Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• Thank you!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Cool!  DarwinsMishap does it again! I'll have to take a look at Texture Transformer... came with Blacksmith3D Pro for 3D painting... still learning 3D Paint in Carrara. Great work with the tats and characters. Hope to see some pre G3 stuff since I can that will work in Carrara since I seldom bother with DS and no longer buy anything specially G3 only.

See -  Post Your Renders - #6: 57 day to Halloween - are you ready - Much more than only Renders - there are some great examples for shader settings as well. Keep an eye on magaremoto to see how to get Iray equivilant renders using Carrara's Shaders.

Hope there is room for my campsite... sure I'll pitch up my tent for awhile.

• Ohh that one's awesome too. I am SO looking forward to his release ! 

• Thank you both!  I'll look into that link as well.  ;)

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072
    edited October 2016

So, going through things to start making runtime icons I realized I have missed options from one skin set to another that I'll have to save.  Good thing, I hate forgetting crap.  One that I had forgotten was the first make up I showed off that everyone liked that I redid.  I did this for the 'normal' skin but not for the blue based.  That's fixed and it actually rendered last night!

I'll share as I go through the process of cleaning up runtime names, checking if they're all there, etc. ;) 

(edit to, you know, actually add the render. >.>)

second skin second mu.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

I like this one the best!

• thank you!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

So, going through things to start making runtime icons I realized I have missed options from one skin set to another that I'll have to save.  Good thing, I hate forgetting crap.  One that I had forgotten was the first make up I showed off that everyone liked that I redid.  I did this for the 'normal' skin but not for the blue based.  That's fixed and it actually rendered last night!

I'll share as I go through the process of cleaning up runtime names, checking if they're all there, etc. ;) 

(edit to, you know, actually add the render. >.>)

Holy wow... LOVE this. 

• Thank you!

I've added a lower gloss over his entire body (and lips) as well as two added gloss settings for the lip materials if people want them to show up like this one does.  A couple of extras, but the variety of gloss settings will come in handy with different lighting set ups.  And..Lost the last render due to a power outage.  Not enough that I blue screened three times today, but now our power is flickering out?  Hnnn.

• So, the gallery pic seen here will probably be the last one I can do until the new computer is here.  While on safe mode trying to do a diagnostics sweep, it BSoD again.  So I re-started and ended up having to go to work yesterday so I let it idle and turned the screen off.  Came home- it crashed again.  Mind you- every time so far it's requested the boot disk rather than give the option to choose which drive to re-start and I've had to do a manual shut down and re-start.  ATM, I left it off from when we came home yesterday until now, so it's not shaking the desk while it runs.  Oh-yes.  It now shakes the desk as it tries to process.  

Good news-should be Friday when I get the PC.

Bad news-Damen probably won't make it out for release until after Halloween with how long it can take in QA (depending on fixes).

Which, I am highly upset over.  I really wanted him in QA by now.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Aww, sorry to hear about your computer problems, DM. Damen is a great character and I'll be more than happy to purchase him even after Halloween. You've done a wonderful job on him!

• Thank you very much, Llynara. I do appreciate it.  I'm very pleased with how he's coming about, and can't wait to finish the fine details on him to get him ready to go.  I still have Solange to work on as well.  So much to do! lol

Another bit of good news- Malachai is just waiting for a release date, and the LIE Tattoo set I made for G3M is getting packed up!  Things are shakin' and rollin'. ;)

• I'm glad you're getting a new pc! 

Ohh glad to hear in advance that Malachai is getting released soon so I can save some money for him.

As for Damen..I don't care if he gets released before or after Halloween. I'm getting him regardless 'cause he's awesome!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Nicely done. This one reminds me vaguely of daryl hannah from Clan of the cavebear.

I don't really care when he comes out, my use for him will be year round so other than chafing a bit at the wait its all good as far as I am concerned

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited October 2016

Thank you very much, Llynara. I do appreciate it.  I'm very pleased with how he's coming about, and can't wait to finish the fine details on him to get him ready to go.  I still have Solange to work on as well.  So much to do! lol

Another bit of good news- Malachai is just waiting for a release date, and the LIE Tattoo set I made for G3M is getting packed up!  Things are shakin' and rollin'. ;)

I know that feeling! I'm doing my second book launch of the last 5 months this week, and have two more books and a short story to finish and publish in the next 6 months. Plus websites, promo art, etc to do. And working full time, along with all the other craziness of offline life. 

Can't wait to see Malachai and the LIE tattoo set. Scion looks really good in that picture you posted. The makeups for him are great, but I really like him without them. I think he's coming home with me soon!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • While it would be nice to have him for Halloween, I don't really care when he comes out as long as he DOES come out.  I'll be picking him up.  He looks great.  Hopefully, the transition to the new PC goes very smoothly! 

Bad news-Damen probably won't make it out for release until after Halloween with how long it can take in QA (depending on fixes).

Which, I am highly upset over.  I really wanted him in QA by now.

Please tell me... how long does QA normally take, on average, if a product is accepted without requiring further modifications. I'm building a library of my own content and want to eventually sell them on DAZ.

Good to hear you have the new PC coming.

• Thank you-everyone.  I do appreciate it.  Diagnostics came back; over 500,000 segments of the hard drive are now unreadable.  Definitely a dying HD.  Good thing Friday's not far away.

wgdjohn- on average?  Not long, but there are variables if there are sales.  Your best bet is to contact Daz and show them what you have in mind for selling: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207531443-How-do-I-become-a-DAZ-Published-Artist- ;

Thanks DarwinsMishap

• You're very welcome

• So, going through things to start making runtime icons I realized I have missed options from one skin set to another that I'll have to save.  Good thing, I hate forgetting crap.  One that I had forgotten was the first make up I showed off that everyone liked that I redid.  I did this for the 'normal' skin but not for the blue based.  That's fixed and it actually rendered last night!

Nicely done. This one reminds me vaguely of daryl hannah from Clan of the cavebear.

I'll take that as a compliment-but I've not seen the flick. XD May have too when/if I get time.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I'll take that as a compliment-but I've not seen the flick. XD May have too when/if I get time.

Oh it is meant to be. I think her makeup and hair were cool when she was in her shaman mode.  I'm not sure how the film really would work nowadays. I liked it at the time though.

IMG_0927.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 430K
  • Ooh.   That is awesome make up.   Thank you again for the compliment!

• Well-gonna have to wait until Tuesday for the new system. Had to special order some crap.  At least so far, the icons are rendering out without the BSoD popping up it's ugly mug at me. 

• I'd like to thank everyone for putting Damen's render into the Gallery Recent Top Picks!  Thank you!

• aaand now this stupid thing won't run CS5.  I'mma gonna go bang my head against the desk a minute and walk away.  Gotta get things done around the house anyway.  fFffft.

aaand now this stupid thing won't run CS5.  I'mma gonna go bang my head against the desk a minute and walk away.  Gotta get things done around the house anyway.  fFffft.

Did that today already lol.  Hey I'm getting a lot of laundry done instead.

• lol- been working on cleaning out the office/store rooom...cripes we have a lot of crap in here.

System "should" be here tomorrow- can't wait!

Malachai now has a tentative release date of the 28th, btw. ;)

Woot that's only 4 days away! 

We have accumulated far too much stuff and have been slowly going through and getting rid of stuff.  Just don't need all that clutter anymore.

This discussion has been closed.