Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD V for Victory

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I need to stop checking the store so often. I keep finding cool stuff.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    Here is my attempt at a peace of Filleted fish.

Well done! Well, technically raw, Virtual sushi! :-)I never said it was a cooked fillet, I need stuff like this for my Project I'm running at full speed now. Raw foods that a primitive would have had, picture this hanging over a drying rack with many many more slices of fish and over to the side the tribe cooking up the peaces not drying in the sun.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

...well done, Makes me want to heat up the cast iron skillet and break out my 3D Cajun blackened fish rub.
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Depends who from :-P Spyro's a huggible guy. Just not into kissing little yellow blobs lol *Points at AtticAnne's post to jaderail*

What?!! You don't want to be kissed by that little cutie? But she wuvs you too. SMACK

edited December 1969

Jaderail's providing the fish, KK's doing the cooking, I'll join y'all for the eating, then Spyro, being junior, can have any leftovers and clean up the mess.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Jaderail's providing the fish, KK's doing the cooking, I'll join y'all for the eating, then Spyro, being junior, can have any leftovers and clean up the mess.

I like this plan. I'll bring some fruit and veggies to party, but y'all can eat the fish.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited November 2012

...before cooking the fish slowly bring up the heat under the skillet to insure the proper cooking temperature (about fifteen minutes). When a couple drops of water "dance" and pop on the skillet's surface, it's time to slap those lovingly spice rubbed fillets in and then stand back for the fireworks. one minute and flip, another minute and done.

...add my special garlic & tarragon roasted red potato wedgies and a couple ears of corn, and that's good eatin'

...just need to remember to take the battery out of the smoke alarm as well as open the door and windows, as this is a smoky endeavour.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Okay, now I'm starving.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

*Spyro winges to his daz family that he's starving. Spyro stands in the kitchen asking how long the cooling will take, get's told soon, then expresses his impatience by repeating that he is hungry* :-P

edited November 2012

vwrangler said:

Shadowkin M5 is hairless, yes. He also has subsurface and translucency that create an interesting effect that you don't normally see in that type of texture.

What I normally do is use the eyes from Liu for Genesis and then just leave them alone, unless I want some sort of really stark effect, in which case I use Actual Eyes, which have interestingly varied irises but very very very white sclera. Which is one of the reasons I was happy to see "Look at Me 2" in the store recently -- I never knew Look at Me 1 existed, and it's a bit more than I want to pay at the moment, because there are a few other things I want to do. Raiya's characters always have really good eyes -- and of the ones Skiriki mentioned, James M5 is a Raiya character, I think. (Mind, I do have to remember that the eyes have a different UV than the rest of the body, but since I normally don't touch them beyond that, it's not too difficult.)

I will Ubersurface body textures right, left and center, but I won't use shaders on eyes, because I somehow always screw them up and wind up with blindingly white tears and eyes that look like the character has the Cataracts o' Doom. DOOOOM! Doooooom..... (Sorry, having an Invader Zim moment there.) The franken-eye approach would be a bit more than I'd really want to try regularly. (Despite having no problems swapping bump, displacement, specular and SSS maps in and out with wild abandon. Hey, nobody ever said we had to be consistent about these things!)

What effect is using shaders on eye texture supposed to produce?

(...Has anyone ever noticed that pursuing this particular pastime makes a person sound like a really strange combination of Doctor Frankenstein, a window dresser and the serial killer from Silence of the Lambs? "Well, I use this part of the eye from that one, and this texture from someone else, and then there are the lovely vein displacements. And then I have to use this part of that outfit there and that part of that outfit, and then I have to make sure the lighting is right, and then I use aniMate and then She's Alive! ALIVE, I tell you! And disco dancing!")

Thanks very much for the info! I gave M5 Dave Elite textures a go... Since M4 and V4 elite were usually great for realistic textures and shaders, and most stand up quite well to close ups. As I mentioned, I heavily refined the dif texture of the Sclera Lots of adjustments in Photoshop!... I'm happy with the texture, then I gave M5 Elite parameters for the sclera a go and pow! I have decent eye whites, great improvement! I'm still mucking around :-P Seems I had bad parameters on my characters. Dave for M5 Elite is pretty darn good :)

I fixed my iris parameters, which were faintly glowing and highly reflective! - The only Issue I now have, is the edge of the iris has went from a natural slightly blurred edge to super crisp! I dont know how to fix it????

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

hey Spyro, can you make us a spiffy Max fish? http://www.sharecg.com/v/65671/view/5/3D-Model/cut-fish-for-Jaderail

That all sounds a bit fishy to me LOL

You guys seem to have done a great job already.

Here is some usefull food items for you:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/marrakesh-souk-basket
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/environments-props/other/medieval-market
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/market-construction-kit/35564
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/japanese-guest-house/79639
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/exnem-veggies-vol-2/95604
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/exnem-veggies-vol-1/95390
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/exnems-fruits/87109

It does seem fish and meat is lacked on the market. Should Jaderail not be happy with what he's made or what he makes... I could give it a go. I have been rather busy with projects lately though, and I haven't even started to make any other props that are on my list of 'to do' yet either lol Let me know how you guys go, and we'll work out something from there :)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Nice render!!

edited December 1969

I have downloaded all my new purchases and I just need to install them. I am afraid I will buy the new PC items that are coming out today.

edited December 1969

Soon back to work. My vacation is officially over, and I didn't spend a day away of home. Except groceries. And visiting folks. But most of the time I was installing an ungodly amount of digital content to my newish laptop that I got a short while ago. Got some time to render too, as you can check out Patience55's thread here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11161/

Well, I saved some money. <*shrug*>

edited December 1969

I spent a lot at Daz. I have lots of content. I want lots more. Oh when is the new PC items coming out?

edited December 1969

When you're out of money??

edited December 1969

When you're out of money??

That is when I stop buying Daz stuff. ;)

I need to decide if I can go to the group therapy today or stay home and try to feel better.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Today. Today is the PC day! *dance*

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Today. Today is the PC day! *dance*

I hope there will be something I can use for H5 or Hitomi!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

lol, my car

Doc3000.gif
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 1969

PC Day? I hope they actually release something I want (I wont say what it is cos, I feel everyone knows exactly what I want!) But I doubt it. They refuse to cure my long overdue impatient wait.

Nice ani Wendy! You really getting into your Gifs! :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

prefer to upload videos and embed
    like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12YS_Y_HAP4 how I did it

edited December 1969

prefer to upload videos and embed
    like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12YS_Y_HAP4 how I did it

Speed modeling with commentary by Wendy... Cool!

edited December 1969

@ Jaderail.

You might want to employ the ranged tactic with this guy. Get out your Jader Bow!

Excecutioner.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 278K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    @ Jaderail.

You might want to employ the ranged tactic with this guy. Get out your Jader Bow!

Jade is a Wizard / Warrior a Lighting Strike might soften him up a bit.

Great work Spyro, Very good detail in this render.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

wizards, did someone mention wiazards

wizard_lolcat.jpg
    500 x 375 - 40K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    @ Jaderail.

Jade is a Wizard / Warrior a Lighting Strike might soften him up a bit.

Great work Spyro, Very good detail in this render.

In the world of Skyrim, even the best of us can have a decent challenge :cheese: Watch out for those elves. They are not the glamorous kind heated folk of middle earth! They are pure evil in skyrim!

edited November 2012

I'm from the AD&D Forgotten Realms mytho's. Not a PC/PS/XBox game.

Just to counter Chohole's LOL cat, here's one I can relate too...

stupid.jpg
    400 x 300 - 30K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited November 2012

Yayz! My Buy it all Bonus came through today, and now the S5 Pro bundle is in my Downloadables!
    This was a good thing because I was going through PC Anniversary Sale withdrawal. :-)

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

I once had a female cat who practically told me that since I did not spay her, she has some kittens for me.

This discussion has been closed.