on
    Chohole said:
    Chohole said:

How does gofundme work?

Okay

However a gofundme set up the buy yourself a new computer is not in the same league as that one,  so probably not a good idea to ask her after all.

true I am sorry I am not thinking

When I needed to replace my old Computer I had been putting a tenner or so away every month when my pension came in, and although it took time I eventually had enough to have a new one built.   Once that arrived I started doing the same thing again, putting a little away each pension day.   I have had this machine since Sept 2012, and now have over $500 towards the next one.

...yeah to build my dual 8 core Xeon 128 GB render system, my only hope is to hit something like the Megabucks lotto (which didn't happen again last night).

kyoto kid said:

...yeah to build my dual 8 core Xeon 128 GB render system, my only hope is to hit something like the Megabucks lotto (which didn't happen again last night).

I am not wanting something that fancy.   I want 32 GB ram :P

crying

• You do need to bear in mind that we do not generally allow GoFundMe and the like appeals on the forum - we made exceptions for Ikyoto and Jen but wouldn't normally.

This discussion has been closed.