The OMG It is 2017 This thread's end is Nigh Complaint Thread.

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 2016

You got to be kidding me...(shakes fist at 2016) crying

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/28/entertainment/debbie-reynolds-hospitalized/

Post edited by TJohn on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...sigh. 

...it's like I almost don't want to go online anymore until next year.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

had trouble finding the complaint thread.

did it always start with OMG ?

iz raining out.

MistyMist said:

iz raining out.

No. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    MistyMist said:

iz raining out.

Just bookmark it...then you don't have to search, it will be in your My Bookmarks list.  Simple.

Dana

...I've had bookmarked threads stop sending email notices form time to time. but yeah, just going to the list works as it sorts by most recent thread.

my eyes are trained to scan for The 

feels like the thread is trying to tell me 'Keep Out'  surprise

MistyMist said:

my eyes are trained to scan for The 

feels like the thread is trying to tell me 'Keep Out'  surprise

Everyone is welcome here.

well we up to page 88

The They Glued Some Gears on it Complaint Thread

tee hee, i watch that song twince a day.

does anyone understand how those soundbar speaker things work?
    i watch movies from my desktop dvd drive, the hdmi cable goes to my monitor.
    dunno where a soundbar and woofer hooks up?

iz pouring rain here. bundling up my overcoat, the sun no shining.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 2016

Morning. Had some weather here and Melbourne got a bit smashed by flash floods - as usual our old place is OK but some of the newer cardboard and cement in  the hood isn't looking so clever today :)

f.jpg
    614 x 359 - 32K
    f2.jpg
    650 x 366 - 57K
    f3.jpg
    620 x 348 - 21K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688

OMG where is the laundry powder?  I need to find some quick.

edited December 2016
    ps1borg said:

Morning. Had some weather here and Melbourne got a bit smashed by flash floods - as usual our old place is OK but some of the newer cardboard and cement in  the hood isn't looking so clever today :)

...oush, water water everywhere and then some.  That last one looks kind of like a funnel cloud forming.

So many of these new (expensive to rent) apartment blocks going up here that are built pretty flimsy. Be interesting to see what will happen to them when even a moderate quake hits the region, let alone the 9+ one expected when the Cascadia Subduction fault goes.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 2016

Upside is a bit of rain gets our garden going, these Butterfly Irises love a good soaking

ButterflyIris.JPG
    720 x 720 - 254K

...pretty.

edited December 2016
    Tjohn said:

You got to be kidding me...(shakes fist at 2016) crying

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/28/entertainment/debbie-reynolds-hospitalized/

the only thing left to do...

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    ps1borg said:

That last one looks ominous!  Glad you survived it!

Dana

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
    edited December 2016

It's New Year season and we all know the tune to Auld Lang Syne but did you realize all classical music is a variation of that theme? (not really but this is a lot of fun if you recognize any of the 152 classical themes in this "Fantasia on Auld Lang Syne")  As with much classical music, the end takes you for a ride. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ7VEXOWYUk

by Ernest Tomlinson https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Tomlinson

I recognize a great many of them but they go by so quickly and naming them without hours of research or re-listening is beyond my old brain.  Any takers? 

Here's a starter:

What....................................................................................... Time

Dvorak's "New World Symphony" ---------------------------------------18:26

Offenbach's "Can Can" ----------------------------------------------------13:14

Kachaturian's "Sabre Dance" --------------------------------------------14:51

Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" ------------------------------------------16:03

Chopin's "Funeral March" --------------------------------------------------2:53

Beethoven's Ninth Symphony ---------------------------------------------3:38

Waldenteufel's "Skater's Waltz" -------------------------------------------8:21

and on and on and on ......

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

The Wingless Wyrm never goes on sale Complaint Thread

• MistyMist said:

The Wingless Wyrm never goes on sale Complaint Thread

the wendyluvscatz never reads this complaint thread?

oh wait I am now blush

you got our weather ps1borg, it took out most of Adelaide  and SA

so we sent it east ...

• I found your storm. angry  Six inches of heavy wet glop overnight and two more this morning since I got up and cleaned off the front porch. crying

• It's New Year season and we all know the tune to Auld Lang Syne but did you realize all classical music is a variation of that theme? (not really but this is a lot of fun if you recognize any of the 152 classical themes in this "Fantasia on Auld Lang Syne")  As with much classical music, the end takes you for a ride. smiley

I recognize a great many of them but they go by so quickly and naming them without hours of research or re-listening is beyond my old brain.  Any takers? 

Here's a starter:

What....................................................................................... Time

Dvorak's "New World Symphony" ---------------------------------------8:26

Aha! They played that on a Radio 3 concert many years ago, and I haven't heard it since. I'd thought it was a one-off for the occasion. I haven't had time to listen through (and anyway Rachmaninov is Rhapsodising on Paganini) but somewhere in there there should be Nimrod from the Enigma Variations.

wearing your wellies? smiley

• latex

does that count?

Hi Wendy! (waves)

• Tjohn said:

Hi Wendy! (waves)

pulls off her glove and waves back

well, if i give up on a wingless wyrm and digitali sale,
    i could buy myself the xbox minecraft bundle for my christmas prezzie to myself

latex

does that count?

latex wellies?

sounds sexi yes

edited December 2016

It's New Year season and we all know the tune to Auld Lang Syne but did you realize all classical music is a variation of that theme? (not really but this is a lot of fun if you recognize any of the 152 classical themes in this "Fantasia on Auld Lang Syne")  As with much classical music, the end takes you for a ride. smiley

Here's a starter:

Dvorak's "New World Symphony" ---------------------------------------8:26

Aha! They played that on a Radio 3 concert many years ago, and I haven't heard it since. I'd thought it was a one-off for the occasion. I haven't had time to listen through (and anyway Rachmaninov is Rhapsodising on Paganini) but somewhere in there there should be Nimrod from the Enigma Variations.

Ah, I'm not alone! smiley  but I have to admit to an error in my list. blush Dvorak's New World Symphony is at 18:26 not 8:26   I've corrected it in my original post.

edited December 2016

Complaint: The "Nimrod" variation from Elgar's Enigma Variations had always been a favorite of mine.  Very beautiful and solemn.  Unfortunately last year, the Chautauqua Symphony Orchestra opened its season last year with a tribute to one of their longest term violinists who had been violently murdered just after the close of the previous year's season.  The master of ceremonies announced that the opening piece would be Nimrod in her honor and also made the usual plea for cell phones and gadgets to be turned off.  The piece only takes a few minutes so you'd think people could be respectful.  Unfortunately the woman next to me had a tablet with her and was watching dog and cat videos during the tribute.  I know, because the light and the moving images were an absolute distraction.  I was really trying to ignore it and concentrate on the music.  I know she felt somewhat guilty because she was trying to hide the fact that she found on-line comedy more interesting than the few minutes of special musical tribute.  After the piece was over I asked her in a voice intentionally meant to be heard two rows above and below me that I hope she found her cat videos as entertaining as the rest of us did the music and asked her if she realized how terribly distracting tablets are especially after we were asked to put them away.  This had the desired effect of getting 20 people around me looking at me curiously and then at her disapprovingly.  She then hid her tablet and sat there fuming.  Her husband sat there not saying a word.  Based on their interactions before the concert began I think he was mentally rolling on floor laughing and enjoying that someone had the nerve to call her out.  A few minutes later she got up and left the amphitheater but her husband stayed for the rest of the concert.  I'm such a beast! devil  Unfortunately now everytime I hear the "Nimrod" variation I think of that incident.

Variation #9 "Nimrod" of Elgar's "Enigma Variations" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LounIThU_8

Complaint: The "Nimrod" variation from Elgar's Enigma Variations had always been a favorite of mine.  Very beautiful and solemn.  Unfortunately last year, the Chautauqua Symphony Orchestra opened its season last year with a tribute to one of their violinists who had been murdered just after the close of the previous year's season.  The master of ceremonies announced that the opening piece would be Nimrod in her honor and also made the usual plea for cell phones and gadgets to be turned off.  The piece only takes a few minutes so you'd think people could be respectful.  Unfortunately the woman next to me had a tablet with her and was watching dog and cat videos during the tribute.  I know, because the light and the moving images were an absolute distraction.  I was really trying to ignore it and concentrate on the music.  I know she felt somewhat guilty because she was trying to hide the fact that she found on-line comedy more interesting than the few minutes of special musical tribute.  After the piece was over I asked her in a voice intentionally meant to be heard two rows above and below me that I hope she found her cat videos as entertaining as the rest of us did the music and asked her if she realized how terribly distracting tablets are especially after we were asked to put them away.  This had the desired effect of getting 20 people around me looking at me curiously and then at her disapprovingly.  She then hid her tablet and sat there fuming.  Her husband sat there not saying a word.  Based on their interactions before the concert began I think he was mentally rolling on floor laughing and enjoying that someone had the nerve to call her out.  A few minutes later she got up and left the amphitheater.  I'm such a beast!   Unfortunately now everytime I hear the "Nimrod" variation I think of that incident.

Variation #9 "Nimrod" of Elgar's "Enigma Variations" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LounIThU_8

Brings to mind the colloquial meaning of nimrod. smiley

This discussion has been closed.