The OMG It is 2017 This thread's end is Nigh Complaint Thread.

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:

someone I work with sent me an old school Aussie stock whip for christmas

!

A message?

Dana

Perhaps an invitation?

um iz certainly open to an interpretation or three, there has been a big crunch about working into overtime (don't!) the past two or three years but there have been big crunches before and never needed to pull out a whip...

atticanne said:
    ps1borg said:
    atticanne said:

We're supposed to hit 42 today.  Right now is 23, Real-Feel 17.  The rest of the week we should remain above freezing, with no precip.

blowing hot and cold for Christmas here, right now we caught the edge of a monsoon, the sun iz hiding behind a damp grey blanket 7 the temp dropped 30 degrees :)

Those 30 degrees drops sure are fun, aren't they? wink

Don't mind so long as I got a jacket but there seems to be more than usual optimism over temperatures in the weather forecasts lately, the latest is 110 on Christmas day, goung to take a jacket anyhow and we'll see how that all turns out :)

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Morning. South wind blowing cold as a frozen prawn when the weather forecast is for hot hot hot, feeling like a mittens and sunglasses kinda day so far :)

Here, Friday morning was 10F.  Yesterday it got to 58F!  Today it's in the middle somewhere...28F.   indecision 

Dana

having a very wet start to summer here, wet for us anyhow, iz unusual to see everything so green this time of year :)

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Dana

only a couple of hot days standing between us and wildfires when it gets as green as it is now, hopefully the monssons will dump a bit of rain about at the right time :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...was a true "dark and stormy night" last night, wind was rattling the windows and rain was coming down hard. Today, 50 blue °sky and that big glowy thing is out again.

110° on Christmas?  Ouch. It's going to be about 1/3 that where I am with the possibility of snow back in the forecast on Saturday.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I want my game to play muted so it will not disturb my roommate or the fish but the game keeps forgetting that I muted it when I log in.   Actually neither the roommate or the fish complained about the game's music or sound FX.   Actually the fish do not complain other than when they want to be fed.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    kyoto kid said:
    Tjohn said:

Okay...I'm...ready...for...class.

...sloths are cool

Especially in Zootopia!

Why they call it Zootropolis here?

Where is "here"?  Book and movie titles are sometimes changed to match the language or culture of different areas.  "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" was changed to "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" in the US because it was felt that Americans were too unsophisticated to know the history behind the Medieval search for the "Philosopher's Stone", and that they could deal with fantasy better than history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher's_stone

England. Some changes are reasonably obvious: "The Avengers" was a UK TV show, so the movie became "Avengers Assemble". "Neighbors" -> "Neighbours", again a TV show, so -> "Bad Neighbours". And of course "Free Willy" *should* have been changed to something less rude! But I can't fathom Zootopia/Zootropolis . . .

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    kyoto kid said:
    Tjohn said:

Okay...I'm...ready...for...class.

...sloths are cool

Especially in Zootopia!

Why they call it Zootropolis here?

Where is "here"?  Book and movie titles are sometimes changed to match the language or culture of different areas.  "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" was changed to "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" in the US because it was felt that Americans were too unsophisticated to know the history behind the Medieval search for the "Philosopher's Stone", and that they could deal with fantasy better than history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher's_stone

England. Some changes are reasonably obvious: "The Avengers" was a UK TV show, so the movie became "Avengers Assemble". "Neighbors" -> "Neighbours", again a TV show, so -> "Bad Neighbours". And of course "Free Willy" *should* have been changed to something less rude! But I can't fathom Zootopia/Zootropolis . . .

Robin's nest was , i think, 'three's company' here

still waiting for abfab lol

do you think a dragon has longer legs than torso? or longer torso than legs?

i mean, realistically 

• MistyMist said:

i mean, realistically 

In which reality?

I just found out I purchased Out of Touch's Olly and Dolly from Renderosity months ago.   Good thing that Rendo has a way to prevent people from buying stuff over and over again.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    MistyMist said:

i mean, realistically 

Realistically, dragons are a lot more stubby than you'd think. And much, migh lighter. It's the hollow bones . . .

I was sitting at a table and using my tablet and I had a toasted bagel and a little container of cream cheese next to me.   

Now I am sitting at a table with an empty container that had cream cheese and a Starbucks bag that had a bagel in it.  They both disappeared.   

On other notes I do not feel hungry now for some reason I cannot fathom.

Some dragons have full body shields, they can fly between planets, at dragonhyper light speeds

noi haven't.jpg
    840 x 630 - 57K
    MistyMist said:

i mean, realistically 

In which reality?

2 stars to the right, straight on til morning!

MistyMist said:

i mean, realistically 

Realistically, dragons are a lot more stubby than you'd think. And much, migh lighter. It's the hollow bones . . .

Pern firelizards?

owww oww oww ouchie

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

Happy Winter Solstice!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Tjohn said:

Happy Winter Solstice!

Those poor shivery rocks.   aww

I got a package via UPS today from my Daddy and StepMum.  I opened it up to find three Christmas presents.  I know I have to wait till Sunday to open them but I want to see what I got.   This was a surpise as I thought my Christmas present was my Thanksgiving visit to see them.   Okay today is Wednesday, then there is Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to get though.  That is four sleeps until I can open the gifts.   Oooh I want to be a good girl but why does being a good girl seem so hard?

Chohole said:
    Tjohn said:

Happy Winter Solstice!

Those poor shivery rocks.   aww

shivering cookie monsters?

...clear but cold (only in the 30s F today). 

...ag, 1,828,323 miles to go before completing my 63rd swing around the local stellar primary.

...and of course it will be raining. 

kyoto kid said:

...ag, 1,828,323 miles to go before completing my 63rd swing around the local stellar primary.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Credit card# stolen today. No financial harm done, but angry. Now I have to wait a week for a new card.

First time for me. angry.

And why am I not getting ebots for this thread any more? no

kyoto kid said:

Happy upcoming B-Day! yes

Tjohn said:

Credit card# stolen today. No financial harm done, but angry. Now I have to wait a week for a new card.

First time for me. angry.

And why am I not getting ebots for this thread any more? no

...oh no.  Thought it might have happned to me as well since I got an email receipt from a fitness club but addressed to a different person's name.  Checked my balance to make sure, and everything is OK.

Me, set foot in a fitness club with my creaky bones and joints?  You have got to be kidding.

...thank you Misty and Tjohn.

smiley

eeeks  how are texture templates for an outfit 38mb ?

kyoto kid said:

...thank you Misty and Tjohn.

Happy Birthday!

This discussion has been closed.