Realistic Renders...NOT!! 11 "Hello Rogerbee!"

1434445464749»

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Still sticking to 3Delight for now. If I get to the limit of what it can do and I'm not satisfied then I might look at other options.

CHEERS!

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Speaking of 3Delight, this thread needs more cute. I confess I might have gone a bit overboard on the reflections with this one, but it looked awesome so I kept it in. Mostly I wanted a good excuse to use the adorable genesis catgirl. Or should that be kitten?

The_Kits_web.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 654K
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

I know how to work with Reality but options are always good ! There is a tiling issue to be resolved once that is done I may pick it up...

Anyhoo new renders hiding

8546340738_5f6974f2c5_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 110K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 117K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 84K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 79K
    edited December 1969

Keep going, one more page then I'll start anew,

That doesn't mean we ditch this thread entirely, I'm just giving us somewhere to go if the 100 page limit still applies.

CHEERS!

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    More options the better. If you read the Reality board at rendo its not as good.

Well I think a lot of that was uninformed speculation and "how dare they" conversation. So far this has a much better experience to export to Luxrender and so far no show stopping bugs in the 1.0 version as compared to Reality's (remember the arguments about why there should have been an option to enter both displacement and bump, since there was only one field to enter it in? And why Paolo said there was no need for displacement?)

Anyhoo, finished this up last night... only conversion was to turn the cornea and tears to architectural glass. Rest are converted HSS settings. Hopefully I'll get more opportunities to play with the light settings since it's been over a year since I've really rendered something in luxrender.

Wagner01B.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 310K
    edited December 1969

Welcome!

Nice contribution too. That does look rather good, not sure about the eyebrows, but the skin definitely looks good. How long did that take to render?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Welcome!

Nice contribution too. That does look rather good, not sure about the eyebrows, but the skin definitely looks good. How long did that take to render?

CHEERS!

Luxrenders usually take a long time because you want to get up to about 2000-3000 S/p to get it more "finished"... that said took about 5 1/2 hours with a 6-core processor. Usually these are "set up and go to bed while it's running"-types of renders, but this took not that long to set up... and only minimal time with the conversion... just played with the eye settings and Luxus translated everything else. It does help that you can do spot renders so it can render a piece of the render to preview what it's going to look like, so you can get a better idea quicker.

edited December 1969

Hmm,

5 1/2 hours doesn't sound too bad, it takes that long for my Windows Defender to scan my computer. I might give it a go at some point, but not right now.

Keep the renders coming, though I will have to start a new thread very soon..

CHEERS!

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Wait... did you say spot renders? For Lux...? Now that is a definite selling point.

edited December 1969

Wait... did you say spot renders? For Lux...? Now that is a definite selling point.

Yeah, it still takes a bit of time to transfer the scene over, but it only renders the area you selected so you can get an idea of how the render will look.

edited December 1969

This does sound good. What we have to remember is that all this and Reality are is a means of getting Daz stuff into Luxrender. Luxrender is still Luxrender no matter what you use to access it. I'm only contemplating it at the mo though....

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Oooh,

We're getting close! Just in case we hit that limit I have started a new thread for when we do:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18613/

Head there when this one gets to 100.

CHEERS!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This thread has been closed as there is now a new thread. Here

This discussion has been closed.