THE 4TH ANNUAL WINTER WONDERLAND contest/challenge

Comments

• perlkperlk Posts: 840
    edited December 1969

Oh yes Perl. Just give it two years. Lmao. My daughter is quite the...um...conversationalist, artist, and comedian. Last night she was running through my moms house butt naked except for a pair of tights on her head, and yelling "You catchin' me!" at the top of her tiny lungs.

I swear...she gets it from her dad. :)

OMG - love it!!! :lol:

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    ok...I sent my picks in for November winners. Robkelk will post the winners soon.

:-)

What's the hurry, Music? I'm sure those who entered the November challenge can get new fingernails.

And it gives me time to add my congratulations to the proud new parent and grandparent. Perlk, that little one is going to be a real sweetie!

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Congrats, Perl!

Kendall

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

I'm a little slow getting to this, but...congratulations perlk!

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Congratulations on the (grand)parenthood!

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

perlk said:
    OT - hi everyone! Just wanted to drop in and say hello... and share some news.

I had been in and out of the hospital pretty much the entire first two weeks of November. But on November 15, when I was admitted to the hospital with severe pre-eclampsia, and the doctors decided to induce me. The medication for induction didn't take, so on Saturday, November 17, I had a c-section and gave birth to my little son, Jesse. He was 5 weeks early, 4lb, 7.6oz and 19 inches long. He was in the NICU for 12 days, and on Thursday evening, my husband and I took him home for the first time!

So... we're home now, and I'm sure I'll have a little bit of free time to come back and start participating in contests again. I've missed you all terribly!

Here's a picture of me with him when he was in the NICU, he was about a week old here.

Welcome to the world, Jesse. May we give it to you in better shape than we found it...

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

ok everyone, day 4 of the mini contest and NO takers yet. A $5 DAZ GC and Santa sleigh with gifts is up for grabs, 2nd and 3rd get the sleigh.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    ok everyone, day 4 of the mini contest and NO takers yet. A $5 DAZ GC and Santa sleigh with gifts is up for grabs, 2nd and 3rd get the sleigh.

I've been busy winding up the November Challenge... and tonight I have to go to a meeting about the 275% increase in the property assessment where I live.

Tomorrow... It can't be that difficult to put a white texture on three sphere primitives, right? %-P

edited December 1969

LOL you are excused then rob, but you don't have to make a snowman, just put one in your render. and it doesn't even need to be a free snowman, you can use one you paid for too.

silly rob.... trix are for kids..... LOL (to quote the old Trix are for kids commercial)

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Well I am sad, no PA Christmas at DAZ this year. I was so looking forward to it too. We haven't heard from westonmi for months. I hope all is well with her. I guess I am experiencing change. They say change is good.

edited December 1969

now that is a shame, you sure it's not just coming late in the month? Was a time many years ago that you had to spend all day getting stuff downloaded from all the giveaways. There are still some great kindhearted souls doing advent calendars, but just a handful anymore. Sometimes change isn't always a good thing I guess.

edited December 1969

I am not the offical say on this. Just my observation. The past three years it has been a 24 days of Christmas event here, but with the organizer not being around anymore is would seem that DAZ has no one to coordinate. Wes was a PA here at DAZ and did the thread but just about the time DAZ went to the new site, she was not coordinating anything any more. I was hoping that Cho might know more, since she may have a finger on DAZ's pulse.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I am saying only one thing

Paitience is a virtue, find it if you can.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I am saying only one thing

Paitience is a virtue, find it if you can.

Oh goody! Love ya Cho!

But it is Christmas you know! So hard to do at Christmas

:-S

edited December 1969

Ah, you're more like this then

patience_lol_cat.jpg
    500 x 374 - 29K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Ah, you're more like this then

Yep, me and the cat we "know".

edited December 1969

So, ya wanna story, do ya? Hokay, how'ziss? Wussa 'pon a time on da mythical Island of York dere was a magical place called Central Park. Central Park was da home to da mythical Beer Brewin' Elves whoes jobs it wuz t' gadder all udda mythical Brew Berries what grew on da bushes in da Park. The Brew Elves would crushes da berries t' make da beer for Ol' St. Nick sos he could fly 'round da woild deliverin' packages 'n' presents t' all da people uddda Oith. De End. Oh, and dey made pizza, too. De End.

1.) Shawn for M4++ Character Morph. Registration Required.

2.) Moustache 19th from Top.

3.) Mitch Hair

4.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3 Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right.

5.) Gruffles the Elf]Gruffles the Elf Registration Required.

6.) Pizza Box with Pizza Registration Required.

7.) Pressoir Registration Required.

8.) Wooden Crate with Apples Registration Required.

9.) Nikisatez's Free Tree Stump Registration Requied.

10.) Le-seau Registration Required. It's the bucket.

11.) Cardbord Box 1st Item.

12.) Fence 3DS Format.

The Santa Claus Outfit for Michael 3 was a free give-away from Most Digital Creations for the 2010 season and is now only available as a paid for item. So, I guess it's a paid for now? Also paid for, Michael 4, Morphs++ and Michael 3 (to set up the Santa Claus outfit). The beer bottles used in the render are, alas, no longer available.

The 3DS Models in this render were converted to .obj format for import into Studio using PoserRay, available Through This Link Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

Some of the items used in the render were Poser or Daz Studio dependent and were replaced with native Bryce materials for effect. Figure set-up in Studio 2.3 (I'm havin' a tough time with 4.5, okay?!?) and final render in Bryce 7.1 (that I got to work!). No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

Real_Man_Santa_MASTER_copy.jpg
    866 x 650 - 575K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

So, ya wanna story, do ya? Hokay, how'ziss? Wussa 'pon a time on da mythical Island of York dere was a magical place called Central Park. Central Park was da home to da mythical Beer Brewin' Elves whoes jobs it wuz t' gadder all udda mythical Brew Berries what grew on da bushes in da Park. The Brew Elves would crushes da berries t' make da beer for Ol' St. Nick sos he could fly 'round da woild deliverin' packages 'n' presents t' all da people uddda Oith. De End. Oh, and dey made pizza, too. De End.

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?_cfgetx=img.rx:600;img.ry:500;&&ACT;=50&fid=41&aid=36466_7M7Gvy8h9RyfS3G75dgw&thumb=1&board_id=1

Ah...Christmas with Da Real Man! Great! :lol:

Dana

• perlkperlk Posts: 840
    edited December 2012

Thanks for the rest of the congrats :-)

I'm trying to think about what I'm gonna do still. Question - sorry if this has been asked already - are we allowed to use the Christmas freebies from this year for our entries?

Post edited by perlk on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

I'm running behind a bit... the mini-contest area in the gallery is created and the banner for the main contest is in place. Alexa will try to get the entries in place tomorrow morning.

Kendall

edited December 1969

perlk said:
    Thanks for the rest of the congrats :-)

I'm trying to think about what I'm gonna do still. Question - sorry if this has been asked already - are we allowed to use the Christmas freebies from this year for our entries?

I will allow any "free" Christmas items out there for your render to fall under the "no count" rule, since most are only free for 1 day only.

edited December 1969

I'm running behind a bit... the mini-contest area in the gallery is created and the banner for the main contest is in place. Alexa will try to get the entries in place tomorrow morning.

Kendall

thanks Kendall and Alexa too

edited December 1969

3.) Mitch Hair

12.) Fence 3DS Format.

The Santa Claus Outfit for Michael 3 was a free give-away from Most Digital Creations for the 2010 season and is now only available as a paid for item. So, I guess it's a paid for now? Also paid for, Michael 4, Morphs++ and Michael 3 (to set up the Santa Claus outfit). The beer bottles used in the render are, alas, no longer available.

The 3DS Models in this render were converted to .obj format for import into Studio using PoserRay, available Through This Link Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

Some of the items used in the render were Poser or Daz Studio dependent and were replaced with native Bryce materials for effect. Figure set-up in Studio 2.3 (I'm havin' a tough time with 4.5, okay?!?) and final render in Bryce 7.1 (that I got to work!). No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

and what would a contest be without an appearance by da real man

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

3.) Mitch Hair

12.) Fence 3DS Format.

and what would a contest be without an appearance by da real man

I totally agree. And LG, don't forget to give him a 2nd outing in this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9770/ Pretty please.

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

I stumbled across this story (quite literally) back in my drinking days (and saw more than a few elves too).

I believe it's actually a true story, except that Ganthor's probably kidding us about the pizza, because it hasn't happened like this in many decades. God only knows what gets Santa airborne these days. Those of us old enough remember can tell the younger crowd that our presents from Santa always had a yeasty smell to them.

edited December 1969

I stumbled across this story (quite literally) back in my drinking days (and saw more than a few elves too).

I believe it's actually a true story, except that Ganthor's probably kidding us about the pizza, because it hasn't happened like this in many decades. God only knows what gets Santa airborne these days. Those of us old enough remember can tell the younger crowd that our presents from Santa always had a yeasty smell to them.

Actually, it's based on an even older legendary tale about the elves that lived in the mountains in my native state of Tennessee, except they didn't make beer. It was more...uh, corn based. What we didn't drink we used to run our go-carts. And our elves didn't make pizza, it was ham hocks and cornbread, or course.

And chohole, consider your request done. I'll be interested to see the reaction...

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It is 10:10 am EST. I am beginning the mini challenge.

edited December 2012

And with about 2 min. to spare here it the preliminary render. will resubmit with shadows.

title: Turf War

Edit: Here is the finished render. for some reason the snowflakes didn't show up in the preview render.

turf_2.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 400K
    Post edited by BWSman on
    edited December 1969

Ahh. a catapult or is that threveche (yeah, don't know how to spell it) ook out, I think they have an advantage... good one BWSman, just in time

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    Ahh. a catapult or is that threveche (yeah, don't know how to spell it) ook out, I think they have an advantage... good one BWSman, just in time

It is a catapult. A trebuchet has a longer throwing arm and uses weights to create the throwing force (a catapult uses the energy for twisting ropes to swing the arm).