Easy Environments: Snowy Mountains (Daz Studio & Poser) [Commercial]

Comments

• Dani Foster HerringDani Foster Herring Posts: 275
    edited December 2012

Kerya said:
    My take on translations (I am neither American nor first language English speaker, so I may be wrong):
    I *think* Dani's picture shows the one house in the neighbourhood where the owner is overdoing the christmas decoration.
    Totte seems to be into RPG (Role playing games).

Exactly! *smile*

Thank you for the kind comments!

Post edited by Dani Foster Herring on
  • FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 881
    edited December 1969

Ah, thanks for explaining!
    Now that you menitioned it, yes, I remember seeing one or the other US movie that had the neighborhood war for christmas decoration in it ;)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

your renders are all amazing..I just purchased this product so hope I can do just as well :)

edited December 1969

Ok, it`s still Winter, but that shall not keep us from proceeding to the next set. ;)

Next in line is "Mountain Trail", to be released later this week. I Hope you`ll like it!

Releasing Winter first was mostly a seasonal decision, I think if it would have been about showing the benefits of the skyboxes I`d have rather started with this one.
    When up in the mountains you`ll naturally want to look downwards sometimes, and the complete scene coverage of the box really helps here, I hope the previews display that well.

Link: Mountain Trail Gallery

Link: Easy Environments video page

mtrail_promo03.jpg
    998 x 768 - 259K
    mtrail_promo02.jpg
    998 x 768 - 280K
    edited December 1969

Looks amazing Flipmode...can't wait to learn how to use these products!

edited December 1969

Thanks Kharma! What`s to learn though? ;)

edited December 1969

For me alot :) So far I have struggled with every item I have tried to use, it's just a matter of learning the program and how things work of course . So much I don't know and want to learn immediately...definately not known for my patience lol

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

Too many people want my money! Stonemason, AlfaSeed, and now this! At least this won't be $30. :P

edited December 1969

Kharma, since you beat me 3:1 on the post count, I kinda thought you would have been with DS or Poser for a while. Guess I just don`t post much. ;)
    Anyway, I am sure you`ll get into that stuff in no time. I don`t know what software you use, but if you feel you struggle too much, maybe just try the other one?

Zaarin, what can I say, ...same pricing like on Winter. God I have to sell many of these to make the coins ring ;)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

will the mountain be an add on, or is it standalone?

edited December 1969

standalone, no need to own Winter for it.

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Kharma, since you beat me 3:1 on the post count, I kinda thought you would have been with DS or Poser for a while. Guess I just don`t post much. ;)
    Anyway, I am sure you`ll get into that stuff in no time. I don`t know what software you use, but if you feel you struggle too much, maybe just try the other one?

Zaarin, what can I say, ...same pricing like on Winter. God I have to sell many of these to make the coins ring ;)

I am just trying to learn DS 4.5 and Carrara at the moment..but I tend to start with one thing and then something else catches my attention and I move off to that. As far as posts...asking a million questions about everything...lol :)

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Anyone tried this in LuxRender yet? Are the texture maps for the skybox HDR or LDR? I see two ways this could be used in Lux:

1) Make each of the six cube faces emitters in Lux. This is simple to do in Reality, but will be a performance killer for Lux to render.

2) Combine the six cube faces into a vertical cross cubic projection map and load it as an IBL (Lux Environment Map Wiki for more info). This should render significantly faster in LuxRender. Environment maps work best with HDR sources, however, hence my original question. It will be one BIG projection file, though... 12288x16384. Lux can load that, but it will take a nice chunk of RAM...

Thanks

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Next in line is "Mountain Trail", to be released later this week. I Hope you`ll like it!

I do already, and I can't even try placing any of my characters in it (yet).
    edited December 1969

Thanks Kitty, glad you like it ;)

cwichura, I think you asked a similar thing on another one of my products (my memory is weak though), so probably you know already that I unfortunately know naught about Lux.
    With that out of the way, I don`t see why Lux shouldn`t be able to render a skybox. The materials in DS/Poser are simple, there is nothing special about them. Basicly it`s just ambience.
    The skybox textures are LDR, to be honest I am not even sure if DS and Poser can handle true HDR image formats (HDR lighting/rendering is a different thing afaik).
    As for environment maps, when I did the quick UberEnvironment2 test (a few pages back), I simply used the skybox top texture. Certainly not perfect or useable for reflections, but good enough for basic lighting.
    Anyway, if you wanted to render the complete scenes (terrain & skybox) with Lux, i guess you`d be in for quite some lighting tweaking.

Sorry if none of the above makes much sense, like I said, I don`t know Lux...just trying to give some general info that may or may not help.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Amazing. I'm soooooooooooooooooo impressed. Can't wait for this next set.

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

For what it's worth, Poser Pro/Poser Pro 2010/Poser Pro 2012 can use true HDR images...

edited December 1969

Thx Spit, glad you like it!

& thx Zaarin for the info, I stand corrected then.
    Got to admit I never payed it much mind, I mostly perceived HDR as a thing in games, where it goes together with other stuff like blooming or lens effects.

• ColemanRughColemanRugh Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Great looking sets, Flipmode!!

Looking forward to the mountain pass set!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Mountian Pass is yet ANOTHER need now set... Wow.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Wow, great one Dani!
    Everything comes together so well, looks like it was all one set.

I have to ask, what is this "neighborhood" thing?
    Totte said it on the previous page, and I start thinking I didn`t get it at all. Seems to be some (american?) christmas thing?

It's a foo-foo house! The house that is so over-decorated that it looks like Santa Claus threw up all over it. There generally is one in every neighborhood. But there are also neighborhoods that go mad for decorations as a competitive sport. People often make a trip to go and goggle at the results a part of their holiday tradition.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Love the new mountain trail...the snow set is great too!

Here is a wip that I'm still working on...

stuck_in_the_snow_test3.jpg
    1500 x 843 - 794K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

these look brilliant! I'm not interested in the winter one as I don't do winter scenes at all - having never seen snow in my life, it just doesn't grab me to render it. LOL. However, the mountain trail one grabbed me completely and I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a look at your website Flipmode, and was reading through the info on skyboxes - colour me completely intrigued. You also mentioned:

Depth of field also goes very well with landscapes, I might do a seperate tutorial on that later if there is interest in it.

Well, there is interest from me, that's for sure.

Wake me when the mountain trail is released - I'll be jumping on that for sure!!!

edited December 1969

JOdel said:

It's a foo-foo house! The house that is so over-decorated that it looks like Santa Claus threw up all over it.

lol, got it, you painted a vivid picture there ;)

Pendraia, looks great already, I like how the wheels of the cart are sunken deeply into the snow. And it`s nice how it kinda tells a story, I mean, the set pieces make sense. Please update with the final version when you have it !

@ jakiblue ...I am of a mind to do a quick depth of field tutorial soon, but I could only cover DS ...I am not good enough with Poser to teach anyone anything there.

Thanks for all new comments, I am really glad about the positive feedback...it`s encouraging, and courage I need since i am still working on the series. ;)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    JOdel said:

It's a foo-foo house! The house that is so over-decorated that it looks like Santa Claus threw up all over it.

lol, got it, you painted a vivid picture there ;)

Pendraia, looks great already, I like how the wheels of the cart are sunken deeply into the snow. And it`s nice how it kinda tells a story, I mean, the set pieces make sense. Please update with the final version when you have it !

@ jakiblue ...I am of a mind to do a quick depth of field tutorial soon, but I could only cover DS ...I am not good enough with Poser to teach anyone anything there.

Thanks for all new comments, I am really glad about the positive feedback...it`s encouraging, and courage I need since i am still working on the series. ;)

I"m a DS user only, so the tut would work for me! *grin*

edited December 1969

Link: Depth of Field (DS) Tutorial

Here you go ;)
    I tried to write it for DS beginners, explaining the most basic things.

Well, it`s the first tutorial I ever wrote, and I am no native speaker, so I hope it`s readable.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Link: Depth of Field (DS) Tutorial

Here you go ;)
    I tried to write it for DS beginners, explaining the most basic things.

Well, it`s the first tutorial I ever wrote, and I am no native speaker, so I hope it`s readable.

Since I'm a DOF beginner... I'm your target audience... I'll let you know if you managed to penetrate my level of density :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

We also have this thread about DOF, Lots of new user tips in it...
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5084/

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I dunno, flipmode... did I get it? :)

dofa.jpg
    600 x 603 - 52K
    edited December 1969

Nope, back to school with you!

Nah, looks great, can`t believe you are a DOF beginner...you should write a tutorial ;)