Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• One of my earliest memories when I was younger were the lobsters my dad brought home for my mom to cook.  They tried to escape before she got the in the pot of hot water.  I remember lots of screaming, and all of us ending up standing on chairs until my dad came in and rescued everyone.  :)

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

Very nice animation indeed, Ivy, and one I think the kids will like.... (just one slight error in the opening title scene,cheeky couldn't help but noticing itwink) And it's been a while since I've seen any of my skydome textures used, so that was a nice surprise as well ....smileyyes

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133

Hi glaseye.. the guy that owns the film requested that I spelled it that way. in fact we almost went with just a xmas 

and you should know that your skydomes are usually my go to first domes because they are easy to work with work wit poser and daz. both. so you would properly see a lof of your skydomes used my my renders :)

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

laugh Ok, so "Fetus" was intentional. You're one of the few artists that I know off (still) using my dome+textures.... Unfortunately, support for the dome - from my side - is a bit lacking lately (my older system holding the older Vue-licenses and a DS3 install is 'kaputt' and the newer Vue versions and I do not see eye to eye very well when it comes to rendering/creating new skydome-textures....sad )

Karate Girl and the Body Snatchers 
    Join in on another Karate Girl adventure as a gang of Human Traffickers kidnap Suki the karate girl off the city streets. Follow along in the exciting 8 minute short flim as she foils their plot and have them arrested. 
    Created with Daz Studio Pro 4.9 (Free) Software ( www.Daz3d.com )

Karate Girl Adventures by - Ivy Summers ( http://www.ivysdomain.com/ )
     Credit Credits PDF# 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Nicely done!

Thank you Icedragon for watching :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

cool - and all done using DS

Thank you for watching BigH, yes everything was rendered in DS with Iray and 3dl  :)

An island girl catches a crab   ( iRAY Aanimation )  #Gallery Post
    This is just a test. I created 8 scenes testing Iray Iteration settings for animation in daz studio. this was done using a EVGA 980ti SC .The first scene I started with 35 iterations took 2 hours for a 150 key-frames . Last scene was 3500 Iterations . took 2 1/2 hours for the same amount of keyframes . . instead of making a stupid girl walking across a blank screen I threw all the test scenes together an came up with this silly animation.
    Created with DAZ STUDIO iRAY

I love it - to cute laugh

Thanks BigH.. :)

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I was waiting for the crab to get her with a claw.  Very nice.

Thank you Knittingmommy    Just a fun way to do some testing:)

Cute!  I really liked where she stumbled a bit like she stubbed her toe when she was walking.  Great detail!

thank you very much Icedragon for the nice comment I'm glad you enjoyed my animation :)

New animation release. Completely done in iRAy accept for the film editing

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Fantastic work Ivy. Love how you can practically "feel" the tumbling gymnast "push off" -- that extra burst of energy propelling her forward. Great work on soundtrack too. 

@Worlds_Edge

Thank you very much for watching my animation and the nice comment.  I am happy you enjoyed it.  I've been wanting to make a gymnastic animation for a while  and this was what i came up with :)

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Cool, Ivy!  I enjoyed that. :)  How long did that one take you from start to finish?

Thanks for watching KM :) This one didn't take to long, just a couple of weeks,  it didn't have a lot of back ground stuff  to render out so I could concentrate on the character animation more. I hand key framed pretty much this whole animation .  Ive have a bunch of balance beam  & dance poses from making this animations I'll be packaging up and releasing at sharecg.    I just have a few things i need to take care of first .

super - score 9.9 wink

bigh said:

super - score 9.9 wink

laugh Awesome

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

nice work Ivy

Thank you vey much head wax

• DrGonzo62DrGonzo62 Posts: 221

Very nicely done Ivy!
    I didn't think that animating like this was possible with DS.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Looking forward to more, please.  

DrGonzo62 said:

Very nicely done Ivy!
    I didn't think that animating like this was possible with DS.

Thank you for watching I was hoping you see it after our discussions in the commons,  As you can see, you can accomplished about any type of animation with daz,  it just takes knowing how the software works and a lot of patients

This was about 97% hand keyframed one frame at a time. I had a lot of issues with using g3 in the uneven bars scene . which is why I went back to using g2 for the thrid floor exercise scene. because I didn't have really any back ground props to render i was able to render this animation fairly quick using 1500 interationsas my base render settings.  if I would have used a building or some kind oof studio room prop  for the back ground in the scene  it properly would have taken much longer to render.  but i just used a hdri and reduced the light greatly  and added some photometic iray spot lights  and boom quick renders ..lol

Very well done Ivy! 

Thank you very much Icedragon :)