THE 4TH ANNUAL WINTER WONDERLAND contest/challenge

Comments

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

you know.... if you wanted to..... you could switch things up and do it a little different.... maybe I might let you do it for the mini. hmmmm.... a thought

edited December 1969

after all... I never really said you couldn't enter more than one render in the mini now did I....

• edited December 1969

It's not to late to enter the mini-challenge. Is it?

12:10pm

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Hurry up! I'd love to see what you do! There is under five hours now, I think. Unless tonight isn't the deadline.

Dana

edited December 1969

still got plenty of time assassin, go for it

edited December 1969

OOoooops! I was thinking Eastern time, which I'm in. In Utah time there is about 7 hours and 35 minutes to go.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Hurry up! I'd love to see what you do! There is under five hours now, I think. Unless tonight isn't the deadline.

Dana

it is tonight, I'm going to call 81/2 hours (give or take a couple minutes) the mini contest will be closed. that way everyone will have a given time frame. I will be asleep by then so I will check posts the next morning and then make a decision sometime that day and post the winner by evening cuz I will be gone and busy most of the day tomorrow. I will try to hurry up and get my decision out, or better yet, does everyone want to do a vote for the winner??? I can let all of you decide and I can break the tie if there is any??? let me know what you thing, it could be fun. But only if you guys are going to actually vote. Let me know today and we will go from there

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

jeeperz said:
    BWSman said:
    NAE Turf War - Revisited

The first one looked too empty. Plus I found some awesome snow & ice shaders from Calida (DS only) in my runtime.
    http://www.calida3d.com/FreeDazStudio.shtml
    http://www.calida3d.com/DSFree08_MAT.shtml

too bad you did that one second, but with the trees you might not have gotten it done in under an hour. they take forever even at low rez

That second one to 8 1/2 hours to render at 1280x960. The snow flakes are 3 planes with transparencies place in front of the camera.

you know.... if you wanted to..... you could switch things up and do it a little different.... maybe I might let you do it for the mini. hmmmm.... a thought

It took me almost an hour just to position the trees; let alone anything else. Which is why it's a NAE.

Post edited by BWSman on
  • edited December 1969

12:42 by my count. Would've been sooner, but the snow wasn't falling right.

There seems to be a case of antisnowmanism going on ....

'snow mystery.

Snowmen.jpg
    993 x 740 - 526K
    edited December 1969

'snow mystery.

I think the scarecrow did it! He's angry because nobody needs him during the winter! :lol:

Dana

edited December 1969

'snow mystery.

is that for the mini assassin? did you forget to post first then do the render if it is??

edited December 1969

if your other post was it, then you got it all in within the hour

• edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

Yup. Where it says 12:10pm. I'd opened daz and the two 'slower' folders by that post, then went for it. :)
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    jeeperz said:
    BWSman said:
    NAE Turf War - Revisited

The first one looked too empty. Plus I found some awesome snow & ice shaders from Calida (DS only) in my runtime.
    http://www.calida3d.com/FreeDazStudio.shtml
    http://www.calida3d.com/DSFree08_MAT.shtml

too bad you did that one second, but with the trees you might not have gotten it done in under an hour. they take forever even at low rez

That second one to 8 1/2 hours to render at 1280x960. The snow flakes are 3 planes with transparencies place in front of the camera.

It took me almost an hour just to position the trees; let alone anything else. Which is why it's a NAE.

sounds good to me

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

Yup. Where it says 12:10pm. I'd opened daz and the two 'slower' folders by that post, then went for it. :)

that's pretty good, just over a half hour in time. that's impressive in itself. you made it then

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:
    thanks B, now I just need one more.....volunteer

ok Jeeperz, I have been lurking on this...just wanted to see if someone else was going to try to judge, but since I am going through my "once a year" blahs with 3d, and don't want to render anything, or look for freebies, I can judge. This will give me time to revitalize my love for 3d art. I get this every year, just wanna quit and throw it all away...bored...no imagination...no drive..same ole' same ole'...it usually takes a big shot of Dorsey to re-inspire me, but he has not been around like he usually is, so I will chill and judge if you want me.

:-)

thanks music, I have my judges. Now no more downer talk, "SMACKS MUSIC 3 TIMES WITH A 3D NOODLE" now stop that kind of talk

Hehehe...it's like when an animal goes into heat!...I have no control over it.

Smiles and eats the 3d noodle!

edited December 2012

ZamuelNow said:
    May come back later and post at higher quality. Daz 4.5

When stranded on a random desert island, sometimes you have to watch out for the
    HOSTILE NATIVES

HAHAHAHAHA!...I just love this!

Hostile_Natives.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 82K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 2012

jeeperz said:
    OKAY! Now that we've lured Music out of the lurky blahs and into a judge's throne, I have a snowman standing by.

My time now 9:14pm Equatorial Aardvark Time. Back in an hour or less. Hopefully.

tick tick tick

IT'S A BOMB....RUN!

OH...nah just Dorsey....false alarm folks.

edited December 2012

MINI-CONTEST ENTRY

Not as funny as I set out to do, but I realised when I was finished why, and why I came up with this scene -- there is literally no food in my fridge! (Waiting for my wife to return from The Hunt.)

Freaky Snow Baby from RuntimeDNA, fridge by Wayne Gribdberg at WG3D.

Hey...someone ate Dorsey's snowman!.....it's that darn EMU again...GET HIM!

SnowBabyFridgeEMU.jpg
    1093 x 883 - 60K
    edited December 1969

about 3 more hours for the mini contest left

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    MINI-CONTEST ENTRY

Not as funny as I set out to do, but I realised when I was finished why, and why I came up with this scene -- there is literally no food in my fridge! (Waiting for my wife to return from The Hunt.)

Freaky Snow Baby from RuntimeDNA, fridge by Wayne Gribdberg at WG3D.

Hey...someone ate Dorsey's snowman!.....it's that darn EMU again...GET HIM!

LOL

edited December 1969

mini contest is now officially closed, I will post the winner and 2 runners up later today.
    thanks everyone that joined in the fun. Only 1 newcomer this time. maybe next year some of you will enter the mini instead of lurking.

edited December 1969

This was really a tough decision, each render had it's own reasons that I liked it. Doing a render in under an hour is a tough challenge. But I just had to pick the one I like the best.

WINNER is assassin_21, I don't know how you can put so much into one render in under an hour. Not just content but the expression on the one snowman looking at the one in pieces and the fact that the baby had the perfect expression for someone who had just knocked over something and was running away. Snow and all.

2nd, was perlk with the deer and snowman. again the reflection on the pond, the sunset in the back. very well put together

3rd, and this was close, Dorseyland's snowbaby in the fridge, the shadows and lighting were great, simple yet powerful

and to BWSman & ZamuelNow, I really liked both of your renders, well done for the time limit. the others just grabbed me a bit more. Better luck next time.
    thanks to all who participate. it was fun. I will get the $5 GC to you as soon as I can assassin, I will need your e-mail addy so I can give you the code
    pm's for the prize from music will be coming in your pm box soon

snow_mystery_assanis_21.jpg
    993 x 740 - 526K
    edited December 1969

just sent out the pm's for Santa's sleigh from music to the winner and 2 and 3rd, if you don't get it let me know

• perlkperlk Posts: 840
    edited December 1969

Wow, fantastic, thank you!

Congrats to assassin and Dorseyland, too!

• edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    This was really a tough decision, each render had it's own reasons that I liked it. Doing a render in under an hour is a tough challenge. But I just had to pick the one I like the best.

WINNER is assassin_21, I don't know how you can put so much into one render in under an hour. Not just content but the expression on the one snowman looking at the one in pieces and the fact that the baby had the perfect expression for someone who had just knocked over something and was running away. Snow and all.

2nd, was perlk with the deer and snowman. again the reflection on the pond, the sunset in the back. very well put together

3rd, and this was close, Dorseyland's snowbaby in the fridge, the shadows and lighting were great, simple yet powerful

and to BWSman & ZamuelNow, I really liked both of your renders, well done for the time limit. the others just grabbed me a bit more. Better luck next time.
    thanks to all who participate. it was fun. I will get the $5 GC to you as soon as I can assassin, I will need your e-mail addy so I can give you the code
    pm's for the prize from music will be coming in your pm box soon

:bug: wow. That was unexpected. I feel elated and embarressed at once.
    I didn't do much with the figures to be honest, the three in the middle came with poses that I tweaked (mostly the middle one), the one at the side was just placed, and the baby had his arms and head tweaked up/back. The snow took much of my time with shading and moving ... hmm, when I put it that way, it sounds like I did flip all ... it probably helps that I've my snowmen and their poses all in one folder. Easy access, clear idea of what I wanted ... like I said, once I posted, I just went for it *clickclickdragclick* :red:

Congrats Perlk and Dorsey. I loved both your images. :)

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, Jeeperz and Music! Thank you too, Assassin, and congratulations as well to you and Perlk.

At the moment I'm getting bounced off 4Shared after entering the password (tried 2012 too instead of 212, just in case). Got a feeling it's just a temporary glitch on their end, though, and will try again tomorrow.

Music, you remember the song "Nantucket Sleighride" by Mountain? Gonna need a whale ...

• perlkperlk Posts: 840
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, Jeeperz and Music! Thank you too, Assassin, and congratulations as well to you and Perlk.

At the moment I'm getting bounced off 4Shared after entering the password (tried 2012 too instead of 212, just in case). Got a feeling it's just a temporary glitch on their end, though, and will try again tomorrow.

Music, you remember the song "Nantucket Sleighride" by Mountain? Gonna need a whale ...

I had the same problem...

edited December 1969

I pmed music to see what's up. we'll get it taken care of

edited December 1969

ZZZzzzzz.....
    everyone must be working or holiday shopping...