Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited October 2016

Well- here's the updated first make up textures.  Again-not liking it myself, and I'm not sure why. lol  But-his teeth/mouth textures/shaders turned out nicely.  And I am pleased with the green eye textures as well.

His eyes are awesome.  I like this make up but if you don't mind my opinion, I liked it when the white parts were skin colored.  Please don't think you have to change it because of what I like but that's what struck me when I compared them side by side. And i won't be offended at all if you keep it white.  I like the white as well just not as much.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Ohh I like that version, the white makes him look more demonic.

Great eye texture. Those green eyes are gorgeous.

• Thank you!  Naw, Ice, I don't get offended easily. ;)  The first one, I realized after doing the second, looked less white because I forgot the white portion of the make up to be added to the translucency map, I think?  Maybe? *snort*

I think the green are my favorites as well-but them I'm partial to them. XD

Ok- third idea.  Kinda mixed influences here, and it's not done yet but this is the first tester.

• .............and the Eternally Damning BSoD reared it's ugly head again.  *SIGH*

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Very cool! Love the contours of his face and how the makeup accentuates them,

• Thank you!  Currently (trying) to do another tester of the torso tat and chest scarring with this skin texture and another brow option; the last one was with the blue set.  Let's see if it works.  

Thank you!  Naw, Ice, I don't get offended easily. ;)  The first one, I realized after doing the second, looked less white because I forgot the white portion of the make up to be added to the translucency map, I think?  Maybe? *snort*

Ok- third idea.  Kinda mixed influences here, and it's not done yet but this is the first tester.

Oh good.  I am always bit hesitant to say anything and it is just an opinion.  And I'm never offended if people don't agree with me lol.

I love the direction you are going here, its not quite as harsh but still very much a vivid look.  He would make an awesome necromancer or warlock....

• That looks great ! I love how it goes down his neck !

• Thank you both! :) 

• Managed to save this one- and blue screened again.  Base skin, tat and scarring with the second brow option and brown eyes.  I lowered the quality of the render so it wouldn't go so long hoping to avoid the issue.

His tats, mind you, are all going to be sacred geometry.  Something different. 

base tat scarring brow 2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 854K
  • And because I can, and it's October- 

I have a freebe.  It is a PSD file, an old one, of silouettes of people that have been impaled to add to the backgrounds of renders and such.  5 Bodies, mirrored, for a total of 10 impalements. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4azk83s1ius3yi/Impained PSD.psd?dl=0

• Ohh I like those. Very different indeed. Soooo do they come with a translation of what they mean...that is if they mean anything :P ....<----just kidding about the translation..Don't expect you to do it, even though it would be awesome..

Thanks for the freebie, my mind immediately started wandering to Vlad The Impaler when reading the description lol 

LOL @ the freebie! That's darkly funny. Your latest render looks great. Damen is coming along very nicely!

• lol- thanks.  It's an old freebie, but it still amuses me.

As for the translations- probably not gonna add those in just out of pure laziness to be honest. ;) 

• Thank you!  Naw, Ice, I don't get offended easily. ;)  The first one, I realized after doing the second, looked less white because I forgot the white portion of the make up to be added to the translucency map, I think?  Maybe? *snort*

Wow!  I love that makeup!  

Managed to save this one- and blue screened again.  Base skin, tat and scarring with the second brow option and brown eyes.  I lowered the quality of the render so it wouldn't go so long hoping to avoid the issue.

His tats, mind you, are all going to be sacred geometry.  Something different. 

He's coming along nicely, too.  :)

Thanks for the freebie.  Never know when something like that might be just the thing.  :)

edited October 2016

Love the body tattoo.  And thanks very much for the freebie. 

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • You're welcome!  and Thank you!

So, I did a rough, short render testing lights and it didn't kill the PC so I'll share it.  Think I like this set up, but now it's onto adding details such as fine lines, laugh lines and wrinkles.

• Oh, I like his eyes!  You always do such a nice job on the eyes and skin!  Yep, definitely needs a few laugh lines.  :)  I can't wait to see him at the end.  It's interesting watching your process.  You should definitely do a before and after picture at the end when you're finished.  :)

Wow

He's gorgeous! Great job!

• Thank you!  Working on his last full make up set before starting in on a few little ones like guy liner/shadow (probably only two) and moving onto the details of his skin. The first attempt I did last night was wretched, so I scrapped the files.  

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071
    edited October 2016

Just in case this dies while I'm at work- sneak peak of the (so far) three minute render;

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited October 2016

He is really versatile! Amazing how much the makeup changes his looks. I love all the options that come with your characters! I have a few of them now, and they are well done.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Wow he looks great and I agree with Llynara, he's really versatile and that make up looks great! And I really love his eyes :)

• Thank you!  Those are the Necro option.  I'll attach the final render, but here's a close up as well:

MU4.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • Slightly different in coloring due to how the layers processed on the blue skin, but I like the differences.

MU4b.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • Oh, that's my favorite so far!  I like how it looks on the blue skin with that kind of purplish cast to it.  :)

• Thank you!

I was testing the updated bumps on his face when I had another computer issue.  We'll see how it goes when I re-try. lol

• So far so good- doing a test render to see how they look then into Blacksmith to double check seams. :) Getting there.  Then there's a few material settings to save, get the arm/leg tats and another torso tat done and it'll be off to making icon renders.  Hopefully.

Slightly different in coloring due to how the layers processed on the blue skin, but I like the differences.

I really like this one.

This discussion has been closed.