Easy Environments: Snowy Mountains (Daz Studio & Poser) [Commercial]

Comments

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 881
    edited December 1969

Green scene (well, it`s named "Greenlands", so it better be green) will be the 3rd set to release, in about two weeks.
    It doesn`t have a walking path though, it`s more an open meadow. But it seems you guys like to tinker with the sets anyway, so I guess you could mix terrains/textures/skyboxes from the various sets.

The desert is likely to release a bit later, I am still working on it.

canberra_boy, yes, all sets are different builds, exept for the mixing-terrain-with-skybox thing.

Here`s a intentionally small teaser (gotta build a little drama-curve with previews, don`t I?) ;)

EE_Teaser.jpg
    450 x 780 - 127K
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Gorgeous. I was going to see if I could make one set do everything... but those just look too darn good!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

I bought this so fast it blew my mind. Of course I bought another set also but this is what were talking about. Please tell me you plan texture sets just for the skybox. I love the idea of mix-and-match and adding my own props to the premade sets.

Of course, if you do new skyboxes, you will have to do new light sets also. I'm willing to buy them. If you do them. Also look forward to the other sets.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

I'm so glad I was able to buy this; it's absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait for future sets as well. I'm pleased that your desert looks more Sahara than American Southwest--I have plenty of HDRI of the Southwest I can use, but the more sandy, dune-sea deserts are harder to find. :)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

I have found a haze camera a nice touch to diffusing the mountains in this winter scene. I particularly like the way the snow and fence work, and with the haze, the mountains have that distant misty feel.

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Green scene (well, it`s named "Greenlands", so it better be green) will be the 3rd set to release, in about two weeks.
    It doesn`t have a walking path though, it`s more an open meadow. But it seems you guys like to tinker with the sets anyway, so I guess you could mix terrains/textures/skybox from the various sets.

The desert is likely to release a bit later, I am still working on it.

canberra_boy, yes, all sets are different builds, exept for the mixing-terrain-with-skybox thing.

Here`s a intentionally small teaser (gotta build a little drama-curve with previews, don`t I?) ;)

Us tinker with the sets ;-)

These future ones look awesome, I can't wait to buy them. and I agree with Jaderail I would definitely buy sky boxes and lights.

A quick question I noticed in the desert scene you have footprints any tips on how to make those? That is one thing that is giving me fits.

But honestly I look forward to the other sets. and Thanks again for these.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I want all of them!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

This is amazing. I'm sitting here moving the camera around and around and up and down and in and out and every view is usable!

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

Bought it the moment I saw it. LOVE IT. Looking forward to more.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

Didn't see it yesterday (Eurotime) in the store, got it today. (Slapping the store in the face for hiding this).
    Now make a christmas card of my neighbors ;-)

edited December 1969

My neighbors ;-)

ströms.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 316K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

How did I miss that...straight into the cart once I saw it.

• NakiloeNakiloe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I haven't seen it in store yesterday, I'm glad I've seen it here now! It looks beautiful, and has a very friendly price! ^^

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,707
    edited December 1969

For some reason it slipped in about half-way down the first page of new releases.

• Dani Foster HerringDani Foster Herring Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Love this! Can't wait for the other sets.

thechristmastree.jpg
    1350 x 900 - 472K
    edited December 1969

Love this! Can't wait for the other sets.

Lovely, which trees did you use for that?

edited December 1969

Thanks for all the new & kind comments, and for those cool renders! It`s great to see what you guys do with the set.

One thing I wanted to mention but kept forgetting >
    The preset trees have "cast shadows off" by default. I mentioned it on the info page, but I doubt many have the patience to read all through it. It`s set up like that to keep the relatively fast render speed, especially P7 is a bit slow rendering shadows from transparent surfaces.
    Anyway, just wanted to point it out again, you might want to turn shadows on for some renders.

@ Jaderail & JK0011 about pure texture addons for the skyboxes...I hope this doesn`t come out wrong, but that wouldn`t make much sense for me. All of the sets will be priced the same as "Winter", $9.95 on Intro sale. I believe that`s already quite cheap, but for pure texture sets I`d have to go even lower obviously...and would hit a point where it just makes no sense anymore.
    But as for mix and match...all sets have the skybox as solo-preload added, so it will be really easy to use Skybox A with Terrain B (or any other props of course). And I think once I am done with those sets there will be skyboxes for pretty much every use ;)

@ JK0011 about the footprints on the desert... same way like on the "natural" Winter version, mostly displacement maps. Just check the materials.

@ SereneNight ...Aye, haze works great, and a bit of depth blur doesn`t hurt either imo ;) (Both together might be overkill though)

@ being more or less hidden below older items on the store page ...what can i say... MEEEHHH

@ Totte ...change your neighborhood please, people dressing as Santa Claus wielding bastard swords are highly suspicious!

@ Dani Foster Herring ...Poser or DS render if I may ask? I couldn`t tell and it bugs me ;) Great scene either way!

;) overkill, I can`t help it, sorry :/

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Thanks for all the new & kind comments, and for those cool renders! It`s great to see what you guys do with the set...@ Dani Foster Herring ...Poser or DS render if I may ask? I couldn`t tell and it bugs me ;) Great scene either way!

That was Poser and as a Poser (only) user, I am very appreciative that you didn't forget us. *smile*

edited December 1969

Thank you! I used designfera's Spruces and Winter Trees.
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=92952

edited December 1969

Thank you! I used designfera's Spruces and Winter Trees.
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=92952

I like thes a great deal. I tend to use predatron winter firs but these also have a lovely look.

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

Thanks Flipmode :cheese:

And I totally understand on the texture addons for the sky-boxes... And are you kidding these sets are an awesome price :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

...one more

alwaysone.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 450K
    edited December 1969

Wow, great one Dani!
    Everything comes together so well, looks like it was all one set.

I have to ask, what is this "neighborhood" thing?
    Totte said it on the previous page, and I start thinking I didn`t get it at all. Seems to be some (american?) christmas thing?

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I bought this so fast it blew my mind.

:lol:That quote just made me buy this set.
    edited December 1969

@flipmode: I'm there right now playing some RPGs ;-)

edited December 1969

...one more

Beautiful Dani! Very impressive work. I love what you did with this!

edited December 1969

Totte said:

And I am utterly confused now :ohh:

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Totte said:

And I am utterly confused now :ohh:

You wrote: "@ Totte ...change your neighborhood please, people dressing as Santa Claus wielding bastard swords are highly suspicious!" ;-)

edited December 1969

Ah, right...
    I am not any closer to understanding why you guys reference your neighbors on christmas renders, but I think I`ll live. ;)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

My take on translations (I am neither American nor first language English speaker, so I may be wrong):
    I *think* Dani's picture shows the one house in the neighbourhood where the owner is overdoing the christmas decoration.
    Totte seems to be into RPG (Role playing games).