The OMG It is 2017 This thread's end is Nigh Complaint Thread.

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...New Year's Day part deux.  Cloudy a bit breezy and cold, only 33° ("real feel" 22°) with snow showers in the area.  Most businesses are closed, buses and trams running on Sunday schedules.   Going to get pretty frigid over the next few days with lows below 20° and highs around freezing.

Big college FB day.  My Wisconsin Badgers defeated Western Michigan in the Cotton Bowl  24 - 16. The other two Big Ten teams....meh....not so good. Iowa was pummelled by Florida 30 - 3 while Penn State is having trouble getting things going in the Rose Bowl down 10 - 0 to USC.

• kyoto kid said:
    Tjohn said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:
    hacsart said:
    MistyMist said:

is why i wont touch the 'diabetic' farmasooticals.  in my mind is linked to pancreatic cancer.

Well.. I have to admit, I'd probably not be here if it wasn;t for insulin.... 3 shots a day is a small price to pay....

...while I cringe at the thought having to take several shots every day, the oral medications tend to really mess me up.  Fortunately I am very borderline. 

Having to feel sick to my gut everyday to the point I don't want to do anything is not living.

Having almost lost a very good friend to a diabetic coma I do agree that it is far better to take advice from the Doctors and then abide by it and foloow the guidelines, diet regimes and medical advice given.

Used to share a house with a diabetic type 1 prone to getting wobbly, was a bit scary from time to time cos the symptoms come on so fast

Yeah   diabetes is not something to play around with.  I also remember when another friend was allowed (by his wife) to come on a group camp with us when we were Re-enacting.  I had a whole list of things I could or could not give him from normal camp fire cooking  and I think if she had had a chance she would have checked my car boot to make sure that the right things were included. She wasn't going to fully trust either him or I to be sensible with her nagging.

I try to follow Dr.'s orders but for an old southern boy like me, I have to have the occasional biscuit "n" sausage gravy breakfast™ or life just doesn't seem worth living.smiley

...for me it's hotcakes smothered in real butter and drowned with real maple syrup with a "healthy" side of saussages.

Oh yeah. Mmmm, real butter, real maple syrup. smiley 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
    edited January 2017

How do I delete a stupid post in Twitter?

edit: found it on Google.  that is how to delete stupid posts on Twitter.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Warming up again here under a gloomy grey sky. Made the mistake of complaining to someone in the street about gloomy grey clouds and got a lengthy and I think over complicated explanation about clockwise and counter clockwise air currents making grey clouds, think it os called mansplaining, didn't really grasp it at all except it knocked a bit of wonder out of my day :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    ps1borg said:

MistyMist said:

thinkin bout getting a goza / tatami mat to sit on floor for xbox play time.

reviewers sayin straw smell strong,  would imagin would smell nice?

I'm sitting on a big Tatami mat right now, it did have a kinda outdoorsy smell for a week or so while it was new but must be eight or nine years old now & there's nothing weird about it at all, except it isn't showing any signs of wear at all :)

ty smiley

omg, trip to laundry mat used up all my reserve energry

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...yikes it's getting cold out there.  Went out to get something for dinner and walking back into the gusty wind felt like my eyes were freezing up and it was hard to breathe.  "Real Feel" is 11°. 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006

Why am I awake so early in the morning? 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684

I got a notification from UPS that a package is being delivered today from Amazon but I do not have any packages expected to be delivered today.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited January 2017

I got a notification from UPS that a package is being delivered today from Amazon but I do not have any packages expected to be delivered today.

Go to your Amazon account on-line and check your "Orders" list.  It should describe what's been ordered, what's still in transit, and what's been delivered.  enlightened

Also, watch out for unsolicited messages being a phishing attempt to get your personal information or drop you into a malicious website.  Don't click on links in the email message, go to www.Amazon.com manually.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024

Heh - its -20C with a windchill of -25C currently.. West of us in Banff its -36C .... 

kyoto kid said:

...yikes it's getting cold out there.  Went out to get something for dinner and walking back into the gusty wind felt like my eyes were freezing up and it was hard to breathe.  "Real Feel" is 11°. 

• hacsart said:

Heh - its -20C with a windchill of -25C currently.. West of us in Banff its -36C .... 

kyoto kid said:

Every once in a while we consider moving back to Alberta, and then we are reminded why that's a big nope. lol

kyoto kid said:

does it get that cold in Oregon?

Massachusettes is a cold geology too. 8 ft snow last year. they had to truck it out. 

correlation between cold geology and legal Charlie Band Daniels?

Tjohn said:

Why am I awake so early in the morning? 

lol, how many slippers it wearing?  cute coffee mug.

Morana said:
    hacsart said:

kyoto kid said:

Every once in a while we consider moving back to Alberta, and then we are reminded why that's a big nope. lol

Alberta sees the Northern Lights, eh?

Metallica did a conert in kunnuttuck

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    MistyMist said:
    Morana said:
    hacsart said:

kyoto kid said:

We just sometimes see the Northern lights over here in the Brecon Beacons in South Wales,   but we don't have to suffer living in freezer conditions to do it.  I set my Deep Freeze to -20c

cup o joe du jour, literraly, it's called Kick Ass.

i like to call it Whup Ass, been saying Whup Ass all morning.  

The Whup Ass Complaint Thread

The They Glued Gears on my Junk Complaint Thread

• MistyMist said:
    Morana said:
    hacsart said:

kyoto kid said:

Actually, that is one thing I do miss about living there.  The lights are so beautiful.  I grew up in the country outside of Edmonton, and we got amazing shows.  I also miss the lightening storms in the summer.

Morana said:
    MistyMist said:
    Morana said:
    hacsart said:

kyoto kid said:

Actually, that is one thing I do miss about living there.  The lights are so beautiful.  I grew up in the country outside of Edmonton, and we got amazing shows.  I also miss the lightening storms in the summer.

lightning storms are romantic to watch with someone, scary too. 

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

Go to your Amazon account on-line and check your "Orders" list.  It should describe what's been ordered, what's still in transit, and what's been delivered.  enlightened

Also, watch out for unsolicited messages being a phishing attempt to get your personal information or drop you into a malicious website.  Don't click on links in the email message, go to www.Amazon.com manually.

+1 on this.  I get frequent emails that I have a package, or there was a missed delivery, from Purolator, Fedex, Amazon and others.  Pesky spam!

On a side note... apparently dogs won't eat BBQ'd Spam.  Hmmmmm.... if dogs won't eat it.... yikes!

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    Morana said:
    MistyMist said:
    Morana said:

I remember living way up north in a little town called Chetwynd, here in BC.  The northern lights up there were amazing!  We had a big bonfire party one winter, it was -35C, and when you walked away from the group huddled around the fire, you could actually hear the northern lights!  Seeing them in purple as well as the usual green was incredible.  Of course, once you also realized the trees were cracking from the cold, we quickly shuffled back to the fire!!  haha

• Chohole said:
    MistyMist said:
    Morana said:
    hacsart said:

kyoto kid said:

We just sometimes see the Northern lights over here in the Brecon Beacons in South Wales,   but we don't have to suffer living in freezer conditions to do it.  I set my Deep Freeze to -20c

Last time I saw the Northern Lights (15 or 20 years ago) here in near Buffalo, NY they were two bright perfectly straight avenues of light that looked like headlight beams from some impossibly huge spacecraft.  Weird, never seen 'em straight like that but they lasted for an hour and shimmered and changed colors and faded like Northern Lights so I guess they were.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    hacsart said:

kyoto kid said:

Trying to give us chills?  laugh 

Dana

Stryder87 said:

+1 on this.  I get frequent emails that I have a package, or there was a missed delivery, from Purolator, Fedex, Amazon and others.  Pesky spam!

On a side note... apparently dogs won't eat BBQ'd Spam.  Hmmmmm.... if dogs won't eat it.... yikes!

Considering what they will eat...yikes, indeed!   surprise 

Dana

I saw the Northern Lights a few times, separated by many years.  Once I was visiting Franconia College with a friend.  Lots of partying, lots of smoke.  This was in the very early 70's.  One night, someone was running through the dorm halls yelling, "The Northern Lights, the Northern Lights!"  We all went out, climbed up a ladder too the roof, and watched...in stoned awe.  laugh  Another time was also in the early 70's, right in my home city of Fall River, MA.  This time they were red.  And smooth, no ripples or waving.  I saw them one other time like that, also red but not as bright.  I think this was in the late 70's or early 80's.  We don't normally see them that far south, only when there is an unusual burst from the Sun.  Cool, though.

Dana

Stryder87 said:

Our dog would. laugh

Tjohn said:

lol

wonder if daleks need restrooms

This discussion has been closed.