Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD V for Victory

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    How I feel today....

LOL. Reminds me of the "Confuse-A-Cat" sketch from Monty Python.
    Also having no opposable thumbs and:
    "Cats are able to detect color but do not see the intensity of color that humans see. Blue, green, purple and yellow are all within the range of sight for a cat. Red, orange and brown are seen as tones of gray."
    These factors add to their confusion in solving Rubik's Cubes. :)
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thumbs you say....

1bOpHFvow0KKa1U4NRHCSg2.jpg
    500 x 500 - 43K
    edited December 1969

This is just the way I feel right now....

Stupid_a81be7_191935.jpg
    500 x 450 - 24K
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I really only do Limmericks

Victoria Five from Daz
    was dressed in her flapper for jazz
    some power poses by Wendy
    with puppeteer to go bendy
    but she appeared to be having a spaz

Nice!!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    This is just the way I feel right now....

Kitty face-plant speaks volumes. Feel better.
    edited December 1969

Hungry. I go to hunt and gather. Some sort of Roast Beast would be nice. Fast food, but not too fast - I'm getting slooooow and can not chase it far without getting winded. :vampire:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

For Jade

funny_pictures_hugs_are_now_available.jpg
    500 x 371 - 45K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

I am trying to think of something to do. There are a lot of options but I have to choose which one. I could play with Genesis in 2012 or DS4.5. I could try to redownload H5 pro bundle and then install that and play with H5. I could find that paper notebook and write my prologue. I could listen to an audio book. I could read an ebook. I could read that book that is on the floor or the one that is in the night stand.

edited December 1969

Managed to catch the illusive chili-dog. A submarine-type sandwich in that it continues to surface from time to time (burp). 'Scuse me. Good though. :-)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Awww, Jaderail, this is for you,

na_kiss3.gif
    300 x 200 - 14K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

C'mon Daz! Where be the new stuff? You behind schedule man :-P

Also... Has this thread gone all sentimental on us? Hugs, kisses... This feels different lol

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Young man, nothing wrong with huggles and kissies. :)

edited November 2012

Depends who from :-P Spyro's a huggible guy. Just not into kissing little yellow blobs lol *Points at AtticAnne's post to jaderail*

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

*points up at her avatar* Sadly, the best you're gonna get out of me (in RL) is a polite handshake. Stupid reservations and phobias about being touched... :down: On the other hand, if you ever get a polite friend-hug out of me, you know you're on a really exclusive list of elite people...

edited December 1969

Just for the heck of it...

StupidCat_800x600.jpg
    581 x 600 - 114K
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    *points up at her avatar* Sadly, the best you're gonna get out of me (in RL) is a polite handshake. Stupid reservations and phobias about being touched... :down: On the other hand, if you ever get a polite friend-hug out of me, you know you're on a really exclusive list of elite people...

Nawww, did you just reject Spyro :( LOL

edited November 2012

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for the laugh, I needed one! :lol:

Edit: Jaderails, that is. OMG cats.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Nawww, did you just reject Spyro :( LOL

Good news: virtual hugs flow like water!

HUGS TO EVERYONE!

edited December 1969

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for the laugh, I needed one! :lol:

Edit: Jaderails, that is. OMG cats.

Welcome....
    edited November 2012

What is the *Best* settings for realistic eye sclera (White)???

No matter what I do, it never comes out realistic. It just looks like glossy plastic.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Welcome....

BIG HUGS TO JADERAIL!

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

No matter what I do, it never comes out realistic. It just looks like glossy plastic.

Okay. Here's what I do: I rarely, if ever, use eyes "straight out of box". I always end up doing some kind of piecemeal Eye-Frankenstein with different donators.

I take cornea (real reflection variant) from Shadow Kin for M5.

Pupils get looted from Philip, a lot of time, ditto for "tear".

I usually loot sclera from James for M5, or Philip for M5.

Iris, depending on what kind of effect I'm looking for.

edited December 1969

James an Philip. My major issue with the eye is the sclera... It ends up too bright and looks like a white pool table ball... I tried playing with my own diffuse texture and it looks great, but the shader/Material parameters just make a mess of it. I'll load up those characters and have a geeza. Thanks Skiriki!

I was thinking maybe my issue is not just the spec and diffuse, but perhaps that I haven't used sub surface or translucency perhaps...?

I shall look up shadow kin M5... I dont have him, but I could play with the cornea too.

On the cornea - Do you use the cornea bulge morph??? I havent and am not sure weather it's to make it anatomically correct or toony??? I have no idea why we have that morph LMAO

edited December 1969

Shodow Kin has a very nice skin bump texture! - Is he hairless?? I avoid hair textures, largely if my target character is young or If NOT I use Zev and Mec's fiber mesh body hair

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

hey Spyro, can you make us a spiffy Max fish? http://www.sharecg.com/v/65671/view/5/3D-Model/cut-fish-for-Jaderail

edited December 1969

Here is my attempt at a peace of Filleted fish.

Capture_DAZ.PNG
    736 x 864 - 562K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Here is my attempt at a peace of Filleted fish.

Well done! Well, technically raw, Virtual sushi! :-)
    edited December 1969

Hey anyone have the pose packs for V4 currently in the Fast Grab? How well do they work with Genesis?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,805
    edited November 2012

Spyro said:
    Shodow Kin has a very nice skin bump texture! - Is he hairless?? I avoid hair textures, largely if my target character is young or If NOT I use Zev and Mec's fiber mesh body hair

Shadowkin M5 is hairless, yes. He also has subsurface and translucency that create an interesting effect that you don't normally see in that type of texture.

What I normally do is use the eyes from Liu for Genesis and then just leave them alone, unless I want some sort of really stark effect, in which case I use Actual Eyes, which have interestingly varied irises but very very very white sclera. Which is one of the reasons I was happy to see "Look at Me 2" in the store recently -- I never knew Look at Me 1 existed, and it's a bit more than I want to pay at the moment, because there are a few other things I want to do. Raiya's characters always have really good eyes -- and of the ones Skiriki mentioned, James M5 is a Raiya character, I think. (Mind, I do have to remember that the eyes have a different UV than the rest of the body, but since I normally don't touch them beyond that, it's not too difficult.)

I will Ubersurface body textures right, left and center, but I won't use shaders on eyes, because I somehow always screw them up and wind up with blindingly white tears and eyes that look like the character has the Cataracts o' Doom. DOOOOM! Doooooom..... (Sorry, having an Invader Zim moment there.) The franken-eye approach would be a bit more than I'd really want to try regularly. (Despite having no problems swapping bump, displacement, specular and SSS maps in and out with wild abandon. Hey, nobody ever said we had to be consistent about these things!)

What effect is using shaders on eye texture supposed to produce?

(...Has anyone ever noticed that pursuing this particular pastime makes a person sound like a really strange combination of Doctor Frankenstein, a window dresser and the serial killer from Silence of the Lambs? "Well, I use this part of the eye from that one, and this texture from someone else, and then there are the lovely vein displacements. And then I have to use this part of that outfit there and that part of that outfit, and then I have to make sure the lighting is right, and then I use aniMate and then She's Alive! ALIVE, I tell you! And disco dancing!")

Post edited by vwrangler on
This discussion has been closed.