Realistic Renders...NOT!! 11 "Hello Rogerbee!"

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Oh yeah,

I keep seeing Genesis promos where the figures are wearing V4 Basicwear, however, this, as far as I know, was never released for Genesis, I could understand if the figures were using the V4 shapes, but, some aren't! Ok yeah, DS users can probably auto fit it, but Poser users can't, also, they do Reby Sky for Genesis, BUT, no Genesis version of her hair and I can't get the one I have to fit Genesis at all. Bizarre!

CHEERS!

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited November 2012

Ho man that bites that you guys dont get auto fit. Its useless for a lot of shoes it still works well with clothes like in this render Hongu's Jersey dress Crash scene

8075339303_47560dcc75_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 248K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969
    8075339303_47560dcc75_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 199K
    edited December 1969

Well, we sort of do in that DSON has a Transfer Active Morphs script, but, it's only really for Genesis clothes. I tried it on the Shadowdancer top and it looked to disappear! Perhaps I'll try it on some other stuff and see what happens.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Good luck!

edited December 1969

Actually I think Poser Place's Outfitter might help, never used it before, hmmmm......

CHEERS!

• kalazarkalazar Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

Trying to get the hang of lighting. All comments appreciated. Used 2 mesh lights.

reality_sceneMorg3_(1000_x_800).jpg
    1000 x 800 - 130K
    reality_sceneDesertPrisioner5_(1000_x_800).jpg
    1000 x 800 - 175K
    edited November 2012

Looking good,

I'm sure if you search on here there will be some lighting tutorials, I'm assuming you're using DS so the one I used by Caisson won't be of any use.

Meanwhile, I've been making and plugging normal maps into some of the Mec4D characters, just skin_face and I quite like what I'm seeing. You only notice differences when you look at old renders side by side, but, to me anyway, they look better.

I also rendered the old Jude texture with EZSkin 2 and again the results were gratifying. I love the eye textures, they really pop, something tells me that this will be a must buy:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/look-at-me-eyes-2

CHEERS!

V5_Jules.jpg
    588 x 600 - 145K
    M5_Terry_B_EZ_Normal_Map.jpg
    588 x 600 - 161K
    M5_Hunk_EZ_Normal_Map.jpg
    588 x 600 - 117K
    M5_Eli_EZ_Normal_Map.jpg
    588 x 600 - 136K
    Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Cool you will come to the Lux side I cant render without it anymore

...only when I finally have the hardware to support it and can afford the upgrade for Studio 4.5.

Of course if DreamLight ever updates LDP and MoodMaster for 4.5, that could change things.

edited November 2012

I had my PC serviced they changed the HDD therefore my machine had been re formatted so this time I did not bother installing 3. Nice thing is I didnt install the additional content with 4.5 since I had backed up my DAZ3D folder to an external drive. Due to that 4.5 loads much faster without a default Genesis.

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5Pro is free, does that not come with what you need in DS to create DSON content!?

I notice, however, that DSON itself is now no longer free, glad I got it when I did, so I just have to download the updates.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Nothing it just saves in that format

edited December 1969

Oh, of course, it now uses DUF's. You do need something to convert older format stuff to DUF though, don't you!?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Oh, of course, it now uses DUF's. You do need something to convert older format stuff to DUF though, don't you!?

CHEERS!

No not with DS

edited December 1969

I see, not that I'm really bothered. I just want Pret to release Reality for Poser.

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

No not with DS
    ...true, I've saved entire scenes created in 3.2 and 4.0 to .duf format. Unfortunately it is hit & miss as sometimes the texture maps go a little wiggy for some reason.

However building scenes with older content in 4.5 and then saving it (.duf is the default) works fine.

I actually created a fully weight mapped Steph 4 (without the use of GenX) however because of the geometry change most character injection morph sets and add on texture maps no longer work. The trick I found is to build the desired character with all the Gen4 morphs and textures you need before converting it to a weight mapped figure. So basically I could have a fully weight mapped "Leela" figure without adding the extra poly weight of Genesis. By converting her to a General Weight Mapped figure, theoretically I should then be able to use her in Poser Pro2012.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

DS4.5 Pro has those featured built in. It's not done through a plugin.

edited December 1969

That's cool, for you DS guys anyway,

I had a bit of a surprise with the next render. It's the head I made for my Byson render, but, I put the no hair texture for Terry B on it and plugged in a normal map. The surprise was that the render is a dead ringer for Lafayette from True Blood, only SAV could do better! All I did was dial the nose and the bottom lip et voila! The texture helps a lot though.

CHEERS!

M5_Terry_B_No_Hair_EZ_Normal_Map.jpg
    588 x 600 - 176K
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

That's cool, for you DS guys anyway,

I had a bit of a surprise with the next render. It's the head I made for my Byson render, but, I put the no hair texture for Terry B on it and plugged in a normal map. The surprise was that the render is a dead ringer for Lafayette from True Blood, only SAV could do better! All I did was dial the nose and the bottom lip et voila! The texture helps a lot though.

CHEERS!

I'm not a DS guy, I'm a Poser guy. But I have DS installed and have practiced with the Poser conversion process. Pretty easy when you get familiar with it.

edited December 1969

LOL, the avatar kinda gave that away!

I don't know if I can be bothered getting it, Daz will DSON most of the stuff I'm interested in soon enough anyway. Hopefully the rest of the stores and artists will start DSON'ing more of their stuff and consign Gen 4 to history where it now belongs. Daz started it and now they've pretty much ended it.

CHEERS!

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Nice work! Your thread title fooled me. RR NOT! I've been skipping because I assumed that they would be Poser 4 style. Whoops!

Rogerbee said:
    Great looking renders,

I couldn't get in to post mine last night as the site was down. Regarding Luxrender, Pret A 3D hope to have Reality for Poser released this month, I can hardly wait for that! There's a demo video on their site and it looks amazing, the promo render of Dublin that they did looks incredible. I'll be prepared to sit out the long render times if they can guarantee results like that every time!

After a bit of experimentation with normal maps, and a nifty Photoshop plug in from Nvidia that creates them, I decided to revamp Swidhelm's Alien. It had no proper bump or specular maps so I created them from scratch and also did some normal maps. After a rather lengthy process of applying them all to the figure (the tail has over 30 elements, each needing its own maps) I was ready to render.

Below are the results, to save me having to apply them every time, I saved the .cr2!

Enjoy

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Welcome back Eric,

The thread title was Wolfie's, I just decided to carry on the tradition.

CHEERS!

edited November 2012
    7120669485_5d5709bed2_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 291K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 293K
    edited November 2012
    800 x 426 - 233K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Cool renders,

Nothing from me today as I've been doing a bit of digital housekeeping. I can highly recommend CCleaner and Defraggler by Piriform for these tasks.

Normal service will resume shortly

CHEERS!

edited November 2012

Rogerbee said:

Cool renders,

Nothing from me today as I've been doing a bit of digital housekeeping. I can highly recommend CCleaner and Defraggler by Piriform for these tasks.

Normal service will resume shortly

CHEERS!

I use CC and Defraggler from Piriform, As I keep mentioning Lux gives me results I cannot obtain in 3Delight

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Hopefully I'll be using Lux before the month is out.

I found out about the Piriform products only days after paying my second yearly installment for Speedmax before finding out it was a complete con! I cancelled the next payment quick smart and uninstalled it.

You live and learn....

CHEERS!

edited November 2012

I don't know what it is about these normal maps, but, I'm liking them, for me they add something that mere bump maps alone don't. Can't put my finger on what it is though. I added one to Sol.

The Photoshop filter I create them with is here:

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

Don't press the 3D Preview button if you don't have an Nvidia card though, all it'll do is crash Photoshop. Open up a bump map, change it to RGB if it's grayscale, then open the filter. Check, Invert X,Y and Z and Using Multiple Layers, click OK and the map will be generated. Do Auto Levels on it and save it as a PSD (Calling it Normap Map is a good idea.). You plug the normal map into the Gradient Bump node in the Material Room in Poser and change Gradient Bump to Normal Map (tangent space), P9 and PP2012 will support this. I used it everywhere on Swidhelm's Alien but only use it for SkinFace on the others.

Then I had another play with V5, no normal map, just a pose and EZSkinned Kerstynn's texture...

CHEERS!

V5_Kerstynn_EZ.jpg
    588 x 600 - 114K
    M5_Sol_EZ_Normal_Map.jpg
    588 x 600 - 129K
    Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

Time to show off today's shopping!

Here's an Asian head for M5 with Look At Me eyes. The texture is Hiroshi from Mec4D's Hunk collection with EZ skin and a normal map.

CHEERS!

M5_Hiroshi_2.jpg
    588 x 600 - 125K
    M5_Hiroshi.jpg
    588 x 600 - 99K
This discussion has been closed.