THE 4TH ANNUAL WINTER WONDERLAND contest/challenge

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    perlk said:
    OT - hi everyone! Just wanted to drop in and say hello... and share some news.

I had been in and out of the hospital pretty much the entire first two weeks of November. But on November 15, when I was admitted to the hospital with severe pre-eclampsia, and the doctors decided to induce me. The medication for induction didn't take, so on Saturday, November 17, I had a c-section and gave birth to my little son, Jesse. He was 5 weeks early, 4lb, 7.6oz and 19 inches long. He was in the NICU for 12 days, and on Thursday evening, my husband and I took him home for the first time!

So... we're home now, and I'm sure I'll have a little bit of free time to come back and start participating in contests again. I've missed you all terribly!

Here's a picture of me with him when he was in the NICU, he was about a week old here.

Congrats Mrs P!. Oh so tiny and precious

Oh Congrats Perl, he is so sweet. Hope things are doing fine now.

Strange coincidence, but I became a great Grandma on the same day you became a Mum, and he is a little boy as well. His name is Lucas, but I haven't been sent any photos yet.

• perlkperlk Posts: 840
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Dollygirl said:
    perlk said:

I had been in and out of the hospital pretty much the entire first two weeks of November. But on November 15, when I was admitted to the hospital with severe pre-eclampsia, and the doctors decided to induce me. The medication for induction didn't take, so on Saturday, November 17, I had a c-section and gave birth to my little son, Jesse. He was 5 weeks early, 4lb, 7.6oz and 19 inches long. He was in the NICU for 12 days, and on Thursday evening, my husband and I took him home for the first time!

So... we're home now, and I'm sure I'll have a little bit of free time to come back and start participating in contests again. I've missed you all terribly!

Here's a picture of me with him when he was in the NICU, he was about a week old here.

Strange coincidence, but I became a great Grandma on the same day you became a Mum, and he is a little boy as well. His name is Lucas, but I haven't been sent any photos yet.

Thanks, cho! And congrats to you, too!!!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Dollygirl said:
    perlk said:

Congratulations both of you, and Cho, you tell Neil we all want to see pics of the new little fella. ;-)

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

perlk said:

how cute is he perlk. congrats on the new addition good to see you back

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Dollygirl said:
    perlk said:

congrats grandma, my grandson is 6 1/2 now and ended up in the emergency room on Friday with a cut lip and 3 stitches. He is very rambunctious.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

druc said:
    OK, lets kick this little game off, and I hope I have complied with the rules.

"Handing over the reins"

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?_cfgetx=img.rx:600;img.ry:400;&&ACT;=50&fid=41&aid=35981_DsrNnr31L0VhyC9VdOJl&thumb=1&board_id=1

Oh, very cool!

Dana

edited December 1969

Thanks Miss B and jeeperz! :-)

edited December 1969

perlk said:

Congratulations, Perl! :-) So tiny...and so cute! I'm glad everyone is healthy!

Dana

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Congratulations, Chohole!

Dana

• edited December 1969

Congrats Perl!

edited December 1969

Thanks Dana and Chameleon!

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

Congrats Perl. He's adorable. Wait until he turns 2. :coolgrin:

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

A great Gram, cho. My how exciting. Congratulations

edited December 1969

Congrats Perl. He's adorable. Wait until he turns 2. :coolgrin:

He'll be adorable, but a little terror, I'll bet! Actually he's pretty good natured so far, we've been sleeping okay, but I'm not holding my breath that it'll last... :-)

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Congratulations on the new additions to your families Perl & Cho.

edited December 1969

Thanks all, Actually I am still having trouble believing that I can be old enough to be a Great Gran. how did that happen.

edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Congratulations on the new additions to your families Perl & Cho.

Thanks, BWSman!

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Thanks all, Actually I am still having trouble believing that I can be old enough to be a Great Gran. how did that happen.

Well, it probably all started with a romantic evening... :lol:

edited December 1969

perlk said:
    chohole said:

Yeah I guess it probably did, followed by an "Oh my god, you cannot be pregnant, we have only been married a few weeks, we need the money you earn, we have a mortgage to pay, how are we going to manage now, if you have to give up work", etc etc. Yeah I remember now. Ugh

Seriously. I hope you have as much joy with your little fellow as I have had through the years with my 2 sons. And then the grandchildren, and now the next generation starting.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    perlk said:
    chohole said:

Yeah I guess it probably did, followed by an "Oh my god, you cannot be pregnant, we have only been married a few weeks, we need the money you earn, we have a mortgage to pay, how are we going to manage now, if you have to give up work", etc etc. Yeah I remember now. Ugh

Seriously. I hope you have as much joy with your little fellow as I have had through the years with my 2 sons. And then the grandchildren, and now the next generation starting.

Thank you so much. He's already such a blessing to us, and he's only a little over 2 weeks old. I can't wait to experience all the joys of parenthood and grandparenthood!!!!

• drucdruc Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Perik and Chohole. Parenthood is a wonderful thing, Grand parenthood has the advantage of being able to spoil them rotten, teach them to be little terrors, then give them back. :smirk:

• drucdruc Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Re: Jeeperz comment "... the only suggestion I have is to put the links that are extra in a separate spot in your post, that way no one confuses them with the counted freebies"

I have edited the original post to remove the not used item. I thought I had done this already.

edited December 1969

druc said:
    Re: Jeeperz comment "... the only suggestion I have is to put the links that are extra in a separate spot in your post, that way no one confuses them with the counted freebies"

I have edited the original post to remove the not used item. I thought I had done this already.

the simple way is to put it at the end of the other links and just do a couple enters to give some space between that link and the others, you can remove it if you want to but don't need to. Confusion does tend to happen around here sometimes. but I tend to pretty grounded on that one for the most part. Either way works for me, I'm pretty easy going around here.

edited December 2012

DON'T FORGET... The 1-hour snowman mini render challenge is going on right now until the 9th Sunday. $5 DAZ GC and Santa's sleigh with gifts included from music2u4u to the winner.

Post edited by jeeperz on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

WOW!...four pages already! I'm still in November here!

CONGRATS TO OUR PERLK!

Everythings off to a great start.

:-)

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

ok...I sent my picks in for November winners. Robkelk will post the winners soon.

:-)

edited December 1969

Thanks druc and music!!! :-)

• skipper25skipper25 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OMG!!! Grandmas, Great Grandmas - who's next? Me - I'm a great grandad three times over. One forgets how tiny they are. Anyway, congrats to all.

edited December 1969

skipper25 said:
    OMG!!! Grandmas, Great Grandmas - who's next? Me - I'm a great grandad three times over. One forgets how tiny they are. Anyway, congrats to all.

Well, congratulations to you, too, then!

Dana

• edited December 1969

Oh yes Perl. Just give it two years. Lmao. My daughter is quite the...um...conversationalist, artist, and comedian. Last night she was running through my moms house butt naked except for a pair of tights on her head, and yelling "You catchin' me!" at the top of her tiny lungs.

I swear...she gets it from her dad. :)