THE 4TH ANNUAL WINTER WONDERLAND contest/challenge

Comments

• perlkperlk Posts: 840
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    perlk said:

Yeah, all the smoke I could find were brushes and end up qualifying as post-work. The only fog prop I could find didn't work, I tried it and it looked silly. Oh well.

You might want to look at this for the next time:
    http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_47.htm 16from the top.

Ohhh thanks for the tip!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Mavelle said:
    Sorry I was not around I was in the hospital and just got home today.

I hope you are well now!

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

perlk said:
    OK... so here's my first entry since May...wow... hope this is okay and complies to all rules. I will be posting a post-worked version too obviously not as my main entry.

Jack's Secret

Jack Frost is the king of the cold. He reigns over all things icy, and his name is synonymous with winter's chill. But Jack has a secret. After a long day of icing the world, he enjoys a hot bath and a hot cup of cocoa. Ssshhh.... don't tell anyone...

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?_cfgetx=img.rx:600;img.ry:500;&&ACT;=50&fid=41&aid=36978_L0K8eDgXc34HcHhZBYyk&thumb=1&board_id=1

Cute story! Nice looking render, too. That blue wall really makes it pop.

Dana

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

I am still looking for 2 more judges for this month

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'll throw my hat in for a judge.

edited December 1969

thanks B, now I just need one more.....volunteer

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

Gallery updated.

Alexa :)

edited December 1969

thank you Alexa

edited December 1969

Gallery updated.

Alexa :)

hey Alexa, I was going to put the render i did for the cover in the gallery for this month, I don';t seem to remember what your dad said about it all, could you take the render in my first post and put it for the cover render instead of the banner?
    thanks

I will now go sit in the corner with a dunce cap on because I didn't pay attention in class.... LOL

edited December 1969

so I'm a bit disappointed and confused. Has no one read my posts about the mini contest but BWSman????? it's been going on for 8 days now and only 1 taker??? Looks like everyone has too much going on to spend an hour to do a render. OH well, we still have today and Sunday. maybe SOMEONE will take the challenge. If not, B will get all the prizes

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes, come on peeps this is normally such a fun contest

NAE

Poor_pussy_bitten_snowy.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 367K
  • magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

Perlk congrats on the new baby he's adorable, and just in time for tax season *wink just kiddin* BS "turf wars" funny as all get out lol love it, Merry CHristmas ya'll, working on stuff so I haven't been around much, sorry for that

Blessed Be ya'll
    MW

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    so I'm a bit disappointed and confused. Has no one read my posts about the mini contest but BWSman????? it's been going on for 8 days now and only 1 taker??? Looks like everyone has too much going on to spend an hour to do a render. OH well, we still have today and Sunday. maybe SOMEONE will take the challenge. If not, B will get all the prizes

I plan to... just been a bit occupied! Tonight. Stay tuned. Gotta get an idea first!

edited December 1969

Perlk congrats on the new baby he's adorable, and just in time for tax season *wink just kiddin* BS "turf wars" funny as all get out lol love it, Merry CHristmas ya'll, working on stuff so I haven't been around much, sorry for that

Blessed Be ya'll
    MW

Thanks, MW! Yes, he is our little precious tax deduction :-D :lol:

edited December 1969

It's now 6:35pm ET - here we go.

edited December 2012

perlk said:
    It's now 6:35pm ET - here we go.

Of course, Poser crashed and now it won't re-open. Grr... Let's start again shall we? That ok?

Actually now it won't open at all. Stay tuned, please. I'll have to start again :-(

Post edited by perlk on
    edited December 1969

Take 2. Here we go. I'll take off 15 min since I actually did manage to save it before it crashed, and I finally got it working again. So I should have something up before 8:15pm ET.

edited December 1969

hate it when poser crashes for no reason in the middle of doing something

edited December 2012

Here's my entry... preliminary render (higher quality render will take a lot longer - in fact, I might just start it rendering, with the subsurface scattering I might have to post it tomorrow morning!).

Mysterious...

Father and son come upon a mysterious man made of snow in the middle of the forest and are perplexed.

deer-snowman1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 152K
    Post edited by perlk on
    edited December 1969

got it in with lots of time to spare, good one perlk, I'll wait to put the render with my files to choose the winner from after you get the final render in.
    see how easy that is everyone....

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    got it in with lots of time to spare, good one perlk, I'll wait to put the render with my files to choose the winner from after you get the final render in.
    see how easy that is everyone....

Thanks! Given how far its gotten, I think it'll be another 3 hours until it's done, so I am off to bed, will post in the morning!

edited December 1969

that's why I tell everybody to low rez the first time, mine can take hours sometimes too just to get a decent shadows and stuff

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

ok Jeeperz, I have been lurking on this...just wanted to see if someone else was going to try to judge, but since I am going through my "once a year" blahs with 3d, and don't want to render anything, or look for freebies, I can judge. This will give me time to revitalize my love for 3d art. I get this every year, just wanna quit and throw it all away...bored...no imagination...no drive..same ole' same ole'...it usually takes a big shot of Dorsey to re-inspire me, but he has not been around like he usually is, so I will chill and judge if you want me.

:-)

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Marking time for 1 hour challenge.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

May come back later and post at higher quality. Daz 4.5

When stranded on a random desert island, sometimes you have to watch out for the
    HOSTILE NATIVES

Hostile_Natives.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 82K
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

OKAY! Now that we've lured Music out of the lurky blahs and into a judge's throne, I have a snowman standing by.

My time now 9:14pm Equatorial Aardvark Time. Back in an hour or less. Hopefully.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:

ok Jeeperz, I have been lurking on this...just wanted to see if someone else was going to try to judge, but since I am going through my "once a year" blahs with 3d, and don't want to render anything, or look for freebies, I can judge. This will give me time to revitalize my love for 3d art. I get this every year, just wanna quit and throw it all away...bored...no imagination...no drive..same ole' same ole'...it usually takes a big shot of Dorsey to re-inspire me, but he has not been around like he usually is, so I will chill and judge if you want me.

:-)

thanks music, I have my judges. Now no more downer talk, "SMACKS MUSIC 3 TIMES WITH A 3D NOODLE" now stop that kind of talk

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    May come back later and post at higher quality. Daz 4.5

When stranded on a random desert island, sometimes you have to watch out for the
    HOSTILE NATIVES

I like it Zamuel, she better know how to swim, doesn't look like she will be staying long there.

NOW it's starting to look like a mini contest

edited December 1969

OKAY! Now that we've lured Music out of the lurky blahs and into a judge's throne, I have a snowman standing by.

My time now 9:14pm Equatorial Aardvark Time. Back in an hour or less. Hopefully.

tick tick tick

edited December 1969

LAST DAY FOR THE MINI CONTEST everyone. midnight tonight will be the closing. winner announced tomorrow