New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Also wish there was an easy "reset all dynamic clothing items button" so I don't have to dig through all of them to reset each one. Sigh.

Taozen's order history and download utilities can help you here. Use Order History to filter by "Dynamic" and reset, then use Download Manager to pull the files down.

I'm sympathetic to people who don't like new versions of software-- I can't stand the new "look" of the Microsoft Office products, myself. I've gotten somewhat used to it over time, but I really miss just having a menu bar where I could find things.

I've gotten used to the DS4 changes, especially since the "Darkside" theme became available. There are still times I find myself searching for functionality (facial expressions, for example) but for the most part I'm back up to speed, and I have to say 4.5 is more stable than earlier versions. The only crashes I've had have been during script development, and I caused those. ;) At least I understand why the DS4 interface was reworked-- the code to generate the windows, etc. was very kludgy before, and very difficult to maintain. I think this was probably the source of a fair number of bugs.

However, one constant I've noticed is that new versions of software require more memory than older versions. I have 6Gb RAM on the machine I usually use DS on, and I think that's a minimum. I can get it to run on a machine with 4Gb, but I wouldn't want to try to do much computationally expensive work like draping or animations.

I picked up the latest version of Poser on sale last month, but that's really because sometimes I make products that need to be usable in both, and I'm considering some shader tutorials to help people used to Poser Materials to create equivalent effects in Shader Mixer in DS. I still don't feel comfortable with the interface. With the new hair plugin coming out, more and more of the functionality that Poser has and DS doesn't is becoming available in DS now. Hopefully someone will create a plugin to implement a more flexible dynamic cloth engine in DS before too much longer. I like the ease of use of the OptiTex system, where you can pose and then drape, but it sure would be nice to be able to drape any garment. :)

• JuliKJuliK Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

Hey guys, (Sorry my english)
    I have a annoying problem here. i hope someone can help me...because i don´t know what to do anymore.
    I have the basic plugin.
    Everytime I use dynamic clothes on genesis (or v4) and put to collide with the ground (or whatever i try to collide) ... the clothes acted like there is no genesis (or v4) and no floor and it go through everything. If i´m using only genesis in a standing pose, usually works ok, but not perfect. (eg: sometimes if the cloth has long sleeve, the sleeve doesn’t “fit” in the arm as if there is no arm. [ v4 too ] )
    I already watched a video tutorial about how to use v4/m4 dynamic cloth on genesis.(i followed the tips)
    Searching for more answers some time ago, I found some posts about the subdivision….(I do not know exactly what it is, sorry my ignorance) ... But I decreased… increased ... and nothing worked.
    I tried a primitive plan (invisible) between the floor and genesis and did not work. I’m probably doing something wrong ... If anyone can help me, I’ll be eternally grateful!
    ( Or a screencap of your seetings)

And sorry if i lost any info already posted in this thread...too many pages already.

Unfortunately at the moment I can not put a picture of the problem, I hope the description is enough. :)

Edited: I use DAZ 4.5

Post edited by JuliK on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited November 2012

After getting thoroughly frustrated once again with DS4 ... I have again returned to trusty ole DS3 :D.

My latest (thanks, again, for such wonder Dynamics for Daz, Martin, even if you no longer make them for DS3) was originally created with the intent of being in the November newsletter at Rendo, but it never happened.

FWArt provided the character, promoting his newest vendor freebie, Crystal. http://www.renderosity.com/november-2012-newsletter-freebie--fwart-cms-16382?&AID=408

Featured dynamics: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dynamic-dancer-for-v4 & http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pillows

Let me know what ya'll think :D

Crystal---newsletter-300-ppi---signed---FF-Augment-Image-5-by-Aurum---FINAL-800-x-800.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 503K
    Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

@Alfinin I guess no one has an answer for you. I am sorry about that. The people in this thread are very knowledgable. I have no anwer for you because I am a rank beginner when it comes to dynamics. When I do use something it has worked for me. So no clue why for you it does not see your figure.

@Aidana A very pretty render. Makes be want to say Baby it's cold outside.

@Martin I just downloaded the new coats from the site. They are so cool, lovely, neat, mod. Just luscious. Thank you very much. Lots of detail and we have to use timeline to get them to drape right. Guess it is time to crack the books and look at the tutorials.

• guangh69guangh69 Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

These looks very good.
    Thank you very much!

edited December 1969

Oh, Martin! Thank you so much for making the coats compatible with DS3, too :D I almost didn't go check them out assuming no more DS3 stuff would be created :D

I'm so happy, I am off to render something just for fun :D

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

But Dynamic cloth work differently in DS4 and DS3?

• ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

Alfinin said:
    Hey guys, (Sorry my english)
    I have a annoying problem here. i hope someone can help me...because i don´t know what to do anymore.
    I have the basic plugin.
    Everytime I use dynamic clothes on genesis (or v4) and put to collide with the ground (or whatever i try to collide) ... the clothes acted like there is no genesis (or v4) and no floor and it go through everything. If i´m using only genesis in a standing pose, usually works ok, but not perfect. (eg: sometimes if the cloth has long sleeve, the sleeve doesn’t “fit” in the arm as if there is no arm. [ v4 too ] )
    I already watched a video tutorial about how to use v4/m4 dynamic cloth on genesis.(i followed the tips)
    Searching for more answers some time ago, I found some posts about the subdivision….(I do not know exactly what it is, sorry my ignorance) ... But I decreased… increased ... and nothing worked.
    I tried a primitive plan (invisible) between the floor and genesis and did not work. I’m probably doing something wrong ... If anyone can help me, I’ll be eternally grateful!
    ( Or a screencap of your seetings)

And sorry if i lost any info already posted in this thread...too many pages already.

Unfortunately at the moment I can not put a picture of the problem, I hope the description is enough. :)

Edited: I use DAZ 4.5

Could you post a couple of screen shots? First, a screen shot of your list of what the item you are using is set to collide with and also a screen shot of your settings for the primitive you are creating. This might help someone at least figure out if it's your settings or maybe a bug.

edited December 1969

Could you post a couple of screen shots? First, a screen shot of your list of what the item you are using is set to collide with and also a screen shot of your settings for the primitive you are creating. This might help someone at least figure out if it’s your settings or maybe a bug.

Here some screen shot:

Long angelic dress for v4 ( using on v5)
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/cap1kx.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/cap2ar.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/cap3gj.jpg/

I read something about we have to scale v5? I don't know how....

Here with one of the free dresses for v5

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/cap4y.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/cap5oe.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/cap6q.jpg/
    Apparently, this time, collided with the ground. But don't know why sometimes it doesn't collides ....
    But the dress is not posed perfect ....

• ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

That helps. If you're going to put the V4 dress on V5 or put any figure is a pose like the 2nd one (especially a dress), you need to do an animated drape--not a single frame drape--and on the first frame you'll need to make sure your figure is lined up with the clothing item and the last frame the figure will be in its final pose. DS dynamics are nice in that you can fit the dynamic item to the figure, but that only works if the figures have the same skeletal structure as the dynamic item (gen4 and genesis do not), and it has its limitations.

As for the ground, I didn't see any screen shots of your ground plane setup, but if you don't have enough sections in your ground plane, a dynamic item won't collide with it. Even subdividing won't help if you have a plane with only one section. You need to make sure you create it with enough divisions from the beginning.

Hope that helps.

edited December 1969

ThespiSis said:
    That helps. If you're going to put the V4 dress on V5 or put any figure is a pose like the 2nd one (especially a dress), you need to do an animated drape--not a single frame drape--and on the first frame you'll need to make sure your figure is lined up with the clothing item and the last frame the figure will be in its final pose. DS dynamics are nice in that you can fit the dynamic item to the figure, but that only works if the figures have the same skeletal structure as the dynamic item (gen4 and genesis do not), and it has its limitations.

As for the ground, I didn't see any screen shots of your ground plane setup, but if you don't have enough sections in your ground plane, a dynamic item won't collide with it. Even subdividing won't help if you have a plane with only one section. You need to make sure you create it with enough divisions from the beginning.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much, ThespiSis! :)
    I'll try making an animated drape. (Never thought about it before)

I only didn´t understand very well the part about the floor. I just created a primitive plane. I didn´t modified anything. See if I understood:
    I put a floor of some prop and then I create some primitive planes (hidden)? Or do I have to increase the numbers of subdivision also? (From 8 to 15 for example?) (Of all the floors?)

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Alfinin said:

I only didn´t understand very well the part about the floor. I just created a primitive plane. I didn´t modified anything. See if I understood:
    I put a floor of some prop and then I create some primitive planes (hidden)? Or do I have to increase the numbers of subdivision also? (From 8 to 15 for example?) (Of all the floors?)

When you create a primitive; you have an option to pick how many 'divisions' are in that object. The higher that number the morepolygons it has & the denser the mesh is.
    primitive.jpg
    249 x 283 - 41K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 2012

Martian I have a request ........I think it is a simple request but I don't know ..........reins ,that would be able to pin,lock attach in some way to the horse2 bridle ,cause it looks like dynamic is the only way to get them to move properly ,even just one single rein that we could duplicate .......it doesn't even have to have textures ....... maybe 2 or 3 different lengths ....... maybe even a dog leash,or a piece of rope ........

P.S.
    Yeah I just noticed that Martian hasn't posted since September .......has anyone heard from him???Anyone know if he's okay??

Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited December 1969

I also have a request ... belts, for both men and women ... and if you are feeling real generous, for DS3, too.

I find myself in need of belts that the dynamic shirts, tunics, and dresses will react to, because a non-dynamic belt just ends up being swallowed by the fabric, vs the fabric being cinched in by it.

If possible, medieval styles as well as modern styles would be so cool. So would pouches to carry one's gold coins and trinkets in from the belts would be cool, too. Low on the hip, too, not just tight to the waist.

In the meantime, anyone have any tips as to how I cinch in a tunic with a belt and have the dynamic cinch in rather than try to cover the belt?

edited December 1969

Ahhh i see now, BWSman. Right in front of my nose. *blushing*
    Thank you, guys!! :)
    I don´t know if i´ll use daz studio tonight, but tomorrow I´ll try again. I thank you in advance.
    I always had problems with dynamic clothes .... but now I'm more hopeful. * crossing fingers * ;)

I will take the oportunity and give my suggestion/request too. It would be super cool if we had more dynamic medieval dresses, tunics and clothing Roman / Greek style too (I saw one at rendo, It was perfect but then i read that it only work in poser *sniff*).
    If possible, of course. =) I love these ancient and medieval times. :D

edited December 1969

Hi guys!
    I just came to say that apparently my problem is solved. It is not perfect yet, but is muuuuch better now and I know I'm on the right path now.
    Thank you ThespiSis, BWSman and Lonnie aka Dollygirl for pointing this topic. :)

• Aneet ProductionsAneet Productions Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

I would like to see Dynamic Ball Gowns for Genesis.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Martian I have a request ........I think it is a simple request but I don't know ..........reins ,that would be able to pin,lock attach in some way to the horse2 bridle ,cause it looks like dynamic is the only way to get them to move properly ,even just one single rein that we could duplicate .......it doesn't even have to have textures ....... maybe 2 or 3 different lengths ....... maybe even a dog leash,or a piece of rope ........

P.S.
    Yeah I just noticed that Martian hasn't posted since September .......has anyone heard from him???Anyone know if he's okay??

Ditto this. Or if not Martin, maybe Draagonstorm could release a new set of Controllable Dynamic Shapes containing various ribbons, ropes, leashes, reins, etc.? It would be best to be able to position them somewhat and fasten the ends before the final drape.

• FrankDSMFrankDSM Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

OptiTex dynamic fabric presets not working on a Mac OS 10.7 in Daz 4.5.1.6

I am just getting started but have successfully animated V4 using the skirt and shirt from the ultimate pattern design kit with pins to stabilize the shoulder straps and the skirt waist.
I got the dynamic fabric presets freebie from the OptiTex website. When I select the shirt and then double click on one of the dynamic fabric presets, nothing happens. I can’t change the fabric.
 Can you help with this please?
    Thanks,
    Frank

edited December 1969

FrankDSM said:
    OptiTex dynamic fabric presets not working on a Mac OS 10.7 in Daz 4.5.1.6

I am just getting started but have successfully animated V4 using the skirt and shirt from the ultimate pattern design kit with pins to stabilize the shoulder straps and the skirt waist.
I got the dynamic fabric presets freebie from the OptiTex website. When I select the shirt and then double click on one of the dynamic fabric presets, nothing happens. I can’t change the fabric.
 Can you help with this please?
    Thanks,
    Frank

Do you have the Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in installed? The fabric presets change the properties of the fabric; which can be seen on the panels sub-tab in the Dynamic Clothing tab. If you don't have the plug-in; you won't be able to see the changes, the the will change.

DCC_panel_tab.jpg
    353 x 724 - 111K
  • mnpazanmnpazan Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

The presets will work without the control plugin, you just don't have a way of seeing that they worked other than by redraping and observing the difference in how the item behaves.

I'm still getting situated in DS4, and I'm experiencing a few issues of my own:

1) In DS3, I could rescale dynamic clothing items and individual actors within items to custom fit them to morphed characters. For example, if I had a smaller-breasted character, and I wanted to use the dynamic bikini, I could shrink the "chest" actor in the bikini top so the cups would fit correctly instead of going baggy. I can't seem to do this in DS4: I can rescale things, but the items relax/constrict back to their default size during draping.

2) In DS3, there is a "fit to" button in the perimeters tab for most dynamic clothes items. This appears to have vanished for dynamics in DS4. It exists in DS4 for non-dynamic fitted clothing items, but none of the dynamics are showing the option, regardless of which figure they're made for or being used on. This creates a lot of problems for posing, as well as rendering some items unusable (one's I paid for, interestingly, not the freebees) by causing "pose parameters too extreme" type errors that don't occur when using the same item/character/pose with the item fitted to the character in DS3.

3) I absolutely love the new freebee coats, but the starting pose provided has morph data in it that screws up my characters (resetting faces and limbs to the default blank V4, among other things), making it (and by extension, the coats) unusable. Is there a way for me to manually edit a pose file to strip out all the morph data?

Post edited by mnpazan on
  • FrankDSMFrankDSM Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Thanks for clarifying this for me. The OptiTex dynamic fabric presets work fine as shown. They affect the bend resistance, stretch resistance, etc. I mistakenly thought they also applied textures which they do not. I have also loaded other textures from standard Shaders or using fabricator.

My next question is:

Is it possible to weld or anchor 2 separate dynamic clothing figures together at a couple of places without using the pinning method?

Thanks again!
    Frank

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

mnpazan said:
    Is there a way for me to manually edit a pose file to strip out all the morph data?

Yes, but it's a tad tedious. I'd say you would be better off resaving the pose as a DS native pose preset file, with only the transforms checked in the options dialogue.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

Is it possible to get some basic dynamic clothing for Genesis?

I'm a bit bummed because i have TONS of the optitex dynamic clothes (i bought nearly all of them I think, except for newest ones) but there's hardly anything for Genesis- and that's pretty much all I use anymore!! Any chance of getting things already made either converted to genesis, or new things?? There's not even a basic tshirt for Genesis that I know of.

it's very sad T_T

I don't want to stop the release of V4/M4/other figure dynamic clothes, but I'm 100% into Genesis and moving on from Gen 4 for the most part. and that depressingly seems to be hardly any dynamics anymore.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited January 2013

There are some free ones for Genesis on the Optitex site. Pages 14, 15

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload14.php

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

a star trek uniform is cool, but i seriously need some basic clothiing items.... short sleeve tshirt, long sleeve tshirt, regular jeans ....
    i bought the M5 dynamic clothing bundle but could use a tshirtt and jeans for v5...just wishing :(

edited December 1969

a star trek uniform is cool, but i seriously need some basic clothiing items.... short sleeve tshirt, long sleeve tshirt, regular jeans ....
    i bought the M5 dynamic clothing bundle but could use a tshirtt and jeans for v5...just wishing :(

Here's a post that should interest you

Just to inform you, I am working on the free updates for all Dynamic Clothes items in the Daz store (rigged to Genesis) I uploaded to Daz 10 items until now and hope Daz will release them soon.
    Dress of your dreams, Nightwear, QiPaoDress, Kimono Dress, Flared Skirt, Flamenco Dress, Catsuit, Belly Dancer, and Beach Dress
    Ultimate Tee is already updated and available.

The Ultimate Dynamic Tee has already been updated & if you have just needs a reset.

Some of the names above are different than from the Store name so you'll have to do a bit of searching.

edited December 1969

Oh fantastic i do need that Tshirt! Resetting it now! Whee thanks so much BWSman.

Will daz let us know if they update the other store items?? I'm not sure which is dress of your dreams, but I have several of the listed ones!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Oh fantastic i do need that Tshirt! Resetting it now! Whee thanks so much BWSman.

Will daz let us know if they update the other store items??

Doubtful...other than primary software updates, there aren't really any updates being mentioned, unless someone notices something and makes a post about it.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Will daz let us know if they update the other store items?? I'm not sure which is dress of your dreams, but I have several of the listed ones!

DAZ doesn't but this thread does:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3885/