Darwins' Schtuff

Been here for so many years and never thought to put up a thread for WIP's, product ideas, general experiments and crap.  Why not? It may be helpful to my swiss cheese memory to at least put things down in a collective scrapbook of sorts for me, so here it is. I'll post a few things eventually.  Everyone is invited who stops by to add ideas as well if they'd like!

Dar

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

I'll put up my tent here for camping! In other words Yay! give it to us!

• Well, thank you! I'm home for a bit this morning waiting for maintanence to show up, so maybe I'll get a WIP in. ;)

• Heck, I can post a couple of promos-

William is waiting to be released (the scarred promo) and Malachai is in testing as is my LIE tattoo presets which shows my Sion at the top and M7 in the insets.

pop up 3-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 816K
    main-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    main-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 688K
  • Can't wait to see how your mind works!  I'll pitch a tent somewhere near Linwelly's!  :)

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I'll pitch a tent somewhere near Linwelly's!  :)

I'd like to say that too, but as I'm a guy it may be misinterpreted...

Considering what currently is in the store, I'm looking forward to what may come in the future.

• lol- thank you!  Hopefully I'll have a WIP soon to post. ;)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited October 2016

Pitching my tent next to KM an Linwelly....Love the tattoos. I would love more tattoos myself, but my husband isn't a big fan of them so I quite enjoy being able to put them on my characters lol.  My daughter has a stunning full back tattoo that I am rather envious of lol.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,609

I'm here looking for freebies. 

Where's the free stuff?

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    isidorn said:

I'll pitch a tent somewhere near Linwelly's!  :)

I'd like to say that too, but as I'm a guy it may be misinterpreted...

Considering what currently is in the store, I'm looking forward to what may come in the future.

You are prone to get into shenanigans anyway, so don't be shy cheeky

I like the tatoo work, Darwin, but the guy I want to see them on is William, he looks like I want to grab himblush.

• Free Schtuff?  Huh- haven't made freebies in a while.  There's an idear, Lyoness. :)

Thank you, everyone.  I do appreciate the mini-tent city we've started!  :)  Regarding tat-work-I will honestly say when I started making my own I was surprised at many different ways were out there to do them once I started digging.  That was five-six years ago.  It took a long time before I started showing any of them on my character renders before I became a vendor, and I was surprised -pleasantly so- at the positive feedback when I did.  

I'm glad you like Will, Linwelly!  I have a few personal favs, Scion, William, Trystan (he is my M4 guy), Oubre...and I have a list of future dudes/dudettes that need to come to life.

So, I have two WIP's to show.  

This is Solange for G3F.  Found the name from an actress and liked it, so I've nicknamed her Sol.

Just started her Thursday night, so there's much work to do.  Converted a MR from V4 that stated in the readme that it could be used for any model with the Texture Transformer program, so seams and stuff still have to be gone over and there's tweaking to do on her skin shaders still.  I borrored an eye material from Dmitri for now until she has her own.

This is Damen for G3M.  He began last night.  There are elf-like ears behind that hair, and the skin was just started last night as well as his morphs-so no eyebrows yet.  

• And just started Damen's second skin option- needs a lot of work, but it gets the idea across.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

WOW WOW WOW everyone looking great so far I am very interested to see how they are all going to turn out.

• Thank you!  Unfortunately I could not get the facial rigging corrected for the Damen Head Morph, so I had to re-start him over.  The idea of the morph is the same, but there will be differences.  I'm just not that great at manually correcting individual facial rig portions to get the expressions to work with the first attempt.  Le sigh.

• new facial morph that cooperates with the rigging tweaks!  Updated the brows as well to blend better into the skin, some tweaking on settings and now to work on details on the bump and spec maps.

brow 1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 961K

OMG I so love the cheek bones on him, almost Indian like.

I just love the features on Indian people so strong yet gentle.

• Thank you. :) 

You very welcome :))

• new facial morph that cooperates with the rigging tweaks!  Updated the brows as well to blend better into the skin, some tweaking on settings and now to work on details on the bump and spec maps.

He's kind of cute!  :)  He has an interesting look with that jaw and square chin. 

• I'm going to put down my tent here too. 

Swiss cheese memory hmmm, sounds a lot like me lol...

Love the look of both Solange and Damen. You make some really unique and gorgeous characters.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072
    edited October 2016

Why thank you, Knittingmommy and Ferretmania!  I do appreciate it. :)

Been toying with make ups for Damen for Halloween (if I can get him into the que for testing for a release date before then; I'mma tryin')

First tester has been rendered.  Doing a secondary-but I'm leaning for this one so far.  Also, the second is a tester for a different brow type-shown in one of the renders further up. Tweaked it further to blend better into the skin, and added a reddish/blondish coloring to the hairs.  Trying to get a lighter and a darker brow (they will be different shapes, though) for the "normal" skin and the "etheral" or blue based skins.  Testing normal maps as well on both.

mu 1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 765K
    testing normals.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 869K
    Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • And the secondary idea...Gonna pan back the camera and get different angles/views of both.  Welcome to my testing phase.  lol

mu 2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 734K
  • Looks good so far!  :)  That last one is absolutely perfect for Halloween.

• Great make-up and I agree with Knittingmommy, perfect for Halloween.

They sort of made me think of El Diablo from Suicide Squad, awesome!

• Thank you!  I went with the second idea and improved on it.. I think you'll like how it renders out.  I'll post it up when it's finished and move on. ;)

• well- I can show it while it's rendering.  A screen shot-just started his cooking: 

Wow looks fantastic!  Are you keeping the first make up option as well or just the second?

• Thanks!  Wait til you see the second tester. ;)  I dunno...If people like the first, I'll see about tweaking that as well.  The make up options are going for the 'normal' skin tone as well as the etheral blue based, so ...only if people want it. 

I really like the first one... I think it could be used for other renders than just horror, which makes it versatile and I really like the black and red together.  The second one is really cool too but definitely has a horror, Halloween vibe. (that's good, and will actually work pretty well for a couple of things in my story) but I really fell for the first one lol.

• Yeah, the first one reminded me of so many band front men as I was playing with it. lol  When this one is tweaked and finished, I'll see if I can flesh out the first one properly instead of scribbling the idea out like I did. My process. XD  Scribble, then re-do...and re-do..  Gonna do a few others as well such as basic if messy liner, dark shadow with no liner, and possibly a full fledged gothic face. So far, he has two contact sets as well, three sclera sets (blood shot, normal and necro) along with various natural and fantasy iris colors.  Worked on a chest scarrification as well as started out the arm tatoos.  May slap a couple of nail colors in there to and make him a properly rounded out dark styled character. We'll see.

• I know this will be of no helpl, but I like both options!  :)  I  would love to see that other skin be included as well.  

This discussion has been closed.